• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So out of curiosity. Does anyone here not have House of Wolves purchased already? Like, are you just waiting for it to come out before you commit the cash or something?

Feorax

Weekly update is a bit of a non-starter this week it seems.

On the plus side, baby hunter is all grown up at lv 32 now. Just baby titan to go.

Got all of the raid gear for the titan, but if Xur sells the saint helmet tomorrow as expected, then I'll probably level that before the infusion raid helm I have.

realcZk

So out of curiosity. Does anyone here not have House of Wolves purchased already? Like, are you just waiting for it to come out before you commit the cash or something?

I already have it with the season pass thing that came with the special edition of the game. Had I not received that, I definitely would not have purchased house of wolves yet.

I would wait for its release to see if Bungie actually delivers and avoids the mistakes made in TDB. I have a good feeling it won't be repeating mistakes but if it does you can count me out.

tick221

I've set a goal for myself to not pre purchase DLC anymore, I've spent way toooo much money on season passes only to stop playing the game. I bought TDB a few days before and it borked my install and locked me out of the game, really sucked to have to re download the game to get access to what I had already payed for.

I will most likely get every bit of DLC that Dungie drops, just not until release day

stb

iStock-Unfinished-Business-10.jpg

The size of this picture made me laugh. Scrolled to that post on my 23" monitor at work.

Weekly update is just letting us know we'll probably get some HoW info next week. Right? Did I read that correctly? It's hard to tell with the whole performance he has to throw in there.

realcZk

Additionally, we have heard reports that players are losing items when transferring items using the Companion app. While we investigate this issue, please be sure to check all Inventories amongst your characters, and to use caution when transferring items during mission countdown timers and load-ins for maps.

a friend read this and said "imagine if you heard something like this from a bank teller"

"We've heard reports that customers are losing their checking accounts when withdrawing cash from an ATM. Please use caution when transferring funds during our lunch break..."

LFM

How many strikes did you actually have to run to get that? My strike grimoire card counter is at 189 but when I add up the totals for the individual strike cards I've done 292

The Strikes grimoire only counts strikes that are entered directly from the map select screen. The Vanguard playlists, weekly, and nightfall do not count.

That said, you get 1 point towards Strikes for every person that finishes a strike with you. Thus you could finish the Grimoire with 84 strikes ran (84*3 people = 252).

ethomaz

Banned
How many strikes did you actually have to run to get that? My strike grimoire card counter is at 189 but when I add up the totals for the individual strike cards I've done 292
I started in 220 so I need about 12-13 Strikes... each strike give you 2 or 3 points (the number of members of the fireteam).

Just normal strikes counts... Vanguard playlist, NF, Weekly don't.

Shito

I honestly expected that weekly update to hit us last week.
Good thing we had that companion update to save us from two weeks of nothing...

Secret Handshake + Praxic + Super charged + Eliminate the target = *giggles*

keakster

The Strikes grimoire only counts strikes that are entered directly from the map select screen. The Vanguard playlists, weekly, and nightfall do not count.

That said, you get 1 point towards Strikes for every person that finishes a strike with you. Thus you could finish the Grimoire with 84 strikes ran (84*3 people = 252).

I started in 220 so I need about 12-13 Strikes... each strike give you 2 or 3 points (the number of members of the fireteam).

Just normal strikes counts... Vanguard playlist, NF, Weekly don't.

Good to know! Thanks

It would super awesome if for One Time DeeJ could say it in 1-2 sentences.

We're working on 1.1.2 and hope to bring you information on that and HoW next week.

Done

ich00

Sweet. You can have your friends send Hawkian an FR if you want.

Up to you if you want to give the relic a shot during Templar, this is a good opportunity. There's a lot of leeway on normal.

Cool will do.

Yea I may, usually I miss the shield breaking special when I run relic, but why not give it another try, it's been a while since I tried.

Yeah but most rumors put the reef as a HoW social hub.

Yeah, but there is nothing to really allude to that. Other than the fact the geometry exists currently.

Just remember, we had geometry for the Terminus on day 1, and we still haven't seen it as playable space.

Geometry is one of the first things completed during development.

I already have it with the season pass thing that came with the special edition of the game. Had I not received that, I definitely would not have purchased house of wolves yet.

I would wait for its release to see if Bungie actually delivers and avoids the mistakes made in TDB. I have a good feeling it won't be repeating mistakes but if it does you can count me out.

Oh please. Put those rubber claws away. With Shep back in the mix, you'd be buying HoW even if it came with a mandatory boot to the nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

We don't know that.

Just because the location has been data-mined does not mean it is intended for HoW. It could be early testing for the Comet.

Edit: Also

True, but it has existed in some working fashion since 2013. Early testing was a long time ago. I think it's ready to go now.

RetroMG

Say what?

There is a new glitch that someone found that lets you go into the building just before skywatch, but all that happens in there is two thralls spawn in and out over and over. They don't even have time to attack. You can camp in front of one and kill it over and over. It's handy for some bounties, like Eris' bounty for killing Hive with precision throwing knives.

You could theoretically set up and automatic loot farm with an automatic low recoil weapon like Vision of Confluence, but it would depend on how RNG does with dropping primary ammo. Or you could stand there and melee them if you had an autofire controller.

Or you could just go play the game.

True, but it has existed in some working fashion since 2013. Early testing was a long time ago. I think it's ready to go now.

All I'm asking for is a * with a note that says "*Not confirmed" when passing along that kind of information. I mean, I'm a firm believer in the slide and that we'll get 3 new weapon types for the Comet, but I still try to put a disclaimer up whenever I mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom