• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

a while ago, i started the process of redoing my hunter to change her hair. well, it was mainly to decrypt class engrams to get lower level cloaks.

it only takes 16-20 hours of monotonous grinding to hit 20 on an alt. so you can torture yourself for 2 days and then you'll have a "brand new main".

until you realize you have to redo your vanguard, crucible, factions, cryptarch....

just wait till a fashion vendor shows up in the tower. actually, i wouldn't be surprised if there was one in the reef.

That's a high estimate. You can hit 20 in 8-10 hours without being very efficient. However maybe it takes another 10 hours to max out both subclasses.

Alright, instead of Motes or Coins, you need a Crux of Crota to redo a single character.

That's just cruel.

a while ago, i started the process of redoing my hunter to change her hair. well, it was mainly to decrypt class engrams to get lower level cloaks.

it only takes 16-20 hours of monotonous grinding to hit 20 on an alt. so you can torture yourself for 2 days and then you'll have a "brand new main".

until you realize you have to redo your vanguard, crucible, factions, cryptarch....

just wait till a fashion vendor shows up in the tower. actually, i wouldn't be surprised if there was one in the reef.

i want a female warlock and have thought about doing this but my warlock is my main and has all factions leveled. Don't want to redo all of that

if you're playing the story on i'm-not-a-masochist mode, it takes 20 hours

Campaign plus bounties takes about 8 hours

you also have to redo your subclasses

I ain't got the time nor patience for that shit

i must have done something wrong then because i was at that shit sun up till sun down and it didn't get me to 20.
You are supposed to Pvp until around level 12, then grab bounties while you do the remaining sorry missions on hard for extra xp goodness.

Took 7.5 hours for me to hit 20 on my warlock just today.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
no way i'm going to use white weapons in pvp against felwinter's lie and mythoclast
Nah, don't worry you will do fine. One of the joys of this game is to troll in pvp as a level 5 with a shotgun and handcannon. People get so mad. Even if you do poorly you're gonna get 1800xp or something.

edit: all Male dances suck because it's a dude dancing, who wants to see that? Not into the robot lady either. Favorite dance is Human Female because it's a human female dancing...

You are supposed to Pvp until around level 12, then grab bounties while you do the remaining sorry missions on hard for extra xp goodness.

Took 7.5 hours for me to hit 20 on my warlock just today.

Don't have to do any PvP unless you want to, also don't think it's really any easier or harder to level alts now vs. back at launch. My Hunter took 7.5 hrs to hit 20 back in the day. Just did each story mission on the highest difficulty and Vanguard bounties, maybe a tiny bit of Crucible for the low-hanging bounties. Spread that playtime out over however many days to maximize the easy bounty XP.

I thought it would be pretty obvious, but it's to keep players grinding for rep so they can roll the dice with a faction package.

Practically everything in this game is designed to keep players playing for as long as possible. Carrot, stick, y'know?

You know what's a better carrot than RNG that punishes more than it rewards? Known rewards for reaching a certain rank. Let's say a shader at rank 20, and another one at 50. It would give us a goal instead of disappointment every time we level a faction. Iron Banner is a good example of this. I don't like the crucible but I grind IB every time it's around because I know the gear is guaranteed if I play enough

They just need to make the shaders available for 5 crucible commendations and the ships available for 10.

I honestly don't care what they do as long as I know those rewards are attainable. So tired of getting one shard and one mote of light every time I level a faction. Earning 2500 rep is a lot of work

no way i'm going to use white weapons in pvp against felwinter's lie and mythoclast

I'm sure no matter what you use you'll still destroy everyone in PVP.

i must have done something wrong then because i was at that shit sun up till sun down and it didn't get me to 20.

I think the campaign alone should get you to around level 17. You probably did something wrong if it took 20 hours

You know what's a better carrot than RNG that punishes more than it rewards? Known rewards for reaching a certain rank. Let's say a shader at rank 20, and another one at 50. It would give us a goal instead of disappointment every time we level a faction. Iron Banner is a good example of this. I don't like the crucible but I grind IB every time it's around because I know the gear is guaranteed if I play enough

I'm sure no matter what you use you'll still destroy everyone in PVP.

They just need to make the shaders available for 5 crucible commendations and the ships available for 10.

it's all about the moves.

Not gonna get hot saxxy Gorgon action like this doing that stupid robot beep-boop shuffle, that's for damn sure! lol

KdNnDe.gif

any excuse to repost this gif

i just leveled up new monarchy and my heart skipped a beat when this dropped

6xa7Kjo.jpg

but then i saw the perks

star-trek-mind-blown.gif

WTF IS DOUBLE DOWN Y U NO UNFLINCHING D:

so this means new monarchy isn't going to give me another one...

Deku Tree

Anyone want to help me grind CE Hard Abyss 3x?

I need another Oversoul Edict for some reason.

If you want we can also cheese the bridge,
but I don't personally care about it.

I am not planning to do Crota or anything like that...

I will be doing bounties for a while to level up my Thunderlord and checking this thread to see if people are interested.

Namikaze1

I will be doing bounties for a while to level up my Thunderlord and checking this thread to see if people are interested.
I would be down for it. I can probably get my hunter to 30 in order to get in. I still haven't done CE at all yet on that char.

GRIP

I wouldn't mind helping. Send me an invite if/when you're planning on going.

I'd love to run through the bridge once with my Titan to try and get a chest piece. I can certainly help out with the abyss a few times as well!

Deku Tree

I would be down for it. I can probably get my hunter to 30 in order to get in. I still haven't done CE at all yet on that char.

I wouldn't mind helping. Send me an invite if/when you're planning on going.

I can jump in

I'd love to run through the bridge once with my Titan to try and get a chest piece. I can certainly help out with the abyss a few times as well!

Great! We have five then That's enough to do the cheese the bridge and the abyss for sure. We can start a party chat now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom