• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkham

yDdW75.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Meteorologists hype snow storms more than GAF does with The Last of Us. I have one planned too but don't believe it till I see it.

I usually don't take them seriously. This year has been pretty tame when it comes to snow compared to last year, unless you live above NY.

Finally I decided to not be lazy and equipped all my characters with each with a horn, icebreaker, hunger, different but still effective scout rifles and black hammer. No need to change gear between them for the duration of CE.

shermas

Do you guys remember back in the day we were stressed about not getting exotic bounties?

Good times.

How often do these pop up? I've probably played 200ish hours, do at least 2 or 3 bounties a day (usually more) and I've had ONE exotic bounty from Xander. Is that about right?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Forrest through the woods part VI.

Three hard Crota kills.

1. Moi
2. Forrest

Add yourself and I will start when team is full.

Does Impact and Damage matter in PVP? I don't understand how these handcannons are killing me in one shot when it takes me 3-4 with near max impact.

Also is the resource bonus just a scam because I'm still just getting 1 per node.

WipedOut

Yo, this is straight up me, I'm just under 600 hours across both my characters and I still don't have a Ghorn.

It's why I don't even bother trying to maximize my chances at it and put in the time to raid and shit now that I'm 32 on both characters. RNG is just too dumb and getting a group together to do PVE which I don't enjoy as much as PVP, just so I can end up not getting Ghorn for the umpteenth time isn't worth the time investment. I just do my Nightfalls and weeklys, at least then when I get crummy rewards it isn't after potentially 2-3 hours of getting a group together, only to maybe suck.

Honestly, I don't know if I really care or maybe I care too much, I just know I'd rather be wrecking dudes in PVP.

It took me over 900 hours in the game to finally get one. If it wasn't for XUR it would have taken me till last night to finally have icebreaker fall for me, that was over 1000 hours in

How often do these pop up? I've probably played 200ish hours, do at least 2 or 3 bounties a day (usually more) and I've had ONE exotic bounty from Xander. Is that about right?

Hard to say, you are maybe at a slightly below average rate but they aren't very common at all. Lots of people did/do 7-10+ bounties per day over several times as many hours as your play time and only see 4-5, plus there's no guarantee you'll get new ones you haven't seen before.

Are you interested in pvp or pve? That would affect the priority ranking. My personal ranking overall:

1.) Thorn is a safe bet, good for both game types, but the bounty is hard if you don't like Crucible. Still dominant in pvp even after the HC nerf.
2.) Bad juju is also a great exotic, especially since PR buff, very useful and unique perks for pve and pvp.
3.) Invective used to be only really for pvp but the pve shotgun buff makes it a lot more fun. More or less tied with PI:
4.) Pocket infinity was unfortunately hit rather hard by the recent FR nerf, just by the nature of its stats/perks but still an awesome weapon and a blast to use.
5.) Super good advice is the only one I would discourage, until you have all the others. Some people like it for VoG Oracles but it's a wasted exotic to me and doesn't bring much unique to the table. Meh.

grief

Anyone up for Xyor to make it less painful? I'll be your best friend and/or do something equally unpleasant for you!

PSN: xGrief

Does Impact and Damage matter in PVP? I don't understand how these handcannons are killing me in one shot when it takes me 3-4 with near max impact.

Also is the resource bonus just a scam because I'm still just getting 1 per node.

-Impact always matters, higher impact weapon does more damage but usually has lower rate of fire.
-Attack values don't matter in Crucible, only in Iron Banner.
-Hawkmoon is the only HC that can kill in one shot if all 3 perks proc on the same bullet, which is extremely rare (e.g. 0.045% chance for the first bullet in a mag). TTKs are extremely low across the board in pvp and lag often makes it much worse so it just feels like getting 1-shot.

-resource bonus isn't a scam but it's not very useful either. RNG like most everything, only a certain chance to get 2 mats per node and not an especially high probability. Just buy mats with marks in the tower, maybe pick up mats you happen to Sparrow past out in the world. Definitely not worth intentionally farming.

Ryck

Guess I'm one of those "unlucky" people who doesn't have a Ghorn. According to destiny tracker I have 664 hours put into the game. Never seen a Red Death either. Got a Monte Carlo for the first time this week. Guess it could be worse I have a friend who has never gotten a Fatebringer. (My favorite gun)

#foreverhornless

Anyone up for Xyor to make it less painful? I'll be your best friend and/or do something equally unpleasant for you!

I can help, got that bounty sitting on my Titan. We'll call it even if you help me transfer a CP from my Hunter to my Titan then we can bust out Xyor. Sent FR.

Rehsa

I can help, got that bounty sitting on my Titan. We'll call it even if you help me transfer a CP from my Hunter to my Titan then we can bust out Xyor. Sent FR.

Can I join on this? Still haven't finished this bounty

Edit: Thanks Drizzay and Grief, finally have Thorn. Now Bungie just needs to let me play as a Vandal so I can quad wield this, TLW and the two Hawkmoons I got last night :D

GutZ31

Very sorry, my VoG team, that I had to bail. Wife enraged much early tonight. I guess it can't be helped since she's pregnant. Our good doctor here can tell you how evil estrogen is. It makes womapen crazier than they already normally are... :(

I have never heard of a womapen, but they sound dangerous.
Make sure you sleep in another room, just to be sure it doesn't kill you in your sleep.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Great run guys. Thanks.

Got another Fang and Word and some goodies. Another warlock helm. My 999999999999th and without infusion.

coy

Great run guys. Thanks.

Got another Fang and Word and some goodies. Another warlock helm. My 999999999999th and without infusion.

Good runs, no drama. Got nothing worthwhile though, still hunting for infusion helms for all my characters...
I finally got one on the 2nd run. Also, thanks for letting me be a spectator for the last run. I won't lie: I thought my dying before leaving the crystal room with y'all still downing him would reward me with a Horn as I was led to believe that's how it works.

Crux get. 2nd time beating hard mode. The fang too. Great work Team District 9. Nightfall never fails to disappoint. 5th legendary shotgun from it.

Edit: why do people even like being on the top of the page

Out 1

I finally got one on the 2nd run. Also, thanks for letting me be a spectator for the last run. I won't lie: I thought my dying before leaving the crystal room with y'all still downing him would reward me with a Horn as I was led to believe that's how it works.
That should have worked.

Thanks all. Got 2 more fangs *sigh* No Ghorn, no crux.

Anyone wants to run Abyss 2-3 times? I know it sounds like fun, but the pulse is the only weapon that I miss.

Edit: Thanks Drizzay and Grief, finally have Thorn. Now Bungie just needs to let me play as a Vandal so I can quad wield this, TLW and the two Hawkmoons I got last night :D

Great run, thanks guys. Some people hate on it but I actually really like the Phoggy Shuffle Strike, especially that version of it. Da loots!:

B_UBAuYW0AAI8on.jpg:large

You forgot the extra secret scrub sauce: gotta be Lv30 AND die in the crystal room. Loot system deciphered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom