• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I'm thinking of getting destiny tomorrow, hows the game pvp wise? are the expansions worth it? is there any good guide about how destiny "grind" works?

Thx in advance.

To be honest with you the PVP is shit and the "expansion" is a joke content wise but I still play the shit out of this game, including the PVP so...

LTWood12

Work closing at 12 due to ice so I get the afternoon to run bounties and do the weeklies!

Nice! We totally shut down our office today too. Hoping to get playing in today unless the Mrs. has other plans. Still have a couple weeklies to do, and haven't done any raids. Did get my hunter from 18 to 29 though.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Who would have thought the tower was among the most popular activities in the game. No wonder they're adding another one. I hope they don't think people go there cause they like it

I wonder if they track idleness in the tower. I bet most of that time is standing in the tower while going to the bathroom or cooking or something, lol

I wonder if they track idleness in the tower. I bet more of that time is stand in the tower while going to the bathroom or cooking or something, lol

I do that a lot when Im working at home. Just go dancing in the tower. Seems like you get kicked to orbit a bit later from the tower

RetroMG

So I got the Word of Crota last night. I feel like I keep getting amazing drops - except for the ones I'm actually after. Still, now I have all three flavors of damage in Primary. I guess I need to learn to appreciate the great weapons I've got before Gjallarhorn will show itself.

On topic: I'm not actually a fan of Cheesecake. It's all right, but give me a moist chocolate cake any day of the week,

Deku Tree

That's right. Only vanilla map strikes, but NF and weekly strikes count too I think.

I will try the easiest strike now to see if it get up :(

Edit - I found this really helpful thread in Bungie: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/101097919/0/0

Oh wow:

"Nightfall, Weeklies, and playlists don't count towards your strike completions. The only strikes that count are the original strikes on the planets. If you go into a strike by yourself, it will only count as one. However, I completed them with one person in my fire team, and it counted as THREE every time! Find a buddy and get them done!"

Haybro

Oh wow:

"Nightfall, Weeklies, and playlists don't count towards your strike completions. The only strikes that count are the original strikes on the planets. If you go into a strike by yourself, it will only count as one. However, I completed them with one person in my fire team, and it counted as THREE every time! Find a buddy and get them done!"

Ok, so this is why I don't have that clan strike trophy yet.

ocean

Banned
Max Grimoire is the new 0.1%. I'll get all the Ghosts this weekend and become a Lord but I doubt I'll ever shoot for max Grim. That's an insane grind...

Dave_6

Nice! We totally shut down our office today too. Hoping to get playing in today unless the Mrs. has other plans. Still have a couple weeklies to do, and haven't done any raids. Did get my hunter from 18 to 29 though.

We should have closed ~45 mins ago as it's already at the freezing mark here and I live in an elevated, hilly area.

ethomaz

Banned
Oh wow:

I can confirm now that it could for every fireteam member... so got 3 points after the first complementation.

It will be faster than I thought.

Steroyd

Max Grimoire is the new 0.1%. I'll get all the Ghosts this weekend and become a Lord but I doubt I'll ever shoot for max Grim. That's an insane grind...

Yup, the thing stopping me from even thinking about that is the 25 rumble wins... I need 21 more wins *shudder*

Salvage is fun, but I can't randoms.

ethomaz

Banned
Yup, the thing stopping me from even thinking about that is the 25 rumble wins... I need 21 more wins *shudder*

Salvage is fun, but I can't randoms.
I only have the Control... I will start to play all the modes to reach 100 wins soon... so if you want to make a team to Salvage ;)

ocean

Banned
I can confirm now that it could for every fireteam member... so got 3 points after the first complementation.

It will be faster than I thought.
So with a full Fireteam each strike counts as 3x? That's great news. I'll start a train this weekend so we can clear that.

So I got the Word of Crota last night. I feel like I keep getting amazing drops - except for the ones I'm actually after. Still, now I have all three flavors of damage in Primary. I guess I need to learn to appreciate the great weapons I've got before Gjallarhorn will show itself.

On topic: I'm not actually a fan of Cheesecake. It's all right, but give me a moist chocolate cake any day of the week,

there are so many good weapons you can be enjoying. I don't even equip gjallarhorn Unless Im doing hard Crota or some other situation that requires it. need that exotic slot for some other fun exotic like invective, which completely demolishes everything in its path. It's the most fun I've had in a long time

ocean

Banned
there are so many good weapons you can be enjoying. I don't even equip gjallarhorn Unless Im doing hard Crota or some other situation that requires it. need that exotic slot for some other fun exotic like invective, which completely demolishes everything in its path. It's the most fun I've had in a long time
I love the Horn. It's perfect. But I switch out to Hunger when doing low level stuff so I can wield Hawkmoon <3

ocean

Banned
Speaking of Grinoire, my Raid completions for the Raid Introduction card is far lower than my VoG+CE completions. What gives?

Oh wow:

Grimoire requirements are all fucked up. Major enemy types don't count either which is really weird. The 100 rumble wins I'm not even gonna try. I can't stand one rumble match let alone trying to win 100 of them. Should just be "play 100 rumble matches"

I love the Horn. It's perfect. But I switch out to Hunger when doing low level stuff so I can wield Hawkmoon <3

Yeah I'm the same. Having the gjallarhorn always equipped is such a waste. Same with ice breaker. Variety is what keeps this game enjoyable for me. Been using red death a lot lately. I never realized how good it is until now

Edit*** top of page peer pressure edit
you happy now?? Gao gao

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Nothing beats a creamy, delicious cheesecake with graham cracker crust with cherries or strawberries. I'm just gonna assume some of you have had poorly executed cheesecake.

C'mon the DestinyGAF, we love cheese.

ethomaz

Banned
Fuck randoms... I'm only getting 2 points per Strike because somebody left at the middle.

So with a full Fireteam each strike counts as 3x? That's great news. I'll start a train this weekend so we can clear that.
Yeap... 3 guys = 3 points... I'm playing with randoms and in the last two strikes one guy left so I got only 2 points.

Everyone on my friends list is grouped up. Got me looking like

WilK6BIl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom