• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

It amazes me how you guys have so many SCs to buy all this stuff.
Do you have alts?
Was a bit late with the alt part, compared to some other regulars here, but once you're able to run the weeklies 3 times a week, you'll be drowning in coins.
Especially seeing as you get less and less use for them as you're progressing into your exotics collection...

Do you have alts?
Was a bit late with the alt part, compared to some other regulars here, but once you're able to run the weeklies 3 times a week, you'll be drowning in coins.
Especially seeing as you get less and less use for them as you're progressing into your exotics collection...

pretty much

i still try and get 27 per week cuz a) its something to do and b) you never know what bungie is gonna do with their economy in the future

I guess Helm of Saint 14 and Heavy Synth are the only thing I get this week. My Skull of Dire Ahamkara has 2 more Int than the one Xur is selling, so I feel slightly special about that. Too bad it didn't have a better roll and I would have bought it.

Edit: Yes, Shotgun Telemetry. Buying a bunch of that. The one Telemetry I had no use for until this patch.

FyreWulff

I wonder how Bungie rationalizes this leak with Xur and how they respond now. They have not commented on it publicly. Surely they know about it but have done nothing to Xur to change it.

I bet the "Xur is RNG", just means that the future tables were prebuilt long ago based on RNG. So it is now Set. They do have some power to change it if they feel like it.

Historically Bungie only 'cared' about datamining future content because Microsoft forced them to care about it.

If people don't remember, they were put into a situation where they added DLC achievements for Halo 3 maps, patched them into the game, and then since MS delayed those DLC maps, Bungie had to pretend that achievements everyone could see in the game's achievement listing didn't exist on all of their official sites and post.

Destiny is a different game than Halo in both their control of the game and how content is built, for sure. They have no more reason to hide content out of a build, it's a waste of time versus a one and done release like the Halo games.

Do you have alts?

Nope, just one main. Will have to create alts for that.

Shito

Nope, just one main. Will have to create alts for that.
Yeah, that explains that. ^^
If you want an easier time / better motivation for starting an alt, just wait for the game to give 2 or 3 legendary armors for another class than yours. That way you'll spare yourself the boring 20~30 part.

CLBridges

Bought some heavy ammo packs and that's it for me, thought about buying an extra Icebreaker but I'm trying to just have one of each weapon and that's it.

Skele7on

Banned
buying helm and heavy synths for WEEEEKS....

disappointing Xur week for me, but I'm sure others will be over the moon.

I am deleting one hunter toady to make a Titan, may as well try them out now I have nothing to get for my hunter....

I also have enough legendary and exotics to get to 31 already...

I will eventually make a warlock, but I hate their jump so I doubt that'll be anytime soon.
But again I have everything I need to get a warlock to 31 with ease.

Probably end up with two hunters and a titan.

Shito

I am deleting one hunter toady to make a Titan, may as well try them out now I have nothing to get for my hunter....

I will eventually make a warlock, but I hate their jump so I doubt that'll be anytime soon.

I find the best way to play this game is having a character of each class.
That way, as soon as something broken is discovered on one of them, or a nice cheese, or an advantage for a specific role in an upcoming raid, you're not locked out from it. :3

noomi

No Red Death upgrade?

Xur plz

Have 70 coins. Come on Bungie, I need my Red Death upgraded!

:| Was hoping for upgrade too, he hasn't had it for... a few months now, right? He has the gjallahorn upgrade every damn week..... where is the red death upgrade already? They probably took it off the loot table or something :(

Bought one shotgun telemetry... didn't even need heavy ammo since every character has about 80 left....

474 coins with no purpose :(

Shito

They like to rub it in the face of those who don't have one.
cflBMJ8.gif

The horn upgrade is the girl, I'm the blonde guy.
That's pretty much exactly my reaction to it after soooo many weeks of the same thing.

Just create one of each and get it over with. Warlocks aren't that bad

Especially since you have your warlock armor already

I don't really see how it's annoying to be honest. We've all done these strikes more times than we can count, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by skipping past a few enemy encounters. And a minuscule amount of XP and glimmer from them isn't all that worthwhile.

In a game where a Gjallarhorn can drop from the weakest of enemies like thralls I suggest killing everything

Shito

In a game where a Gjallarhorn can drop from the weakest of enemies like thralls I suggest killing everything
You have WAY more chances to loot a purple engram from completing a ROC strike than from killing 1354651321 ennemies, though.
Last time I've had one pop out of an enemy for me was something like 2 or 3 weeks ago. In the meantime, I've probably had more than 10 of them from completing a weekly / a ROC strike.
I'd say that for exotic farming, speedrunning ROC strikes is the most efficient way. ^^

TheOddOne

It amazes me how you guys have so many SCs to buy all this stuff.

Do you have alts?
What Shinto said.

Also got 13 strange coins from Nightfall. Yeah.

_Legacy_

:| Was hoping for upgrade too, he hasn't had it for... a few months now, right? He has the gjallahorn upgrade every damn week..... where is the red death upgrade already? They probably took it off the loot table or something :(

Bought one shotgun telemetry... didn't even need heavy ammo since every character has about 80 left....

474 coins with no purpose :(

To be fair, even if you did get the Red Death upgrade, you would still have 474 coins with no purpose!

On a side note, I'm loving Red Death in PVP, I haven't even reached the second perk yet but it feels so good.

does anyone else make sure to buy exotic engrams and turn them in with the class that you're hoping for an exotic for?

I'm probably being overly superstitious but i was hoping for armamentarium and got it first try.. made sure to buy it and turn it in with my titan

i get legendaries for other classes in roc strikes all the time

Shito

Megaman is back with the leaks: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/
He's confirming the previous leak of an all burn Archon Priest next week, and he says thay Xur will sell Ruin Wings, Obsidian Mind, MIDA and Dragon's Breath in the near future. Separately.
There's also a mention of an Inferno Skirmish mode for the 21st of April.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am still working on my alts (Titan and Warlock). I have Obsidian mind and two exotic chests for my Warlock, but I only have one exotic chest for my Titan. Which of the two helms should I buy?

Shito

I am still working on my alts (Titan and Warlock). I have Obsidian mind and two exotic chests for my Warlock, but I only have one exotic chest for my Titan. Which of the two helms should I buy?
Saint 14 is way more useful than the Skull.
It's ugly, but it's a really good exotic.
Plus, you already have the best Warlock helm. :)

blazeuk

Helm of Saint-14 has a better roll than the one I have (94 vs 114?) but I really can't be bothered levelling another one up again. Picked up Ahamkara's Spine and an engram gave me Crest of Alpha Lupi for my hunter which I didn't have.

I am more than likely wrong but I don't think xur has sold either before but you do have the best warlock helm already

Will buy the warlock skull, never had that.
After that I'm only missing the titan legs for complete armour collection, but I passed them up when they were on sale last, guess I didn't want them Lol.

Need red death, Monte Carlo and hard light to complete guns.

Top of page post, wasn't prepared for that and break has finished...

Shito

Would be fun to see that just like Xur Bungie can manually change the nightfall / weekly, and get Omnigul next week.
Well, not fun fun, but you get my point. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom