• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambitious

it makes no fucking sense

blah blah blah blah oh hey you're going to this mission btw

"Nothing is more important now. We believe the Hive are engaged in a ritual that is draining The Traveler of its Light. Whatever power they wield must be understood... and destroyed."

Nothing is more important? So why is this a solo mission again? Why is there no Guardian army armed to the teeth accompanying me to the darkest of all the Hive's chambers?

"Nothing is more important now. We believe the Hive are engaged in a ritual that is draining The Traveler of its Light. Whatever power they wield must be understood... and destroyed."

Nothing is more important? So why is this a solo mission again? Why is there no Guardian army armed to the teeth accompanying me to the darkest of all the Hive's chambers?

because we don't have that many guardians in the wild (well we have several million last i checked but you only ever see 16) so we can't spare a few to go into the hellmouth

or something

Hiko

Banned
TLW really got kicked down a notch since the last patch. It's literally hit and miss. Thorn and Hawkmoon are quite clearly superior now.

It isn't solo you're supposed to bring two friends ;D

Mindlog

The strikes would feel a lot better if their timid narrative borrowed from ME3 MP. Each strikes is part of an ongoing campaign. It would be fun to see a greater shift in that direction. The only strike that really makes sense is, The Undying Mind. Sepiks could have been something similar. The Fallen are trying to raise new Primes. Stop them before they assault the city once again.
Bolded is the only reason I've ever played a video game. I dunno, I guess I've just been feeling progressively more out of step with how many people seem to talk about this game. Not trying to be difficult, although I know I can be sometimes, haha.
I know exactly what you mean.
Getting every exotic is not the goal. Using every exotic is the goal.

bwah, finally broke a rough losing streak in rumble... feels good.

For reals, anyone have any preferences on the Red Death ballistics? I just realized last night I'd never switched mine

always pick whichever gives you more impact. aggressive ballistics on TLW makes it a 2 shot kill with headshots. i tend to use aggressive ballistics whenever it's available, and that includes the Red Death.

Ghazi

Ok here is what the Destiny Item Manager shows me on Chrome on Mac:

For some reason it doesn't pick up anything about my materials and items on any character or in the Vault.

Look at mine and other people's photos, it doesn't have that functionality yet.

Ambitious

s1lejpr.gif

s22jurt.gif

Ok here is what the Destiny Item Manager shows me on Chrome on Mac:

For some reason it doesn't pick up anything about my materials and items on any character or in the Vault.

that might be because when you try to transfer materials the app asks you to select a quantity and the extension doesn't support that

Huh, I never listen to this stuff before. That's usually when in checking gaf or having a smoke.

Reading it makes it sound important. Listening Does not. Probably this games biggest failings. Good thing this game is fun

Need to get the nf done a few times if anyone would like to join

If not I'd be down for a hard crota kill if anyone need a guy
Psn Robdraggoo

That is a great way to approach the game and maybe others should too. I think the problem is exacerbated simply by the games loot design. There are things people want and nothing you can do to help that. Many people have limited time to play so the lack of "progression" towards what they want builds frustration.

It just makes me sad to see how the need for grind impacts the quality of game design, e.g. light level system: 1 level is 32% penalty but two levels is only 42%? It makes no sense from a basic game design perspective. Maybe I'm being too cynical, but it seems like a design choice made because hitting the level cap requires the most grind aka most play time and I hate that.

I'll do a little bit of "work" for a video game. It doesn't all have to be 100% "fun". BUT - This game has always been the most fun for me when there isn't any loot involved with the activity. Fun/Drunk raids are great, glitching out of the map is fantastic, learning to solo the abyss and bridge have all been the best "wasted" hours ever.

haha yeah exactly, sometimes "fun" is hard to explain. I don't mind some grind to "earn" things but my concerns are where it negatively affect fundamental game design, like the above example.

Using every exotic is the goal.

Yep, bingo! I get why people are frustrated at having no way to ensure they'll eventually get a weapon, since that's content that can extend the life of the game.

i like how mechanically involved it is though... hard crota at least changes that with bubbles, more conscious orb generation, and the utilization of the entire arena.

Those are optional game mechanics that can be applied to the encounter, not required encounter mechanics. Orb generation is a game mechanic to offset the raid mechanic of no health regen; you can use weapon, armor or class specific abilities. More importantly, it's a tedious mechanic that's only "necessary" because of the severe damage penalty from being under-leveled. Nobody bothers on normal mode, not because of the chalice which is rarely passed around, but because it's boring and everyone can survive without it.

Titan bubbles are only used to trivialize add spawns, which is even more boring than controlling add spawns by actually fighting them. This strat's utility is forced onto players not just by Lv33 enemies but also by the huge increase in Majors for HM CE. A game mechanic used to trivialize an intended raid "mechanic" (add spawns) that ultimately makes the fight less interesting.

I wouldn't consider running to the right tower vs. the underneath area for Ogres as using any more or less of the arena. Everyone has to be even more conservative in their available movement space since it's so easy to die and so hard to kill the Oversoul due to the penalty for damage dealt and received. Even the health enrage is a non-issue mechanically, you treat that shield break identically to every other one. It was just a cheap way to wipe runs before people learned about it.

Anyway, not trying to pick on your post specifically, more so a general post about NM vs. HM mechanical similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom