• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunlunqq

Me and zombie would be up for it. I have the Crota checkpoint and bridge checkpoint if you want to start at either of those.

Thanks a lot. I'd prefer to kill the Deathsinger for the exotic chance. I've already had everything from CE normal and hard. Just chasing after that Hawkmoon.

Anyone interested in a Normal Mode CE starting ASAP? PSN: lunlunqq

1. lunlunqq
2. LTwood12
3. Zombie

Need 3 more.

keakster

Thanks a lot. I'd prefer to kill the Deathsinger for the exotic chance. I've already had everything from CE normal and hard. Just chasing after that Hawkmoon.

1. lunlunqq
2. LTwood12
3. Zombie
4. keakster

Need 3 more.

I'm in, just booting up now

1. lunlunqq
2. LTwood12
3. Zombie

Need 3 more.

I'll do it if you still have room.

Rehsa

Well..

animation1ojb52.gif

played, Mr. Thrall.
I had something like that happen to me in the abyss last night. Shotgunned one and I flew off the edge sideways

lunlunqq

Fun run? I'd like to do it, but I have to get the kids to bed. I'll see if you still have a spot in 15 minutes.

1. lunlunqq
2. LTwood12
3. Zombie
4. keakster
5. Narmer212
6. Hudson

Sure! I don't mind waiting a little bit. I don't have the DS checkpoint. I'd appreciate one if any of you has it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Getting back into this after a lengthy break. Mind sharing the new(?) Weapons of choice post updates? I hear suros and all autos suck, what should I grab PvP and pve?

Sullichin

Getting back into this after a lengthy break. Mind sharing the new(?) Weapons of choice post updates? I hear suros and all autos suck, what should I grab PvP and pve?

Hawkmoon is still amazing
Thorn is still Thorn
Red Death is amazing now. Pulse rifles are good now. I like Oversoul Edict in PVP
The Last Word is still good but the nerf to HC accuracy really hurts.
Suros doesn't suck. It's just not the super easy killing machine that it used to be

Hawkmoon is still amazing
Thorn is still Thorn
Red Death is amazing now. Pulse rifles are good now. I like Oversoul Edict in PVP
The Last Word is still good but the nerf to HC accuracy really hurts.
Suros doesn't suck. It's just not the super easy killing machine that it used to be

I stopped using tlw. Using red death now and I love it. I hope Bungie doesnt fuck with it. They tend to ruin primaries that are enhoyable to use

So, I found a Badger CCL in a blue engram. It has Zen Moment ("Weapon gains stability as it causes damage."), Firefly ("Targets explode when killed with precision damage."), and also has Explosive Rounds ("Rounds from this weapon explode and cause splash damage.").

Is this thing as good as I think it might be?

Wanna say thank you to the fellows that helped out with that VoG run earlier tonight (mocolos_usa, keakter, Garrison, and RidiiMM). Didn't expect it to take as long as it did, but I appreciate you all sticking around til the end.

I'll be interested to run CE tomorrow if others are running it.

So, I found a Badger CCL in a blue engram. It has Zen Moment ("Weapon gains stability as it causes damage."), Firefly ("Targets explode when killed with precision damage."), and also has Explosive Rounds ("Rounds from this weapon explode and cause splash damage.").

One of the best scout rifles in the game, in my opinion. Firefly is amazing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Don't use Firefly and Explosive rounds together, but yeah it's outstanding. Great roll, congrats :)

edit: funny I'm just starting to get into TLW now... XD

The Ocho

Neo Member
My timing is just friggin terrible this week. I am just barely missing out on spots in raids left and right. All i wanna do is get my two characters through a normal crota and i'm having no luck at all.

Sullichin

Ah, glad Firefly is at least good. I wasn't sure if the two stacked, I was picturing an endless stream of explosions.
They can stack, but not well. If the AOE from explosive rounds gets the kill and not the precision hit, you're missing out on explosions. Better off with just Firefly. It's high impact so it's a great scout to have Firefly on.

LTWood12

1. lunlunqq
2. LTwood12
3. Zombie
4. keakster
5. Narmer212
6. Hudson

Sure! I don't mind waiting a little bit. I don't have the DS checkpoint. I'd appreciate one if any of you has it.

Best fun run team ever. Thanks for carrying my 30 scrub Hunter through The first time! Guess I should go get a husk of the pit now...

I was using gift of the void and alpha lupi, so orbs for days. Hope someone got a pic of all those bubbles.

Defuser

I swear Bungie nerfing the special weapon ammo reserve in crucible is the most useless attempt to combat shotgun usage. I just equip my crest of the alpha lupi on my hunter and I can have 18/19 rounds in my shotgun reserves. But hey I ain't complaining since i love to use shotguns and Shax says fight to win guardian!!

Be advised that Explosive Rounds and Firefly do not play well with each other. It could be an awesome combo except that the order of their proc makes it less useful.

Firefly only procs if the Precision Shot kills the enemy. If it leaves a sliver of health, then the Explosive Round procs. If that kills the enemy, no Firefly proc even though it was a precision shot.

It's not necessarily bad. You are doing bonus damage either way, just that it is either Firefly Or Explosive Round, never both.

I swear Bungie nerfing the special weapon ammo reserve in crucible is the most useless attempt to combat shotgun usage. I just equip my crest of the alpha lupi on my hunter and I can have 18/19 rounds in my shotgun reserves. But hey I ain't complaining since i love to use shotguns and Shax says fight to win guardian!!

Does armor with extra Fusion Rifle ammo negate the Vex bug?

Best fun run team ever. Thanks for carrying my 30 scrub Hunter through The first time! Guess I should go get a husk of the pit now...

I was using gift of the void and alpha lupi, so orbs for days. Hope someone got a pic of all those bubbles.

No issues man; that was an awesome group to run with. I'm glad we ran your Hunter through hard instead of normal. And besides you carried us through the DS!

updating my personal map ranking

B tier:
Cauldron

C tier:
Rusted Lands
Firebase Delphi
Shores of Time
Blind Watch

D tier:
Anomaly
Asylum
Bastion
Burning Shrine
Exodus Blue
First Light

F tier:
Twilight Gap
Pantheon
Skyshock

most notable falls from grace are bolded.

Sullichin

I can hold 22 Felwinter's shells with the VOG raid chest. I have field scout too and haven't unlocked it, wonder how many more it will let me carry. It's stupid. It did nothing. I literally can't even tell the difference in starting ammo.

B tier:
Cauldron

C tier:
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Firebase Delphi
Blind Watch

D tier:
Anomaly
Asylum
Bastion
Burning Shrine
Exodus Blue
First Light

F tier:
Twilight Gap
Pantheon
Skyshock

What is A-tier if not for some arbitrary exclusion to compare it against?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
burning shrine still my favorite map without question

edit: Pantheon is good too but I dislike it as a salvage map

B tier:
Cauldron

C tier:
Shores of Time
Rusted Lands
Firebase Delphi
Blind Watch

D tier:
Anomaly
Asylum
Bastion
Burning Shrine
Exodus Blue
First Light

F tier:
Twilight Gap
Pantheon
Skyshock

Cauldron and rusted lands are good

For control Firebase delphi is the most fun for some reason lol

Cauldron and rusted lands are good

For control Firebase delphi is the most fun for some reason lol

I guess it depends on how you are grading them. On purely competitive terms, Firebase Delphi is poorly balanced, but on a pure fun factor it is one of the best. Zone B is the most fun I have in Destiny PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom