• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the top 5 scout rifles currently in the game?

I had a Saterienne Rapier drop with Firefly/Luck in the Chamber/Flared Magwell.....but there's gotta be something better out there.
I ready like the B-line Trauma. Really fast rate of fire. Mine has grenadier and final round, which are alright.

Another NITC is pretty good. With a good perk roll, it would probably be better than most.

I love the MIDA - its hidden stagger perk is amazing.

I think anything with firefly is worth using.

Manp

Well I was wrong them because that's what I was told. I don't have Patience and Time myself. I think LDR has slightly comparable damage to icebreaker.

LDR has slightly less impact than IB, same impact with armor piercing rounds equipped.
Black Hammer has the same impact as Efrideet's Spear, they're the two highest impact snipers in the game. at least according to the in game popup, if you check sites like destinydb Black Hammer is reported to have something like 3 times IB's impact which is not what the in game bar representing impact is telling.

nOoblet16

I had a Saterienne Rapier drop with Firefly/Luck in the Chamber/Flared Magwell.....but there's gotta be something better out there.
Default Ghaleon's Demise from Iron Banner is amazing, it'd be even better with a perk that increases fire rate. But even without that it's probably the best due to almost Hand Canon level of impact, firefly and outlaw. The gun itself is quite boring to play with because it looks bland and has a bland scope.

I like Mida too because it's very snappy, feels, sounds and looks great but it's just good... nothing exceptional outside of the added agility.

Lothars

No it isn't. Blackhammer is a superior sniper rifle with higher damage and lower recoil. The only sniper rifle with comparable impact to Blackhammer is Patience and Time. Ice Breaker is more of a utility sniper rifle used for heavy ammo exploit, when you have juggler on, when you have to shoot from a spot far away with no ammo drops (ala templar fight from top, many of the nightfall bosses).
Blackhammer is a situational sniper more than anything, great for strikes and certain bosses, both have their purpose but Ice breaker is nothing to discount even just for the regenerating ammo. I'd recommend to have both if you can but I feel Ice breaker has more use than Blackhammer.

Well I was wrong them because that's what I was told. I don't have Patience and Time myself. I think LDR has similar impact to icebreaker.
The best thing going for P&T is the stability and temporary invisibility. LDR has better impact than P&T and, depending on the roll, you can get comparable stability with one, too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

That's pretty good, the vendor one has Firefly and Outlaw but honestly Flared Magwell does the job just fine. Gheleon's Demise with a similar perk roll is a different kind of gun but certainly no worse, and in my opinion is preferable. A Badger CCL with Firefly is harder to come by but represents a nice balance between the two. The MIDA Multi-Tool has a unique set of utilities and can basically own everything with its stagger unless Angry is on, but it takes an exotic slot of course.

Vision of Confluence remains one of the best guns in the game and some people really care about full auto. Fang of Ir Yut is top tier as well and an Arc scout has enormous applications. Shout out to Crusader I at New Monarchy and The Calling at FWC, but of course you're at the mercy of perks.

I personally prefer the slower RoF guns so that has influenced my choices to an extent

I personally adore he Badger CCL with the Firefly perk and the other one which gives one round bonus damage. Wish it was auto like VoC, but the damage output is pretty dang good. I haven't tried many others. Agreed with Hawkian, though, The Calling was my first legendary scout rifle. Really good stuff until I got Badger.

Default Ghaleon's Demise from Iron Banner is amazing, it'd be even better with a oerk that increases fire rate. But even without that it's probably the best due to almost Hand Canon level of impact, firefly and outlaw.

Badger has the same impact rating as well. So if you're into high-impact weapons, Badger is a good one too. I was lucky enough to get one with firefly and luck in the chamber. It's a beast.

I personally prefer the slower RoF guns so that has influenced my choices to an extent
Why is that? I've got a Badger CCL with Final Round, Armor Piercing, and Firefly, but the big drawback is the slow, measured rate of fire. MIDA has spoiled me, I prefer to be able to shoot whenever I pull the (hair) trigger.

Shito

Why is that? I've got a Badger CCL with Final Round, Armor Piercing, and Firefly, but the big drawback is the slow, measured rate of fire. MIDA has spoiled me, I prefer to be able to shoot whenever I pull the (hair) trigger.
I love the Badger, and I'm also in the "low RoF, high Impact" camp.
I prefer to be able to one shot my enemies rather than having to press the trigger twice. The RoF only matters on enemies with a lot of life, and you usually don't use your primary against those.
I consider scout rifles to be mini-snipers, thus I'm playing them with the "one shot to the head and you're dead" mentality. ^^

I love the Badger, and I'm also in the "low RoF, high Impact" camp.
I prefer to be able to one shot my enemies rather than having to press the trigger twice. The RoF only matters on enemies with a lot of life, and you usually don't use your primary against those.
I consider scout rifles to be mini-snipers, thus I'm playing them with the "one shot to the head and you're dead" mentality. ^^
Yeah, now that shotguns are so viable (and fun!) to use now, I should just rock those in the secondary slot when using a Scout.

Shito

Yeah, now that shotguns are so viable (and fun!) to use now, I should just rock those in the secondary slot when using a Scout.
Now that shotguns are fun to use, I rock a Universal Remote in my primary slot. :D
Will probably switch back to my beloved scout rifles once the novelty has worn off, though -- I always seem to come back to scout rifles and Hawkmoon.

Managed to max out my Universal Remote last night and it post-patch has completely changed how I play this game. I used to sit at a distance with my Vision of Confluence and headshot the night away, now I run about like a kid who's been given a share bag of skittles banging off every target around. Either I kill them or my erratic wobbling forces them out from cover for the team (especially handy for the Flayers strike).

It's completely changed my opinion of the two TDB strikes also, Mars Vex thing is far less annoying when it doesn't take 20 minutes to get up the stair case of yellow bastards and even Omnigul can be fun when you have a co-ordinated strike team. NF mode is still misery for Omnigul but I'm not auto-quitting as much any more when it comes up in a ROC playlist and will continue even as a two man strike.

In short I think I might like the last patch almost as much as I loved the 'buy planet mats for V-Marks' one (which terrifies me as the 'other shoe' with that patch was the exotic reset).

noomi

Managed to max out my Universal Remote last night and it post-patch has completely changed how I play this game. I used to sit at a distance with my Vision of Confluence and headshot the night away, now I run about like a kid who's been given a share bag of skittles banging off every target around. Either I kill them or my erratic wobbling forces them out from cover for the team (especially handy for the Flayers strike).

It's completely changed my opinion of the two TDB strikes also, Mars Vex thing is far less annoying when it doesn't take 20 minutes to get up the stair case of yellow bastards and even Omnigul can be fun when you have a co-ordinated strike team. NF mode is still misery for Omnigul but I'm not auto-quitting as much any more when it comes up in a ROC playlist and will continue even as a two man strike.

In short I think I might like the last patch almost as much as I loved the 'buy planet mats for V-Marks' one (which terrifies me as the 'other shoe' with that patch was the exotic reset).

This is great to hear, I'm currently also working on leveling my universal remote. The swordbreaker has easily become one of my favorite weapons as well.

GutZ31

We need a bungie dev in here to tell us when they plan to fix the armor piercing crap.
Shit doesn't even go thru paper now.

Its pretty irritating to not even be able to shoot thru clothe, or wire when doing PvE missions.
I can only imagine how OP it was in crucible, but why nerf it for the whole damn game?

Deku Tree

Deku’s Destiny Hoarder Report: March. 6 Edition

Exotic armor missing Ruin Wings, The Armamentarium, Knucklehead Radar
Exotic Weapons missing Necrochasm
I have all other exotics.

Recent Acquisitions:
Gotten March 6 2015 From Xur Helm St 14
Gotten March 1 2015 From Crota Thunderlord
Gotten Feb 24 2015 From Atheon Second Ballerhorn
Gotten Feb 21 2015 From Xur Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
Gotten Feb 13 2015 From Xur Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
Gotten January 28 2015 From Nightfall First Ballerhorn!!! (Cosmos got NLB but he has three Horns lolz)
Exotic Shards: 26

Crota End Raid saved loot:

Crux of Crota = 0
Fang of Ir Yut = 2
Oversoul Edict = 3
Abyss Defiant = 3
Word of Crota = 3

Light Of the Abyss = 3
Swordbreaker = 3
Black Hammer = 3
Song of Ir Yut = 3
Hunger of Crota = 3

Cryptographic Shader = 3
Light in the Abyss = 3
Glowhoo Shader = 3
Bane of Dark Gods = 2
S-13 Graverobber = 2
Bone Circlet = 1
Shroud of Flies = 1
Mark of the Pit = 1

Planetary Materials collection:

Hadronic Essence: 846
Sapphire Wire: 287
Plasteel Plating: 274

Bonus Raid completions (as of March 5, 2015)

Vault of Glass - Normal 9W+2H+0T=11
Vault of Glass - Hard 22W+10H+8T=40
Crota's End - Normal 15W+12H+9T=36
Crota's End - Hard 7W+7H+5T=19
Total = 106
(From Destiny Tracker)

My Grimoire Raid completions = 68VoG+ 61CE = 129
(Includes deleted toons.)

Defuser

We need a bungie dev in here to tell us when they plan to fix the armor piercing crap.

Its pretty irritating to not even be able to shoot thru clothe, or wire when doing PvE missions.
I can only imagine how OP it was in crucible, but why nerf it for the whole damn game?

It wasn't Crucible that caused the nerf of AP rounds imo. People were glitching through walls and shooting with it.

E92 M3

Overall, the PVP gets everything nerfed for PVE.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I disagree because even without the white nail perk the blackhammer does more damage than other sniper rifles also it works amazingly well on knights, ogres and swordbearer because it can stun lock all of them (Ogres a little less) and it's very easy to keep on hitting them again and again until they die or are low on health so that other can make orbs. The only other enemies apart from these are acolytes, thralls and wizards, thr first two of which can be taken down with primary and wizards still die quickly from Blackhammer. It's still the quickest way to take down those enemies bar Ghorn imo. Ogres in HM don't stun after every shot though but they will stun after evey three (or maybe it was just the lag that causes me to think so).

In short Blackhammer is my single most used weapon in the game and even in CE both in HM and NM as I never change it, unless I am cheesing the bridge section and have to shoot alone.
I feel like this is a debate I already had the last time the Icebreaker came around. lol

My question is simply, what other exotic would you ever use assuming you didn't have a Horn?

It's so weird that the Necrochasm is the last exotic I need in the game because basically it makes the worst gun in the game the pinnacle of my Destiny experience.

Shito

It wasn't Crucible that caused the nerf of AP rounds imo. People were glitching through walls and shooting with it.
Well, apart from the Swordbearer's rock, you can still use the same AP "glitches" than before in PVE.
Valus Sponge and Sepiks window room are still both doable, for example.

Says me after every damn PvP nerf. Well we know they have some sort of PVE only damage modifier whether they have anything for the other stats such as Penetration et al is open to debate. Most irritating to me is that I only learnt that AP actually functioned like proper AP after the damn nerf (i.e. penetrates material as well as people)

ethomaz

Banned
Xur this week.

+ Skull of Dire Ahamkara

Nothing more :(

|WEAPON MISSING|
4th Horseman
Black Hammer

|ARMOR MISSING|
Kuncklehead Radar
Mask of the Third Man
The Armamentarium
Claws of Ahamkara

Maybe next week.

This is great to hear, I'm currently also working on leveling my universal remote. The swordbreaker has easily become one of my favorite weapons as well.

Swordbreaker has jumped to the top of my Raid weapons list, I have the VoG raid shotty also and it is my bestest friend when Urzok needs a killing (another TDB quest chain made 100% less irritating by the shotty buff)

nOoblet16

I feel like this is a debate I already had the last time the Icebreaker came around. lol

My question is simply, what other exotic would you ever use assuming you didn't have a Horn?
I use Truth because it's the second best Rocket Launcher, sometimes I use Mida Multitool if I want to run around, sometimes I use Thorn, now that I am close to getting my Warlock up to game I can use Bad Juju with Obsidian Mind..you get where I am going with this i.e. it just allows me to use whatever I want because I don't really feel like I need Icebreaker unless I am cheesing or running out if ammo in nightfall due to juggler, because I can do a lot more damage with Blackhammer.

Now that shotguns are fun to use, I rock a Universal Remote in my primary slot. :D
Will probably switch back to my beloved scout rifles once the novelty has worn off, though -- I always seem to come back to scout rifles and Hawkmoon.
Is your UR fully upgraded? How are the perks, I've barely touched mine so far.

Loot I still need/want:

Necrochasm
Swordbreaker
Hunger of Crota
CE Titan gauntlet
CE Hunter helmet, boots
CE Warlock helmet
Corrective Measure
VOG Titan Helmet,gauntlet
VOG Hunter gauntlet
Iron Banner Warlock helmet and chest

Ketch me if You Can ship

That is all

ich00

Saint 14s for everyone! A new generation of field commanders is born. Psyched to buy the Skull and complete my collection of armor.

The Necrochasm is all that remains. Granted I don't even have a Husk of the Pit yet.

Thanks for the VoG run last night. It was fun to do it with some poeple who hadn't done it before. Now I just need to convince bigtone to get a new headset....

Is your UR fully upgraded? How are the perks, I've barely touched mine so far.

The fully upgraded UR hits stronger than my sniper rifles when aimed, it's range when aimed with the Hammer-Forged and Aim perk is a few metres and so it works as a primary too. You're still weak to swarms of enemies thanks to fire rate but my lvl 28 warlock was two shotting yellow lvl 26 minotaurs on the ROC strike version of that TDB mars strike (cannot remember the name Vengeful Mind or something?). It's pretty addictive running around and just wrecking things, spend the time upgrading it you won't regret it.

KxoZz

Universal Remote good for PvP?

EDIT: Top of the page, do I have to post some wierd crazy shit now or is that thing over?

keakster

Posted this in the LFG thread on gaming side, but no hits as of yet so I will repeat it here ...

Looking to organize a "Raiding Party" trophy run (PS4) for afternoon-ish (EST) tomorrow (Saturday March 7th). We only need to run the final boss (Atheon or Crota) in the same clan and not the whole Raid. We would do it on normal and whichever raid we can get a checkpoint for.

Any takers?

1. keakster

There is also already a clan set up to facilitate this -> Achieve Trophies GAF

Universal Remote good for PvP?

Not the person to ask really as I've only played one round on Blind Watch but it was really fun. Main drawback was RoF as it seemed as if my character was handloading the damn shells between shots at times but the aim down sights perk + hammer forged meant I didn't have too many range issues (then again Blind Watch)

noomi

So DGAF who are getting Bloodborne, what's gonna be our Watchword? :p

Edit: ^^ dat 50ppp peasant. :p

After talking with other gaffers and seeing that latest boss video I will be buying it, I know not a whole lot about the game though. Need to learn me some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom