• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shotguns and pulse rifles are the new hotness. Universal Remote plus shotgun secondary is a blast in PVE.
whaaa? universal remote went from the worst exotic weopon in the game to not only playable but preffered?

times they are a changing

what about OE or swordbreaker. should I bother leveling them up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, only way to use it now. ADS is useless.
*shrug* I don't know, maybe it supports multiple playstyles. I find it still capable of hitting accurate shots at mid-long range with ADS, but I never use fan fire while doing so.
Got TFWPKY from a legendary engram. Clown cartridge, third eye, and send it. Is this a keeper?
Excellent for PvP if you wanted an HC for that purpose
whaaa? universal remote went from the worst exotic weopon in the game to not only playable but preffered?

times they are a changing

what about OE or swordbreaker. should I bother leveling them up.
Every gun mentioned in this post is worth leveling now.

That's pretty good, the vendor one has Firefly and Outlaw but honestly Flared Magwell does the job just fine. Gheleon's Demise with a similar perk roll is a different kind of gun but certainly no worse, and in my opinion is preferable. A Badger CCL with Firefly is harder to come by but represents a nice balance between the two. The MIDA Multi-Tool has a unique set of utilities and can basically own everything with its stagger unless Angry is on, but it takes an exotic slot of course.

Vision of Confluence remains one of the best guns in the game and some people really care about full auto. Fang of Ir Yut is top tier as well and an Arc scout has enormous applications. Shout out to Crusader I at New Monarchy and The Calling at FWC, but of course you're at the mercy of perks.

I personally prefer the slower RoF guns so that has influenced my choices to an extent

This!

I love my VoC, it is a sublime gun, but I would drop it in a heartbeat for a Badger with Field Scout and Firefly.

Rapier is a good gun, but the impact is just low enough to make it a tradeoff, even with lots of Firefly procs.

Badger has the Impact to make it a 1 hit wonder on trash and Firefly to steamroll everything.

Can Ghelons Demose 1 hit trash? If so, I will do whatever it takes to grind it out in next IB. Will have to prep my Wife beforehand for the long PvP time.

Really? Are you sure?

I've heard reports that the xbox sections of destinylfg.com and .net are both lacking compared to the PS counterparts.

the playstation community for destiny looks bigger just about everywhere i look. only thing is all the "impressive feats" seem to come out of the xbox community.

Crucibulldozer Win/Loss Record: 31 - 0

Shockingly we almost lost one today (15k - 14.7k) because I was too busy complaining about Inferno and PvP in general. Just for fun, I added up the kills of each type from two random matches this morning. Both were played on Anomaly which skews it some and all the usual caveats apply (minuscule sample size, playing in a group vs. playing with rando's, etc), but....

Non-Guns
Melee: 31
*cough shotty-melee cough*
Grenades: 15
Supers: 27

Non-Shotgun Guns
Auto Rifles: 13
Pulse Rifles: 11
Hand Cannons: 19
Scout Rifles: lol
Fusion Rifles: 5
Snipers: 0
Heavy weapons: 0, matches rarely last to the 6 minute spawn

Shotguns
Shotguns: ONE HUNDRED and TWENTY FOUR

51% of every kill was a shotgun. It's still fun to play because DGAF is awesome but Crucible is broken and Inferno is terrible. Just my 2 cents, as always.

Sorry Drizz I disagree, people are the ones broken. It's always, this map sucks, that weapon is op, this strike sucks, they need to nerf this weapon. When it should have been (at least for weapons), I want to use this type of weapon, let me see what works for it and not try to play like it's an auto rifle. I have gone face to face with vex pre nerf and come out on top 80% of the time, regardless of weapon. The real problem in Pvp is that people want to play a certain way, regardless of their weapon choice, and it doesn't work out too well. So they default to whatever everyone says is the best to use, and what was popular in whatever shooter they played before. No one wants to tweak their play style, just blame everything else for their shitty play.
Crucible is fine, it's the players that need to adjust. A player like Twilight_gap doesn't get so many kills because he/she is so much better than everyone else, it's because he/she understands their weapons of choice and adapts playstyle to the strength of them. There is no way I could get 30 kills using my current play style with those same weapons. But it is perfectly doable if I use a fusion rifle.

Ambitious

Solar Final Rest II was the Nightfall reward, with the first having been 9 coins.

Thanks for the join Ambitions. Hope that Badger was a good roll at least.

Up for one last Nightfall.

Did you plan to wait for a third person to join? If so, I'm so sorry. I just waltzed in there and mindlessly shot a rocket, not thinking about that.

The Badger had Final Round, AP Rounds and Rangefinder. Almost the same stats as my Gheleon's. Dismantled it.

border

destinygaf is mostly ps4 because of the alpha and the beta. that's 8 extra days + the month in between that playstation had to play and discuss the game. it actually sold more copies on xbox one though

Despite the lack of evidence to the contrary, people here are super-sensitive about this claim. I'm not exactly sure why though - god forbid an Xbox One SKU should perform moderately better (at least in the states).

the playstation community for destiny looks bigger just about everywhere i look. only thing is all the "impressive feats" seem to come out of the xbox community.

Well, when we were comparing sales, that was mostly US where it was competitive. Outside US, We don't have a ton of data, but PS4 seems to dwarf XB1.

*shrug* I don't know, maybe it supports multiple playstyles. I find it still capable of hitting accurate shots at mid-long range with ADS, but I never use fan fire while doing so.

Excellent for PvP if you wanted an HC for that purpose

Every gun mentioned in this post is worth leveling now.

damn reason to hop on tonight. OE always felt good tyo wield but didnt do any damage. sounds good. Im totally in the mood to raid now

Just played the Omnigul strike for the first time, holy hell that was awesome. I can't imagine what that must be like during a Nightfall.

Did you plan on waiting for a third person to join? If so, I'm so sorry. I just waltzed in there and mindlessly shot a rocket, not thinking about that.

The Badger had Final Round, AP Rounds and Rangefinder. Almost the same stats as my Gheleon's. Dismantled it.

Nah, things seem slow here to where we'd probably risk a wipe if we kept waiting. Had someone join during the 3 waves of shit, but they left before they spawned in *shrugs*

The Final Rest II seemed ok. Hip Fire, Perfect Balance, and Who's Next. Seems like it would be a PvP monster.

Despite the lack of evidence to the contrary, people here are super-sensitive about this claim. I'm not exactly sure why though - god forbid an Xbox One SKU should perform moderately better (at least in the states).

i own both and i refuse to take part in the console wars but it's not hard to see why. Microsoft may have a "better infrastructure" as far as their online goes (basing this off of downtime and stress time), but the console really just doesn't compare - not on the OS side at least. The XBO OS is just.... embarrassing.

Hopefully Windows 10 means it'll get an overhaul. I get enough hang-ups and window-ception on my desktop and it's the last thing I want to see when I'm trying to play a game.

Just played the Omnigul strike for the first time, holy hell that was awesome. I can't imagine what that must be like during a Nightfall.

Thank you, I never got the hate for it. Or dust palace for that matter. I don't think there is a single strike that I disliked, only that some are more time consuming than others, and my time with the game is limited.

GhaleonEB

It's my favorite, and what I hope future strikes are like. It's the "fuck it spawn everything" approach to encounter design, and it's awesome.

Boss battle could be better designed, up until there....so good. (I actually like the boss fight, though it should have been improved.)

Sorry Drizz I disagree, people are the ones broken. It's always, this map sucks, that weapon is op, this strike sucks, they need to nerf this weapon. When it should have been (at least for weapons), I want to use this type of weapon, let me see what works for it and not try to play like it's an auto rifle. I have gone face to face with vex pre nerf and come out on top 80% of the time, regardless of weapon. The real problem in Pvp is that people want to play a certain way, regardless of their weapon choice, and it doesn't work out too well. So they default to whatever everyone says is the best to use, and what was popular in whatever shooter they played before. No one wants to tweak their play style, just blame everything else for their shitty play.
Crucible is fine, it's the players that need to adjust. A player like Twilight_gap doesn't get so many kills because he/she is so much better than everyone else, it's because he/she understands their weapons of choice and adapts playstyle to the strength of them. There is no way I could get 30 kills using my current play style with those same weapons. But it is perfectly doable if I use a fusion rifle.

I don't understand the point of this post. I agree with what you are saying but what is your point?

Thank you, I never got the hate for it. Or dust palace for that matter. I don't think there is a single strike that I disliked, only that some are more time consuming than others, and my time with the game is limited.

Never had the chance to play Dust Palace (thanks, Activision), nor the assault on the Black Garden. Is that one any good?

It's a lot of fun if you're strong enough. I died once and managed to pull my teammates' asses out of the line of fire a couple of times with a well-placed bubble. Really felt like a useful part of the team.

As Ghaleon said, I was simply amazed at the amount of enemies they were throwing at you. Those goddamn Thralls just kept coming.

TheOddOne

Blue Ninja, you have cursed me.

iRmFQFvXlXBIM.png

People seem to dislike strikes for reasons that make strikes, strikes.

I haven't seen them in quite some time, but people used to complain regularly about seeing Will of Crota, Dust Palace, Cerberus Vae, The Devils Lair, and Undying Mind.

Then they would get mad that those strikes would show up so often in the Vanguard playlists. Not realizing that there seems to be only 1 or 2 strikes that they actually enjoy.

GhaleonEB

Never had the chance to play Dust Palace (thanks, Activision), nor the assault on the Black Garden. Is that one any good?

It's a lot of fun if you're strong enough. I died once and managed to pull my teammates' asses out of the line of fire a couple of times with a well-placed bubble. Really felt like a useful part of the team.

As Ghaleon said, I was simply amazed at the amount of enemies they were throwing at you. Those goddamn Thralls just kept coming.

I've posted this before, but this gives me one last excuse. I love it when the Thralls spawn. So long as it's not Nightfall, and Lightswitch isn't on, that's when I storm the room.

Well, when we were comparing sales, that was mostly US where it was competitive. Outside US, We don't have a ton of data, but PS4 seems to dwarf XB1.

microsoft shot themselves in the foot with that. $500 + $60 game +$60 live subscription, and i don't think they have many of the games the rest of the world plays to boot

I don't understand the point of this post. I agree with what you are saying but what is your point?

My point is that crucible was never broken. Many people claim that it is/was. The only thing that needed to be addressed was the range of auto rifles, an auto rifle should not be more effective than a scout rifle at range. But it did not really break the game mode.

My problem with the Will of Crota is the final 'broom closet' boss design. I hate it. It's such a lazy design. It's just utterly awful especially on nightfall. If you play carefully it can take 10+ mins on its own. And it ain't even fun just standing in the same spot killing the same re spawning enemies to get a short chance to DPS a really agile and annoying boss. It's just a strike that breeds frustrations. Just like middle part of the undying mind

If you make a small mistake - back to orbit. Go spend another 30mins getting there again

ocean

Banned
What "impressive feats"?
Most videos with impressive fears like the first two-man Heroic VoG or solo CE or insane non-Zoba PvP clips it's from Xbox users. I guess it's because of the large community of hardcore FPS clans that existed largely on 360 last gen.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My point is that crucible was never broken. Many people claim that it is/was. The only thing that needed to be addressed was the range of auto rifles, an auto rifle should not be more effective than a scout rifle at range. But it did not really break the game mode.
Do you remember the old control points on Blind Watch?

Dust Palace is almost step for step the "Buried City" mission that is available to you.

You enter the building and get to the first door. You have to kill a Major Psion to open the door.

You go upstairs to the area with the huge window and curved stairs. You have to kill a Major Psion to open the door here, too.

You get to the top of the tower where you find that Rasputin link in the mission, and you kill another Major Psion to open the last door.

This leads you out to a small landing balcony where you take on the bosses. I used to hate this fight, but now it's one of my favorites, just because the bosses aren't sponges like so many others.

Undying Mind is very unique. It feels like a stress test. You start at the chamber with the Heart and work your way backwards thru the Black Garden mission. But really, you only stop and fight at like 2 different areas.

The big open space where you activate the eye of the gate lord is basically the "Kill 3 waves of Vex" part. But they put a crazy amount of Vex down there.

Once you climb that hill/starcase you get to a digital wall that you can't walk through, but there is a Cyclops on the other side of it. This part is interesting because the game will keep throwing Major Minotaurs and Goblins at you non-stop until you kill the cyclops, and even then a decent amount of time post-mortem. After that, you just pretty much run to the boss room and fight him.

The room is very square and the boss just strafe's from the top center to bottom center back and forth, and the adds are super predictable with where they come from.

It's not a bad strike, but it certainly isn't one of the more memorable ones.

I've posted this before, but this gives me one last excuse. I love it when the Thralls spawn. So long as it's not Nightfall, and Lightswitch isn't on, that's when I storm the room.

That's awesome. Reminds me of the time me and another Bubble Titan went after Xyor in the Summoning Pits. Our Bubbles kept generating so much orbs that we never went without purple cover.

And yet no one here play on xbox one. :(

Add BlueNinja BE.

Blue Ninja, you have cursed me.

iRmFQFvXlXBIM.png

in3ttkmvkoaptm7jy9.gif

Haven't even used mine yet, should probably give it a whirl.

I swear to god I am out of here if this thread is inundated with console war shit and sales figures.

it's not though

i haven't had a problem with autos since the beta. the first nerf last year put them in their place and the only things that felt like they were overstepping their range thereafter were fusion rifles and shotguns.

the only thing that's broken IMO is blink shotgun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My problem with the Will of Crota is the final 'broom closet' boss design. I hate it. It's such a lazy design. It's just utterly awful especially on nightfall. If you play carefully it can take 10+ mins on its own. And it ain't even fun just standing in the same spot killing the same re spawning enemies to get a short chance to DPS a really agile and annoying boss.

If you make a small mistake - back to orbit. Go spend another 30mins getting there again
Every Nightfall involves hiding behind geometry and plinking away at a high HP boss. The no-burn Nightfalls are the worst.

I swear to god I am out of here if this thread is inundated with console war shit and sales figures.

I don't know if that was directed at me, but this is no console war discussion, we were simply trying to reconcile the fact that XB1 Destiny sold very well but appears to be dwarfed by PS4 Destiny online discussion, not just on GAF, but in a lot of places.

phen0m24

I don't know if that was directed at me, but this is no console war discussion, we were simply trying to reconcile the fact that XB1 Destiny sold very well but appears to be dwarfed by PS4 Destiny online discussion, not just on GAF, but in a lot of places.
Don't mind him he's probably just Cranky. :p
Not you Ortho I'm busting on Narmer

Every Nightfall involves hiding behind geometry and plinking away at a high HP boss. The no-burn Nightfalls are the worst.

True, but except for cheesy Nightfall Phogoth, all the other bosses at least let you enter the room to fight the boss in.

Under no circumstance do you want to really be in Omnigul's room. You will very likely die. Imagine fighting Valus from the adjacent room? And then give him an elemental shield you have to drop everytime you pop back around the corner.

It doesn't happen here 97.54% of the time.

it's not though

I was completely kidding. Wasn't directed at anyone whatsoever... it's a Friday afternoon and I'm in "get me the hell out of the office" mode... just disregard anything I say... ever...

border

i own both and i refuse to take part in the console wars but it's not hard to see why. Microsoft may have a "better infrastructure" as far as their online goes (basing this off of downtime and stress time), but the console really just doesn't compare - not on the OS side at least. The XBO OS is just.... embarrassing.

Destiny selling better on Xbox makes sense mostly because that's where the Halo/Bungie audience is. But bring up the fact that Destiny XB1 outsold the PS4 version for like 4-5 months running in NPD and you get a bunch of people who absolutely refuse to believe it, and additionally assert that any completely unknown data (digital, bundles) must favor the Sony SKU "just because".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gaogao chuu.

True, but except for cheesy Nightfall Phogoth, all the other bosses at least let you enter the room to fight the boss in.

Under no circumstance do you want to really be in Omnigul's room. You will very likely die. Imagine fighting Valus from the adjacent room? And then give him an elemental shield you have to drop everytime you pop back around the corner.
I suppose you could fight the other bosses legitimately, but why would you? But I do agree that Omnigul's end room is the worst, to the point where people either hide in the closet or just stay outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom