• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

FWIW, I've done strikes both ways, speed running them (one guy on our group was actually timing them to see how fast we could go). It was a lot of fun. But it was fun specifically because we were all trying for it.

FWIW, I've done strikes both ways, speed running them (one guy on our group was actually timing them to see how fast we could go). It was a lot of fun. But it was fun specifically because we were all trying for it.
The game is definitely at its best when the fireteam is on the same wavelength. I mostly run strikes with randoms and not surprising, there is a variety of play styles. When all three of us click together, the game jumps up a notch.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I don't understand how Oversoul Edict is putting so much work in for me in PVP. It's impact is ass yet it just keeps on killin'.

shermas

That is a good point. When I am joining someone else's instance I typically take their lead. The content speeds up just having more people regardless. I usually blow through stuff when I am on my own. The only exception would be random ROC strikes. I guess that could be a bit of a problem for others. Random Matchmaking is the Wild West and I have been on the shitty end of a lot of others behaviors. Not saying I am justified in blowing through it at someone else's expense, but it is a place that it is more "expected" to happen.

After having done all the content numerous times, the only reason to keep running content is for the Loot. The game requires tons of Mats and XP to level up the loot so I am just doing what is most efficient to get there. I have 2 level 32's now and my 3rd is a hair away. Once that character is maxed and a few more weapons, there is little for me to do until House of Wolves releases.

The ROC strikes, for me, are an all out race to get to the end... if I'm doing a weekly or daily story with a group, I might follow their lead, but a random ROC strike is go, go, go for me. The first couple times I ran them, I took my time (sort of), but I've done them so many times now, it's almost a battle to see how quickly I can finish them.

shermas

I play strikes hard and fast with no apologies. I'm grinding for legendaries and exotics so the number of completions per hour of game time is really important.

I don't mind killing everything though. I prefer the strikes that encourage clearing.

As long as you DPS the damn boss, I'll have no problems. I hate when people don't unleash hell on the strike bosses.

This, 100%. I randomly ended up with two guys last night and we BLASTED through some ROC strikes in no time. All on the same page, skipping as much as we could, flying around, attacking everything, reviving if/when we had to. It was great. Probably 4 or 5 strikes in 30 minutes (no Omnigul/gal/whatever). Friended them both and hope to play with them again.

There's nothing wrong with that so long as the people in your fireteam agree / are doing the same. But skipping encounters when other players actually want to play the strikes really sucks; what is convenient for you is indistinguishable from griefing for them (aka, me). I just quit out when people skip encounters; I want to actually play the strikes.

Get back to us when you've done them 500 times over and don't have much time to play. I just solo strikes when people quit.
My time is also limited, I just spent almost 22hrs at work today, just got home. If I weren't off tomorrow I would be trying to squeeze in whatever playtime I could right now.

There haven't been any GAF ROC trains in a while, but I remember a few back trying to get sub 10 minutes on everything. Would be fun to try.

The game is definitely at its best when the fireteam is on the same wavelength. I mostly run strikes with randoms and not surprising, there is a variety of play styles. When all three of us click together, the game jumps up a notch.

Usually they suck. It is very uncommon to find someone that gets more kills than I and it is usually not even close, but I did come across one dude who was amazing. Completely outclassed me in Kills and we blew through Undying Mind lightning fast. I don't know how he did it, but it was a sight to behold. Would have run Strikes all day with him if I could.

Camokid with the clutch gorgon checkpoint generosity. Day one grinder and finally Hawkmoon! If anyone needs the gorgon chest let me know, I'd gladly stick around and pay it forward.

Missed this post in all the Strike discussion. Awesome get! Congrats on your Hawkmoon.

There haven't been any GAF ROC trains in a while, but I remember a few back trying to get sub 10 minutes on everything. Would be fun to try.

Usually they suck. It is very uncommon to find someone that gets more kills than I and it is usually not even close, but I did come across one dude who was amazing. Completely outclassed me in Kills and we blew through Undying Mind lightning fast. I don't know how he did it, but it was a sight to behold. Would have run Strikes all day with him if I could.
I love those guys! I'm pretty good at the strikes, know all the enemy spawns and when to fire up bladedancer but every once in a while I'll play with someone who is just another level. I'll turn around and all three minotaur ultras are dead and he (or she) comes over and mops up all my targets. Crazy stuff!

This, 100%. I randomly ended up with two guys last night and we BLASTED through some ROC strikes in no time. All on the same page, skipping as much as we could, flying around, attacking everything, reviving if/when we had to. It was great. Probably 4 or 5 strikes in 30 minutes (no Omnigul/gal/whatever). Friended them both and hope to play with them again.
I love when a good run like that happens.

Times like those make me think raid matchmaking could work...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I play strikes hard and fast with no apologies. I'm grinding for legendaries and exotics so the number of completions per hour of game time is really important.

I don't mind killing everything though. I prefer the strikes that encourage clearing.

As long as you DPS the damn boss, I'll have no problems. I hate when people don't unleash hell on the strike bosses.

I'm all for being efficient, but rushing ahead is FUCKING ANNOYING and just screams showoff to me. What the hell is the rush when you're leaving XP and glimmer on the table. You're not impressing anyone.

I love those guys! I'm pretty good at the strikes, know all the enemy spawns and when to fire up bladedancer but every once in a while I'll play with someone who is just another level. I'll turn around and all three minotaur ultras are dead and he (or she) comes over and mops up all my targets. Crazy stuff!

IIRC, it was someone who knew how to feed Supers off each other. He was popping WoL very often and I fed him with tons of Orbs with my GG. There are so many Yellows on the Undying Mind strike to feed the cycle.

My list of unacquired Exotics is a lot smaller than I thought. Xur could help this week and next if the leak pans out.

Weapons: Suros, Red Death, Necrochasm, Truth
Titan: Innermost Light, Saint 14, Armamentarium, Ruin Wings, Mk 44 Stand Asides
Hunter: Kuncklehead, Crest of Alpha Lupi

shermas

My list of unacquired Exotics is a lot smaller than I thought. Xur could help this week and next if the leak pans out.

Weapons: Suros, Red Death, Necrochasm, Truth
Titan: Innermost Light, Saint 14, Armamentarium, Ruin Wings, Mk 44 Stand Asides
Hunter: Kuncklehead, Crest of Alpha Lupi

This game... I've played about 200 hours and Truth, Innermost Light, No Backup Plans (not sure about the name), Knucklehead (the radar helmet) and Ice Breaker are the ONLY exotics I have. So friggin random.

This game... I've played about 200 hours and Truth, Innermost Light, No Backup Plans (not sure about the name), Knucklehead (the radar helmet) and Ice Breaker are the ONLY exotics I have. So friggin random.

RNG is certainly a factor, but making sure you try to maximize the number of "Exotic rolls" each week helps considerably. Run every Nightfall and the Raid chests/bosses. Having more characters also helps. My rate of Exotic acquisition jumped considerably with each character I have started.

Before TDB launched, I only had 1 high level character. Had 2 RNG Exotics and had purchased maybe 2 or 3 from Xur. Since TDB I've created 2 new characters and have seen a flood of Exotics.

Rehsa

I am missing most armor, but only 5 weapons. I just got a missive for turning in all those Eris bounties to hit lvl 4, which gave me Super Good Advice to add to the collection.

Weapons Missing:
Hard Light
Monte Carlo
Red Death
4th Horseman
Necrochasm

Armor Missing:
Skullfort
St. 14 (until tomorrow)
Knucklehead
Third Man
Alpha Lupi (Titan)
Mk. 44
Ruin Wings
Sunbreakers
Armamentarium
Voidfangs
Both Ahamkara gauntlets

I'm all for being efficient, but rushing ahead is FUCKING ANNOYING and just screams showoff to me. What the hell is the rush when you're leaving XP and glimmer on the table. You're not impressing anyone.

I really don't care about impressing anyone. I would play the exact same way running it solo. I am a bladedancer. I run past things while invisible :)

False sense of security.

That raid matchmaking could work? Probably right.

IIRC, it was someone who knew how to feed Supers off each other. He was popping WoL very often and I fed him with tons of Orbs with my GG. There are so many Yellows on the Undying Mind strike to feed the cycle.

That's a good strategy. I haven't played gunslinger in ages. WoL and GG would be a nice combo, especially when one shot kills are on the menu.

shermas

RNG is certainly a factor, but making sure you try to maximize the number of "Exotic rolls" each week helps considerably. Run every Nightfall and the Raid chests/bosses. Having more characters also helps. My rate of Exotic acquisition jumped considerably with each character I have started.

Before TDB launched, I only had 1 high level character. Had 2 RNG Exotics and had purchased maybe 2 or 3 from Xur. Since TDB I've created 2 new characters and have seen a flood of Exotics.

I only had one character for a while... just got my 2nd toon to 31 last week, so that's helped me pick up coins and chances. I can't raid very much, so I'm kind of stuck doing ROC strikes.

I didn't start playing until January, so I've been hitting it kind of hard the last 2 months.

I let my son use the 3rd character slot (he's still level 6, grinding away)... I've got almost 90 coins now, though, so I can start hitting Xur on the weekends.

Anyone know when the next Iron Banner is scheduled? I haven't put much time into it before, but if I don't have the Raid boots by then I am going to grind it out. Pretty much the only option in my control to get to Level 32 for my Titan.

I only had one character for a while... just got my 2nd toon to 31 last week, so that's helped me pick up coins and chances. I can't raid very much, so I'm kind of stuck doing ROC strikes.

I didn't start playing until January, so I've been hitting it kind of hard the last 2 months.

I let my son use the 3rd character slot (he's still level 6, grinding away)... I've got almost 90 coins now, though, so I can start hitting Xur on the weekends.

That makes sense then. You are just starting to crest the hump where Exotics will come rolling in. Raids will help a lot, but even without. Xur should be a very good source for the short term.

Anyone know when the next Iron Banner is scheduled? I haven't put much time into it before, but if I don't have the Raid boots by then I am going to grind it out. Pretty much the only option in my control to get to Level 32 for my Titan.

You'll get them next reset. BELIEVE!

I'm still missing chest piece for my warlock. :/

shermas

That makes sense then. You are just starting to crest the hump where Exotics will come rolling in. Raids will help a lot, but even without. Xur should be a very good source for the short term.

My Nfall runs have been shards, shards, shards, coins and Truth. Love the weeklies for the coins. Did I mention Nfall shards?

And the social part of the VoG has been cool, too... met some funny people on there and, while I'm no veteran or stud, my weapons are good enough and I know enough to do fine and enjoy the raid.

Bah ran crota normal with the worst group ever.
Everyone had all there friends,family,acquaintances join in at all the check points which slowed things down.
we finally made it to crota and I ran sword and we couldn't get enough DPS to even kneel crota.

My reaction after rockets hit crota and he doesn't kneel
i39c6SrrVuhoq.gif

Edit if anyone wants to run crota normal I have a check point

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Because there are far more efficient ways to farm both. I assume most people do strikes because they want the engram rolls at the end or the marks, so you want to just do as many as you can and not waste time on the mobs.

To be honest I only play ROC for the Scorpio Miracle Ship so I skip everything else

You'll get them next reset. BELIEVE!

I'm still missing chest piece for my warlock. :/

Still want the Raid boots for sure. The increase to Heavy Ammo carry capacity is a must have perk, but I would be content with Iron Banner boots to hold me over at level 32 until the Raid sees fit to bestow them upon me.

I was missing the Warlock chest piece for a long time too. Was level 32 for over a month before it dropped. Still need to max it out but Shards are tight.

Yeah, the drop rate of rad energies is way more than rad shards. All hm dismantles also lead to energies.

Wish there was a better way to get rad shards. 500 glimmer and wax idol exchange is a lot of grinding.

I've got 200 rad energies I don't need. That's 200 wax idols and 100k glimmer :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, the drop rate of rad energies is way more than rad shards. All hm dismantles also lead to energies.

Wish there was a better way to get rad shards. 500 glimmer and wax idol exchange is a lot of grinding.

I've got 200 rad energies I don't need. That's 200 wax idols and 100k glimmer :(
Glimmer farming time. lol

I don't know how many Energies I have exchanged, but it is a lot. My shard income has gone up now that I have 3 characters, but I don't always have time to raid all 3 each week. Probably about 2 weeks away from earning enough to upgrade all raid gear.

Skull of Dire Ahamkara from Xur would be awesome. I would need only 1 weapon then to complete my collection.

Got skull from legendary engram few days ago :)

Sucks that you still don't have the horn.

It's a race between you and unknown, who will get the horn first.
or never :/

I never knew you could get the armour from a HM run except for the helm. Might have to give my Titan a go in this case.

Armor is normal drop. He got armor because he ran hm straight away, without having done normal previously. But you can't get all armor pieces in one run, because boots and chest are both bridge drops, so you can only get one at a time.

My bad I think either the chest or the boots dropped from a normal bridge run that I didn't realize before we started HM. Just checked after beating crota that I had everything in there.

Either way getting everything in one and a quarter run was still worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom