• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd much rather have weapons drop with all of their perks unlocked, with the damage boost being the only thing to upgrade.

Anyway, I'll be looking for my first HM Crota run this week, so I hope there's some nice GAFfers who are willing to hold hands for a bit.

GRIP

Normal and/or Hard full Crota's End tonight at 8 Eastern:

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ???
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ???
5) captscience (PSN captscience) ???
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ???
a1) Stereotype (PSN Haybro_) ???
a2) ich00 (PSN Ichabod00) ???

Anyone else we've raided with recently? I'd like to fill this with known quantities. =)

I'm up for it. Just send me an invite when you're getting the group together.

Patch is "later this week," so anyone else holding off on the nightfall and holding off on playing Destiny in general?

burnless Valus is going to need all the heavy ammo I've got :eek:

Dave_6

Normal and/or Hard full Crota's End tonight at 8 Eastern:

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ???
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ???
5) captscience (PSN captscience) ???
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ???
a1) Stereotype (PSN Haybro_) ???
a2) ich00 (PSN Ichabod00) ???

Anyone else we've raided with recently? I'd like to fill this with known quantities. =)

Yep, count me in. I'd prefer normal so I can run my Warlock or Titan as my Hunter has everything. I'll run whatever the group would rather do though.

2x NM would be ideal!

Bradach

You don't need to feel bad. What is you like about it?

I don't really feel bad at all, I though it was funny. I only have two legendary primary weapons so I don't have much choice. I got through the last few NF's with it, in its defense but I'd take any hand cannon over it any day. Maybe I'll get something better later in the NF

Enough flawless attempts for today...
only got to crota once :(

is there a safe way to do the bridge phase as a hunter?
warlock and titan easy to do but i cant jump high enough as a hunter to do the sword swing across and then climb the rock thing

Everyone just does the phase legit, doesn't matter what class you are. Very easy, very safe. Maybe first person across is a Titan w GH to keep the Boomer under control but otherwise just go one at a time, last person should maybe have GH also to solo final sword bearer. Neither Gh is necessary, just make sure everyone is playing conservatively.

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking with the class distinctions, sword swing across and climbing the rock. As in the cheese methods? I wouldn't recommend them, phase is very safe as long as everyone understands the encounter design and how the add spawns change on both sides as you transfer people across.

stb

I'm up for it. Just send me an invite when you're getting the group together.

Yep, count me in. I'd prefer normal so I can run my Warlock or Titan as my Hunter has everything. I'll run whatever the group would rather do though.

2x NM would be ideal!

I moved you both into the "confirmed" list, thanks.

We tore through normal twice last week in around an hour, I think. That said, HM wasn't much slower (at least until we hit the wall at Crota), so I'm *leaning* toward one normal and one hard, because I only have one character that is raid-level.

We can nail down what the group wants to do in the party chat or something.

So I hit Rank 5 for Iron Banner last night and bought my Scout rifle, this left me with about 9000 glimmer.

I also only had 1 mote left due to buying 6 chest engrams, and trying to reroll my shotgun.

Of course, my shotgun ended up with shit, and I didn't want to bother leveling it, so instead, I busted out my reserve glimmer items in the vault and cashed in enough to buy a second shotgun since the default perks were better than the crap I had.

So now I have 1 scout rifle and 2 shotguns.

KxoZz

Everyone just does the phase legit, doesn't matter what class you are. Very easy, very safe. Maybe first person across is a Titan w GH to keep the Boomer under control but otherwise just go one at a time, last person should maybe have GH also to solo final sword bearer. Neither Gh is necessary, just make sure everyone is playing conservatively.

I guess I'm not sure what you're asking with the class distinctions, sword swing across and climbing the rock. As in the cheese methods? I wouldn't recommend them, phase is very safe as long as everyone understands the encounter design and how the add spawns change on both sides as you transfer people across.

was doing it solo. The seord swing cheese is easier than legit when doing it solo. but i need loads of tries as a hunter but can do it first time always as titan or warlock

Hawkmoon from a legendary engram.

Fuck off

Im at gatekeepers if anyone wants to beat Atheon

If you still need someone in 20 mins, I'll be up for it.

I have hard Atheon CP and would be down for 3x kills since my earlier group abandoned me to steal my TLord in a NFall :p

*whispers*

You got any of dem other checkpoints on you?

Also if people didn't know, Destiny will be down for 2 hours in 2 hours time

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hawkmoon from a legendary engram.

Tx9rHYe.gif

Have we discussed how everybody on the first page of this thread predicted no burn Spongebob?

Is there some secret way of doing this that I don't know about? I remember that diagram a few months ago...

GRIP

I moved you both into the "confirmed" list, thanks.

We tore through normal twice last week in around an hour, I think. That said, HM wasn't much slower (at least until we hit the wall at Crota), so I'm *leaning* toward one normal and one hard, because I only have one character that is raid-level.

We can nail down what the group wants to do in the party chat or something.

I don't really need to get anything from either, so it doesn't matter to me which mode we do. Still looking for HoC and WoC, but I'm not in desperate need of either.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Have we discussed how everybody on the first page of this thread predicted no burn Spongebob?

Is there some secret way of doing this that I don't know about? I remember that diagram a few months ago...

I think some dude leaked it.

HigXx

Some guy on Reddit datamined and posted what the Nightfall was

Shito

Diagram + it got leaked by some guy datamining the game.

Raybunny

Alright I am at home.

3x Nightfall
3x Weekly
3x Gorgon CP
3x Deathsinger
3x Crota.

Anyone for 3x NF and 3x weekly?

Edit: Maintenance on EU prime time. Bungie PLS!

Anyone with Gorgon HM CP? I can do that at least before maintenance

Gordon

it's my main primary weapon :(

I have it maxed out and thought it was good... until you lol'ed at it
Everybody hates on the max RoF ARs but I like them. You can't treat them like a Suros though - they play like Sentinel Beams. If you could find a way to buff the impact a point or two they would be just devastating. I mean like AE on a voidburn basically.

Shito

"Update 1.1.2: the One about Namikaze being best friends with RNGesus"
"Found a bug where most of the game's exotics were going to the user Namikaze. Players should now see their chances to find an exotic gear significantly increased."

One day I will get Blackhammer. Only been running Crota three times a week since launch. One day...

Been running NM Crota twice a week for a while now myself. Its frustrating to see raid teammates getting it as a drop and in the meantime all I get is Swordbreaker after Swordbreaker.

#foreverblackhammerless

PuMa

Been running NM Crota twice a week for a while now myself. Its frustrating to see raid teammates getting it as a drop and in the meantime all I get is Swordbreaker after Swordbreaker.

#foreverblackhammerless

Took me just up until last week to finally get my first BH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom