• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Painted a thing.

B_dj5ZcVEAEkexj.jpg:large

I don't count it because I'm always doing something else. My (total time - active time) = DGAF time, basically :p

edit: also there are many many hours where I've left the game turned on for w/e reason, just floating in orbit.

How many hours are giving Gorgon cp away? Game counts that as Active time I am sure. Hard to really calculate since we mess around a lot too.

Roc strike! It didn't pop up and something BARELY showed in the text. I was going to toss out the crap when I had a heart attack when I saw it.

Yeah, there can be surprises when you get 4 drops at the end. Sometimes get a ship or Legendary Engram that you didn't know about and find later.

Always be cautious with the mass dismantle sessions.

ultrazilla

Any SEXY(Kadey1ups clan) members or anyone else going to run fresh Crota or VOG normal/hard modes tonight? Need to get them in tonight. PSN/PS4 Kaijuseijin

What's the strategy for Salvage? I've never played it, and I figure I should get the trophy this weekend.

Pretty simple really, only a few things to keep in mind:

-Same as Skirmish: stick together, and always regroup after respawning. You want to be the team with the "last man standing" after an engagement. That way you keep everyone together and can cap or disable relics, grab heavy, etc.

-Similar to Control, use the relic spawn points as predictors for where the enemy is/will be. Don't blindly rush straight there, make sure you win the fight and then either cap or disable the relic. Time your super usage accordingly.

-The big score advantage only comes from actually securing a relic, not from activating vs. disabling a relic. You can disable their relic very quickly so don't worry if they cap one.

-Related: prioritize heavy ammo over capping a relic. Controlling the heavy will more than offset any score advantage they get from the relics if they ignore heavy.

ethomaz

Banned
savagggee

definitely down in like 15 mins.
Cool... send me an invite when you get ready ;)

Edit - Almost lost another match due a random dropping at the middle of the match... I had luck the other guy was really good (he did 4200 and me 3300).

Frenden

Banned
hank.PNG

Final? I have an eris pulp style cover planned after.

Thanks, guys. Glad you dig it. My non-Destiny pals just don't appreciate old Hank the Shank as much.

Sullichin

Just another sick No Land Beyond Rumble win, best weapon in the game.

y5gEP7.gif

Pretty sure the first two guys I killed were playing with each other. Might be the first time I ran into that

So my cousin (who's a really laid back and nice guy) was playing Crucible a little less than a week ago and was trying out different weapons and play-styles just for the hell of it. He's a pretty good player, but wanted to see if the pulse rifle buff was worth it, etc.

So a game ends. He does really poorly because of his weapon combo, but he's fine with that, wants to try out new things. But after the game ends he gets a ton of angry PSN messages - both from people on the other team and from people on his team.

Then he gets a party invite. It's like 11pm and he doesn't know this person, but he accepts it. The guy who sent the invite asks him what guns he has, then calls him a nerd while my cousin laughs it off.

My cousin leaves the party, goes to the tower, does a few things then logs off and heads to bed.

So why was he getting all of this ire after the match?

lCweLNS.png

Sullichin

So my cousin (who's a really laid back and nice guy) was playing Crucible a little less than a week ago and was trying out different weapons and play-styles just for the hell of it. He's a pretty good player, but wanted to see if the pulse rifle buff was worth it, etc.

So a game ends. He does really poorly because of his weapon combo, but he's fine with that, wants to try out new things. But after the game ends he gets a ton of angry PSN messages - both from people on the other team and from people on his team.

Then he gets a party invite. It's like 11pm and he doesn't know this person, but he accepts it. The guy who sent the invite asks him what guns he has, then calls him a nerd while my cousin laughs it off.

My cousin leaves the party, goes to the tower, does a few things then logs off and heads to bed.

lCweLNS.png

lol nice. Can't believe people would bother to send hate mail. He also has the highest grimiore score out of anyone on his team, implying he played as much or more than everyone else, if anything he deserves it the most.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

http://i.imgur.com/lCweLNS.png
I don't have a Ghorn after 1000+ hours but have every other exotic. TBH I would have been pretty mad and annoyed if I was in that game. It's just RNG though, can't do anything about it.

GhaleonEB

lCweLNS.png
Oh the tears must have been amazing.

CE Normal Normal. We'll boot it up as soon as we get a group.
1 LTWood12
2. T-44
3). Ghaleon_EB

The only music I hear now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7e2tIR-x2A

Welcome to the "now what?" Club

I used to say that if I had the gun I'd be unstoppable (pre-nerf). Now we'll see. I just want to play PvP. I love Red Death (reminds me of a hybrid Halo Battle Rifle) I just feel relieved to not have to keep hoping for Nightfall scraps.

The irony of getting it 3 days after I officially gave up the hunt is not lost on me. I was just hoping to hit the Vanguard marks cap for the week.

Hell I'm still living off the residuals from leasing the rights to this salt mine last month!

This game man.

Oh and thanks to everyone still trapped in the mass PSN message (iRAWR). I felt like your praise was lifting me hig-

i5Tdgpj.gif

stb

No probably man. I was kinda idle when you joined in because I was seeing if anyone else wanted to join, but it didn't seem like there was much interest. Glad I could help.

For some reason my little safe spot wasn't working out so well in the weekly. I was hoping you guys wouldn't finish him off before I could rejoin lol.

Yeah, I figured you were rejoining because you died in a hard to revive spot. I laid off Sepiks, and the other guy wasn't doing much, anyway.

Ghazi

Why do people use IB in Crucible lmao. Yeah sniping is already easy but you're just hurting yourself with the ridiculous recoil.

99% of the time I run Praedyth's, but I was just trying to get XP for it. I don't worry to much about recoil because I know I can usually get the headshot and then recenter quickly for another kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom