• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ich00

There are 4 spots for the VoG Normal newbie raid tonight, 9EST. Do you guys want them?

Sure, we can take those if they're open. 3 of us have done Vog a bunch, although I've never been a good relic holder for the templar, as long as that's not a problem.

NastyBook

Who would have thought the tower was among the most popular activities in the game. No wonder they're adding another one. I hope they don't think people go there cause they like it
Tower time's gonna fall off now that the vault app exists. Only going there to hit up Xur and pick up bounties from here on out. Gear switching to be done either in orbit, on planet, or at work IRL for me now.

I ran Crota HM with lvl30s. It's extremely doable. IMO as long as the lvl30 are the first one out and in, they won't get killed by the boomers, since it takes them a few second to start shooting. they can stay in the crsytal room, but it's prob better if they kill themself to prevent the orge from agroing to the middle section below.

I regret nothing

Lima

Lvl 30's are no problem. Especially during the Crita fight. A good sword bearer kills him with two swords so true only need to stay on the ledge anyway.

I ran Crota HM with lvl30s. It's extremely doable. IMO as long as the lvl30 are the first one out and in, they won't get killed by the boomers. Since it takes the boomers a few second to start shooting. they can stay in the crsytal room, but it's prob better if they kill themself to prevent the orge from agroing to the middle section below.

Yeah I can load it up.

Hey, just saw this. On my way!

Hiko

Banned
Bungie's explanation for removing the loot cave is so dumb. Yeah, technically you are getting more engrams from doing strikes. But what's easier and more relaxing? Shooting three trash mobs over and over, or grinding the strike playlist? I loved that cave. Especially when that Fallen/Hive battle royale would break out. When I was with a group of four other randoms, that was honestly more fun than any strike or raid I've been part of.

nOoblet16

Lvl 30's are no problem. Especially during the Crita fight. A good sword bearer kills him with two swords so true only need to stay on the ledge anyway.

Well that's not a good swordbearer, that's an exceptional swordbearer if they can kill him in two swords (Which probably also requires three shieldbreaks in first sword). A good swordbearer is just the one who is consistent and can take Crota down with three swords with the normal strategy imo :p

RetroMG

On the topic of running HM Crota with 30/31s - Do they even need to go down to the Ogre room? Could they not just hide in a safe spot up in the crystal room while the rest of the team downs the ogres? If they got up high, they could probably avoid the thralls.

I'm just thinking, because whenever I've run HM Crota (as 31 and as 32,) that's the only time I've really worried about dying.

Bungie's explanation for removing the loot cave is so dumb. Yeah, technically you are getting more engrams from doing strikes. But what's easier and more relaxing? Shooting three trash mobs over and over, or grinding the strike playlist?

Heck with the new Infinite Thrall Glitch/Loot cave, you don't even have to aim! If you could get autofire on the melee button, you could tape the button down and walk away.

Hey, just saw this. On my way!

Someone was very excited ;)
11039060_10155342869440637_6381985326006463046_o.jpg

Namikaze1

Yes! Husk of the Pit dropped! Now I can get rid of the Crux that's taking up space and have another Necrochasm!

SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!

Bungie's explanation for removing the loot cave is so dumb. Yeah, technically you are getting more engrams from doing strikes. But what's easier and more relaxing? Shooting three trash mobs over and over, or grinding the strike playlist? I loved that cave. Especially when that Fallen/Hive battle royale would break out. When I was with a group of four other randoms, that was honestly more fun than any strike or raid I've been part of.

But they didn't remove the Fallen/Hive battle royale part.

That's still there.

Also, the loot cave was annoying for anyone that actually wanted to play the real content, as everyone else thought it was more efficient to not do any strikes/pvp when you could just shoot into a cave.

tick221

On the topic of running HM Crota with 30/31s - Do they even need to go down to the Ogre room? Could they not just hide in a safe spot up in the crystal room while the rest of the team downs the ogres? If they got up high, they could probably avoid the thralls.

I'm just thinking, because whenever I've run HM Crota (as 31 and as 32,) that's the only time I've really worried about dying.

We've left 30/31's in the crystal room while we fight the ogre's. They just need to be on top of the doors to stay safe from the thralls that will spawn.

LordofPwn

It's actually like number 50+ on the exotic shard list i've got 30 in my vault plus 14 fully upgraded exotics, plus however many i used to buy upgraded exotics.

I went from 2670 grimoire score to 2770 in half an hour. Finally completed the machine gun card and I just got to rank 2 for hydras.

2900 Grimoire reached! Hecks yeah!

Also got my Stranger's Rifle back for PvP sweetness.

lol get on my level.

lol get on my level.

You sunnova bitch...

I'm actually pretty close to a handful of other points.

4 more strikes = 5 points
12 more rumble wins = 5 points
18 more clash wins = 5 points
150 more shotgun kills = 5 points
19 more ogres kills = 5 points

Should be a progressive weekend.

On the topic of running HM Crota with 30/31s - Do they even need to go down to the Ogre room? Could they not just hide in a safe spot up in the crystal room while the rest of the team downs the ogres?.

They can jump up on the door frames but this usually pulls the left tower Ogre down into the bottom middle area instead of aggro'ing on the group in the right tower. Not necessarily a problem (edit: i.e. team can still kill left Ogre as it's crossing into the middle, or kill it from above by the window while Scrota is in the middle, before he goes right) but more importantly it shouldn't be an issue to get the 30/31's into Ogre room position with the rest of the team. I can elaborate a bit more in a minute...

A good sword bearer kills him with teamwork

fixed

Someone was very excited ;)

I may have to steal this picture for my collection and pretend like I was sharing the CP :)

I don't have a screenshot saved of someone getting RD from the Gorgons chest, only missing that and Suros...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
What counts as a match win in Rumble on the Grimoire? Because the extra 15 points will never be mine if I have to come in first in 100 freaking Rumble matches, LOL. Without a team to back me up I get murdered.

LordofPwn

You sunnova bitch...

I'm actually pretty close to a handful of other points.

4 more strikes = 5 points
12 more rumble wins = 5 points
18 more clash wins = 5 points
150 more shotgun kills = 5 points
19 more ogres kills = 5 points

Should be a progressive weekend.

Yeah i need 104 ogres, 109 hydras, 11 strikes, 68 rumble wins, and 66 salvage wins to max my grimoire before HoW.

fuck rumble

What counts as a match win in Rumble on the Grimoire? Because the extra 15 points will never be mine if I have to come in first in 100 freaking Rumble matches, LOL. Without a team to back me up I get murdered.

Have to get 1st on the server... :(

fuck rumble

Yeah that ain't happening naturally.

Only thing I like about rumble: prevented me from ever trying to grind grimoire.

Just make sure Zoba doesn't delete your characters when he's done Share Playing...

I didnt noticed but killing enemies with the Bad Juju while you are on Radiance (sunsingers) give you extra meter so the more you kill the more time you can stay on radiance.

Steroyd

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I dun fucked up when I pressed the share button and I don't have my No Land Beyond double kill in one shot, now that epic moment will be lost in my memories. T_T

OTL

Yeah i need 104 ogres, 109 hydras, 11 strikes, 68 rumble wins, and 66 salvage wins to max my grimoire before HoW.

fuck rumble

Thats a lot of PvP you need still, yikes. :(

Those strikes though? You can knock that out in less than an hour.

I just got done farming some hydras just outside the black garden portal. It took me 65 minutes to kill 70 Hydras.

Ya'll hate on rumble far too much.

It's a great mode where I don't have to rely on pleby randoms.

Rumble is fine. It actually makes me play specific maps in different ways, and I like that. Clash has actually grown on me as well. I used to be a straight up Control/Salvage only kind of guy, but Clash has let me branch out for my kills.

Man, I miss halo kill heat maps.

I'll keep posting this PSA since it's not widely known:

-1 level below enemies = 32% penalty for damage dealt and received, e.g: a Lv32's R2 sword smash decreases 32% from 22,501 to 15,301 from NM to HM Scrota.

-2 levels below enemies = 42% penalty, e.g. R2 smash = 13,051 damage

-3 levels below enemies = 52% penalty

One level down makes all the difference, going two levels down makes very little additional difference. Completely negligible for the success of the team relative to (1) glitches and lag, and (2) people scrubbing up the strat.

With 5 Lv30s I did a Lv31 3-sword NM Crota kill on NM CE launch weekend. I've done HM Scrota kills with 4 31s and a 30. That's just a reflection of how Destiny's light level systems were designed, not anything to do with supposed "skill." Sword running just requires experience, not skill.

Which probably also requires three shieldbreaks in first sword

Sword 1, Combo 1: (R1-R1-R2) + (R1-R1-R2) + R2 = 69,307

Sword 1, Combo 2: (R1-R1-R2) + (R1-R1-R2) + R2 = 138,614 total damage

Sword 2, Combo 1: (R1-R1-R2) + R2 + R2 = 196,219 total damage (no Enrage)

Sword 2, Combo 2: (R1-R1-R2) + (R1-R1-R2) + R2 = 265,526 = Dead Scrota

To reliably get the big combo, just need coordinated DPS and reasonably lag-free connection so sword can start attacking as soon as the rockets hit. Don't need any triple-downs and avoid Enrage completely since he dies right when the text pops up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sure, we can take those if they're open. 3 of us have done Vog a bunch, although I've never been a good relic holder for the templar, as long as that's not a problem.
Sweet. You can have your friends send Hawkian an FR if you want.

Up to you if you want to give the relic a shot during Templar, this is a good opportunity. There's a lot of leeway on normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom