• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Yzen, I find your story completely believable with no holes whatsoever.

Thanks Dark! Damn, I get the Warlock class item like every other time from that chest and I still don't have the Hunter VOG cape.

damn, VoG cape is my favorite class armor item for any class, it looks amazing with pretty much any shader. I especially like Glowhoo and the IB shader Goldspiral.

E92 M3

That's all fine and dandy, but does fuck all to help my current situation. Say they do implement a system with the patch at the end of the month, they would still only count progress from that point on. So to get the pinnacle of weapons, I'm still probably looking at mid summer. All of this bitching, and I'll probably get it this week.

At least tell me you won't quit once you do get it, though. And I am very sure your day is near and I can't wait to see the post of excitement.

Sullichin

I bought the Destiny Digital Bundle from PSN and played the game for the first time this morning. I have to admit I am pretty excited about the whole thing. I am currently rocking a level 5 warlock and have no idea what is going on, but having fun doing it. I have missed that Bungie gunplay.

If anyone is starting a new character and wants company, send me an invite. I am at home with a broken leg and have lots of time during the day to play. 😀

PSN: Zyzomys

Cheers

FR Sent. I will probably try to use my level 10 titan this week and get him up. Feel free to hop into my games whenever you see me online and can join.

So earlier today lag happened.

iu6IeXeQuZWK4.gif

Iraw doing his swordbearing thing and meanwhile on my screen he was just standing there and I was wondering why.
That's just like my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMOyNgccHc&list=UUfcw2-ISq8O5rHBSd3tF0sw

Also, the Black Hammer can regen ammo on immune hits. It works on the walkers and even on the Nightfall tank after you defeat it and it hasn't blown up.

These joyous moments of getting the treasured Gjallarhorn would be gone if Xur sells it. In fact Xur dilutes the enjoyment of getting any exotic he sells too much. Xur is a great help to everyone, but there is no denying that getting a rare weapon that he hasn't sold a gazillion times is a lot more rewarding. I've heard so many celebrations over getting the Gjallarhorn and it's something special that wouldn't exist if he sold it.

Look at Ice Breaker, a weapon that used to be super powerful and desired. While it still remains powerful, it's not something that is exciting to see in a drop. I know there are strong advocates that Xur should sell everything, but I believe he shouldn't (even for weapons I want). The excitement of getting a desired drop is magnitudes better than buying from Xur.

I have 6 Gjallarhorns and haven't sharded one because the weapon is still special to me.

It's good that Xur allows people to get exotics, but he really does take the joy out of getting some desired weapons and gear in the game. I always wanted TLW, when Xur sold it I bought it but the weapon no longer felt rare and special to me. A week later TLW dropped after a nightfall and the only thing I could think of was how happy I would have been at that moment if Xur had never sold It.

I think Xur should have a selection of weapons and armor that only he can sell. Like the weapons you can only get from exotic bounties. In order for this to work though there probably needs to be more exotics in the game.

So earlier today lag happened.

iu6IeXeQuZWK4.gif

Iraw doing his swordbearing thing and meanwhile on my screen he was just standing there and I was wondering why.

irUeYwIALRKRN.gif

My Black Hammer regen'd ammo despite the immune popping up 3 times, also took ages for the 3 guards to appear in the part before the tank.

I was going to play around with PvP for a while, but I ain't touching that shit today, if lag is being this bad for me.
my secret is out, I am the lag :p

So despite paying this game quite a lot recently, there are still things I'm learning. What is this gorgon cp? Is it basically free loot every week if someone invites you to it? I haven't done any raids yet since I only have 2 other people who I play with currently. Thanks

Shito

So despite paying this game quite a lot recently, there are still things I'm learning. What is this gorgon cp? Is it basically free loot every week if someone invites you to it? I haven't done any raids yet since I only have 2 other people who I play with currently. Thanks
Yes, it's the checkpoint right at the beginning of the Gorgon maze, in the first raid.
There's a chest you can get from there, with no fight at all, that has a chance to give you an exotic.

Bungie wants to give you a reason to keep playing... you need some carrot to chase...

Who got my TL???

That's straight up bullshit. How many have said "yep, got the Horn, I'm done playing now"?

I would argue that not getting it is burning me out faster. Forcing myself to do no burn Omnigal nightfalls and Crota HM when I'd rather be doing PvP or VoG just for a shot at the brass ring.

Shito

That's straight up bullshit. How many have said "yep, got the Horn, I'm done playing now"?

I would argue that not getting it is burning me out faster. Forcing myself to do no burn Omnigal nightfalls and Crota HM when I'd rather be doing PvP or VoG just for a shot at the brass ring.
I'm with you.
I feel like I'm actually waiting for it to drop so I can really start playing the game...

E92 M3

It's good that Xur allows people to get exotics, but he really does take the joy out of getting some desired weapons and gear in the game. I always wanted TLW, when Xur sold it I bought it but the weapon no longer felt rare and special to me. A week later TLW dropped after a nightfall and the only thing I could think of was how happy I would have been at that moment if Xur had never sold It.

I think Xur should have a selection of weapons and armor that only he can sell. Like the weapons you can only get from exotic bounties. In order for this to work though there probably needs to be more exotics in the game.

Yeah, overall it's just a difficult balance that Bungie won't be able to solve for a long time, I presume.

ich00

I bought the Destiny Digital Bundle from PSN and played the game for the first time this morning. I have to admit I am pretty excited about the whole thing. I am currently rocking a level 5 warlock and have no idea what is going on, but having fun doing it. I have missed that Bungie gunplay.

If anyone is starting a new character and wants company, send me an invite. I am at home with a broken leg and have lots of time during the day to play. ��

Cheers

Welcome to the fold guardian! I have all lvl 32 chars but would be happy to help out if you need it with anything. I'm usually on at night and pretty much done with most content, so am always willing to lend a hand. My PSN is Ichabod00

Yes, it's the checkpoint right at the beginning of the Gorgon maze, in the first raid.
There's a chest you can get from there, with no fight at all, that has a chance to give you an exotic.
Thanks for the answer. So can I just wander in and get it myself without fighting anything or is that only true if I join someone who has already gotten there?

Deku Tree

I'm with you.
I feel like I'm actually waiting for it to drop so I can really start playing the game...

I got a horn a while ago and it hasn't really changed my play style. I keep it on my Hunter and I don't even swap weapons when doing HM Crota.

A horn is nice but it's not essential. Three people firing a Truth or a HoC can take down HM Crtoa just as quickly as three people firing horns.

Don't believe the Ballerhorn hype.

spyder_ur

Normal and/or Hard full Crota's End tonight at 8 Eastern:

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ???
a1) Stereotype (PSN Haybro_) ???
a2) ich00 (PSN Ichabod00) ???

Anyone else we've raided with recently? I'd like to fill this with known quantities. =)

Hmm, what's the plan here? I have something to do after work, so 8 is probably a bit tight for me. Definitely interested though, at least in normal runs.

Ambitious

I'm with you.

Ah, yes. That's how I felt a few months ago. "Now finally all my favorite exotics are maxed, now I will have so much fun with them!"
One day after this, they announced the TDB upgrade system.

RetroMG

Thanks for the answer. So can I just wander in and get it myself without fighting anything or is that only true if I join someone who has already gotten there?

You do have to join someone who has already gotten there, yes. You do not have to fight anything, but you do have to jump up a cliff area into a tunnel.

I got a horn a while ago and it hasn't really changed my play style. I keep it on my Hunter and I don't even swap weapons when doing HM Crota.

A horn is nice but it's not essential. Three people firing a Truth or a HoC can take down HM Crtoa just as quickly as three people firing horns.

Don't believe the hype.

Did you quit playing once you got it?

Also, I know it won't make a huge difference on the day to day stuff, but I really think it would help in my quest to "solo" stuff. I don't even want to try soloing Crota until I get one.

Shito

Did you quite playing once you got it?

Also, I know it won't make a huge difference on the day to day stuff, but I really think it would help in my quest to "solo" stuff. I don't even want to try soloing Crota until I get one.
Once again: yep!
The first thing I do when I finally get it is to ask you guys a Crota CP. :)

Don't believe the Ballerhorn hype.

Uh, it may not be as critical for HM Crota, but the hype is definitely real. Don't downplay it to folks who don't have it to make them feel better. It may not be strictly necessary, but it does greatly improve encounter efficiency. There was a tangible difference in the No Burn Omnigul strike playing with a team Gjallarhorned to the hilt and those that weren't.

Can I have some sniping tips please? I am usually pretty good (Halo games, COD, Unreal) but for some reason I am hot/cold on Destiny. Any useful tips?

forgot to reply to this the other day. before that, are you interested in sniping long range or short range? there's a bit of overlap, but it's still very different in terms of what you should know and what kind of sniper you need. i wrote this a while ago. it's probably outdated but maybe some of it will be relevant.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...isnt_throwing_knife_a_1hk_to_the_face/clfi9wa

Akai XIII

Bungie should introduce "strange" exotics - change the elemental damage type or swap on exotic perk for one of the others (Or even better, have a selectable exotic perk).

These can only be dropped. Xur sells a stock exotic.

If anyone is starting a new character and wants company, send me an invite. I am at home with a broken leg and have lots of time during the day to play. 😀

Cheers

Oooh, newbies are always fun.

This might take awhile before it's relevant to you, but when you start hitting higher levels, be sure to give Hawkian a ring. He runs newbie raids on Thursdays, a great way to dip your feet into the end game. Other than that, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom