• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

I could agree with you if Bungie didn't start to balance their high end content around people having the Horn.
I still think Xur should be replaced by a system where we can buy any exotic at any given time, only they ask for a lot of different currencies / grind in order to get one.

Well, Hunger of Crota works too and Gjallarhorns have been dropping more often. I just think the excitement of getting something strongly desired rejuvenates the desire to continue playing Destiny. What they need to do is to refine the smart loot system in CE and give more checks and balances so with enough dedication you can get the good stuff.

_Legacy_

Have we discussed how everybody on the first page of this thread predicted no burn Spongebob?

Is there some secret way of doing this that I don't know about? I remember that diagram a few months ago...

I didn't see the datamine but just figured because I hadn't seen it in a while.

waters10

Neo Member
You can do it. It will just take a ton of time. There should be plenty of groups getting together tonight though. PSN or XBL?
I'm on PSN. I know it's a friendly crowd here, but I don't want to join a group and cause 30 minutes of pain!

Well, Hunger of Crota works too and Gjallarhorns have been dropping more often. I just think the excitement of getting something strongly desired rejuvenates the desire to continue playing Destiny. What they need to do is to refine the smart loot system in CE and give more checks and balances so with enough dedication you can get the good stuff.

It's tough. I'm 50/50. Anything you've earned after hard work is definitely more special. Xur has blessed me with my first Ice Breaker and The Last Word, both of which I've been using since. I really don't remember any other weapons I've gotten from him. I've got most of my exotic gear from him. I've been looking for Heart of Praxic since day 1 and if he sold it I'd buy it in a heartbeat and upgrade it immediately. There comes a time when you've waited for months and months where you just want the thing already. Especially since September. And the most coveted weapon, I think ghornless would all love it still.

RetroMG

Is there any point in jumping into something right now? System's going down in about five minutes, right?

I really want to go run something.

EDIT: Time zones, how do they work? We have another hour.

Shito

So I have a level 29 Titan. I've never tried to complete the Nightfall. I've killed Valus Ta'aurc numerous time before and it didn't seem one of the harder strikes.

I didn't even attempt last week's nightfall, cause I thought that would've been painful. But this week, can I do it?? If so, I'll post again tonight and see if I can squeeze in a group ... All my friends are under level 26.
Do you have Icebreaker?
If you do, you should get through relatively easily, with lots of patience.
Otherwise, you will need even more patience, and probably quite a few synthesis. ^^

WipedOut

You end up gettin a horn?

I'm officially no longer #forevernogjallarhorn. Got it this morning from HM Gorgon Chest. The hunt is finally over. I was so excited I forgot to capture.

giphy.gif

Frostburn and ji66a_man, thanks for the NF and weekly runs. No burn kinda stinks but spongebob isn't nearly as bad as omnigul. Glad to have that stuff outta the way.

Dave_6

I just need shards to hit 32, so that's my main motivator. Exotic rolls are always good, too.

I already have a couple BH and HoC, LotA would be nice, but swordbreaker would PROBABLY be energies (I don't have one, but it's useless to me).

I have the raid AR and PR, and WoC would be nice, but I'd really like the Fang because I dig scouts (but I just got the IB scout and have Fatebringer for arc burns, so even the Fang would be a luxury item for me)

I also would like to squirrel away extra armor pieces for my second titan I'm planning on rolling.

I guess the Crux would be nice, too.

I have all HM drops (weapon wise) except the Crux. The HoC is the one weapon left from this raid that I've yet to get and I really want it.

My Hunter needs nothing armor wise but my Warlock and Titan both need the helms as they've yet to drop. If we do a NM, I'll take my Titan since it's still a 30. Hopefully my Warlock could make it through the HM since it's a 31 without too much difficulty.

Waldini

11 Shards, 9 coins and 9 Energies! Thanks Bungie! ... atleast give RADIANT stuff.

Got my 7000th No Land Beyond and an Universal Remote.

Crota Normal gave shit aswell. After dozens of attempts I need the Hunger of Crota. Shit is getting ridiculous now!

3 VoG chests and Atheon Hard to GO...

I completely disagree. Not having one, while you have six, makes every single drop I get that's not a GHorn suck balls. I'd rather him sell that, and keep some of the useless pokemon exotics hard to get for those that care.

Also, why do you think they are dropping more often?

And...Hunger of crota is not anywhere near as good as the Horn. Try taking down the abyss o ogre with HoC. Even silly things like sword bearers take twice as many rockets with HoC. Twice as many means a reload, which gives him time to hide and regen shields. On to of that, it doesn't track nearly as aggressively.

Numpt3

What is going on.... Ahamkara's Spine and Mida from two nightfalls (Not done the 3rd yet) and just got the Last Word from the chest that Darknyss is kindly giving out :O

Namikaze1

Today's loot:

No Backup Plans
Energy...
MK.44 Stand Asides
6 legendary engrams (1 from weekly, 1 from daily, 4 from cryptarch package)

Still need to do Crota's End. Gonna run normal as soon as maintenance is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom