• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

keakster

Anyone know if the 'Raiding Party' trophy/achievement can be obtained by just running the final fight? I've read conflicting reports and Bungie's official help page says you need to run a whole Raid

completed solely with 77 Wizard kills only. I didn't even have luxurious nova bombs or magnetic grenades to help out. kids these days with their void primaries!

Haha I did mine with just a void LIGHT/Beware with my Hunter. Actually stopped me playing PvP for like a week (doesn't seem that long now, but at the time I was playing every day) because those setbacks were so damn deflating.

Where's Hunters' third subclass when you need it?

Anyone know if the 'Raiding Party' trophy/achievement can be obtained by just running the final fight? I've read conflicting reports and Bungie's official help page says you need to run a whole Raid
Just killing Atheon, so you could start at the Atheon checkpoint. I want to believe it's the same for killing crota as well.

So what's Xur selling tomorrow according to tge datamine?

XUR STOCK:

March 6th

Helm of Saint 14 (106/114 Int)
Young Ahamkara's Spine (91/98 Dis)
Skull of Dire Ahamkara (94/101 Int)
Icebreaker
Chest Engram
Heavy Ammo

March 13th

No Backup Plans (77/83 Str)
Crest of Alpha Lupi - Hunter (157/169 Str!!!)
Light Beyond Nemesis (108/115 Str)
Universal Remote
Gauntlet Engram
No Heavy Ammo

edit: to avoid spoiling the surprise for anyone

E92 M3

These Xur predictions have ruined the magic of waking up in the morning and checking. Like finding out Santa is not real lol.

Ghazi

These Xur predictions have ruined the magic of waking up in the morning and checking. Like finding out Santa is not real lol.

I HOPE they change it solely for this reason. However, the Destiny community has figured out a way for me to be disappointed in advance by Xur, rather than at 3 in the morning.

He's selling good stuff this week and there's almost nothing he can sell at this point that I actually would buy, so for that reason I hope they didn't decide to change it.

lol spoiler tags for Xur

RetroMG

So the way I'm reading this, Skull of Dire Ahamkara doesn't sound amazing. Am I missing something, or is there a compelling reason to use it over, say, Light Beyond Nemesis or Heart of Praxic Fire?

Either way, I need a Saint-14.

XUR STOCK:

March 6th

Icebreaker
Chest Engram
Heavy Ammo

March 13th

Universal Remote
Gauntlet Engram
No Heavy Ammo

Thank you! :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So the way I'm reading this, Skull of Dire Ahamkara doesn't sound amazing. Am I missing something, or is there a compelling reason to use it over, say, Light Beyond Nemesis or Heart of Praxic Fire?

Either way, I need a Saint-14.
Fashion, but you're not missing anything, it's a fairly ackluster exotic. Quintessence transfer is nice but I feel the sunsinger grenades are much better so you're negating the main perk...

still need it for my collection.

I have found it amusing that even though I am now level 30, I have not plodded through all the story missions. Since everyone helping me has 100s of hours in this game already, bounties, strikes , dailies, and weeklies means rapidly running through each mission - only stopping to fight once or twice before the boss. I have no idea how you get to CE, but I have been through this several times starting at check points. Same with VOG, NF, and Gorgon.😄 This has ruined it for me playing with randoms. I am often so far ahead of the others during ROC strikes that I find that I am then taking on the boss alone. Or I am fighting the boss from a specific point on the map wondering why the randoms are doing what they are doing and just screwing up my game plan. And they aren't wearing mics! Then I hit a mission in a ROC strike with random people that I have never seen before because the group helping me skip all the ROC missions that take 45-minutes. Here I look pathetic.

Have I mentioned how much I love this game!

Cheers
PSN Zyzomys

XUR STOCK:

March 6th

Icebreaker
Chest Engram
Heavy Ammo

March 13th

Universal Remote
Gauntlet Engram
No Heavy Ammo

Any words on what upgrades he will have?

Ghazi

Any words on what upgrades he will have?

Nah, just the stock for the next two weeks and weeklies. Next week's nightfall is
Archon Priest Tri Burn

All said and done, I don't think Bungie will change anything soon. However, I do think they'll take action if this happens every week. The Japanese leaker already said he was going to stop doing it so they wouldn't mess with stuff, but someone else figured out how to do it too.

Nah, just the stock for the next two weeks and weeklies. Next week's nightfall is
Archon Priest Tri Burn

Seems too soon to have that again. Not complaining though. It was super easy and will always be sentimental to me now since it was the Nightfall that RNGesus blessed me with Gjallarhorn.

I have found it amusing that even though I am now level 30, I have not plodded through all the story missions. Since everyone helping me has 100s of hours in this game already, bounties, strikes , dailies, and weeklies means rapidly running through each mission - only stopping to fight once or twice before the boss. I have no idea how you get to CE, but I have been through this several times starting at check points. Same with VOG, NF, and Gorgon.😄 This has ruined it for me playing with randoms. I am often so far ahead of the others during ROC strikes that I find that I am then taking on the boss alone. Or I am fighting the boss from a specific point on the map wondering why the randoms are doing what they are doing and just screwing up my game plan. And they aren't wearing mics! Then I hit a mission in a ROC strike with random people that I have never seen before because the group helping me skip all the ROC missions that take 45-minutes. Here I look pathetic.

Have I mentioned how much I love this game!

Cheers
PSN Zyzomys

I've spent hundreds of hours on this game and I still don't run through strikes and I get annoyed when my friends do it. If I'm not gonna be playing the game then I would rather play something else. It's just a game and not a job.

GhaleonEB

Anyone raiding on ps4? I need to run crota on my hunter,warlock

Same. I'd be interested in a normal VoG run as well. Gonna do the story on my Warlock for now, but I'd love to join a (normal) raid on VoG or CE.

Also, I appreciate the spoiler tags on the leaked Xur stock. Please continue the practice of using it, not everyone likes their presents opened in advance.

I've spent hundreds of hours on this game and I still don't run through strikes and I get annoyed when my friends do it. If I'm not gonna be playing the game then I would rather play something else. It's just a game and not a job.

That is fine and I hold nothing against anyone that likes to go through content methodically, but I have limited time to play so I prefer to be as efficient as possible. I have done every piece of content "legit" numerous times so I don't particularly care if I am blowing through sections the 50th time when my primary goal is completing Bounties or earning Engrams/Marks etc. I am still having "fun" because I am getting the rewards of what I want for time invested.

GhaleonEB

That is fine and I hold nothing against anyone that likes to go through content methodically, but I have limited time to play so I prefer to be as efficient as possible. I have done every piece of content "legit" numerous times so I don't particularly care if I am blowing through sections the 50th time when my primary goal is completing Bounties or earning Engrams/Marks etc. I am still having "fun" because I am getting the rewards of what I want for time invested.

There's nothing wrong with that so long as the people in your fireteam agree / are doing the same. But skipping encounters when other players actually want to play the strikes really sucks; what is convenient for you is indistinguishable from griefing for them (aka, me). I just quit out when people skip encounters; I want to actually play the strikes.

But why get the marks/engrams/rep or whatever other rewards you are tryin to get if you're just gonna run through the game? i just can't do that. If I don't feel like doing a strike, I don't do it. Doesn't matter if I need rep/marks/other rewards.

Not saying you're wrong in how you play, but I just can't do that. To each his/her own

FyreWulff

I like doing both but yes I make sure what my fireteam wants to do before doing it.

Want to run? I'm up for it, but tell me you're gonna do it.

We're gonna exterminate everything and clear all the rooms methodically? Tell me upfront so I know how much time I have.

Same with cheese / no cheese of bosses

join a rando strike and you're the only run skipping everything? 2bad4u, get back here and help us explode things

There's nothing wrong with that so long as the people in your fireteam agree / are doing the same. But skipping encounters when other players actually want to play the strikes really sucks; what is convenient for you is indistinguishable from griefing for them (aka, me). I just quit out when people skip encounters; I want to actually play the strikes.

That is a good point. When I am joining someone else's instance I typically take their lead. The content speeds up just having more people regardless. I usually blow through stuff when I am on my own. The only exception would be random ROC strikes. I guess that could be a bit of a problem for others. Random Matchmaking is the Wild West and I have been on the shitty end of a lot of others behaviors. Not saying I am justified in blowing through it at someone else's expense, but it is a place that it is more "expected" to happen.

But why get the marks/engrams/rep or whatever other rewards you are tryin to get if you're just gonna run through the game? i just can't do that. If I don't feel like doing a strike, I don't do it. Doesn't matter if I need rep/marks/other rewards.

Not saying you're wrong in how you play, but I just can't do that. To each his/her own

After having done all the content numerous times, the only reason to keep running content is for the Loot. The game requires tons of Mats and XP to level up the loot so I am just doing what is most efficient to get there. I have 2 level 32's now and my 3rd is a hair away. Once that character is maxed and a few more weapons, there is little for me to do until House of Wolves releases.

Kaiken

Banned
Camokid with the clutch gorgon checkpoint generosity. Day one grinder and finally Hawkmoon! If anyone needs the gorgon chest let me know, I'd gladly stick around and pay it forward.

I play strikes hard and fast with no apologies. I'm grinding for legendaries and exotics so the number of completions per hour of game time is really important.

I don't mind killing everything though. I prefer the strikes that encourage clearing.

As long as you DPS the damn boss, I'll have no problems. I hate when people don't unleash hell on the strike bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom