• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Which scout rifles will 1-shot-kill trash enemies when fully upgraded?

That has been the only thing that is frustrating me when I run even Normal Crota's End -- even as a 31-32 guardian, it still takes 2 rounds to kill a Thrall or Acolyte.

It sounds like I want a Badger or Ghaleon's Demise, but I wanna make sure they'll get the job done.
Yep, Badger or Ghaelon will one shot those.
With a precision shot that is.

Defyler

I love my ghaelon's but now that I've got a maxed fang I find it hard to give up the arc damage and 27 mag clip opposed to ghaelon's 15.

Firefly is great though.

Crucibulldozer Win/Loss Record: 31 - 0

Shockingly we almost lost one today (15k - 14.7k) because I was too busy complaining about Inferno and PvP in general. Just for fun, I added up the kills of each type from two random matches this morning. Both were played on Anomaly which skews it some and all the usual caveats apply (minuscule sample size, playing in a group vs. playing with rando's, etc), but....

Non-Guns
Melee: 31
*cough shotty-melee cough*
Grenades: 15
Supers: 27

Non-Shotgun Guns
Auto Rifles: 13
Pulse Rifles: 11
Hand Cannons: 19
Scout Rifles: lol
Fusion Rifles: 5
Snipers: 0
Heavy weapons: 0, matches rarely last to the 6 minute spawn

Shotguns
Shotguns: ONE HUNDRED and TWENTY FOUR

51% of every kill was a shotgun. It's still fun to play because DGAF is awesome but Crucible is broken and Inferno is terrible. Just my 2 cents, as always.

That's hilarious and kind of sad at the same time. I've been filling my vault with primaries but I should have been stacking shotguns instead.

E92 M3

So with the companion app being able to swap gar around so easily, can I delete my my extra ice breakers, songs of ir yut, and all my other duplicates? I feel like I don't need them, but I'm nervous about sharding them.

Certain weapons I like to keep on everyone, but if you don't care go ahead and shard.

Got accepted to GAF and got my Saint-14 on the same day. Just the Knucklehead Radar and Sunbreakers left to finish my exotic armor collection. :D

Welcome aboard child of summer.

Look at this 50ppp peasant...

:p

I knew you'd say that lol. I like 50ppp!

Posted this in the LFG thread on gaming side, but no hits as of yet so I will repeat it here ...

Looking to organize a "Raiding Party" trophy run (PS4) for afternoon-ish (EST) tomorrow (Saturday March 7th). We only need to run the final boss (Atheon or Crota) in the same clan and not the whole Raid. We would do it on normal and whichever raid we can get a checkpoint for.

Any takers?

1. keakster

There is also already a clan set up to facilitate this -> Achieve Trophies GAF

Might be able to make it. Level 31 Titan without the GHorn. I'd be a bit of a noob at it, but I'll study up. Also need the Clan strike trophy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man, Hawkmoon ain't no joke in pvp. Kind of wish I would of gotten my hands on it before they nerfed hand cannons though.
It was... troubling. And I say that as someone using and loving it since a few weeks after launch. after the initial AR nerf, it was one of the only guns remaining that was actually competitive at sniper rifle range.

still excellent to this day. i just love it so much.

I feel like I've always used TLW "wrong" somehow and haven't felt the nerf badly at all. Mine isn't even upgraded to the second perk, but I always chose my shots without using fan fire at range, and used hip fire in close. Still feels really good to me. I'd like to play with more but there are just too many guns I enjoy to use them all regularly. It'd be on my Titan but he's deeply embroiled in a love affair with Red Death at the moment.

That has been the only thing that is frustrating me when I run just Normal Crota's End -- even as a 31-32 guardian, it still takes 2 rounds to kill a Thrall or Acolyte.

It sounds like I want a Badger or Ghaleon's Demise, but I wanna make sure they'll get the job done.
One headshot, you mean, right? Gheleon's or Badger CCL will definitely do that for you. I don't think any scout rifles can single body-shot enemies?
Second NF: Crusader scout rifle with Outlaw and Third Eye. Same stats as the Saterienne Rapier. Gonna dismantle.
That would be an awesome all-around PvP Scout...

Shockingly we almost lost one today (15k - 14.7k) because I was too busy complaining about Inferno and PvP in general. Just for fun, I added up the kills of each type from two random matches this morning. Both were played on Anomaly which skews it some and all the usual caveats apply (minuscule sample size, playing in a group vs. playing with rando's, etc), but....

Non-Guns

Non-Shotgun Guns

Shotguns

51% of every kill was a shotgun. It's still fun to play because DGAF is awesome but Crucible is broken and Inferno is terrible. Just my 2 cents, as always.

I would like to think I contributed a sizeable portion to the handcannon kills...

Look at this 50ppp peasant...

:p

I just switched, and while it's funny seeing people posting at 50s all excited in the middle of the page, the extra scrolling to navigation is

OsHBXfs.png

I'm going back.

Namikaze1

I just switched, and while it's funny seeing people posting at 50s all excited in the middle of the page, the extra scrolling to navigation is

OsHBXfs.png

I'm going back.
I'm on 50ppp on mobile for this reason. I hate scrolling so much on it. When on my laptop, I switch back to 100ppp because I can scroll a hell of a lot more faster on it.

Non-Guns

Non-Shotgun Guns

Shotguns

the only map that 51% will drop below 30% is skyshock.

the only map that 51% will drop below 30% is skyshock.

I want custom games Bungie! Shotguns only Skyshock!

/Begins watching The Hobbit

*sees player 400 yards away* *other player sees me* *we run at each other*

/The Hobbit ends

*we get within range*

*we both shoot each other*

So, does anybody here on DestinyGAF play the game on XB1? I realize PS4 is by far the most popular platform on GAF in general, but my friends are on XB1 and we consistently need 2-3 people to fill out raid teams on Tuesdays and Sundays. Just looking for some people to add to the friends list.

Add BlueNinja BE

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
mj-laughing.gif

I've been playing skirmish almost exclusively since the patch, and there are really only 3 primaries in the game

TLW
Thorn
The legendary weapon you equip but never use when you switch to Truth for heavy ammo.

Maybe the mythoclast and hawkmoon make an appearance, but the DPS in 1v1 is rarely there.

I totally agree with this post, except I now have Radegast's Fury, so I roll with Thorn all day.

Rubenov

Non-Guns

Non-Shotgun Guns

Shotguns

As I said, Felwinter's Lie has made me a blinking shotgunning mofo

That has been the only thing that is frustrating me when I run just Normal Crota's End -- even as a 31-32 guardian, it still takes 2 rounds to kill a Thrall or Acolyte.

Fully upgraded Badger does a little over 1200 on each precision hit. Will one-hit most anything that isn't yellow.

nOoblet16

I wish I had the glimmer to buy Felwinter's Lie when it was available. It was too late at night and I was feeling too sleepy, barely managed enough glimmer to get the Ghaleon's Demise on the last day and then I just wanted to sleep. Now I regret doing that :(

I wish I had the glimmer to buy Felwinter's Lie when it was available. It was too late at night and I was feeling too sleepy, barely managed enough glimmer to get the Ghaleon's Demise on the last day and then I just wanted to sleep. Now I regret doing that :(

I almost had this problem.

I only had 6K of the 9K needed.

Thankfully I had a stockpile of those +200 glimmer turn ins kept in my vault and I busted 15 of them out to cover my costs.

This was like 4 hours before the Tuesday reset, so I was really pushing it.

At Sepiks Prime in the Nightfall.

PSN ArkkAngel007

There's a bounty for Sepiks today, so no excuse lol

I finished the Nightfall on my warlock today before I checked the bounties. Many tears were had.

Especially because the goddamn light bulb managed to wipe us one time.

Got TFWPKY from a legendary engram. Clown cartridge, third eye, and send it. Is this a keeper?
Decent roll, but the real/secret tell if it's a keeper is the sights. Anything with "target acqusition" equates to better auto-aim (don't know if this translates to PvP, though). I've got one with Sureshot IS, which has "snapshot sight/excellent handling/superb target acquision". Paired with the right gloves, it's wonderful to use.

So, does anybody here on DestinyGAF play the game on XB1? I realize PS4 is by far the most popular platform on GAF in general, but my friends are on XB1 and we consistently need 2-3 people to fill out raid teams on Tuesdays and Sundays. Just looking for some people to add to the friends list.

i do! gamertag is oddworld18. my play schedule is increasingly more erratic as my normal raid group is disbanding - but after 10:30 EST is pretty typical for me. i'd happily sub in if that time works.

LTWood12

Decent roll, but the real/secret tell if it's a keeper is the sights. Anything with "target acqusition" equates to better auto-aim (don't know if this translates to PvP, though). I've got one with Sureshot IS, which has "snapshot sight/excellent handling/superb target acquision". Paired with the right gloves, it's wonderful to use.

It has Sureshot IS. Seemed like a decent roll to me w/ Send It and Third Eye. Think I'll keep it over TDYD (Field Scout, Spray&Play, Feeding Frenzy).

destinygaf is mostly ps4 because of the alpha and the beta. that's 8 extra days + the month in between that playstation had to play and discuss the game. it actually sold more copies on xbox one though

destinygaf is mostly ps4 because of the alpha and the beta. that's 8 extra days + the month in between that playstation had to play and discuss the game. it actually sold more copies on xbox one though

Really? Are you sure?

I've heard reports that the xbox sections of destinylfg.com and .net are both lacking compared to the PS counterparts.

Not quite accurate. It sold more stand alone units on XB1, but if you add in the PS4 bundle, it sold more on PS4. Still close regardless.

Deku Tree

destinygaf is mostly ps4 because of the alpha and the beta. that's 8 extra days + the month in between that playstation had to play and discuss the game. it actually sold more copies on xbox one though*

*Sold more on retail NPD on x1 not including bundles

In the rest of the world X1 is almost dead and probably Destiny outsold on ps4 in those places.
Edit: not to mention digital sales in NA, and the white ps4 bundle which looks to put Destiny on top in sales on ps4 even just talking about retail NPD.

Solar Final Rest II was the Nightfall reward, with the first having been 9 coins.

Thanks for the join Ambitions. Hope that Badger was a good roll at least.

Up for one last Nightfall.

ethomaz

Banned
The Destiny user base is more PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom