• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunlop

Arg I need the Saint-14 upgrade, I have no SC ; (

I'm stuck in a loop where I have no will to play the game until the upgrade is available as I cannot progress farther and hit a wall at 30

Time to see if I can make 13SC with a lvl 30 and a lvl 28 in a day lol

Namikaze1

After talking with other gaffers and seeing that latest boss video I will be buying it, I know not a whole lot about the game though. Need to learn me some.
While I love the series, I have not beaten a Souls game. I gave up Dark Souls after beating Smough and Ornstein. I made it to some castle in Dark Spuls 2 and gave up. Demond's Souls? Ha! I barely left the first stage before the someone accidentally broke the game disk. I'm hoping Bloodborne will be the first one I'll beat.

Is IceBreaker really worth giving up an exotic slot for?

I usually just carry around a max'ed out sniper, and switch to IB if I run out of ammo or I'm in a situation where I know I won't get any ammo drops (Oracles cheese, bridge cheese).

Yes, yes it is. BH might have stolen its thunder but Ice Breaker is still one of the top tier snipers in the game. If it was a legendary I'd use it over BH at all times. Regardless, buy it with your eyes closed.

While I love the series, I have not beaten a Souls game. I gave up Dark Souls after beating Smough and Ornstein. I made it to some castle in Dark Spuls 2 and gave up. Demond's Souls? Ha! I barely left the first stage before the someone accidentally broke the game disk. I'm hoping Bloodborne will be the first one I'll beat.

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif
Go and finish the game(s) now!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I use Truth because it's the second best Rocket Launcher, sometimes I use Mida Multitool if I want to run around, sometimes I use Thorn, now that I am close to getting my Warlock up to game I can use Bad Juju with Obsidian Mind..you get where I am going with this i.e. it just allows me to use whatever I want because I don't really feel like I need Icebreaker unless I am cheesing or running out if ammo in nightfall due to juggler, because I can do a lot more damage with Blackhammer.
Every other exotic has special use cases, but I have never really found any of the exotics worth using all the time. And given that Bungie will probably decide that shotguns/pulse rifles are too powerful or something and introduce another rebalancing patch in a few months, there only real reliable weapons are snipers and rocket launchers.

Either way, the Helm of Saint 14 and the Icebreaker are probably the two most useful exotics and both are being sold. If you had a Titan and had to choose between the two, I would probably still side on the Icebreaker because you can at least still gamble on engrams. Given that Gjallarhorn is apparently out of the Xur loot table, there isn't really anything else worth saving coins for.

Arg I need the Saint-14 upgrade, I have no SC ; (

I'm stuck in a loop where I have no will to play the game until the upgrade is available as I cannot progress farther and hit a wall at 30

Time to see if I can make 13SC with a lvl 30 and a lvl 28 in a day lol
You've already done your weeklies? If so, well... good luck running strikes all day.

Not yet fully upgraded, but I have Universal Remote and Hammer Forged unlocked on it, and it helps its range issue A LOT.
It really is worth upgrading.

The fully upgraded UR hits stronger than my sniper rifles when aimed, it's range when aimed with the Hammer-Forged and Aim perk is a few metres and so it works as a primary too. You're still weak to swarms of enemies thanks to fire rate but my lvl 28 warlock was two shotting yellow lvl 26 minotaurs on the ROC strike version of that TDB mars strike (cannot remember the name Vengeful Mind or something?). It's pretty addictive running around and just wrecking things, spend the time upgrading it you won't regret it.
Welp, I know what I'm going to be running around with this weekend!

noomi

I've never played any of them.... I was always a bit too afraid to play because of the difficulty level. I've been told that Bloodborne while still difficult won't be as hard as the other games... plus the game looks amazing :D Oh yeah, and co-op should be hella fun

Nuszka

After talking with other gaffers and seeing that latest boss video I will be buying it, I know not a whole lot about the game though. Need to learn me some.

I was about to mention that to you in our next run, the addition of watchword is a game changer in my opinion. Oh btw got my issue with R2 sorted , swapped it with the L2 and i can finally use smg and auto rifles lol. The rubber underneth the plastic wears off after a while , got new replacements on the way.

Posted this in the LFG thread on gaming side, but no hits as of yet so I will repeat it here ...

Looking to organize a "Raiding Party" trophy run (PS4) for afternoon-ish (EST) tomorrow (Saturday March 7th). We only need to run the final boss (Atheon or Crota) in the same clan and not the whole Raid. We would do it on normal and whichever raid we can get a checkpoint for.

Any takers?

1. keakster

There is also already a clan set up to facilitate this -> Achieve Trophies GAF

Depending on the time tomorrow, I can do both!

PSN: Kill_Deaf_Radio. Just joined the clan as well.

Nuszka

S&O was my S&M lol will never forget that encounter.

For any DGAF'ers who are Souls n00bs but considering BBGAF:
Destiny is justifiably criticized for not explaining its systems well but Souls are even worse, especially Demons which was poorly translated/localized. I know Bloodborne is trying to improve some of this. As much as I love Souls, they have a horrible initial learning curve. More of a learning wall. But once you break though, there's nothing else like it in gaming or any other medium.

Even so, it will always be a niche series, not everyone can or should enjoy the games. So I get why it's annoying to non-fans when the fans are always saying stupid hyperbole like "there's nothing else like it in gaming or any other medium."

Colonel O'Phenom relayed his entire Dark Souls experience last night: trying in vain to kill the Asylum Demon with the broken sword + breaking pots looking for a better weapon while not noticing the door you're supposed to run through = quit Souls forever, lol. I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who had basically the exact same experience unless they just looked up an FAQ.

Dunlop

You've already done your weeklies? If so, well... good luck running strikes all day.

No, I don't have a regular group that I play with as my playtime is so sporadic. Then it involves heading to destinylfg or hoping one is running here. Lazyness kicks in and I start to play another game lol

I don't have a PS3 nor a 360! And my laptop can't run the DkS games!

I failed you, iRAWR! Don't give me the Gorgon checkpoint even if I beg you for failing you!
Fair enough, already forgiven :p
I've never played any of them.... I was always a bit too afraid to play because of the difficulty level. I've been told that Bloodborne while still difficult won't be as hard as the other games... plus the game looks amazing :D Oh yeah, and co-op should be hella fun
Hmm IMO the souls series is not "hard". There's a learning curve that what makes difficulty at first.

Wanna know my secret?
so am I! :p

Nah. Has to be something easy to remember. It has to be an 8 letter word. How about "Hawkmoon"? Nah, noomi doesn't have one yet. Dammit, I can't think of one.

Whilst this knowledge would be useful, I can see it making life with 3G even more difficult...

Deku Tree

Destiny is justifiably criticized for not explaining its systems well but Souls are even worse, especially Demons which was poorly translated/localized. I know Bloodborne is trying to improve some of this. As much as I love Souls, they have a horrible initial learning curve. More of a learning wall. But once you break though, there's nothing else like it in gaming or any other medium.

Even so, it will always be a niche series, not everyone can or should enjoy the games. So I get why it's annoying to non-fans when the fans are always saying stupid hyperbole like "there's nothing else like it in gaming or any other medium."

Fair enough, already forgiven :p

Hmm IMO the souls series is not "hard". There's a learning curve that what makes difficulty at first.

I own Dark Souls on PS3 but I never got past the beginning. I liked it but I got distracted by other games and real life. I have the $80 edition of BB preordered from Amazon. It sounds like I will like it but I wonder if I will really stay away from Destiny and real life long enough to finish it.

No, I don't have a regular group that I play with as my playtime is so sporadic. Then it involves heading to destinylfg or hoping one is running here. Lazyness kicks in and I start to play another game lol

The weekly has matchmaking now. No need to fish around for people to play with.

Shito

Yep.
And more than that, it's more "punishing" than hard. It asks you to learn the game, the way it is played, and the encounters. Every little mistake is VERY punishing, but it's always fair and because you yourself fucked up. If you can stomach the first few hours, it can become an incredibly rewarding experience, and that's probably the first reason why Souls fans love those games so much.
I went from not finishing Demon's when it released to spend more that 300 hours on Dark Souls to doing challenge runs (only use bows, or only use melee, or that kind of funny things) on Dark Souls 2.

Namikaze1

S&O was my S&M lol will never forget that encounter.
I died many times against them till I finally got both bastards down.

Colonel O'Phenom relayed his entire Dark Souls experience last night: trying in vain to kill the Asylum Demon with the broken sword + breaking pots looking for a better weapon while not noticing the door you're supposed to run through = quit Souls forever, lol. I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who had basically the exact same experience unless they just looked up an FAQ.
Lol! I was lucky to have watch some of ENB's vids before I played the game so I knew what not to do during that part.

You can always buy the PS4 version of DS2 in a month or so.
I'll be busy with Bloodborne though. Plus MKX is just around the corner. I would get DkSouls2 but not for $60.

rNilla

I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed.

shermas

So it's my first time purchasing from Xur but I'm not sure what to get. I was told to buy the Ice Breaker but also need a Warlock helmet. I only have 25 coins, so I'm five short of getting both.

I see that Obsidian Mind is rumored for next week. Should I get the Ice Breaker and wait for that? It looks better than Skull of Dire Ahamkara. On the other hand, the skull would help level me up. If Obsidian Mind isn't there next week, the leveling process will just take longer.

Here's a link to my character: https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018429326770/2305843009218189873#gear

Thanks!

EDIT: If that list is accurate, I think I'd prefer the MIDA over Ice Breaker. Maybe I shouldn't get anything this week.

I'm not sure what kind of weapons you have already, but I'd say... GET THE ICE BREAKER. I had the exact same question a couple weeks ago (not enough coins for a helmet I wanted and the IB), went with the IB and it really is an amazing weapon. Plus, I ran a couple ROC strikes and found coins that way.

Doing the Mars strike with a leveled IB for the first time is hilarious.

There will be another piece of armor next week or the week after or the week after.

Shito

This is still my "home" thread lol.
Same for me.
Not sure I will really move, we'll see, I'll probably take a look at BB's OT once the game releases, but I don't have the intention of actively posting in it.
I only have so much time to follow one GAF OT... I pretty much abandoned the Fighting Games weeklies for D-GAF. ^^

Drizzay and myself are finally getting helm saint 14!

Sogood.gif. Really excited to use it for stuff like CE Abyss or messing with Supplicant pathing vs. Atheon, ha. Too bad you left me behind in the #forevernoTLord club... not a lot of folks hanging around here these days ;_;

noomi

Hmmm....

Is the 4th horseman terrible still? Debating whether to work on invective or 4th horseman next... or neither, maybe plan c or pocket infinity... SO MANY CHOICES SO LITTLE TIME

rNilla

Hmmm....

Is the 4th horseman terrible still? Debating whether to work on invective or 4th horseman next... or neither, maybe plan c or pocket infinity... SO MANY CHOICES SO LITTLE TIME

4th horseman is good. Invective is better plus regenerating ammo.

Nuszka

This is still my "home" thread lol.

In a way you are right , mostly i post here , but with upcoming BB, MKX, W3 it will be hard to find time not only to play but keep up with the threads. On other note i hope that HoW releases somewhere in april. May seems so far away.

Sogood.gif. Really excited to use it for stuff like CE Abyss or messing with Supplicant pathing vs. Atheon, ha. Too bad you left me behind in the #forevernoTLord club... not a lot of folks hanging around here these days ;_;

We should combine forces. I'm in the #ForeverNoHorn club. We have a membership base in steep decline.

LordofPwn

Exotics Missing:
Hard Light

Raid Gear Missing:
Crota's End Hunter Helm

Those are the only things that have me coming back next week until HoW.

I need Rumble
fuck rumble
and Salvage
love it the most, never around
Wins for Grimoire along with Ogre and Hydra Kills, plus 10 more strikes (will do this weekend).

Hmmm....

It is not what it should be, but still very powerful.

Thunderer perk isn't very effective unless you invest in max stability. Final round perk seems to be glitched as well.

Better off rolling with UR + legendary shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom