• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you add daily 3x 7x then that's what I do

Keep in mind I now have every exotic weapon and I am still planning to enjoy doing all that stuff.

I think as soon as you stop wanting the Horn that's when you'll get it. I hope you hornless folks get one soon!

Thanks again for allowing me jump in to your Daily mission runs almost every day! It's a really enjoyable way to get my Destiny "chores" done.

Add me to the no Gjallahorn club. Can't wait to get it just so I don't burn myself out on doing all the exotic drop chances every week and instead just focus on fun and helping people out when needed.

Deku Tree

Now that I have two max ballerhorns I am certain that the Horn is not needed to do anything in Destiny. You can get by with HoC even on HM Crota. Just fire an extra rocket.

The horn just destroys bullet sponges much faster and the Wolfpack rounds wreck hordes of trash mobs with just one rocket.

Feorax

Still part of the hornless masses here too. Only having one HoC between 3 characters doesn't help either.

As an aside, my PS plus sub lapsed a couple of days ago, and it will be a few days before I can re-subscribe. It's amazing how much content you are locked out of without it.

Now that I have two max ballerhorns I am certain that the Horn is not needed to do anything in Destiny. You can get by with HoC even on HM Crota. Just fire an extra rocket.

The horn just destroys bullet sponges much faster and the Wolfpack rounds wreck hordes of trash mobs with just one rocket.

We've had this discussion before...I think you should just shard yours. Waste of an exotic slot, right?

Do I need one, no. Would I like to experience a solo crota kill, yes. Am I good enough to do it without the Horn, no.

Deku Tree

Thanks again for allowing me jump in to your Daily mission runs almost every day! It's a really enjoyable way to get my Destiny "chores" done.

Add me to the no Gjallahorn club. Can't wait to get it just so I don't burn myself out on doing all the exotic drop chances every week and instead just focus on fun and helping people out when needed.

Thanks for jumping into my dailies regularly! I enjoy having company.

RemiLP

Guys, which should I max out: Armamentarium or Crest of Alpha Lupi?

Note that I won't be using either armor for anything. This is just me wanting to max out a bunch of gear to have setup options.

I like the 2 nade perk in ppvp.two striker nades with the extended time aswell does alot of damage

Deku Tree

We've had this discussion before...I think you should just shard yours. Waste of an exotic slot, right?

Do I need one, no. Would I like to experience a solo crota kill, yes. Am I good enough to do it without the Horn, no.

Not sure I want to try a solo Crota kill. The main draw for me of Destiny is playing with friends.

Yeah I really hate how Gjally holds up exotic slot so I can't experiment with other primary and secondary exotics, especially when you use it only 10% of the time. After getting Hawkmoon I'm actually going back to machine guns now and doing entire ROC strikes and weeklies without it. Only place the Ghorn is used now is during hard mode CE and solar NF.

1. lunlunqq
2. LTwood12
3. Zombie
4. keakster
5. Narmer212
6. Hudson

Sure! I don't mind waiting a little bit. I don't have the DS checkpoint. I'd appreciate one if any of you has it.

Ended up saving the video from our kill last night. Upon further review of it I learned 2 things. First: Michael Bay apparently grabs my controller when I'm not actually killing things (so much shaky cam). Second: I'm an extremely lucky samurai.

http://youtu.be/irfHYXlD69k

Steroyd

Guys, which should I max out: Armamentarium or Crest of Alpha Lupi?

Note that I won't be using either armor for anything. This is just me wanting to max out a bunch of gear to have setup options.

They're both legit good setup options, double titan lightening grenade is dangerous in Pvp, Crest of Alpha Lypi is good for both Nightfall and Skirmish/Salvage modes.

ocean

Banned

I think you can do a NM CE Solo run without the Horn using a grenade + Hunger of Crota. Something like that Heroic Solo run (that was grenade+Horn).

Still nice having a Horn. I was desperate and for one and finally got it last week after 600+ hours. It's amazing at 331 but honestly not THAT much of a game changer. Bullet sponges like Valus or Phogoth still take a long time to kill without a burn, they will eat tons of rockets.

I don't think its a fair reaction to suggest he shard his horn just because he rightly states that it doesn't change the game. It's definitely still worth owning, I don't think he suggested otherwise.

RetroMG

If there a way to see how many Hunters, Titans, etc, you've killed in the Crucible? I just got the trophy for Hunters, I know I'm close on Titans, no idea how many Warlocks.

It seems like there should be a Grimoire card, but I can't find it.

EDIT: Never mind, I just found it.

Namikaze1

Can I just say that I love Ghaleon's Demise? If it had Field Scout and an elemental damage, it would be perfect. But as it is, it still is damn good.

P.S. I'm rolling with the stock version that was sold in the last IB.

123rl

I fear there are probably still many of the hornless, (at least) semi-active posters around 😞. Almost killing my will to try for it at this point, after all these hours.

No Horn for me at this point but I doubt I was even close as I still haven't finished a Raid.

I need to get some people together for a Raid on the Xbox One. Anyone feeling compassionate and want to help a noob out? I probably need 3 people. I can get at least one person to join me, probably two

ocean

Banned
Can I just say that I love Ghaleon's Demise? If it had Field Scout and an elemental damage, it would be perfect. But as it is, it still is damn good.

I missed out on it and am still kicking myself. It's like a higher impact Saterienne Rapier. I love my SR but I hate that it can't one-shot trash (Acolytes etc) at high level play while Fatebringer can still do the job.

Edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...fatebringer_vs_gheleons_demise_vs_saterienne/

According to this, GD can't one-shot enemies in Heroic CE either. Seems like Fatebringer will be king until HoW.

I think you can do a NM CE Solo run without the Horn using a grenade + Hunger of Crota. Something like that Heroic Solo run (that was grenade+Horn).

Still nice having a Horn. I was desperate and for one and finally got it last week after 600+ hours. It's amazing at 331 but honestly not THAT much of a game changer. Bullet sponges like Valus or Phogoth still take a long time to kill without a burn, they will eat tons of rockets.

I don't think its a fair reaction to suggest he shard his horn just because he rightly states that it doesn't change the game. It's definitely still worth owning, I don't think he suggested otherwise.

I was saying that tongue in cheek, I don't expect him to do so, and hope it comes across as friendly ribbing.

That said, if any weapon is a game changer, I don't see how IB, GHorn, and maybe Fatebringer/Black Hammer wouldn't be at the top of that category. We are past the point of "hey, don't feel bad, it's not THAT great". I know that I can complete any of the content without it, but I'd rather have one, and really don't like hearing that I don't need one. It's a video game, none of it is about need.

Edit: And yes, I'm sure some can solo without, but most use it for a reason. I know I'm not good enough to be on the same level as those that are doing it without. I think I would need it more for a quick takedown of the swordbearer since I can't proc white nail on him (not that good) and I would also need it to solo the deathsinger to get to Crota.

No Horn for me at this point but I doubt I was even close as I still haven't finished a Raid.

I need to get some people together for a Raid on the Xbox One. Anyone feeling compassionate and want to help a noob out? I probably need 3 people. I can get at least one person to join me, probably two
It's mostly ps4 users. There's a list of Xbox one players in the first post? Or it's floating around somewhere. I would gladly help but atlast separated by consoles :p

E92 M3

It's an amazing weapon, but for some reason I can't use (for a long time) guns without an element in the primary slot (unless thorn). Doesn't make sense either so most enemies don't have shields.

Namikaze1

It's an amazing weapon, but for some reason I can't use (for a long time) guns without an element in the primary slot (unless thorn). Doesn't make sense either so most enemies don't have shields.
I've been using it as my primary for most things. Of course I don't use it for Nightfalls and Weekly with burns but it's just so good.

ocean

Banned
I was saying that tongue in cheek, I don't expect him to do so, and hope it comes across as friendly ribbing.

That said, if any weapon is a game changer, I don't see how IB, GHorn, and maybe Fatebringer/Black Hammer wouldn't be at the top of that category. We are past the point of "hey, don't feel bad, it's not THAT great". I know that I can complete any of the content without it, but I'd rather have one, and really don't like hearing that I don't need one. It's a video game, none of it is about need.
:) I figured it was young in cheek and I feel your Horn desire. I thought I would never get mine until Crota finally relented and gave me one. Sorry if I came across as hey don't feel bad since I know it's just a cook toy we all want. Just wanted to put that out there since some people really think it's like 5x more powerful than other rockets when it's more like 1.5x HoC (as if that weren't a lot though :p)

:) I figured it was young in cheek and I feel your Horn desire. I thought I would never get mine until Crota finally relented and gave me one. Sorry if I came across as hey don't feel bad since I know it's just a cook toy we all want. Just wanted to put that out there since some people really think it's like 5x more powerful than other rockets when it's more like 1.5x HoC (as if that weren't a lot though :p)

Don't forget the crazy "truth like" tracking. That adds another 0.5x HoC making it a solid 2x HoC.

Ended up saving the video from our kill last night. Upon further review of it I learned 2 things. First: Michael Bay apparently grabs my controller when I'm not actually killing things (so much shaky cam). Second: I'm an extremely lucky samurai.

http://youtu.be/irfHYXlD69k

This would be a great video for people to reference if anyone tells them you need a Hunter to run sword.

And yeah, seriously shaky. Are you using auto centering or something? It looks like you fighting a bad alignment the whole time.

Shito

First time since the patch that I find a random ROC train with someone else than me rocking a shotgun.
Felt good.

Also...

cPYVTuf.jpg

... oh hey!
Thanks Rahool, after so many blue packages, I appreciate the gesture, even if it all decoded to crap...

This would be a great video for people to reference if anyone tells them you need a Hunter to run sword.

And yeah, seriously shaky. Are you using auto centering or something? It looks like you fighting a bad alignment the whole time.
What?!? Nonhunter swordbearer?!?! what is this faked full of lies propaganda video you made?!
/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom