• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

123rl

Great haul this week. I finally got an Icebreaker and Helm14 will be used from now on. I have only just started levelling up my Defender class so I will use this for the foreseeable future.

noomi

I plan on deleting one of my hunters and rolling a titan after obtaining the ever elusive hawkmoon. I should probably get the saint 14 helm now....

Great haul this week. I finally got an Icebreaker and Helm14 will be used from now on. I have only just started levelling up my Defender class so I will use this for the foreseeable future.

Very good haul. Curious, how did you not pick up Ice Breaker from a previous week?

I plan on deleting one of my hunters and rolling a titan after obtaining the ever elusive hawkmoon. I should probably get the saint 14 helm now....

Yeah, get all the Titan gear you can. I regret not starting buying it earlier. I love the Titan class, probably my favorite now.

_Legacy_

Is the Vanguard Quartermaster Sniper worth a purchase? Arc damage, Unflinching, Clown Cartridge doesn't look too bad....

My only Arc sniper is Patience and Time, feel like I should get another.

Believe the hype! I think Helm of Saint 14 may have been my first exotic armour piece and boy howdy have I been missing it since TDB (I could have worn it but 36 light vs 30). It's just so good for those 'woops what have I gotten myself into' moments, pop the bubble and then punch, punch, punch your way to happiness

Is the Vanguard Quartermaster Sniper worth a purchase? Arc damage, Unflinching, Clown Cartridge doesn't look too bad....

My only Arc sniper is Patience and Time, feel like I should get another.

The LDR is fantastic. Hits really hard. It's a shame its Armor Piercing perk has been nerfed though.

E92 M3

Ice Breaker is the new sliced bread of Destiny. These leaks really do take the fun out of things. Oh well. Bought more heavy ammo before work.

Rubenov

Went against a team of 3 Titans in Salvage, all placing their bubbles at the same time around the probe.... impossible to beat since even when suppering their bubble they were able to put it back up immediately.

Ambitious

This week at Bungie, we shifted our gaze to what’s next for Destiny.

After a lot of looking forward, Update 1.1.1 has become a reality – a version number in the lower left corner of your login screen. We hope you’re enjoying the latest and greatest. Of course, we’re not done. We have something new to look forward to.

"We updated Destiny. We will update Destiny again in the future."

There’s always another evolution in the pipeline, and just like the last update, we plan on unpacking the next one in detail before you download any of it to your drive.

"We will tell you about future updates in the future."

Imagine if you will that Updates to Destiny are like the Guardians landing in the Tower. As one swoops in and descends below the deck, the next is already in orbit, on approach, just waiting for clearance to land their ship. Now that 1.1.1 has been tucked in below decks, we can line up the next “release candidate” for final approach.

"Here's a dumb metaphor. We updated Destiny. We will update Destiny again in the future."

Don’t get too anxious, now. Traveling through hyperspace ain’t like dusting crops. Without precise calculations, we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova. That'd end our trip real quick…

"I just love reading my own words. Listening to my voice. Sniffing my farts."

We’re still weeks away.

But, before the House of Wolves begins its own descent through the stratosphere with precious cargo in tow, you can expect another Destiny Update to come in for a landing.

"We will update Destiny again in the future. Before the release of HoW."

“What’s in the box!?” you demand. The work of an air-traffic controller is never done.

I’m going to monitor their flight plan for one more week. Now’s not the time to put an ETA on arrivals. Right this minute, the best I can do is to make promises about future information.

“Awwww, man! Are these updates about to become useless again?”

I’m pretty confident that the weeks to come will play host to a very interesting conversation.

We’ll start rolling out exactly what’s being loaded up for 1.1.2

"We will tell you about future updates in the future. Next one will be version 1.1.2."

This week exists in a space between updates… an update within a series of updates. Even an air-traffic controller gets a coffee break. Watch the skies, because we have more birds inbound for you to enjoy.

"I haven't told you shit today. We will tell you about future updates in the future. Time for a break, because I'm sure doing hard work here."

362 words.

Deku Tree

"We updated Destiny. We will update Destiny again in the future."

"Here's a dumb metaphor. We updated Destiny. We will update Destiny again in the future."

"I just love reading my own words. Listening to my voice. Sniffing my farts."

"We will update Destiny again in the future. Before the release of HoW."

"We will tell you about future updates in the future. Next one will be version 1.1.2."

"I haven't told you shit today. We will tell you about future updates in the future. Time for a break, because I'm sure doing hard work here."

362 words.

Lolz. Deej is the master of mystery!

So Deej is going to tease an April update with one new drip of info each week? Then after that update Deej will start teasing HoW with a similar drips of weekly info?

Namikaze1

Sorry, Rubenov, Drizzay, and others but I don't have much time. I just have half an hour before I have to leave. I'm trying to finish what few bounties I have before then. Currently stuck waiting for a public event.

TheOddOne

^^ lol

So on point

Edit: @ambitious
I was late, again?

Here is a gif to make up for it:

wow97u10.gif

123rl

Very good haul. Curious, how did you not pick up Ice Breaker from a previous week?

Extreme bad luck and nothing else. One time it showed up when I had 10 SC. I played the game for 25 hours that weekend and didn't get a single SC. The following Monday, I got 5 within an hour. Rage.

Believe the hype! I think Helm of Saint 14 may have been my first exotic armour piece and boy howdy have I been missing it since TDB (I could have worn it but 36 light vs 30). It's just so good for those 'woops what have I gotten myself into' moments, pop the bubble and then punch, punch, punch your way to happiness

I have a friend who showed this to me. It's a brutal combination. Jump into a group of enemies, launch the bubble and melee everybody. On the Omnigul Strike, at the beginning with the rush of Fallen, he launched a bubble and every enemy was blinded. I threw a grenade and I've never seen the screen fill with so many damage numbers

Jaeyden

^ 100% yes.

Also has Armor piercing

After the nerf, I'd rather have just about anything else. AP feels like a wasted perk now because it doesn't do shit. Really wish they would have mentioned the change before iron banner ended so I could have re-rolled my Spear's.

nikos

So it's my first time purchasing from Xur but I'm not sure what to get. I was told to buy the Ice Breaker but also need a Warlock helmet. I only have 25 coins, so I'm five short of getting both.

I see that Obsidian Mind is rumored for next week. Should I get the Ice Breaker and wait for that? It looks better than Skull of Dire Ahamkara. On the other hand, the skull would help level me up. If Obsidian Mind isn't there next week, the leveling process will just take longer.

Here's a link to my character: https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018429326770/2305843009218189873#gear

Thanks!

EDIT: If that list is accurate, I think I'd prefer the MIDA over Ice Breaker. Maybe I shouldn't get anything this week.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
Time for me to level up my Titan to 20. I haven't played her in about a month. Grinding is so boring tho. I already have full leg gear and that exotic helm I just bought should get me to 28.

What's the quickest way to 20? I'm assuming story + bounties?

So it's my first time purchasing from Xur but I'm not sure what to get. I was told to buy the Ice Breaker but also need a Warlock helmet. I only have 25 coins, so I'm five short of getting both.

I see that Obsidian Mind is rumored for next week. Should I get the Ice Breaker and wait for that? It looks better than Skull of Dire Ahamkara. On the other hand, the skull would help level me up. If Obsidian Mind isn't there next week, the leveling process will just take longer.

Here's a link to my character: https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018429326770/2305843009218189873#gear

Thanks!

Obsidian definitely better than skull. Get ice breaker for now. Do ROC strikes, blue engrams can turn into coins. You have 2 days to get 5 coins, it's not hard. Faction and cryptarch level up can also give coins, also there is a golden chest on mars that has 1 strange coin.

Mida will cost you 23 coins. Get ice breaker.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member

Thanks!

EDIT: If that list is accurate, I think I'd prefer the MIDA over Ice Breaker. Maybe I shouldn't get anything this week.

Do ROC strikes and you should be able to get 5 in time.

nikos

Obsidian definitely better than skull. Get ice breaker for now. Do ROC strikes, blue engrams can turn into coins. You have 2 days to get 5 coins, it's not hard. Faction and cryptarch level up can also give coins, also there is a golden chest on mars that has 1 strange coin.

Mida will cost you 23 coins. Get ice breaker.

Do ROC strikes and you should be able to get 5 in time.

Thanks guys!

Wondering if I should wait until next week to get anything. After the weeklies and more strikes, I should have enough coins for that MIDA and Obsidian Mind. I really would like a good scout rifle.

Are those leaks usually accurate?

Shito

Guys: megaman's leak is not next week's listing (as should be obvious by the fact that he lists two weapons), but a list of the things Xur will stock in the future weeks.
Separatly.
We still don't know if Ruin Wings, Obsidian, or MIDA are planned for next week.
He's just saying these are in Xur's next weeks calendar. :)

Deku Tree

Guys: megaman's leak is not next week's listing (as should be obvious by the fact that he lists two weapons), but a list of the things Xur will stock in the future weeks.
Separatly.

He also posted a picture.

TheOddOne

Separatly.
Yeah, after re-reading that I also got that impression.

noomi

Separatly.

So you're saying there's a chance he could actually have the red death upgrade next week! Woo :p

I wish I knew what telemetries he is going to have, I'm dieing for some pulse rifle telemetry for my bad juju.

Welp, finally picked up The Dark Below last night. Anyone need a 6th man for a normal CE run? Never played it before so I might be a little slow to catch-up. Would love to try it out tonight if a group is willing!

KxoZz

Crucible Grimoire is glitched for me somehow. Got 2500 Kills as Hunter and 5000 Warlocks kills finished today and both aren't giving me the extra score. Has anyone else had this?

Manp

Thanks!

GET THE FUCKING ICEBREAKER YOU FOOL!

sorry. seriously, get it :)

Namikaze1

Spent the last two hours upgrading a Husk to Eidolon Ally to Necrochasm and fully maxing out a just upgraded Gjallarhorn (upgraded my OG 300 Gjallarhorn today)

And with the skull, I finally caught 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom