• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

7th straight win! We're getting all Shut Outs! Trying to get Ji66a his Guardian Lord with Triple Play!

I was actually going to ask the other day what the best way to get this trophy is. I'm awful at Crucible and killing one of each class before I die seems crazy unlikely.

I was actually going to ask the other day what the best way to get this trophy is. I'm awful at Crucible and killing one of each class before I die seems crazy unlikely.

Hmm I thought this one was really easy, I got this in my very first crucible match back in September. Golden gunned 3 players in control.

Would probably be easier with striker or voidwalker. Load up control, find the enemy team grouped together at B or C and destroy them with fist of havok / nova bomb.

You have to do it in QUICK SUCCESSION as we just found out :/. Probably best to use Golden Gun or a Rocket Launcher. I got it early in play time but I didn't remember how I got it.

B_gLWcKWYAAdc-K.jpg:large

9-0 Salvage run! And I maxed out this. Beat ya Yzen! You could if you cared!

Also I haven't lost a match since I've gotten it. Jus sayin'. Gun's still good.

You have to do it in QUICK SUCCESSION as we just found out :/. Probably best to use Golden Gun or a Rocket Launcher. I got it early in play time but I didn't remember how I got it.

9-0 Salvage run! And I maxed out this. Beat ya Yzen! You could if you cared!

Also I haven't lost a match since I've gotten it. Jus sayin'. Gun's still good.

No aggressive ballistics? Come on son.

nOoblet16

Hmm I thought this one was really easy, I got this in my very first crucible match back in September. Golden gunned 3 players in control.

Would probably be easier with striker or voidwalker. Load up control, find the enemy team grouped together at B or C and destroy them with fist of havok / nova bomb.
Best way to do it is just kill everyone without thinking about the trophy, when you think about the trophy and spend time recognising classes and such it takes away from your reaction time.

Exploding+penetrating Golden gun with a Tracking rocket launcher is the safest combination to get this trophy.l, I got it with Bladedancer though. Cobtrol is indeed thr best mode for this. The biggest issue with this trophy is to find a game where you have all three classes in the first place :p

So, inferno matches are around 5-6 minutes long, right?

Sounds like the best place to knock out the crucible marks trophy.

Most of our matches with a full team are 4-6 minutes, depends on the map. I imagine with randoms it would be longer, but definitely a good place to max Crucible marks. Extremely fast matches for sure, also really easy to win if you have a team to give call-outs for each other.

Yeah, have to kill all three classes rapidly. Best bet is to do Control and try to get lucky spamming a Fist of Havoc or rocket launcher at a control point that the other team is capping/grouped around. There's no trick to it otherwise, just have to get lucky with the classes that happen to be there.

Dunk#7

Crota's End - Full Run - Normal Mode

**would have easily had this done by now, but winter storm Thor stole my power for a few days.

Still need hunger of crota. Experienced swordbearer and I can solo us through the abyss

1. Dunk7

RetroMG

Thanks for the advice on Crucible. I've barely played it since the game came out, but I realized the other day that most of the trophies left between me and Guardian Lord are Crucible Trophies, so I figure I'd better get to work on them.

No games for me tonight. The wife is have a bachelorette party at the house, so I have to get lost for like 7 hours or something tonight. Plus, spend the better half of the daytime cleaning and preparing for chicks to be all over my house.

No games for me tonight. The wife is have a bachelorette party at the house, so I have to get lost for like 7 hours or something tonight. Plus, spend the better half of the daytime cleaning and preparing for chicks to be all over my house.

Sounds like it's time for the Liver's End raid.

Even Flawless Raider should be pretty easy when running Crota's End with Level 33-35 teams.

Flawless is extremely easy right now on NM CE. Being higher level than the enemies makes very little difference, the slight boost in higher defense rating isn't important. You don't do any additional damage being higher level, only higher attack rated weapons would do more damage. But you don't need more damage on flawless runs, you just need everyone to play safely, i.e. runs are never wiped because you didn't have enough DPS.

After getting the salvage trophy last night, I just need the ghost hunter and flawless raider trophy. I should probably try to get in a flawless group some time this weekend.

How'd the Salvage matches go for you/how'd you like the game mode?

Not sure if Hudson or some of the others that have expressed interest still want to do it but I'd be happy to sherpa a run sometime. #Cash-4-Flawless, trophy guaranteed in < 1 hr or your money back.

Skele7on

Banned
I need to do x3 crota hard runs and also would like to try flawless crota..

Let me know if you're up for this.

Nightfall rewards were awful this week.

But considering I got Gjallahorn I seriously cannot complain this week.

Flawless is extremely easy right now on NM CE. Being higher level than the enemies makes very little difference, the slight boost in higher defense rating isn't important. You don't do any additional damage being higher level, only higher attack rated weapons would do more damage. But you don't need more damage on flawless runs, you just need everyone to play safely, i.e. runs are never wiped because you didn't have enough DPS.

How'd the Salvage matches go for you/how'd you like the game mode?

Not sure if Hudson or some of the others that have expressed interest still want to do it but I'd be happy to sherpa a run sometime. #Cash-4-Flawless, trophy guaranteed in < 1 hr or your money back.

I liked the game type. We ran into some good teams, including a team full of thorn users, and got smoked, but eventually we started winning. It takes a while to really grasp what's going on, especially since I'm so used to control. Accidently started playing it on the DLC maps at first, and those are pretty awful for the game type. Once we switched to the old maps it went a lot better.

I should be around most of the weekend. I'll keep an eye out to see if a flawless CE group starts coming together.

todd360

Just missing Triple Play on PS4 to get Guardian Lord on both systems.

Sorry but you can only be a guardian lord on ps4. Hawkmoon and guardian lord status belong to us.

Hawwwkiannnnn! Why's he on the list? This is all we got once Xbox gets the exclusive weapons and strikes.

Just missing Triple Play on PS4 to get Guardian Lord on both systems.

Have you run into many salvage teams with 1 of each class? Always felt like control had the best odds for getting lucky with that trophy.

It takes a while to really grasp what's going on, especially since I'm so used to control.

Did you see my post last night with a few salvage strat tips?

Not saying much given the competition, but it's my favorite Destiny pvp mode. I like how the relic spawn points are dynamic and keep teams moving around the map, instead of just hunkering down on two points in Control.

Magik

I need to do x3 crota hard runs and also would like to try flawless crota..

Let me know if you're up for this.

Nightfall rewards were awful this week.

But considering I got Gjallahorn I seriously cannot complain this week.

I'm down to run HM CE. I need to run it with my 32 warlock and a quick Abyss/bridge run with my hunter.

Most of our matches with a full team are 4-6 minutes, depends on the map. I imagine with randoms it would be longer, but definitely a good place to max Crucible marks. Extremely fast matches for sure, also really easy to win if you have a team to give call-outs for each other.

Sounds like a plan, I'll join the next inferno train you or other gaffers organize over the weekend :)

Anyone want to do the daily?

Xion385

I'll join, need that xp to level up helm of saint.

Nvm looks like you're full.

People connections are getting wonky lately, getting disconnected left and right...

I was having this problem yesterday, was booted at least 8 times - different error each time.

What's today's daily?

*sees it's The Wankening*

Oh well, no Necrochasm Daily today. :D

You're weak, guardian.

Finally got Triple Play playing Inferno Control with GAF using the Universal Remote. Guardian Lord x2 get.

haha nice, Control is definitely the way to go. Congrats!

BOOM, GAF! I DID IT! I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST 32! SHOUT OUT TO THIS AWESOME COMMUNITY!

Awesome, and congrats to you as well!

Sounds like a plan, I'll join the next inferno train you or other gaffers organize over the weekend :)

Looks like some guys are playing now, not sure if there's a spot open but you might be able to hop on that train. I'll help with flawless runs or HM sword stuff, but otherwise probably won't be playing. Destiny-depression has been setting in again and relic-only Templar is the only thing I feel like doing when that happens, haha.

Gammacide

BOOM, GAF! I DID IT! I FINALLY GOT MY FIRST 32! SHOUT OUT TO THIS AWESOME COMMUNITY!

I just need to do it two more times.
Glad I could be a part of it! I do love this community. :)

And if anyone in the future wants to take a raid n00b along at some point during any raid that'd be great. I have lots of 331 weapons of all sorts, but no raid weapons or armor obviously yet. Just a Lvl 31 hunter, Lvl 30 warlock, and a Lvl 30 Titan. I've been as far as the gatekeepers on VoG and that's it sadly. :/ PS4 ID: V1ctIm

So I've been exclusively using Lord High Fixer (aka the poor man's Hawkmoon) since I can't manage to get the real thing. Almost identical stats without the bonus damage rounds obviously and the sights aren't as good, but it's a decent substitute til next Fall when I'll hopefully just be able to buy the real thing.

I've been tearing it up with this thing though.

ethomaz

Banned
so now people in the destiny subreddit are defending No Land Beyond as a good exotic because you can run a shotgun setup with it? *shakes head*
For PVP I have to agree... started to play shoty this week and it is a blast... sometimes I can hold 3 guys alone a close range in matter of seconds.

I'm using the AR from CE to level up but I always go to close range so I didn't use it that much... I can see using the No Land Beyond but...

Thunderlord is my main Exotic... when I got ammo I can kill 5-6 guys in matter of seconds each... it is so much fun... for me it is the best PVP weapon in Destiny.

ocean

Banned
I'm gonna find the rest of the ghosts. A few hours ago when I got Guardian Lord I figured I'd stop but I kind of liked the hunt and have 18 more to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom