• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Anyone on XB1 that still plays regularly? It's about time I find some people to do stuff with and I'd rather find them on here than LFG. I've never done a raid before (but get the basics of how both work), I've attempted a nightfall with other people (which went great if by great you mean "got stuck on the first part of Nexus due to level") and finished one solo, and have mostly been getting by on vendor items and extreme luck with engrams and packages. So, my guardians are kinda weak in comparison to some of the people I find in the Crucible.

I have:
Level 31 Warlock 100% Sunsinger/ 100% Voidwalker
Level 29 Hunter 100% Gunslinger/ 100% Bladedancer (close to 30)
Level 28 Titan 95% Defender/ 0% Striker (just need some TDB limbs to reach 30)

GT is TheDarkOrchid, if you want to send a PM telling me who you are should you add me, that would be great. I'd mostly like to just finally be able to do some of the things I'm locked out of, like raids and the Nightfall (without torturing myself by doing it solo).

No worries if you can't tonight. Just send me a message whenever

Keep getting booted from PvP today... I usually stay away from this mode anyway, so this is really discouraging. Anyone else having red bar/connection issues on XB1.

I'm awful. Using the Swordbreaker does make it a little more fun, though.

If you want later on I can help for a few hours and show you guys the ropes in the raids

Rehsa

Going to try to organize a flawless Crota for Tuesday, starting around 430 EST if you're up for it

I would like to but I am still working at that time :/ I usually do not get on until pretty late. Thanks for looking out though

Edit: Ghosts get, 2 trophies left! If I would have been less lazy and checked I could have been a GLord quite a while ago probably

Iceman829

Sure let me know when you have some time later. I can get on my 30 titan for either VoG or CE. Whichever you prefer.

I would suggest the CE raid to start with just based on it being easier, shorter and has the chance to reward with the highest level gear. We can do it the normal way and I can also teach you guys how to clear sections when you can't find a full squad, so you can still get the weekly loot. VoG takes a bit more time since it has more sections and the battles last longer. Either way level 30/31 characters shouldn't have too many issues once you guys know your way around.

TheOddOne

Well..

animation1ojb52.gif

played, Mr. Thrall.

I would suggest the CE raid to start with just based on it being easier, shorter and has the chance to reward with the highest level gear. We can do it the normal way and I can also teach you guys how to clear sections when you can't find a full squad, so you can still get the weekly loot. VoG takes a bit more time since it has more sections and the battles last longer. Either way level 30/31 characters shouldn't have too many issues once you guys know your way around.
Great. I'll let you know when my friend is on tonight and hopefully we well have a full fireteam.

sikkinixx

Question:

So I'm level 24, is the best route for leveling up faster just grinding Strikes to get my Vanguard level up/more marks and buying purple gear? I wanted to buy some stuff from Xur but I only have 12 strange coins (argh) so that will have to wait.

Also... I don't have the expansion pack yet but aside from the story missions/a strike is that holding me back at all? Am I missing out on gear because it seems like a lot of the stuff I have as the little expansion logo on the top right corner already?

shermas

If you want later on I can help for a few hours and show you guys the ropes in the raids

Thanks, Ice... you've helped me with the Gorgon checkpoint in VoG a couple times. I won't be on much tonight, but I'd be up for it another time. Especially CE.

I've done VoG a few times now and know the general drill, but the one time I did CE it was a mess...

Iceman829

Not sure, out right now and if we have any rollers at home I'll have to do some painting. If I get on, it'll probably be around 8 or 9 :/

I think that would work out fine. It seems like everyone would be on around that time. What time zone are you anyway? I always forget.

Sofa King

Took my newly leveled Saint 14 helm to see Uzok the Unwed. Bubble and the first raid shotgun makes that a piece of cake. Kinda sad actually since he kicked my ass hard a few times back in the day.

LTWood12

Anyone want to help me finish off normal Crota? I would run sword normally, but I'll be on my level 30 hunter. So need someone to do it.

1.ltwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom