• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like our third isn't showing - need a third for nightfall, we'll try to get to the boss fight on the meantime. PSN Rnilla for the leader, Tohoya for me

Edit: full

stb

I'm down! I can definitely do a normal run or 2. Also wouldn't mind getting my 31 Titan carried through the bridge on hard.

I GUESS you can still join, even if you abandoned me for another HM Crota kill last night. =)

I'm a 31 titan, so on last week's HM I died almost instantly on every run through the Abyss.

Eventually GRIP basically soloed it, though I seem to recall a someone's warlock self-res-ing from almost all the way at the beginning and working his way up to the lamp near the bridge to distract the ogre at the end.

The bridge I seemed to do fine with. The 31's should cross in the middle slots so there's level 32 help on both sides.

This said, there are at least 3 31s in this group (me, you, and Capt_Verde); I assume Dave's going to run his 32 for HM?

edit: I can load up and chill in the gorgons CP if people still want it and Darknyss needs to take a break...

Anyone with Gorgon HM or Deathsinger NM Checkpoint?

I've saved NM DSinger, HM Gorgon and HM Atheon CPs for this week since I'm now finished with all of them. Let me know if you or anyone else wants to snag them.

Payback for the hawkmoon I should have gotten several weeks earlier you hawkmoon hogger. I saw your vault picture with 5 of them, maybe I should return the favour with Tlords.

I can't resist throwing a little salt from time to time, but I think I was more excited than you were to see the HM and GH drop for you last week, haha.

This video is like 90% reloading, 9% grenades, and 1% Necrochasm killing something. (J/K)

I can't resist throwing a little salt from time to time, but I think I was more excited than you were to see the HM and GH drop for you last week, haha.
Your salt just enhances my flavour, your shade just makes me shine brighter. I'm rubber and you are glue everything you say bounces off me and sticks on you. I was pretty excited though but you did beat me to the punch in celebrating because I couldn't even see the drop happening since Bungie is awesome at coding videogames.

I bought the Destiny Digital Bundle from PSN and played the game for the first time this morning. I have to admit I am pretty excited about the whole thing. I am currently rocking a level 5 warlock and have no idea what is going on, but having fun doing it. I have missed that Bungie gunplay.

If anyone is starting a new character and wants company, send me an invite. I am at home with a broken leg and have lots of time during the day to play. 😀

PSN: Zyzomys

Cheers

Shito

I completely disagree. Not having one, while you have six, makes every single drop I get that's not a GHorn suck balls. I'd rather him sell that, and keep some of the useless pokemon exotics hard to get for those that care.

Also, why do you think they are dropping more often?

And...Hunger of crota is not anywhere near as good as the Horn. Try taking down the abyss o ogre with HoC. Even silly things like sword bearers take twice as many rockets with HoC. Twice as many means a reload, which gives him time to hide and regen shields. On to of that, it doesn't track nearly as aggressively.
Yeah, I made somewhat of a rant post about that idea a few weeks ago.
Basically, as long as I don't have the Horn, every exotic drop I get is first treated as "meh, it's not a Horn". My first feeling when getting an exotic is disappointment, and only after that I start analyzing what I really did get. It's really not a happy feeling. I loved getting my Hawkmoon some two months ago, but it started with "crap, not a Horn" as well...

Namikaze1

Im at the point where I just want to send you psn money so you can play something else until dlc.
You don't know the shit I've seen or done, Todd. I'm slowly losing my mind!

1243594993_cupcakedog-war-flashbacks.gif

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Huge thank you to Darknyss - that little time saver helps significantly since we're crunching at work right now.

noomi

Okay, my opinion of the ballerhorn after finally joining the master race: seriously, wtf. Everything just dies.

You should be calling it the froyohorn lmfao! Sorry gaf, inside joke from this morning.

It's friggin' raining horns and moons today! I need to get on this loot train!

....except for your own fusion grenades, which stick to you. Zing!

That didn't happen to me. I wasn't playing, I was in a headon car collision and doped up on opiates. It was someone else using my ps4 man. I'm also legally blind so I could barely even see who it was scrubbing it up that day.

E92 M3

It's tough. I'm 50/50. Anything you've earned after hard work is definitely more special. Xur has blessed me with my first Ice Breaker and The Last Word, both of which I've been using since. I really don't remember any other weapons I've gotten from him. I've got most of my exotic gear from him. I've been looking for Heart of Praxic since day 1 and if he sold it I'd buy it in a heartbeat and upgrade it immediately. There comes a time when you've waited for months and months where you just want the thing already. Especially since September. And the most coveted weapon, I think ghornless would all love it still.

I completely disagree. Not having one, while you have six, makes every single drop I get that's not a GHorn suck balls. I'd rather him sell that, and keep some of the useless pokemon exotics hard to get for those that care.

Also, why do you think they are dropping more often?

And...Hunger of crota is not anywhere near as good as the Horn. Try taking down the abyss o ogre with HoC. Even silly things like sword bearers take twice as many rockets with HoC. Twice as many means a reload, which gives him time to hide and regen shields. On to of that, it doesn't track nearly as aggressively.

I agree guys that not getting it sucks a lot. That's why I talked about Bungie making the loot system smarter and building upon the CE design so all of the dedicated players can get everything.

OH MY GOD I GOT THE GJALLAHORN FINALLY!

How good do you feel right now?

cilonen

Dang. I forgot I was supposed to be going out tonight so no raids or strikes for me. I'll try to get on soon for a few minutes to see if the dailies are any good or if I can snag Gorgons from anyone.

I agree guys that not getting it sucks a lot. That's why I talked about Bungie making the loot system smarter and building upon the CE design so all of the dedicated players can get everything.

How good do you feel right now?

That's all fine and dandy, but does fuck all to help my current situation. Say they do implement a system with the patch at the end of the month, they would still only count progress from that point on. So to get the pinnacle of weapons, I'm still probably looking at mid summer. All of this bitching, and I'll probably get it this week.

LTWood12

I bought the Destiny Digital Bundle from PSN and played the game for the first time this morning. I have to admit I am pretty excited about the whole thing. I am currently rocking a level 5 warlock and have no idea what is going on, but having fun doing it. I have missed that Bungie gunplay.

If anyone is starting a new character and wants company, send me an invite. I am at home with a broken leg and have lots of time during the day to play. 😀

PSN: Zyzomys

Cheers

Sorry to hear about your leg! Always good to welcome new people into the fray though. Send me a Friend request and I'd be happy to help you out some time. I started a hunter over the weekend and am at level 10, so maybe we can knock out some story stuff together.

Destiny Gaf is a great community, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we all have.

PSN: LTWood12

Deku Tree

That's all fine and dandy, but does fuck all to help my current situation. Say they do implement a system with the patch at the end of the month, they would still only count progress from that point on. So to get the pinnacle of weapons, I'm still probably looking at mid summer. All of this bitching, and I'll probably get it this week.

Bungie wants to give you a reason to keep playing... you need some carrot to chase...

You're welcome guys. Here are the updated counts:

TLW x3
Hawkmoon x2
Universal Remote
Truth
P&T
MIDA
Thunderlord
Red Death

notbad.jpg

Who got my TL???

Steroyd

So earlier today lag happened.

iu6IeXeQuZWK4.gif

Iraw doing his swordbearing thing and meanwhile on my screen he was just standing there and I was wondering why.

irUeYwIALRKRN.gif

My Black Hammer regen'd ammo despite the immune popping up 3 times, also took ages for the 3 guards to appear in the part before the tank.

I was going to play around with PvP for a while, but I ain't touching that shit today, if lag is being this bad for me.

Dave_6

I GUESS you can still join, even if you abandoned me for another HM Crota kill last night. =)

I'm a 31 titan, so on last week's HM I died almost instantly on every run through the Abyss.

Eventually GRIP basically soloed it, though I seem to recall a someone's warlock self-res-ing from almost all the way at the beginning and working his way up to the lamp near the bridge to distract the ogre at the end.

The bridge I seemed to do fine with. The 31's should cross in the middle slots so there's level 32 help on both sides.

This said, there are at least 3 31s in this group (me, you, and Capt_Verde); I assume Dave's going to run his 32 for HM?

I guess I could run my Hunter through until Crota then switch out to my Warlock. The only drops I need drop at him anyways.

edit: I can load up and chill in the gorgons CP if people still want it and Darknyss needs to take a break...

I've saved NM DSinger, HM Gorgon and HM Atheon CPs for this week since I'm now finished with all of them. Let me know if you or anyone else wants to snag them.

Please give me normal Deathsigner later. I also haven't done Gorgons in forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom