• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many people spelling Roc in full capitals? It's the legendary bird, isn't it?

aeSSXjR.jpg

We need some more eagle-themed exotics stat.

LTWood12

Ended up saving the video from our kill last night. Upon further review of it I learned 2 things. First: Michael Bay apparently grabs my controller when I'm not actually killing things (so much shaky cam). Second: I'm an extremely lucky samurai.

http://youtu.be/irfHYXlD69k

This would be a great video for people to reference if anyone tells them you need a Hunter to run sword.

And yeah, seriously shaky. Are you using auto centering or something? It looks like you fighting a bad alignment the whole time.

You forgot to thank me for dying before the glass even broke. That way you didn't have to worry about oversoul.

Daemul

First time since the patch that I find a random ROC train with someone else than me rocking a shotgun.
Felt good.

Also...

cPYVTuf.jpg

... oh hey!
Thanks Rahool, after so many blue packages, I appreciate the gesture, even if it all decoded to crap...

Looking at this image makes me feel sad, not because I want legendary engrams, but because now that I have Saint-14 and Thunderlord, I have everything I've ever wanted to get in this game, meaning legendary engrams are worth as much to me as green engrams are.

It's sucks to have reached this point :(

Shito

Looking at this image makes me feel sad, not because I want legendary engrams, but because now that I have Saint-14 and Thunderlord, I have everything I've ever wanted to get in this game, meaning legendary engrams are worth as much to me as green engrams are.

I can understand that: to me the only purple engram still of value is the heavy one.
When seeing this, I told myself "meh, secondary and helmet... crap!". ^^
Still, way better than getting two blues. Screw Rahool's package that are only blues!

Store em for how

That's why I'm glad to have taken a break. A lot of stuff is new to me now, and I still have a lot of stuff to collect. Heck, I just got my Hunter to lvl 20 and I still need to get him a lot of stuff.

What engram did Megaman say Xur would be selling next week? Trying to figure out if I should save my motes of light or buy my Hunter a nice cloak.

Ghazi

First time since the patch that I find a random ROC train with someone else than me rocking a shotgun.
Felt good.

Also...

cPYVTuf.jpg

... oh hey!
Thanks Rahool, after so many blue packages, I appreciate the gesture, even if it all decoded to crap...

Getting one or two guaranteed from each package should've been what happened after the update that supposedly made them show up in packages more often. I've seen less than a handful of legendary engrams from packages since then (and so have many of the people I've asked) so I think it's safe to say that Bungie just tried to slow down progression even more there, post launch.

This would be a great video for people to reference if anyone tells them you need a Hunter to run sword.

And yeah, seriously shaky. Are you using auto centering or something? It looks like you fighting a bad alignment the whole time.

Part of it is auto centering and the other part is my thumbs get restless lol. It's like they always have to do something.

LTWood12

Ended up saving the video from our kill last night. Upon further review of it I learned 2 things. First: Michael Bay apparently grabs my controller when I'm not actually killing things (so much shaky cam). Second: I'm an extremely lucky samurai.

http://youtu.be/irfHYXlD69k

Which Titan jump do you use zombie? I'd really like to get the sword down on hard. Do you jump all the way from the ground or do you actually get on one of the rocks? When you're escaping after the first hits and getting ready to go back at him, do you go all the way back to the ground?

Not where I can watch the vid from your view right now.

Which Titan jump do you use zombie? I'd really like to get the sword down on hard. Do you jump all the way from the ground or do you actually get on one of the rocks? When you're escaping after the first hits and getting ready to go back at him, do you go all the way back to the ground?

Not where I can watch the vid from your view right now.

I run increased height on him. For the first down I always go to the rocks on the right. For the second down if I can hit i I go back to the rock; if not I just jump up from the ground. Rock jump is what lets me land 8 hits before the first sword runs out.

Arrrammis

Pointless, they will not decrypt to HoW gear.

Better to save packages at the postmaster.

At least with TDB, the packages didn''t turn into TDB gear. People were able to kind of cheat the system by bringing all of the factions to about 100 rep from leveling, then level them once the dlc dropped to get new gear, but those who saved cryptarch and faction packages from pre-dlc only got old (non-lvl. 31) gear from them.

Pointless, they will not decrypt to HoW gear.

Better to save packages at the postmaster.

Only if you delete and roll a new character. Why do you want 3 murmurs anyway? I dismantled two and kept just the one.

I like the idea of having a standard set of dupes on each character. Having a combo arc/solar and very decent fusion rifle on each character all the time was convenient.

It was a pretty decent use of a weapon slot.

Deku Tree

I don't decrypt vanguard or cryptarch or daily public event packages anymore. The point for me is that I don't need anything from them, and yes they'll most likely give old useless stuff later on but they'll also give experience that you can use to level up your armor quicker.

noomi

Crap! You know what I just realized?!

Because daylight savings just happened and we moved forward an hour in my time zone (EST) This now means that reset happens @ 5AM instead of 4AM...... meaning, I only have an hour in the morning to play now before work :(

Guess, I better let the crew know.... we should still be able to squeeze in 3x crota + deathsinger normal kills though....

At least with TDB, the packages didn''t turn into TDB gear. People were able to kind of cheat the system by bringing all of the factions to about 100 rep from leveling, then level them once the dlc dropped to get new gear, but those who saved cryptarch and faction packages from pre-dlc only got old (non-lvl. 31) gear from them.

Oh yeah that reputation trick should work for HiS as well.

I like the idea of having a standard set of dupes on each character. Having a combo arc/solar and very decent fusion rifle on each character all the time was convenient.

It was a pretty decent use of a weapon slot.

Just replace it with a shotgun :)

Sometimes people spell things in all caps. In this case there is a reason to do so. The point is that it's not inherently wrong to say ROC instead of Roc.

I know it's a bird and I say ROC because it's bolder.

Yeah, I was just wondering. Didn't understand your reasons for posting that picture. :p

Shito

TheHM05 is still streaming himself trying to finish his solo no-guns CE run.
He was just about to have it, at the last sword he needed he panicked a little bit, and he missed his jump. </3
He's consistently getting better at it, though, and he passes the ogres quite regularly.

Gala

Anyone willing to take me and my 28 hunter for a Crota's End normal tonight? I'm new to destiny raiding, but would really love to see the raid

I usually do the sword on hard with each character for the week, and I honestly notice very little difference between the hunter and the titan/warlock. The only part that the hunter helps with significantly (for me, anyway), is timing the first hit. If the group is lacking in dps, it's hard to time when to jump up when not invisible. However, if the group has enough dps to down Crota on the initial rocket volley, then the difference between the classes really is negligible imo. I should add that this goes for downing Crota in 3 swords. The hunter would make a huge difference going for 2 swords, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom