• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are optional game mechanics that can be applied to the encounter, not required encounter mechanics. Orb generation is a game mechanic to offset the raid mechanic of no health regen; you can use weapon, armor or class specific abilities. More importantly, it's a tedious mechanic that's only "necessary" because of the severe damage penalty from being under-leveled. Nobody bothers on normal mode, not because of the chalice which is rarely passed around, but because it's boring and everyone can survive without it.

Titan bubbles are only used to trivialize add spawns, which is even more boring than controlling add spawns by actually fighting them. This strat's utility is forced onto players not just by Lv33 enemies but also by the huge increase in Majors for HM CE. A game mechanic used to trivialize an intended raid "mechanic" (add spawns) that ultimately makes the fight less interesting.

I wouldn't consider running to the right tower vs. the underneath area for Ogres as using any more or less of the arena. Everyone has to be even more conservative in their available movement space since it's so easy to die and so hard to kill the Oversoul due to the penalty for damage dealt and received. Even the health enrage is a non-issue mechanically, you treat that shield break identically to every other one. It was just a cheap way to wipe runs before people learned about it.

Anyway, not trying to pick on your post specifically, more so a general post about NM vs. HM mechanical similarities.

all i was saying is that hard crota doesn't make me fall asleep. i'd dig up a post circa december where i mentioned how easy the raid was. i don't think the hard mode changes are anything mechanically interesting or unique compared to normal, but at least i can't slack off when i play it.

jaaz

Yay, finally, Guardian Lord!

11021311_887988154576915_7497039366824531761_o.jpg

Kor or Hawk, please add me to the OP. I have become... legend?

Ambitious

Welp, that one crazy lag out is one to add to the Scrota archives, lol. I'm gonna restart my router but happy to help if there are more sword kills people need to do. GG everyone.

Nice, is that the vendor LDR? Armor Piercing still works sometimes...

The one in the first gif, yes. That was from before the patch, though. The gun in the second gif is my new Prudence, also with AP rounds.

Yikes, so I wish I had done my homework before pining after Hawkmoon for so long.

I wanted it mainly for PVP as I'm usually a Thorn user and everybody was pretty adamant about Hawkmoon being better. Were they strictly talking about PVE? Or before the Thorn buff? Because Thorn seems to win out pretty handily imo. It's consistent ability to 2 shot headshot them every time is way better than crossing your fingers and hoping you get one of the lucky rounds in Hawkmoon. And it seems like now that they took away one of Hawkmoon's range perks Thorn seems to shoot further too, not to mention ROF and reload.

I guess it boils down to a preference thing, both are solid but on paper Thorn just seems better all around in PVP.

It just makes me sad to see how the need for grind impacts the quality of game design, e.g. light level system: 1 level is 32% penalty but two levels is only 42%? It makes no sense from a basic game design perspective. Maybe I'm being too cynical, but it seems like a design choice made because hitting the level cap requires the most grind aka most play time and I hate that.

haha yeah exactly, sometimes "fun" is hard to explain. I don't mind some grind to "earn" things but my concerns are where it negatively affect fundamental game design, like the above example.

I am with you there. The level design is bizzaro world. Your Armor has a bigger impact on your damage output than the weapons you use. Completely backwards.

Yikes, so I wish I had done my homework before pining after Hawkmoon for so long.

I wanted it mainly for PVP as I'm usually a Thorn user and everybody was pretty adamant about Hawkmoon being better. Were they strictly talking about PVE? Or before the Thorn buff? Because Thorn seems to win out pretty handily imo. It's consistent ability to 2 shot headshot them every time is way better than crossing your fingers and hoping you get one of the lucky rounds in Hawkmoon. And it seems like now that they took away one of Hawkmoon's range perks Thorn seems to shoot further too, not to mention ROF and reload.

I guess it boils down to a preference thing, both are solid but on paper Thorn just seems better all around in PVP.

they're pretty even imo.. pvp for me is just switching between the 2 when i get bored of using one

thorn definitely murks on the range post patch

Kor or Hawk, please add me to the OP. I have become... legend?

Damn, Platinum up to 0.3% already. FYI usually best to PM Kor to make sure he gets it.

Yeah, HMoon's perceived PvP dominance was established before it started getting nerfed and Thorn got that huge buff. I'd agree they are very comparable now, both still excellent.

at least i can't slack off when i play it.

B_mx1UdVEAI5JGI.jpg:large

Busted, slacker! :)

I have 6 Horns and they aren't going anywhere. My HMoon collection can probably start being dismantled though now that Pathogen has one....

I've got a friend who has never done crota before anyone willing to help out for a crota kill?

Sure, I can help if you need people, priority goes to anyone who still needs loot.

I have he HM Crota CP and need another kill. Anyone else up for a HM Crota kill?.

Or I can help with this, same as above for anyone that needs loot.

I have 6 Horns and they aren't going anywhere. My HMoon collection can probably start being dismantled though now that Pathogen has one....

Sure, I can help if you need people, priority goes to anyone who still needs loot.

I will have 3 people who have never seen crota fall

Skele7on

Banned
Crux dropped!

What a week.....

Gjallahorn
Hawkmoon
Hard Light
Ice Breaker
Crux
Mask Of The Third Man.

Never will I have a better week. EVER!

Crux dropped!

What a week.....

Gjallahorn
Hawkmoon
Hard Light
Ice Breaker
Crux
Mask Of The Third Man.

Never will I have a better week. EVER!

Congrats! Awesome luck!

Almost as good as my week:
TLW
Suros
NLB
Potato Gun (Fourth Horseman)

Yep..every gun I got was on the xtreme nerf list, well except NLB that started it's life as a Nerf gun.

Edit: Aww shucks...Caught at the top of the page, bitching about my loot drops.

Namikaze1

Never seen that platform at the end before. Noce work.

Curious, why do you swap to your Sniper so often?
Ammo doesn't drop for the weapon currently equipped in today's daily. So to go around that small problem, I switch to my sniper and punch shit till primary ammo drops for my Necrochasm. That way I don't have to use a primary synthesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom