• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is A-tier if not for some arbitrary exclusion to compare it against?

S-tier would be perfect or near perfect and A-tier would simply be an indisputably good map, of which i no longer think Destiny has. as for what maps from other games i'd put in those categories, i'm not the best person to ask considering my unreasonably high standards.

the meta game evolves over time and i think most of the game's maps are very shallow in that regard; the ones that play the same as they did when the game launched have not changed in my favor. as for others, specifically the bolded ones and those recently added to playlists they ought not to be in, they've gotten considerably worse as players exploit their fundamental flaws. burning shrine is perhaps the best example - i don't know how i didn't notice there were only 3 doors into 60% of the map, with the other 30% holding meaninginful height advantage and visually protected sightlines (sunglare) to counter it. i let my bias towards its opening theme and aesthetics cloud my judgement of it, but now that I've seen how it truly plays, i'm inclined to skip it whenever it shows up.

FWIW I don't run around with blink shotgun so I automatically dislike maps with a lot of corners.

So, I found a Badger CCL in a blue engram. It has Zen Moment ("Weapon gains stability as it causes damage."), Firefly ("Targets explode when killed with precision damage."), and also has Explosive Rounds ("Rounds from this weapon explode and cause splash damage.").

Is this thing as good as I think it might be?

Highest scout rifle impact in the game. It's money with firefly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
this guy
B7Mm8K8CUAABwK1.jpg:large

So, I found a Badger CCL in a blue engram. It has Zen Moment ("Weapon gains stability as it causes damage."), Firefly ("Targets explode when killed with precision damage."), and also has Explosive Rounds ("Rounds from this weapon explode and cause splash damage.").

Is this thing as good as I think it might be?

In my haste to warn about Explosive rounds I never commented on the rest of the gun.

Badger, being the highest impact scout rifle there is, Firefly is the Holy Grail of perks for it. That alone makes it a devastating weapon.

Zen Moment will nicely compemensate for its low stability, however it isn't as great as it sounds since low rate of fire and 1 shot trash mob kills makes low stability a non factor.

What are the other selectable perks?

Either way, this is a keeper and I am jealous.

In my haste to warn about Explosive rounds I never commented on the rest of the gun.

Badger, being the highest impact scout rifle there is, Firefly is the Holy Grail of perks for it. That alone makes it a devastating weapon.

Zen Moment will nicely compemensate for its low stability, however it isn't as great as it sounds since low rate of fire and 1 shot trash mob kills makes low stability a non factor.

I love my Badger with Outlaw and Firefly. I roll with flared magwell for my middle perk for constant instantaneous reloads.

keakster

Best fun run team ever. Thanks for carrying my 30 scrub Hunter through The first time! Guess I should go get a husk of the pit now...

I was using gift of the void and alpha lupi, so orbs for days. Hope someone got a pic of all those bubbles.

No issues man; that was an awesome group to run with. I'm glad we ran your Hunter through hard instead of normal. And besides you carried us through the DS!

I'm always up for padding my Raid completion stats... with those two runs I now have more HM Crota clears than NM

I love my Badger with Outlaw and Firefly. I roll with flared magwell for my middle perk for constant instantaneous reloads.

That is a damn good gun. That is just about the Gjallarhorn of Scout Rifles.

The only thing that could make it better is Field Scout instead of Flared Magwell. I would put it on my hunter with Chain of Woe for fast reload, which isn't as important with Field Scout

Really wish the Gunsmith could do some actual Smithing. Give us Legendary re-roll like IB gear. Hell, give us a crafting system. Let us choose our perks if we have the right materials etc. Maybe it could be obsecenely expensive to craft your perfect gun, but I would take that as an option in a heartbeat.

Deku Tree

Thanks to everyone who was running ROC strikes with me. Finally got my first ROC ship. "Scorpio Miracle". A boat!

Also WoL + shotguns makes the psion flayers from the dust palace strike go down like level four dregs on earth patrol. Lolz.

and I can't stand firebase delphi in control, lol
Firebase Delphi is a lot of fun as long as you're playing with a team who understands the importance of A. Once you've got (and defend) A, then you get to attack/protect B from above, and then guard that window between B and C.

And by "guard that window" I of course mean "stand there with a shotgun and laugh as they keep trying to jump in".

200xp left in 9000 bounty. Tried to use horn in last kill. Enemy jumps in front and boom. Have to restart bounty over.

I was 50xp away from it and a Minotaur killed me during the activity complete screen. I was so pissed.

Ah, know that feeling

So frustrating. I always try to play those safe towards the end. I think I found your mistake though.

That sucks but it never happens to me because this is what I do:

Get bounty.
Do lvl 30 daily.
If I don't die in the daily, bounty done.

If I die, I'll end up with 7500+ xp at the end.
Load up fist of crota, kill adds and swordbearer. Bounty done.

Deku Tree

Anyone know where to find the guide on reddit that explains how to remove your primary slot without the crux and only have seconday and heavy weapon slots so you get infinite heavy ammo drops?

Something about destroying a blue primary weapon and then equipping it using the app at the same time as it is destroyed... Idk.

Thanks to everyone who was running ROC strikes with me. Finally got my first ROC ship. "Scorpio Miracle". A boat!

Also WoL + shotguns makes the psion flayers from the dust palace strike go down like level four dregs on earth patrol. Lolz.

Sounds like a blast. I haven't done a lot of ROC strikes since the Shotgun buff, but I plan to do that next chance I get.

Liberal use of WoL and tons of Shotgun action should be stupid fun. 2 Defender Titans with a Warlock or Hunter to feed them orbs would be ideal.

In regards to PVP maps, only ones I can't stand right now probably is Asylum and the Anomaly. They are a blast when your team is good but they are probably the only maps that if my team is getting shitted on, I'll probably get shitted on as well by proxy. Every other map I can probably still go on tears regardless of my teams predicament.Those are just too small and have way too much of an advantage for a couple of decent players to use against the unskilled majority.

I'm starting to also dislike Burning Shrine it isn't as bad as the other two. Honestly, while I'm glad they are now outside of Rumble only, maybe they should reduce how often they show up in other playlists.

I wonder what the DLC attachment rate for this game is. I'd like Bungie to actually enforce the DLC for the vanilla playlists, at least by the time HoW has been out for a while.

Ghazi

That sucks but it never happens to me because this is what I do:

Get bounty.
Do lvl 30 daily.
If I don't die in the daily, bounty done.

If I die, I'll end up with 7500+ xp at the end.
Load up fist of crota, kill adds and swordbearer. Bounty done.

I thought the lvl 30 dailies don't give 7500k xp anymore, or does it just not display the reward in the description?

Cruxist

All this talk of the Badger made me check mine out. I've had a great roll this whole time and didn't realize it!

Rodeo
High Calibur - explosive rounds - custom optics
Firefly

Started playing Crota on normal mode with some randoms. Every single step went extremely smoothly and when we got the Deathsinger rewards...boom...Hawkmoon. I had to mute my mic so they didn't hear my girlish squeal.

Red Dot-ORS, Ranged Lens RLS3, Truesight IS, Snapshot, and Custom Optics. I'll look up what some of those do, Custom Optics can't possibly just be a cleaner scope. Sorry for the late response, I was on Crota's Wild Ride.

Apologies to Iceman for bringing my 29 instead of my 31, I thought we were just going to do the first part. I didn't expect we'd be fighting Crota himself.

...also sorry to everyone who wanted the chest behind that door, I wasn't used to the Bladedancer jump and fell through the hole. Oops.

Ghazi

They do. Xp applies to armor, class skills and motes of light progress. Also, the bounty.

They still give XP.

I always thought Mission XP wasn't applied to bounties. They don't go to Weapons I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, but in the description for the dailies past the first difficulty it no longer displays any XP bonuses. Is it just pushed out of the description because it can't have more than four rewards displayed at a time? I swapped armor out at the end of the Kell mission twice the other day and got nothing, but I may have done it late because I think that one ends pretty quickly.

E: I guess it does, my bad, odd limitation for the description.

Red Dot-ORS, Ranged Lens RLS3, Truesight IS, Snapshot, and Custom Optics. I'll look up what some of those do, Custom Optics can't possibly just be a cleaner scope. Sorry for the late response, I was on Crota's Wild Ride.

Apologies to Iceman for bringing my 29 instead of my 31, I thought we were just going to do the first part. I didn't expect we'd be fighting Crota himself.

...also sorry to everyone who wanted the chest behind that door, I wasn't used to the Bladedancer jump and fell through the hole. Oops.
Thanks for doing that with us orchid. We'll get him next time. I thought we were only doing the first part too but was pleasantly surprised to continue on to crota. It was nice getting some experience with the raid.

Thank you again so much iceman. It was a lot of fun and you are a champ for sticking with it for as long as you did.

Anyone know where to find the guide on reddit that explains how to remove your primary slot without the crux and only have seconday and heavy weapon slots so you get infinite heavy ammo drops?

Something about destroying a blue primary weapon and then equipping it using the app at the same time as it is destroyed... Idk.

This?

Which ballistics do ya'll like for Red Death?

Wish I could help, but I don't have it yet.

Speaking of Ballistics, what is a better combo for 4th Horseman. It desperately needs Range and there are two option.

Field Choke has a range upgrade with a huge penalty to stability. Use Fitted Stock to counter.
Or
CQB Ballistic and Hand Loaded for a small range boost.

Can't decide which is better.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I want the Gjallarhorn to solo Crota :( Pleaaase game.

Btw, TLH soloed Crota normal in 16 minutes. Such an impressive feat.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._soloing_the_entire_crota_raid_in_16_minutes/

Does anyone remember when people (including me) first attempted Crota's End raid and were like "I am done with this gaaaaaame" after 10 hours of trying to beat it? Such an overreaction haha.

I hope people don't do the same for HoW raid. Once the good strategies are out it will be trivial to beat it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._soloing_the_entire_crota_raid_in_16_minutes/

Does anyone remember when people (including me) first attempted Crota's End raid and were like "I am done with this gaaaaaame" after 10 hours of trying to beat it? Such an overreaction haha.

I hope people don't do the same for HoW raid. Once the good strategies are out it will be trivial to beat it.

Bungie is in a tough spot on Raids. They have to be "easy" enough that the average joes can beat it, but still challenging for those that want the challenge.

Crota's end is in this wierd space where it can be very challening for most casual olayers ,but easy enough for a top player to solo. I am sure they will be looking at new mechanics to make the solo run impossible for The Arena.

Scopes come down to preference really. All 3 of those are nice. Unfortuneately Snapshot and Custom Optics are not very exciting perks. I would play around with Explosive Rounds and Firefly just to watch the Fireworks, but to be most efficient, any of the other perks is better. Have fun, that gun is a monster.

Speaking of Ballistics, what is a better combo for 4th Horseman. It desperately needs Range and there are two option.

Field Choke has a range upgrade with a huge penalty to stability. Use Fitted Stock to counter.
Or

CQB + Fitted Stock.

Try it. Range is irrelevant. Horseman kills anything up close.

Or

It's not a viable option right now though. Bungie accidentally broke it with the update. I'd wait till the patch to fix it.

This just shows what a joke raid CE actually is. I know people who have done flawless raider solo on normal CE.

imo I only enjoy soloing the Abyss 'cause it's fun. Everything else is NOT fun. Did solo crota nm once and don't want to ever try it again.

I still remember Namis ideas of bubble all the room with a full team of Titans.

Bungie is in a tough spot on Raids. They have to be "easy" enough that the average joes can beat it, but still challenging for those that want the challenge.

Crota's end is in this wierd space where it can be very challening for most casual olayers ,but easy enough for a top player to solo. I am sure they will be looking at new mechanics to make the solo run impossible for The Arena.

VoG is pretty challenging even at 32 due mechanics, CE is just kill everything with brute force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom