• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Spent the last two hours upgrading a Husk to Eidolon Ally to Necrochasm and fully maxing out a just upgraded Gjallarhorn (upgraded my OG 300 Gjallarhorn today)

And with the skull, I finally caught 'em all!

I should do that with my second crux but can't be bothered for all of the steps. I like how the Crux looks like in the vault, too.

Xur sold HoPF and ST 14 right after each other. This is perfect. Going to pick it up. Only things I need left in Destiny are Mida, SGA, and Red Death upgrade.

Namikaze1

With that in mind, weapon space is more precious than inventory space.
Each of my guardians has at least 200 of planetary mats on them since I don't want to bother using the website to transfer stuff. For weapons, I already have the weapons I want. I dismantle every legendary I get unless they have good perks.

Does Xur have saint 14 today? Www.xurday.com isn't working for me and im still in bed. I have the helm, just curious if that dude called it right.
Yes

So Xur is selling the Mida next week, this is amazing but I will be out of the country until Saturday night next week and I have to remember to log on moment I get back to pick up the Mida

nOoblet16

A question...has Megaman given any explanation of sorts over why Xur's inventory prediction for next week is now different from what was predicted just a couple of days ago (Mida instead of Universal Remote, Obsidian Mind instead of Light Beyond Nemesis and Chest engram instead of Gaubtlet engram)

123rl

So glad I finally got the Icebreaker. I can see why it's so well regarded. I'm a little sad to have to retire Plan C but I think it's the right choice.

Shito

A question...has Megaman given any explanation of sorts over why Xur's inventory prediction for next week is now different from what was predicted just a couple of days ago (Mida instead of Universal Remote, Obsidian Mind instead of Light Beyond Nemesis and Chest engram instead of Gaubtlet engram)

So Xur is selling the Mida next week, this is amazing but I will be out of the country until Saturday night next week and I have to remember to log on moment I get back to pick up the Mida
No, megaman has been quite confusing with his new way of presenting things, but it seems like this picture is NOT next week's Xur. He's just listing the items that Xur will be selling in the coming weeks, separately.
This is what the other leaker had for next week:

March 13th

No Backup Plans (77/83 Str)
Crest of Alpha Lupi - Hunter (157/169 Str!!!)
Light Beyond Nemesis (108/115 Str)
Universal Remote
Gauntlet Engram
No Heavy Ammo

Maybe Bungie changed it? If he sells OM, I'll die happy.

No, megaman has been quite confusing with his new way of presenting things, but it seems like this picture is NOT next week's Xur. He's just listing the items that Xur will be selling in the coming weeks, separately.
This is what the other leaker had for next week:

Well I guess I will have to wait longer for my Mida but that is good then, I won't be rushing from an airport worrying about getting to Xur next week.

SAiLO

"We updated Destiny. We will update Destiny again in the future."

"We will tell you about future updates in the future."

"Here's a dumb metaphor. We updated Destiny. We will update Destiny again in the future."

"I just love reading my own words. Listening to my voice. Sniffing my farts."

"We will update Destiny again in the future. Before the release of HoW."

"We will tell you about future updates in the future."

"We will tell you about future updates in the future. Next one will be version 1.1.2."

"I haven't told you shit today. We will tell you about future updates in the future. Time for a break, because I'm sure doing hard work here."

362 words.

Spot on. What a shit update. Could have done it in three sentences.

Spent the last two hours upgrading a Husk to Eidolon Ally to Necrochasm and fully maxing out a just upgraded Gjallarhorn (upgraded my OG 300 Gjallarhorn today)

And with the skull, I finally caught 'em all!

Thought you had like 5 or 6 horns drop, why would you still have an old one to upgrade?

Lothars

Thanks guys!

Wondering if I should wait until next week to get anything. After the weeklies and more strikes, I should have enough coins for that MIDA and Obsidian Mind. I really would like a good scout rifle.

Are those leaks usually accurate?
I wouldn't wait and I would pick up Icebreaker, it's one of the most life changing exotics in the game.

Mida is a good scout rifle but I carry Icebreaker with me constantly.

_Legacy_

So you're saying there's a chance he could actually have the red death upgrade next week! Woo :p

I wish I knew what telemetries he is going to have, I'm dieing for some pulse rifle telemetry for my bad juju

I need some of that pulse rifle telemetry as well

border

Mida is a good scout rifle but I carry Icebreaker with me constantly.

Is IceBreaker really worth giving up an exotic slot for?

I usually just carry around a max'ed out sniper, and switch to IB if I run out of ammo or I'm in a situation where I know I won't get any ammo drops (Oracles cheese, bridge cheese).

E92 M3

I usually just carry around a max'ed out sniper, and switch to IB if I run out of ammo or I'm in a situation where I know I won't get any ammo drops (Oracles cheese, bridge cheese).

I only use IB occasionally now, but for some it's always equipped. Personally, prefer the Black Hammer or a shotgun these days. The exotic slot can be used for many other things these days. For solar burn, IB is amazing.

nOoblet16

No it isn't. Blackhammer is a superior sniper rifle with higher damage and lower recoil. The only sniper rifle with comparable impact to Blackhammer is Patience and Time. Ice Breaker is more of a utility sniper rifle used for heavy ammo exploit, when you have juggler on, when you have to shoot from a spot far away with no ammo drops (ala templar fight from top, many of the nightfall bosses).

Shito

Icebreaker is a "quality of life" exotic.
You don't need it equipped at all time, but you're more often than not happy to have it available for you to refill another special weapon / cheese some boss.
MIDA is useful for the Abyss, and it's got a high enough stopping power to stunlock most of the enemies in the game, but I find it's impact value to be on the low side, and I prefer some other legendary scout rifles that can kill in less shots than it.

dB Viper

I spend me some coiiiin today!

Bought all three armor pieces (super pumped for Saint 14). Other two for collection purposes. I'll level them on my WL and Hunter, but mainly just to have.

Also reloaded on Heavy Ammo.

Great Xur Day!

LiK

Thought you had like 5 or 6 horns drop, why would you still have an old one to upgrade?

vaas___insanity__far_cry_3__by_aeroxhd-d5rheoq.png

Namikaze1

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's considered the best exotic armor for a striker Titan? I'm debating between keeping my Helm of UL or trying for the chest piece.
The boots if you want to be one of those shoulder charge shotgun guys.

No it isn't. Blackhammer is a superior sniper rifle with higher damage and lower recoil. The only sniper rifle with comparable impact to Blackhammer is Patience and Time. Ice Breaker is more of a utility sniper rifle used for heavy ammo exploit, when you have juggler on, when you have to shoot from a spot far away with no ammo drops (ala templar fight from top, many of the nightfall bosses).
In like most cases, the only other exotic for PVE worth using is Gjallarhorn. The Blackhammer isn't even useful in the raid because they haven't fixed the White Nail proc problem.

Bleh.

Played 5 Clash games last night.

AKA

Went on a 5 match "On the Bright Side" streak last night.

I did get my strike grimoir finished though, so 2905 is mine.

Where you at @LordofPwn

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Saint 14s for everyone! A new generation of field commanders is born. Psyched to buy the Skull and complete my collection of armor.

The Necrochasm is all that remains. Granted I don't even have a Husk of the Pit yet.

border

What are the top 5 scout rifles currently in the game?

I had a Saterienne Rapier drop with Firefly/Luck in the Chamber/Flared Magwell.....but there's gotta be something better out there.

Manp

patience and time has less impact than ice breaker... it's not even close to be comparable to black hammer.

nOoblet16

The boots if you want to be one of those shoulder charge shotgun guys.

In like most cases, the only other exotic for PVE worth using is Gjallarhorn. The Blackhammer isn't even useful in the raid because they haven't fixed the White Nail proc problem.
I disagree because even without the white nail perk the blackhammer does more damage than other sniper rifles also it works amazingly well on knights, ogres and swordbearer because it can stun lock all of them (Ogres a little less) and it's very easy to keep on hitting them again and again until they die or are low on health so that other can make orbs. The only other enemies apart from these are acolytes, thralls and wizards, thr first two of which can be taken down with primary and wizards still die quickly from Blackhammer. It's still the quickest way to take down those enemies bar Ghorn imo. Ogres in HM don't stun after every shot though but they will stun after evey three (or maybe it was just the lag that causes me to think so).

In short Blackhammer is my single most used weapon in the game and even in CE both in HM and NM as I never change it, unless I am cheesing the bridge section and have to shoot alone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So glad I finally got the Icebreaker. I can see why it's so well regarded. I'm a little sad to have to retire Plan C but I think it's the right choice.
You don't have to do that :p Don't commit to any one exotic perpetually, just use what the situation calls for. They are both phenomenal.
Yo Hawkian (and the others), thanks again for that VoG run last night! ... Was pretty sweet :)
You got it! Grats again :)

nOoblet16

patience and time has less impact than ice breaker... it's not even close to be comparable to black hammer.
Well I was wrong them because that's what I was told. I don't have Patience and Time myself. I think LDR has similar impact to icebreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom