• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I still think secondary ammo as a whole needs to be reduced in PvP.

I truly think you should not start with an secondary ammo, and they should be on timers just like heavy.

Heavy spawns every 210 seconds. Lets put secondary ammo on a 90 second timer and reduce some of the ammo crates in each map. You should never be able to see two ammo crates on the screen at the time because they are that close together.

super meters would need to be reduced too, otherwise we'll have more bladedancers and less ammo to deal with them.

i think at that point you'd be treading the fine line between "balance" and "nerf everything until the game loses its identity".

border

Who was getting "dog-piled"?

Zoba says, "it actually sold more copies on xbox one though" and literally the next three thread replies are people immediately trying to correct him. I wouldn't necessarily call that a dog-pile, but responses tend to be stronger and more numerous on the Gaming General forum......perhaps it's just the bitter wages of wars fought in the NPD threads. I tend not to follow those beyond the Top Ten listing and Aquamarine's posts though.

Deku Tree

strikes with music on is pretty chill. repetitive perhaps, but entertaining nonetheless.

I agree the music is chill and I still like listening to it over and over again. I just wish we could silence all the nonsense dialog after playing obsessively for all this time.

I find Eris' VO work to be a cut above all the other actors. I like the way she enunciates things. :)

Oh, I totally forgot about Eris. Yeah, she actually stands out. So do people like the Brother and the Queen.

Hell, Crota has more fluctuation in his voice in The Wakening mission than most of the tower NPCs do in 90+ lines of dialogue.

super meters would need to be reduced too, otherwise we'll have more bladedancers and less ammo to deal with them.

i think at that point you'd be treading the fine line between "balance" and "nerf everything until the game loses its identity".

See I think supers would be used more to cancel each other out instead of hording for the heavy ammo announcement, but I can see your point. I just like longer TTK games and I feel like with each patch Destiny strays into shorter and shorter TTK numbers. It worries me a bit.

Zoba says, "it actually sold more copies on xbox one though" and literally the next three thread replies are people immediately trying to correct him. I wouldn't necessarily call that a dog-pile, but responses tend to be stronger and more numerous on the Gaming General forum......perhaps it's just the bitter wages of wars fought in the NPD threads. I tend not to follow those beyond the Top Ten listing and Aquamarine's posts though.

i suppose i could have avoided adding in that tidbit but i'd rather not be misinformed.

I agree the music is chill and I still like listening to it over and over again. I just wish we could silence all the nonsense dialog after playing obsessively for all this time.

i meant music in general, but i'll occasionally overdub the destiny soundtrack while the game itself is muted.

the way i expected shotguns to work wsa that you'd pull them out if an enemy got too close, or you'd use it to hold down a chokepoint. with blink in the game, they're given a ridiculous amount of offensive power to the point where it's more effective as a primary than any of the primaries on most maps.

If an enemy got too close you've failed and you're already dead. I treat shotguns the same way I treat blade dancers, you will never get close enough to kill me often. Snipers on the other hand I have a hard time dealing with, especially the ones that hide behind their team. If I have to kill 3 or 4 of your teammates before I can even get into range to kill a sniper it becomes very hard to kill them. I know the range of the weapons I use, and going up against snipers is not good for me, unless I go with a scout primary.

Nowise10

My Destiny was confused today.

Screenshot-Original.png

Oh, I totally forgot about Eris. Yeah, she actually stands out. So do people like the Brother and the Queen.

Hell, Crota has more fluctuation in his voice in The Wakening mission than most of the tower NPCs do in 90+ lines of dialogue.

See I think supers would be used more to cancel each other out instead of hording for the heavy ammo announcement, but I can see your point. I just like longer TTK games and I feel like with each patch Destiny strays into shorter and shorter TTK numbers. It worries me a bit.

the kill times were solid around the alpha and the beta. once our grenades and supers began recharging faster and we unlocked more lethal weapons, everything got quicker.

i think the whole "cut off one head, two will take its place" thing applies very well to destiny. if certain things are nerfed too much, i expect the sandbox will shrink to compensate. More Thorns, more Bladedancers, more Felwinter's Lie, more Truth, etc.

My point is that crucible was never broken. Many people claim that it is/was. The only thing that needed to be addressed was the range of auto rifles, an auto rifle should not be more effective than a scout rifle at range. But it did not really break the game mode.

I think it's broken in a fundamental way in that it takes too long to kill with a primary weapon relative to special weapons, heavies, supers and class abilities like shoulder charge. That would not be a problem if those other weapons/abilities weren't so abundantly available. Shotguns and fusion rifles are still broken, and they haven't really nerfed the special ammo. The other day in rumble this guy was coming at me and he was so far away that it didn't even cross my mind to shotgun him so I started shooting with TLW and next thing I know I'm dead from a shotgun blast. The guy was so far that I didn't even consider a shotgun yet he killed me with a shotgun with one shot. That to me is broken. Fusion rifles still have ridiculous range and with accelerated coils the person can charge and shoot before my primary weapon can even put a dent into their shields. So I think the problem with the crucible is that primaries take too long to kill so everyone resorts to the one hit kill methods which are abundantly available. Broken or not that just isn't fun for me, even if I figure out a way to do well.

Mindlog

Missed top of the page top of the vault.
Give us a minute. We're bonding.
Handgun check.
With hand loaded the baby blue will have almost the same range. I'd still trash it right? Never even bothered moting the Lash because I never use it either. Hrm, that's a good argument for trashing the Lash. Or both.

If an enemy got too close you've failed and you're already dead. I treat shotguns the same way I treat blade dancers, you will never get close enough to kill me often. Snipers on the other hand I have a hard time dealing with, especially the ones that hide behind their team. If I have to kill 3 or 4 of your teammates before I can even get into range to kill a sniper it becomes very hard to kill them. I know the range of the weapons I use, and going up against snipers is not good for me, unless I go with a scout primary.

I think the point he is arguing is the distance that is considered "too close" is much further than it should be.

In most games, just outside of melee range is shotgun range. Introducing blink into the mix means that AR/Fusion Rifle range is now shotgun range for certain players.

that's why i don't like blink. it removes "minimum safe distance" and is an active position negating ability.

border

Trivia Question:

Is there any way to kill yourself inside the tower besides jumping off the side of the building?

I've seen dead players in weird spots before but I don't really know how they're dying without launching into the abyss.

Trivia Question:

Is there any way to kill yourself inside the tower besides jumping off the side of the building?

I've seen dead players in weird spots before but I don't really know how they're dying without launching into the abyss.

There is a way to get to the top of the building Eris is on and do a wierd glitch to launch you across the Tower. I think the landing can kill you.

Deku Tree

Trivia Question:

If you do that trick where you jump up to the top of the buildings in the tower, and then you jump off of it do you die? (I have never done the jumping trick but it has been around since the alpha or the beta...)

Trivia Question:

You might be able to get enough height from the fan the take falling damage. Possibly the same with jumping from the top of the Vaults.

I remember I killed myself somehow in the Tower a few weeks ago, but I can't remember how I did it. I just remember my wife asking me how the hell did I do that.

Mindlog

There is a way to get to the top of the building Eris is on and do a wierd glitch to launch you across the Tower. I think the landing can kill you.
There's a killbox on the truss above the fan switch and when you're flying across the tower. You can survive the landing easily, but surviving the killbox can be tricky.

Trivia Question:

I've thought about hanging myself from how long it's taken to load in. Does that count?

But I only had the chair :(

HigXx

The best music in the game is when you activate the Bridge at the end of the Abyss, totally gets you psyched up for the Thralls and Ogres

stb

Handgun check.

With hand loaded the baby blue will have almost the same range. I'd still trash it right? Never even bothered moting the Lash because I never use it either. Hrm, that's a good argument for trashing the Lash. Or both.

The perk of kills making ammo going straight into the mag seems nutty on a HC with those stats.

I've been trying to pay more attention to blues lately, for PVP use.

Last night at work I heard the Destiny theme come out of someones phone when they were on the can.

I wanted to say hi and get their gamer id, but that seemed kinda awkward. Decided to leave and never found out who it was.

Missed top of the page top of the vault.
Give us a minute. We're bonding.

Handgun check.

Stop... the Lash with Outlaw is fuckin boss.

EASILY the best legendary HC in the game with that perk.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The best music in the game is when you activate the Bridge at the end of the Abyss, totally gets you psyched up for the Thralls and Ogres
Awesome in that the musical cues you to exactly when the path is clear too. I wish there were more moments like that, where it isn't just "hold out until everything's dead then progress forward leisurely" but "hold out until x occurs then run like hell."

Really cool fan-video visualizing changes Bungie can make to the game - including weapon skins and such.

Saw this on reddit.

Some really cool ideas there. The most useful would be using Synth without a menu and auto-dismantle of Greens.

Weapon shaders is a really cool idea. Don't know why they haven't done that.

Transmog is of course the solution to what they always said we could do, which is customize how we look in game. It's pretty sad that at Level 32, everyone is identical with the exception of maybe 1 exotic gear piece. So much for that customization.

Deku Tree

Some really cool ideas there. The most useful would be using Synth without a menu and auto-dismantle of Greens.

Transmog is of course the solution to what they always said we could do, which is customize how we look in game. It's pretty sad that at Level 32, everyone is identical with the exception of maybe 1 exotic gear piece. So much for that customization.

Bbbb.... But shaders!!!!

E92 M3

I could imagine transmog will be too much work for them to program based on everything we know. Weapon shaders, auto-dismantle and press X to Synth seem plausible. I'd love for more customization to be added. They need to at least allow us to change faces in the tower or something. Or race completely.

Really cool fan-video visualizing changes Bungie can make to the game - including weapon skins and such.

Saw this on reddit.

cool stuff. lol at the weasel

changing light level would be a big step in the right direction. i don't like having to wear armor just because of the level, especially when the stats aren't as good as lower level stuff.

Sullichin

eep

No Field Scout but Hammer Forged makes it pretty killer anyway. Gotta find a way to make use of this thing somehow...

Do it.

I have the same roll. I swear that "Who's Next" procs more frequently than only when you kill with the last round. Pls confirm that I'm not crazy!

Shito

Ok, not a totally crappy week at least: found the CE chest I was missing for my titan.
I now have a path to 32 on my 3 characters, yeah.

E92 M3

Why not? Do you want to use it? Are you low on materials?

I just want to mess around and definitely not low on materials. I'm just cheap and only max out weapons that have long-term potential. I know fusions have been nerfed and it's 300, but it seems very potent.

ethomaz

Banned
went from 14/100 to 26/100 today, took me about 4 hours, 2 hours to get to 16/100 before the scrubby shotgun blink started to click with me ;)
Yeap... you need close to 10 minutes do win a match...
I just loose 3 matches and won 15 for now...

Sullichin

520 Control Wins
202 Clash
114 Rumble
92 Skirmish
54 Salvage

Gotta get Skirmish and Salvage to rank 3
I don't understand how I don't have the max Servitor and Ogre kills cards yet.

But most importantly, I have 784 No Land Beyond kills between my two characters.

ethomaz

Banned
PS4 crashed when I was loosing my 4th Salvage match... lol

Edit - Who wants to do a Salvage train? Just sent me a message: ethomaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom