• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Tempering. Maybe do some easy bounties early in the week but otherwise just wait for the weekend when the buff is huge.

Even then, it is ridiculous. The wiki says you need a total of 8700 rep to get to rank 5.

With tempering, you get about 100 rep per win on the last couple days? That is still 87 wins. Most bounties are out of my league. There are probably only 3 or 4 I could reasonably complete. That barely makes a dent.

looking to get a normal ce group going. All classes 32 but I would like to use my lock as I still need gloves.

Who's down?

Psn Robdraggoo

Izuna

Banned
Playing on my friend's account. Got LV29 in one week (from nothing), has Another NITC with Firefly, which I prefer over my Fatebringer, has HoC and Raid Boots and Hands. He has a Swordbeaker which is fucking awesome.

All he needs is ONE strange coin for the Ice Breaker. Maaaan this is taking so long.

EDIT: Just got a Legendary for LV30 and Strange Coin from one RoC!!!!!

Now I can run him through Hard Raid yaaaay

Even then, it is ridiculous. The wiki says you need a total of 8700 rep to get to rank 5.

With tempering, you get about 100 rep per win on the last couple days? That is still 87 wins. Most bounties are out of my league. There are probably only 3 or 4 I could reasonably complete. That barely makes a dent.

To be perfectly honest I'd only recommend IB for people that actually enjoy Crucible. Of course there are no guarantees, but the loot system is so much better in CE. I'd keep the faith you'll get the boots before the next IB. I always feel bad during IB when there are so many posts from people that don't enjoy PvP but just want the gear/weapons, not worth the aggravation imo.

That said, you'd be surprised how easy some of the bounties are and they give huge rep later in the week, especially once you can buy the emblem, shader and class armor for additional 30% bump. Of course that adds the glimmer grind, which gets really steep if you want multiple armors/weapons...

Rank 5 is definitely a grind, and my golden rule is to minimize time spent doing things I don't enjoy for their own sake (pretty close to 0 nowadays).

Anyone here willing to take this lonely 31 through Crota Hard? I really need a good rocket or raid gear at this point -__-

Lv31 is completely fine for everything in HM CE except using the sword. I can help sometime if there's a group for it, done it many many times with 31s and even some 30s.

To be perfectly honest I'd only recommend IB for people that actually enjoy Crucible. Of course there are no guarantees, but the loot system is so much better in CE. I'd keep the faith you'll get the boots before the next IB. I always feel bad during IB when there are so many posts from people that don't enjoy PvP but just want the gear/weapons, not worth the aggravation imo.

That said, you'd be surprised how easy some of the bounties are and they give huge rep later in the week, especially once you can buy the emblem, shader and class armor for additional 30% bump. Of course that adds the glimmer grind, which gets really steep if you want multiple armors/weapons...

Rank 5 is definitely a grind, and my golden rule is to minimize time spent doing things I don't enjoy for their own sake (pretty close to 0 nowadays).

Yeah, I'm reasonably confident I will get Raid boots in the next couple weeks so that isn't too much of an issue. I wouldn't say I don't enjoy Crucible (I'm average at best), I just generally prefer to do PvE instead. However, after looking into Gheleon's Demise, I am sold. I need that gun now, for PvE purposes. I didn't pay much attention to it before, but it's on my must have list now. I promise not to be one of those aggravated posters :p

Anyone here willing to take this lonely 31 through Crota Hard? I really need a good rocket or raid gear at this point -__-

If you are primarily interested in a Rocket Launcher and Raid Gear, then Normal Crota is your best bet. It will go a lot faster and the RL can only be dropped on Normal mode.

By all means, do a Hard mode run as well if you want too. You have a better shot at the Helm there as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
B_drfjrUgAACciq.jpg:large
and 2 cruxes, lol

Mengetsu

If you are primarily interested in a Rocket Launcher and Raid Gear, then Normal Crota is your best bet. It will go a lot faster and the RL can only be dropped on Normal mode.

By all means, do a Hard mode run as well if you want too. You have a better shot at the Helm there as well.
I finished all my normal runs with all my characters. All i have left is hard mode with them :(

Pathogen pls. You only have 840 hours active time played. Unless you deleted 450 hrs worth of alts....

I don't know why you wouldn't count loading into the Tower. You know, the Tower where you decrypt all your worthless Engrams that turn into Thunderlords?

Poor JGW did delete a character worth about 300hrs (or 2.5 James Francos). I'm glad I kept the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom