• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got the choice for a exotic bounty! Which would be the best for a Gunslinger Hunter? A light in the dark, Tolands Legacy or dubious task?

A Light in the Dark for sure - it's the Thorn Handcannon. Just be prepared to do some PvP in order to get it.

_Legacy_

Finally got my Warlock to level 32, yay!!! Now to take my level 31 Hunter and Titan to the top as well. Kinda funny since the Warlock was the last recent guardian I created.

Shito

I want the Gjallarhorn to solo Crota :( Pleaaase game.
We're in the same situation. :(
The damn thing just won't drop. I've prepared myself for me getting it just after a nerf / patch to make CE impossible to solo anymore...

I have some programming experience, but nothing on the level to understand the complexity of a game like this, but it is kind of shocking that they aren't able to push out a hotfix for a guns base stat values in a day or two. What is the holdup? Would it not be just a few values in a table?
First, It depends where the weapons stats are located. If they are in a file in the build that you can't remotely update, that means any patch to it would have to pass Sony's and Microsoft's certifications again. If they are in a file you can update from their servers, it's easier to update, but usually you only push a new version at specific dates, and you wish to make it relevant enough that you don't update your server files for just one small fix like that. Each new push can create bugs, and need to be thoroughly tested, because shits like pushing a wrong file / the wrong values can happen, as it did for the 4th horseman.
That's what we do in our company, and that's what quite everybody is doing: if it's not game breaking, you don't hotfix it, and it will be fixed in the next planned update.

blazeuk

Anyone still need to do HM Crota? I'm at work for the next 4 hours anyway but I haven't bothered with HM this week since I only need the Crux to drop for me, figure I may as well give it a try when I get home later (got 3 chances for it to drop).

We're in the same situation. :(
The damn thing just won't drop. I've prepared myself for me getting it just after a nerf / patch to make CE impossible to solo anymore...

Nerfing the Horn at this point would be one of the worst decisions they could make. It is staying put, don't worry about that.

Keep the Faith, it will come. Are you and Kartik the last to still need it? At least from the active posters in this thread.
First, It depends where the weapons stats are located. If they are in a file in the build that you can't remotely update, that means any patch to it would have to pass Sony's and Microsoft's certifications again. If they are in a file you can update from their servers, it's easier to update, but usually you only push a new version at specific dates, and you wish to make it relevant enough that you don't update your server files for just one small fix like that. Each new push can create bugs, and need to be thoroughly tested, because shits like pushing a wrong file / the wrong values can happen, as it did for the 4th horseman.
That's what we do in our company, and that's what quite everybody is doing: if it's not game breaking, you don't hotfix it, and it will be fixed in the next planned update.

That makes sense. I realize it is not a trivial process, just that you would think it would be structured in a way to easily address this type of a bug. It isn't game breaking, just like the other bugged weapons, just annoying.

Shito

Keep the Faith, it will come. Are you and Kartik the last to still need it? At least from the active posters in this thread.
I think we're still a few more in that case. But yeah, that group is slowly thinning out...
Oh well, when Bloodborne releases I'll probably stop trying so hard to get it, just running the nightfalls and stop those desperate ROC runs. ^^

nOoblet16

Nerfing the Horn at this point would be one of the worst decisions they could make. It is staying put, don't worry about that.

I don't have it either, every time I open that exotic chest or finish death singer, crota, Atheon I hope I get it but all I get is faff. I don't even expect it from Nightfalls as I've never had an exotic drop in a Nightfall outside of a Mida multitool.

I think we're still a few more in that case. But yeah, that group is slowly thinning out...
Oh well, when Bloodborne releases I'll probably stop trying so hard to get it, just running the nightfalls and stop those desperate ROC runs. ^^

Bloodborne will be a nice diversion.

Grinding ROC for the Horn really is desparation. Yeah, just do Nightfall amd Gorgons chest. Best chance for least effort each week. Maybe do an occasional 3x Atheon or Crota with a good group.

I don't have it either, every time I open that exotic chest or finish death singer, crota, Atheon I hope I get it but all I get is faff. I don't even expect it from Nightfalls as I've never had an exotic drop in a Nightfall outside of a Mida multitool.

Only 1 Exotic from Nightfall? Do you only have 1 character? That does seem rather low.

There in lies the problem, you don't get it I'd you hope for it. Put it out of your mind and it will come. In not the only one here with a similar story. Lost hope I would get it, didn't expect to see it, and there it was

Mask

How are people soloing raids? I saw a few videos a while ago. Glitches?

I still haven't actually done any of the raids, not massively keen on talking on mics. I want the sets and weapons, but I always seem to be busy whenever someone invites me..

I still haven't actually done any of the raids, not massively keen on talking on mics. I want the sets and weapons, but I always seem to be busy whenever someone invites me..
Meta never done it before and is looking to gruop up right now Join us

If you have time this morning, I'm currently putting together a NM CE raid. Only have 2 people so far. You're welcome to participate.

That makes sense. I realize it is not a trivial process, just that you would think it would be structured in a way to easily address this type of a bug. It isn't game breaking, just like the other bugged weapons, just annoying.

I still need one, and last time I checked, Narmer was on #teamnohorn.

I really think it's a bit slimy of them to pull it from Xur's loot table. At this point, I am not exited about any drop that isn't the Horn, or Xur's weekly visit. I came back to the tower to find a message from the postmaster. Apparently I came across TLW without realizing. Did I care at all...nope, it wasn't a Horn.

I really want to be done with going through every possible exotic drop each week, and to be able to play 100% for fun. I had a great time playing CE last night with some gaffers where nothing was on the line. I'd like to have that experience more often, and not only after I've done all of my chores.

Edit:
Bloodborne will be a nice diversion.

Grinding ROC for the Horn really is desparation. Yeah, just do Nightfall amd Gorgons chest. Best chance for least effort each week. Maybe do an occasional 3x Atheon or Crota with a good group.

I do the following 3x each week:

Gorgon Hard
Atheon Hard
Deathsinger Normal
Crota Normal
Crota Hard
Nightfall

Mask

If you have time this morning, I'm currently putting together a NM CE raid. Only have 2 people so far. You're welcome to participate.

Yeah, I'll join. PSN - Splatternick

Any specific weapons I need for Crotas End? I have an Icebreaker, my main weapon is Devil You Don't with field scout, and an exotic Machinegun whose name I can't remember.

I actually don't have any other main weapon exotics. I've gotten two in 5 months of playing, and they've both been Devil You Don't. Freaking RNG.

Yeah, I'll join. PSN - Splatternick

Any specific weapons I need for Crotas End? I have an Icebreaker, my main weapon is Devil You Don't with field scout, and an exotic Machinegun whose name I can't remember.

I actually don't have any other main weapon exotics. I've gotten two in 5 months of playing, and they've both been Devil You Don't. Freaking RNG.

Honestly couldn't tell you, I've never ran it. Considering it's normal, though, I think anything that isn't a rare will get us through :p

1. me
2. Robdraggoo
3. Splatternick

Need 3 more!

I really think it's a bit slimy of them to pull it from Xur's loot table. At this point, I am not exited about any drop that isn't the Horn, or Xur's weekly visit. I came back to the tower to find a message from the postmaster. Apparently I came across TLW without realizing. Did I care at all...nope, it wasn't a Horn.

I really want to be done with going through every possible exotic drop each week, and to be able to play 100% for fun. I had a great time playing CE last night with some gaffers where nothing was on the line. I'd like to have that experience more often, and not only after I've done all of my chores.

Edit:

Gorgon Hard
Atheon Hard
Deathsinger Normal
Crota Normal
Crota Hard
Nightfall

Wow, that is determination. I don't know how you sustain that. I was doing about half that since I had 2 characters and couldn't do quite everything every week. I was also desperate for it as it consumed me being the sole driving factor to play. I almost began to loathe any other Exotic drop.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have found it. It came at the most opportune time as well. My playtime, while not extreme, was still enough that my Wife was not happy about it and "banned" me from playing at the moment. We went back and forth and eventually agreed I could play 1 night a week. The very next reset, my First Nightfall dropped the Horn. Couldn't believe it. Must have been fate.

It takes all the pressure off and I just play whatever now. I don't force myself to grind one more drop. I even laugh at "crappy" drops like getting NLB dupes now instead of raging.

Hope you get yours.

Deku Tree

Edit:

Gorgon Hard
Atheon Hard
Deathsinger Normal
Crota Normal
Crota Hard
Nightfall

You forgot weekly 3x. And if you add daily 3x 7x then that's what I do. Last night I also did a ROC train for the first time in a long time and it was a blast.

Keep in mind I now have every exotic weapon and I am still planning to enjoy doing all that stuff. And I'm not hunting for a third Horn I'm just doing it for fun really.

I think as soon as you stop wanting the Horn that's when you'll get it. I hope you hornless folks get one soon!

You forgot weekly 3x. And if you add daily 3x 7x then that's what I do. Last night I also did a ROC train for the first time in a long time and it was a blast.

Keep in mind I now have every exotic weapon and I am still planning to enjoy doing all that stuff. And I'm not hunting for a third Horn I'm just doing it for fun really.

I think as soon as you stop wanting the Horn that's when you'll get it. I hope you hornless folks get one soon!

I was under the assumption that weeklies and dailies don't have a greater chance of producing an exotic than ROC strikes. I'd rather a ROC train.

Namikaze1

Guys, which should I max out: Armamentarium or Crest of Alpha Lupi?

Note that I won't be using either armor for anything. This is just me wanting to max out a bunch of gear to have setup options.

I fear there are probably still many of the hornless, (at least) semi-active posters around 😞. Almost killing my will to try for it at this point, after all these hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom