• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are people who are close to hitting 100 CE completions. .

171 for me. I know Lima and Dhruv have more since they intentionally play that fight with other groups, for w/e reason.

edit: I take it back, Dhruv has 104 although he also deleted a couple characters, so not sure. iRawr has 135.

CE HM will be easy once the level cap has been increase. Frankly it's not too hateful now since the strategic has been made.

Don't want to know about my backlog..ugh never gonna finish them.

Edit: according to my grimoire card, I beat CE 135 times. I think the bridge section is thought out well but everything else is trash imo.

ocean

Banned
Maybe its just my personal anecdote, but CE seems to drop Exotics at a higher rate than VoG. Especially Deathsinger vs Gorgon chest. Run it for the quick exotic roll if anything. I imagine there will be a lot of 3x DS+Crota runs after HoW. A solid group can knock it out in no time.

But yeah, once I get Black Hammer and Crux, I won't be as compelled to run it much.
I swear I thought about this just as I was posting. It'll be the new Gorgon CP. An Exotic roll...and a quick Sword because why the hell not right? :p specially if (iffy proposition) HoW gear uses the same upgrade materials. Radiants being useful would give CE some legs.

I mean it's absurd to imagine we'll have a third set of special Shards and Energies. And yet Bungie's gonna Bungie it up again I'm sure. Glimmer, Vanguard Marks, Crucible Marks, Vanguard Commendations, Crucible Commendations, Strange Coins, Spinmetal, Helium Filaments, Spirit Bloom, Relic Iron, Ascendant Shards, Ascendant Energies, Radiant Shards, Radiant Energies and Exotic Shards just seems too simple and condensed.

CE HM will be easy once the level cap has been increase. Frankly it's not too hateful now since the strategic has been made.

Don't want to know about my backlog..ugh never gonna finish them.

I still remember the tales from the crypt when you, Drizzay and company spent ages on HM Crota with no success.

DGAF nearly died that day. You even "quit". Ah, the memories.

I still remember the tales from the crypt when you, Drizzay and company spent ages on HM Crota with no success.

Haha yes I remember of course :p I normally don't get angry or upset at video games or in generally but for some reason that first few attempts really rubbed me the wrong way. Haha i think it's always fun to look back and laugh at myself for my frustration :)

The only other time I got pissed off at a video game was mortal kombat 9, I got stuck in a ~80% combo by this dude online...

ocean

Banned

Bold, crazy strategies were designed. It was DGAF at its most creative and it was painful but beautiful. Middle platform to Ogre room really killed the joy in seeing impossible strategies being generated :p

Bubbles at Boomer platform was my favorite quirky workaround from that long night of uncountable wipes... I think that night was the last time I saw Wizards on Crota, now we just ignore the boomers entirely.

I swear I thought about this just as I was posting. It'll be the new Gorgon CP. An Exotic roll...and a quick Sword because why the hell not right? :p specially if (iffy proposition) HoW gear uses the same upgrade materials. Radiants being useful would give CE some legs.

I mean it's absurd to imagine we'll have a third set of special Shards and Energies. And yet Bungie's gonna Bungie it up again I'm sure. Glimmer, Vanguard Marks, Crucible Marks, Vanguard Commendations, Crucible Commendations, Strange Coins, Spinmetal, Helium Filaments, Spirit Bloom, Relic Iron, Ascendant Shards, Ascendant Energies, Radiant Shards, Radiant Energies and Exotic Shards just seems too simple and condensed.

Luke Smith commented here that the economy will be overhauled again, but implied it would make more sense than now.

If all we get is Radiant Mats^2 and Commendatuons^2, it will just be another clusterfuck.

Commendations are a total failure. Raid mats make sense for the launch of the raid, but will just be another useless currency taking up space later.

Hope they get it right.

E92 M3

It's funny, I never had an adverse reaction to HM when it released. Yes, it was super difficult, but nothing felt better than when we killed him.

Namikaze1

People spent 10+ hours that day. I don't know how they had the energy and resolve to keep going. I would've given up. I'm glad the team I had set up were able to beat it in 3 and a half hours. We were so close to giving up too.

Bold, crazy strategies were designed. It was DGAF at its most creative and it was painful but beautiful. Middle platform to Ogre room really killed the joy in seeing impossible strategies being generated :p

Bubbles at Boomer platform was my favorite quirky workaround from that long night of uncountable wipes... I think that night was the last time I saw Wizards on Crota, now we just ignore the boomers entirely.

I remember that strategy. There was also the variant of dropping it near Crota to give Swordbearer BoL and Orbs.

It looks the most fun to execute, but of course Center platfrom and Ogre closet is the safest strat so thats what everyone does now.

Drizzay, it's time to move on. There's no need to do this anymore. You have given enough.

haha Thanks Nami, I try :)

Honestly my Scrota time has decreased dramatically the last few weeks compared to earlier on. I'd be happy to never do HM CE again until the level cap is raised, but I do enjoy helping other folks get it done. I've spent more time going through my saved Destiny videos than actually playing this week...

I still remember the tales from the crypt when you, Drizzay and company spent ages on HM Crota with no success..

We had terrible lag all day, the tone was set when watching Steroyd hover and teleport across pits in the Abyss. Little did we know how badly that would submarine HM Scrota attempts. The long delay for HM release got my hopes up that they were actually working to fix the Crota encounter, instead of making it so much worse.

lunlunqq

Guys, I think I still have a HM gorgon checkpiont. Anyone wants to do a quick Gatekeeper + Atheon run? Two chances for exotics!!!

HM Gatekeeper+Atheon start at the gorgon check point. Starting ASAP!

1. lunlunqq

ocean

Banned
Guys, I think I still have a HM gorgon checkpiont. Anyone wants to do a quick Gatekeeper + Atheon run? Two chances for exotics!!!

1. lunlunqq
Too late to talk on mic but I'll join! a_javierp :)

1. lunlunqq
If your willing to do Templar I'll stick for the rest? Though maybe I'll settle for gorgon chest attempt...

Magik

1. lunlunqq

I'm down

X_Magik_ox

Namikaze1

Thinking back on that run, I still don't know how we were able to pull it off in under 4 hours while every other GAF group who started off at the same time were taking 10+ hours. On both the abyss and bridge parts, only three were alive to the end of each part. I died early on from a cursed thrall in the abyss and got overwhelmed on the starting side of the bridge. Deathsinger turned out to be the quickest and easiest part of the run. Crota turned out to be a bitch cause we kept dying to boomers till Bitsurugi gave birth to bubble trouble (the bubble on boomers platform "strat") leading to a near successful run and the team coining "suicide kneel"

It's funny, I never had an adverse reaction to HM when it released. Yes, it was super difficult, but nothing felt better than when we killed him.

-Everyone's mileage varied tremendously based on how bad the lag and glitches were for people. We had an unholy plague of them from start to finish. Some people were very lucky and saw a few if any at first. It's been around long enough that most people have seen the usual suspects by now.

-"Super difficult" has never been the goal of good game design or the point of any HM CE criticism. Whether or not it's interesting has always been the entire entire point.

Reminds me of so many Souls discussions about difficulty that completely miss the point of how the challenge only exists in service of making the game an interesting, unified whole.

Namikaze1

1. lunlunqq

I want to join, ShikiAoi

How many runs we are gonna do?

Namikaze1

We need a photo of Pooh watching a Youtube video.

tumblr_m3q0ry8Etc1qlvkzlo1_500.jpg

:p

lunlunqq

Too late to talk on mic but I'll join! a_javierp :)

If your willing to do Templar I'll stick for the rest? Though maybe I'll settle for gorgon chest attempt...

I'm down

X_Magik_ox

Thanks, guys.

HM Gatekeeper+Atheon starting at the gorgon chest CP.

1. lunlunqq
2. a_javierp
3. Magik
4. ShikiAoi

@itsnervedamage. I don't have the templar check point. Do you still want to join us?

@ShikiAoi. I have one gorgon check point + one Atheon CP. I'm down for 2 if we can finish them fast enough.

Xion385

Thanks, guys.

1. lunlunqq
2. a_javierp
3. Magik
4. ShikiAoi

@itsnervedamage. I don't have the templar check point. Do you still want to join us?

@ShikiAoi. I have one gorgon check point + one Atheon CP. I'm down for 2 if we can finish them fast enough.
Xion385

Thanks, guys.

1. lunlunqq
2. a_javierp
3. Magik
4. ShikiAoi

I have a level 30 Warlock and use a mic.

PSN Zyzomys

Cheers

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't know what the attendance is like but I would like to learn the ways of the samurai. At the very least, I should have the checkpoint.
Yeah I'm really sorry I got in sooo late tonight, not sure what's going on with any of the others :(

Maybe let's just start a new roster for a Normal Crota kill, you can run sword and I'll give pointers, and then if we have trouble and just need to get the kill I'll take over.

so, Normal Crota Kill starting ASAP

1. RidliMM
2. Hawkian

come on and slam!

Holy fuck that was Scrota at his most Scro-tastic. We got him I think 2nd try after you had to bail :( Just hit me up later if you still need a kill, never leave a man behind!

Thanks Drizzay! I've had a particularly bad week of Crota acting at his worst. I feel bad dragging you and all the other badass DGaf swordbearers into what can often end up being a total shit show but know that your help is always really appreciated!

Magik

Thanks, guys.

1. lunlunqq
2. a_javierp
3. Magik
4. ShikiAoi

Sorry lunlunqq, gotta back out.

Gammacide

Yeah I'm really sorry I got in sooo late tonight, not sure what's going on with any of the others :(

Maybe let's just start a new roster for a Normal Crota kill, you can run sword and I'll give pointers, and then if we have trouble and just need to get the kill I'll take over.

so, Normal Crota Kill starting ASAP

1. RidliMM
2. Hawkian

come on and slam!
Psn ID: V1ctIm

Too late for a mic and I've never done a raid before. Well, VoG to the gatekeepers, but that's it. I've watched some videos though so I have a rough idea of what's going on. Is this ok here? If not, that's totally cool too. :)

Thanks, guys.

1. lunlunqq
2. a_javierp
3. Magik
4. ShikiAoi

I'm in if there is still room

Thanks, guys.

1. lunlunqq
2. a_javierp
3. Magik
4. ShikiAoi

Yeah yeah, I'm OK to fill in even without all the chances for loot. I got it bad...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Psn ID: V1ctIm

Too late for a mic and I've never done a raid before. Well, VoG to the gatekeepers, but that's it. I've watched some videos though so I have a rough idea of what's going on. Is this ok here? If not, that's totally cool too. :)
Are you level 30 at least? You'd be fine, not the best intro necessarily because we're just doing the boss here, but happy to take you and you'd learn about the Hard mode strategy.
And welcome to the jam!

now the song is stuck in my head. Thanks Hawkian!
Then my work is complete

Gammacide

Are you level 30 at least? You'd be fine, not the best intro necessarily because we're just doing the boss here, but happy to take you and you'd learn about the Hard mode strategy.

Then my work is complete
Yup. Lvl 30 sunny warlock. Lots of maxed weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom