• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep it around, I don't really keep stuff in the armor slot of my vault so it just goes there. At this point, the vault is just for mats and unique weapons I don't use (raid, IB, exotic). Destiny Item Manager that does auto moving and equipping between all characters and lets me make loadouts means that I only need one or two spaces in my vault at a time to easily transfer and equip weapons.

If anyone wants the extension for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna

It's pretty great:

YSuQcSl.jpg

Extension wasn't working for me last night. For some reason my Hunter has fewer slots in the app so I can't transfer stuff after a certain point

I think people are misunderstanding my point on loot rolls. I'd like it like this.

Normal Table:
Armor
Special Weapons
Heavy Weapons
Exotic chance

Hard Table:
Primary Weapons
Crux of Crota
Exotix chance

If you run normal only you can only get drops from the normal table.

If you run hard you get one roll from the normal table and one roll from the hard table. This would eliminate getting either 2x from the normal table or 2x from the hard table.

You gotta do normal Crota to get BH.

Hard Crota drops word or fang and the crux.
Normal Crota drops the secondary and heavy weapons.
You can't get secondary or heavy weapons doing hard Crota. No chance.

Hard bridge drops abyss defiant.
Hard abyss drops the oversoul edict.

Deku...You mentioned earlier about doing weekly and daily heroic strikes for chances at exotics...Do you see more drops there than on ROC strikes?

I have a few more tries at the horn this week... Three atheons (normal and/or HM) and one more HM Crota kill...

Anyone have any interest in doing any of those things in about 30 mins?

GlamFM

Banned
I have a few more tries at the horn this week... Three atheons (normal and/or HM) and one more HM Crota kill...

Anyone have any interest in doing any of those things in about 30 mins?

Yes, we are 3 for a normal VoG. 4 with you. 2 more and we can go.

Edit: 5 now. Join me now. GlamFM.

E92 M3

I think people are misunderstanding my point on loot rolls. I'd like it like this.

Normal Table:
Armor
Special Weapons
Heavy Weapons
Exotic chance

Hard Table:
Primary Weapons
Crux of Crota
Exotix chance

If you run normal only you can only get drops from the normal table.

If you run hard you get one roll from the normal table and one roll from the hard table. This would eliminate getting either 2x from the normal table or 2x from the hard table.

That's fine, but it isn't how VOG works now where you can get 2 rolls from normal. Overall, loot distribution in CE is much better than VOG.

Deku Tree

Deku...You mentioned earlier about doing weekly and daily heroic strikes for chances at exotics...Do you see more drops there than on ROC strikes?

No I just do those as part of my weekly activities not specifically for chances at exotics. Your only real chance at exotics there is from chances to pick up legendary engrams. I never got one that way.

I usually do the sword on hard with each character for the week, and I honestly notice very little difference between the hunter and the titan/warlock. .

Hunter is much much easier because it allows for the timing to not be precise when working with different groups. People can screw up, lose DPS on his shield, etc. and you can just stand there waiting and still get a huge combo.

The only issue with sword running is timing the sword approach with the shield break. A coordinated team can do that just fine regardless of class. Not all teams are as coordinated. Hunter gives an enormous margin for error.

Does anyone remember when people (including me) first attempted Crota's End raid and were like "I am done with this gaaaaaame" after 10 hours of trying to beat it? Such an overreaction haha.

I hope people don't do the same for HoW raid. Once the good strategies are out it will be trivial to beat it.

CE has been trivial since about 3 days after it launched, that's the problem. It's too simple and boring, the only challenge has ever been the forced under-leveling for both NM at launch and HM until the level cap is raised. Crota required grinding up to Lv31 before anyone could beat it, the fact that "world's first" for NM CE was a team of 7 tells you exactly how broken the Crota fight is. Six people to do the raid, one guy to grind his ass off up to Lv31 then swap in to actually kill the boss.

People said/say "well at least NM Crota/HM CE is hard" but that's never been the point: it can be "hard" but it's never been interesting.

Does anyone remember when people (including me) first attempted Crota's End raid and were like "I am done with this gaaaaaame" after 10 hours of trying to beat it? Such an overreaction haha.

I hope people don't do the same for HoW raid. Once the good strategies are out it will be trivial to beat it.

CE is shit. I got the crux and I was done with it. Both normal and hard mode

**sorry double post

The problem IMO with starting VoG NM is that yes it's a good thing to do for fun but the armor loot drops are worthless.

Bolded is the only reason I've ever played a video game. I dunno, I guess I've just been feeling progressively more out of step with how many people seem to talk about this game. Not trying to be difficult, although I know I can be sometimes, haha.

I'm down for the HM Crota kill with a lv32 warlock.

I can hop in if you need more for a team, otherwise I'm just going through all my old saved videos, trying to free up some hard drive space...

No I just do those as part of my weekly activities not specifically for chances at exotics. Your only real chance at exotics there is from chances to pick up legendary engrams. I never got one that way.

Good to know. I stopped doing weeklies when I found out the Horn was removed from Xur's loot table. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a higher chance at good loot drops during those.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
bwah, finally broke a rough losing streak in rumble... feels good.

For reals, anyone have any preferences on the Red Death ballistics? I just realized last night I'd never switched mine

Kal_El

Hello everyone. I've been waiting to get approved specifically for this game. I play Destiny more than any current game right now. So i'm looking to add some GAF friends for any raids, weeklies, or nightfalls. I currently have a 32 warlock (main) 31 Titan and 31 Hunter.

PSN Clark_Kent

P.S. I work day shift 7am cst - 3:30pm and i'm usually playing by 3:37pm

Bolded is the only reason I've ever played a video game. I dunno, I guess I've just been feeling progressively more out of step with how many people seem to talk about this game. Not trying to be difficult, although I know I can be sometimes, haha.

I'll do a little bit of "work" for a video game. It doesn't all have to be 100% "fun". BUT - This game has always been the most fun for me when there isn't any loot involved with the activity. Fun/Drunk raids are great, glitching out of the map is fantastic, learning to solo the abyss and bridge have all been the best "wasted" hours ever.

I was saying that tongue in cheek, I don't expect him to do so, and hope it comes across as friendly ribbing.

That said, if any weapon is a game changer, I don't see how IB, GHorn, and maybe Fatebringer/Black Hammer wouldn't be at the top of that category. We are past the point of "hey, don't feel bad, it's not THAT great". I know that I can complete any of the content without it, but I'd rather have one, and really don't like hearing that I don't need one. It's a video game, none of it is about need.

Yep, pretty much this. Same conclusion I reached when I was Hornless. I rarely transfer it between characters now since the others have a HoC and it is a servicable gun worthy of any loadout, but lets not talk down to folks who don't have Gjallarhorn and pretend its not worth the hype in an effort to make them feel better.

Deku Tree

Totally 100% agree. Also I was talking with Gala since yesterday and it sounded like the goal was to have fun, experience for the first time a raid, and try to level up.

Is this the chrome extension?

Looks cool, but the display format is a mess.

Yeah it's the chrome extension. It is kind of a mess. Wish it was more organized andf it also doesn't always work. My Hunter has fewer rows for weapons than my other two characters and it won't let me add any weapons to it for some reason.

btw the original image i posted was the incorrect image. I've since edited my post

Guilty as charged, I raged hard :p
Destiny Judas

What dont be that way! I barely played all week besides a few random hours! I will play more if someone can explain :p (long jargon words hidden in the spoiler be warrned!)
to me why G beta-gamma subunits mediation of presynaptic regulation in lamprey is stupid study, neural development in the spinal cord, neurogenesis ( including all those transcription factors and mechanics such as delta ligands, Notch, neurogenin, Neuro D, Reelin receptors, axon formation + guidance), why receptors may modulate function such as Nectrin binding to DCC receptor causes intracellular activation of DCC-P1 -->Ena-->actin dyamics--> attraction of axons however activation of a different section, DCC-P2 causes increase of intracellular Ca2+-->Calcineurin-->NFAT-->transcription--axon outgrowth.

Deku Tree

What dont be that way! I barely played all week besides a few random hours! I will play more if someone can explain :p (long jargon words hidden in the spoiler be warrned!)
to me why G beta-gamma subunits mediation of presynaptic regulation in lamprey is stupid study, neural development in the spinal cord, neurogenesis ( including all those transcription factors and mechanics such as delta ligands, Notch, neurogenin, Neuro D, Reelin receptors, axon formation + guidance), why receptors may modulate function such as Nectrin binding to DCC receptor causes intracellular activation of DCC-P1 -->Ena-->actin dyamics--> attraction of axons however activation of a different section, DCC-P2 causes increase of intracellular Ca2+-->Calcineurin-->NFAT-->transcription--axon outgrowth.

Because reasons

That is a great way to approach the game and maybe others should too. I think the problem is exacerbated simply by the games loot design. There are things people want and nothing you can do to help that. Many people have limited time to play so the lack of "progression" towards what they want builds frustration.

Not sure what you mean by "out of step" with how others talk about the game. If your playstyle is just "for fun", yeah, that is different than everyone grinding for specific loot.

I want the Gjallarhorn to solo Crota :( Pleaaase game.

Btw, TLH soloed Crota normal in 16 minutes. Such an impressive feat.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG..._soloing_the_entire_crota_raid_in_16_minutes/

i still have friends who never want to touch it again. i thought it was a buggy mess and nothing gets done if your team doesn't know how to beat it; at least the strats are fast enough to do so before most of the glitches start happening.

i like how mechanically involved it is though. i mentioned before that normal was boring because everyone camped the entrance and the sword bearer was the only one who did anything. hard crota at least changes that with bubbles, more conscious orb generation, and the utilization of the entire arena.

I keep it around, I don't really keep stuff in the armor slot of my vault so it just goes there. At this point, the vault is just for mats and unique weapons I don't use (raid, IB, exotic). Destiny Item Manager that does auto moving and equipping between all characters and lets me make loadouts means that I only need one or two spaces in my vault at a time to easily transfer and equip weapons.

If anyone wants the extension for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna

It's pretty great:

YSuQcSl.jpg

Holy shit this is incredible. I didn't know you could make multiple loadouts and save them. I just made a test loadout specific for Atheon, then clicked on one of the toons and applied it and boom, all weapon were transferred from 2 other toons and vault to him. This is even much more convenient and time saving than using the app. You can make custom loadouts with arc, void, solar, for abyss and bridge part etc, click on the loadout and weapons will be swapped in a few seconds, like magic.

Only downside I can see is its limited to one weapon per slot, so total 3 per loadout. And none of the weapons should be equipped by anyone or else it wont transfer.

Ambitious

Osiris said:
Every end crawls from the same pit, rising from the schism to swallow matter, Light, and life. It will not be stopped, but here it can be slowed. The Shrines of Oyrx must be destroyed.

This voiceover always makes me cringe so hard.

Do you guys hang on to your VoG raid gear? I've kept it around, but I've been thinking of sharding it. Just seems like such a waste. :(

It's my trophy from the 1st 3 months of Destiny. He'll yeah I'm keeping it. I achieved level 30 a metre week before tdb dropped. It was heart breaking to go back to 29 for awhile after all that hard work before getting back up to 31-32. Ce spiked is by letting us hit 32 after like 3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom