• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Haven't been able to read the thread or play the last few nights (I'm still on page 115), but just popping in to say:

HELM OF SAINT-14! AHHHH!

I was driving to work this morning when I remembered it was Xurday and actually said out loud "those fuckers better not have taken away Saint 14".

I was alone in the car.

LOL! I was late coming in to work today because of the weather (we opened late) so I made sure to log in and buy one for myself. I'm so happy to finally have it!

shermas

So, does anybody here on DestinyGAF play the game on XB1? I realize PS4 is by far the most popular platform on GAF in general, but my friends are on XB1 and we consistently need 2-3 people to fill out raid teams on Tuesdays and Sundays. Just looking for some people to add to the friends list.

GT: shermas.

i'm on xb1 a lot during the week

did you switch to another primary?

mj-laughing.gif

I've been playing skirmish almost exclusively since the patch, and there are really only 3 primaries in the game

TLW
Thorn
The legendary weapon you equip but never use when you switch to Truth for heavy ammo.

Maybe the mythoclast and hawkmoon make an appearance, but the DPS in 1v1 is rarely there.

LiK

mj-laughing.gif

I've been playing skirmish almost exclusively since the patch, and there are really only 3 primaries in the game

TLW
Thorn
The legendary weapon you equip but never use when you switch to Truth for heavy ammo.

Maybe the mythoclast and hawkmoon make an appearance, but the DPS in 1v1 is rarely there.

no Hawkmoon?

RetroMG

Anyone else having trouble accessing the tower? My friend and I are both having issues. We spawn in to a black screen, we can hear the people in the tower, but... nothing else.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Honestly I'm fine with TLW getting a little nerf. The speed that it melts people is kinda obscene. Primaries should probably never kill as quickly as a Heavy machine gun and TLW often does.

As far as PVE goes, everything should always be buffed only. Separate your shit, Bungie.

Crucibulldozer Win/Loss Record: 31 - 0

Shockingly we almost lost one today (15k - 14.7k) because I was too busy complaining about Inferno and PvP in general. Just for fun, I added up the kills of each type from two random matches this morning. Both were played on Anomaly which skews it some and all the usual caveats apply (minuscule sample size, playing in a group vs. playing with rando's, etc), but....

Non-Guns
Melee: 31
*cough shotty-melee cough*
Grenades: 15
Supers: 27

Non-Shotgun Guns
Auto Rifles: 13
Pulse Rifles: 11
Hand Cannons: 19
Scout Rifles: lol
Fusion Rifles: 5
Snipers: 0
Heavy weapons: 0, matches rarely last to the 6 minute spawn

Shotguns
Shotguns: ONE HUNDRED and TWENTY FOUR

51% of every kill was a shotgun. It's still fun to play because DGAF is awesome but Crucible is broken and Inferno is terrible. Just my 2 cents, as always.

Second NF: Crusader scout rifle with Outlaw and Third Eye. Same stats as the Saterienne Rapier. Gonna dismantle.

..I just noticed you have three Hunters. Why?

warlocks suck

i'm making a titan in a few weeks though. i'm keeping one of my alts till the next raid for raid armor

So with the companion app being able to swap gar around so easily, can I delete my my extra ice breakers, songs of ir yut, and all my other duplicates? I feel like I don't need them, but I'm nervous about sharding them.

PranoyTen

Neo Member
Got accepted to GAF and got my Saint-14 on the same day. Just the Knucklehead Radar and Sunbreakers left to finish my exotic armor collection. :D

border

That's pretty good, the vendor one has Firefly and Outlaw but honestly Flared Magwell does the job just fine. Gheleon's Demise with a similar perk roll is a different kind of gun but certainly no worse, and in my opinion is preferable. A Badger CCL with Firefly is harder to come by but represents a nice balance between the two. The MIDA Multi-Tool has a unique set of utilities and can basically own everything with its stagger unless Angry is on, but it takes an exotic slot of course.

Vision of Confluence remains one of the best guns in the game and some people really care about full auto. Fang of Ir Yut is top tier as well and an Arc scout has enormous applications. Shout out to Crusader I at New Monarchy and The Calling at FWC, but of course you're at the mercy of perks.

I personally prefer the slower RoF guns so that has influenced my choices to an extent

I personally adore he Badger CCL with the Firefly perk and the other one which gives one round bonus damage. Wish it was auto like VoC, but the damage output is pretty dang good. I haven't tried many others. Agreed with Hawkian, though, The Calling was my first legendary scout rifle. Really good stuff until I got Badger.

Which scout rifles will 1-shot-kill trash enemies when fully upgraded?

That has been the only thing that is frustrating me when I run just Normal Crota's End -- even as a 31-32 guardian, it still takes 2 rounds to kill a Thrall or Acolyte.

It sounds like I want a Badger or Ghaleon's Demise, but I wanna make sure they'll get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom