• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a question. I already have a helm of saint 14 on my titan with 106 intellect almost fully upgraded... Is it worth it to buy the one from xur since it has 114 intellect? Will it matter much?

LTWood12

Just soloed HM bridge for the first time: it really is the same thing as normal mode, only a bit longer. Got it on my first try.
Of course, would be much quicker if the damn game gave me a horn...
No weapon drop, so will have to try the same thing next week. ^^

How do you do the jump?

^^^^ Congrats Phaethon!!!

Hawkmoon hype! Grats man.

Phaethon get his White Whale. Happy for you.

And Phaethon leaves the no Hawkmoon club. It's just LiK and noomi now. :p

Congrats on the Hawkmoon!

congrats phaethon

edit: leaving that msg thread before i get deluge of notifications

lol, congrats.

Thank you!!

q8hjaxr.gif

And me :(

Congrats Phaetheon!

It took me forever. 1297hrs. I hope it won't take you that long.

My friend who plays has an unleveled Gjallarhorn AND that COD shader. Damn I get infuriated when I play with him and I see GH without wolfpack rounds. "It's not even good" he says.

Sounds like my friend who got a Hawkmoon months back. "This thing sucks. Has zero range, and it doesn't kill SHIT!"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey all, how's everyone doing. I'm in week 3 of 12+ weeks in the hospital. I have a long period ahead of me of rehabbing to get back to normalcy. I miss all of you and the enjoyment you I had with you all. I wish I could stay in contact daily but that is really hard to do. I have to wait till my baby bro comes so I could borrow his phone to even reach the outside world. No wifi in Jamaica Hospital and I'm just grinding the days so I can hear all your voices and have our regular banter. I started a Go Fund ME page to help me alleviate some monetary pressure, it would be appreciated if you took a look. http://www.gofundme.com/o3n8uk
Thanks GAF, I miss you all so much, from Cosmos falling asleep during raid, Private Hudson and family gathering, glam and his adorable morning time with his daughter, drizzay and our long sessions, and to all other DGAFfers I have had the fortune of grouping up with or hanging out. Hopefully I'll get to chat again in 2 weeks or so. The memories I created with ya'll keep me going strong.
Hey grave. wishing you all the best with your PT and I'll throw in what I can. Hope the next few weeks go by quick for you and we'll see you back in the tower before you know it.

i think the whole "cut off one head, two will take its place" thing applies very well to destiny. if certain things are nerfed too much, i expect the sandbox will shrink to compensate. More Thorns, more Bladedancers, more Felwinter's Lie, more Truth, etc.

I'm late to this convo but I think reduce the availability of special and tweak bladedancer up time a bit down evens that out. Bladedancer is countered by some other supers anyway so it seems okish other than the fact hunter is pretty clearly stacked for PvP :/.

I think weapon balance itself is getting close outside of some outliers like thorn, maybe some other specific weapons. Crazy range shotty, and fast charge fusion rifles are still around but reduce ammo to only really having 1 or 2 clips would keep that in check.

I dunno what to do about blink. I guess make something titan has actually any good (yeah yeah bubble bro orb fountain but that just let's everyone else kill stuff with actually useful supers)

Hopefully next patch does something drastic about special weapon slot anyway. I think it would be way more tactically interesting if I only ever have a clip of special.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So I have a question. I already have a helm of saint 14 on my titan with 106 intellect almost fully upgraded... Is it worth it to buy the one from xur since it has 114 intellect? Will it matter much?
don't even consider it

edit: Phaethon, welcome to the club

Sullichin

Yes the changes to special ammo did NOTHING in Crucible. Still no good reason to not use your shotgun as a primary weapon. I want to see it severely limited. Start me with one or two shells and lower the amount you get from the boxes.

Sullichin

Thank you!!

q8hjaxr.gif

It took me forever. 1297hrs. I hope it won't take you that long.

Sounds like my friend who got a Hawkmoon months back. "This thing sucks. Has zero range, and it doesn't kill SHIT!"
Lol zero range doesn't kill shit. Nah, it's pretty much the best weapon in the game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Those stats are nearly meaningless in this game. And that's too bad.

Quick question.

So i was finally able to do the raid and I got a Monte Carlo for my troubles.

Just wanted to know whether or not you get yellow weapons every time you complete the raid and also what the minimum recommended level is for hard mode on Vault of Glass (I'm 27)

Thanks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quick question.

So i was finally able to do the raid and I got a Monte Carlo for my troubles.

Just wanted to know whether or not you get yellow weapons every time you complete the raid and also what the minimum recommended level is for hard mode on Vault of Glass (I'm 27)

Thanks.
No,

Recommended is 30, earliest you can is 27. You can get to 31 solely from vendor gear however, and earn tons of ascendant materials in normal.

Holy crap, I had no idea that the Blacksmith Shader sells for $300 on eBay! Xbox version of it sells for $150. When is Activision's next big AAA game? I imagine they will be using this to drive pre-orders for quite some time.

destiny-blacksmith-shader.jpg

I had 3 codes of this, I used one. . I don't know what happened to the other 2. Welp going to use this shader all the time now.

The Ocho

Neo Member
Hey guys I just got my third character barely raid ready and am looking to get my raid on. I'd like to do 3 normal CE with at least 1 full run.

I would like to take my newly lvl 28 hunter on the full run but that would mean some of you fine folks would be carrying me. the other 2 runs can be whatever, my titan and warlock are both just trying to get the last piece of raid gear they need to hit 32.

PSN: thaOcho if anyone is interested

520 Control Wins
202 Clash
114 Rumble
92 Skirmish
54 Salvage

Gotta get Skirmish and Salvage to rank 3
I don't understand how I don't have the max Servitor and Ogre kills cards yet.

But most importantly, I have 784 No Land Beyond kills between my two characters.

Late in this but your servitor and ogres...

Well, majors don't count. It sucks.

Sullichin

From two Normal CE runs:

Ice Breaker
Patience & Time
No Land Beyond

The best snipers in the game. And Ice Breaker.

Wouldn't put P&T on a list of best snipers in the game . Its stability is pretty much the only thing that really makes it stand out, but it's still pretty weak for an exotic, better choices always for PVP and PVE

Late in this but your servitor and ogres...

Well, majors don't count. It sucks.

That's wild. Explains why I saw the grimiore progress for servitors pop while I was doing the first moon mission. I was like really, now you start counting them? I guess I can kill that servitor like 8 more times or whatever I'm missing.

Would anybody want to do some Crucible later? We need to save Rubenov from the rando's. I'm doing life stuff/eating dinner and can't play for a little while but it would be cool if we can get a team going again.

Just wanted to know whether or not you get yellow weapons every time you complete the raid and also what the minimum recommended level is for hard mode on Vault of Glass (I'm 27).

Exotic/yellow weapons have a random chance of dropping at certain points in the raids, not guaranteed. For VoG one of the chests by the Gorgons can give them and beating Atheon can give them. For Crota's End, the final two encounters have a chance to drop them.

For Hard VoG, you will have more fun the closer you get to 30, and the best experience at Lv30+. Being higher level than the enemies doesn't really matter, but being even 1 level below them puts you at a big disadvantage. Obviously still possible to have fun and learn the encounters, but I'd personally recommend Lv29 minimum and ideally Lv30 since it's much easier to get there with vendor gear and Xur-bought exotic armor.

edit: still chilling at Gorgons a bit longer, anyone can grab it on all their characters.... waiting to see if Lik shows up :p

no mic though, and apologies if I'm slow to wipe or don't wave back haha doing stuff IRL so might not be super responsive

I'm still down for that legit VoG run just for fun anytime. :p

Most definitely. Myself and Mr. Sword-o-Doom were talking about doing it sometime this weekend. I'm almost always around, so we'd just have to plan some time when 3 other lactose-intolerant individuals would want to do it... :)

>>Insert picture of TLord that definitely just dropped for me, no seriously<<

Awesome dude, congrats! Does this mean I can start dismantling a few of mine? I'm so excited I'll even forgive you scrubbing us up with PSN spam messages, haha.

Hey, at least Xur WILL sell yours before long. A PS exclusive (especially the ONLY S-tier one) to have for a holdout Exotic is hell. Pure hell.

Congrats dude ;)

And then there were two...

I got mine doing friggin Roc strikes. ROC STRIKES. I did so many Nightfalls, got so many coins and energy. I'm confident there are two ways to get rare guns - play more than humanly safe, or once per month. I chose the former. That's my only advice!

Captain Phaehab has nabbed Moby Moon.

You know Hawkmoon, we really are the last of us.

Hey, at least Xur WILL sell yours before long. A PS exclusive (especially the ONLY S-tier one) to have for a holdout Exotic is hell. Pure hell.

I got mine doing friggin Roc strikes. ROC STRIKES. I did so many Nightfalls, got so many coins and energy. I'm confident there are two ways to get rare guns - play more than humanly safe, or once per month. I chose the former. That's my only advice!

Yeah, I got my first Hawkmoon from the ROC too. The only Exotic I have ever gotten from ROC. Just completely random.

Funny, the only thing Exclusivity got for the PS4 is that the majority of the playerbase will never use them.

ugh, want to play but have to wait until wow progression is over -.- should be another week, the pain

haha you gave us the fake out when you started posting again :)

We're still doing reset raids like we used to, and I'm pretty much always around somewhere if you want to check out some of the new content whenever.

Thanks for the Gorgon Checkpoint!!!

Happy to help! No word from Lik so I'll probably close it down soon, can load it up again a bit later if he/anyone else is looking for it.

stb

Anyone need nightfall? I have it done on my characters but just finished up the Eris bounty and figured I'd see if anyone wanted to jump in and finish it. Just about to start the Devil Walker section.

If on my friends list just join and if not PSN GriP17-

Thanks for the NF and WH! I joined JUST in time to shoot Sepiks like twice. This was great, because I wasn't sure how I was gonna get my baby warlock through it. Thanks again!

GRIP

Any CE normal raids going on or just Crota (preferably the latter)? Still trying to get HoC. For some reason this game doesn't like giving me the raid rocket launchers.

Milennia

haha you gave us the fake out when you started posting again :)

We're still doing reset raids like we used to, and I'm pretty much always around somewhere if you want to check out some of the new content whenever.

:p took longer than expected to finish the tier :/

Coming back full force for sure when it's iver though
Looking to gear up for house of wolves etc get back into raiding fully basically if the team is still around

noomi

Yeah, I got my first Hawkmoon from the ROC too. The only Exotic I have ever gotten from ROC. Just completely random.

Funny, the only thing Exclusivity got for the PS4 is that the majority of the playerbase will never use them.

I've been grinding roc strikes for the past 2 months or so in hopes of the Hawkmoon drop. So far I've recieved plan c, Monte Carlo, no land beyond and universal remote from Roc's.

Ah well, I'll probably get it during fall when Xur sells it lol.

TheRefresher

Neo Member
Any CE normal raids going on or just Crota (preferably the latter)? Still trying to get HoC. For some reason this game doesn't like giving me the raid rocket launchers.

Getting ready to make a fresh run right now on PS4. My PSN ID is TheRefresher. Send a friend request if your want to join up.

GRIP

Thanks for the NF and WH! I joined JUST in time to shoot Sepiks like twice. This was great, because I wasn't sure how I was gonna get my baby warlock through it. Thanks again!

No probably man. I was kinda idle when you joined in because I was seeing if anyone else wanted to join, but it didn't seem like there was much interest. Glad I could help.

For some reason my little safe spot wasn't working out so well in the weekly. I was hoping you guys wouldn't finish him off before I could rejoin lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom