• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page late but in regards to the whole fun vs grind thing, I think I'm definetly in the "fun" camp. I'm team no horn/fatebringer either but I definitely couldn't imagine trying to squeeze in 6 raid rolls/ and 3 Nightfalls just for the maximum chance at them. I somehow got the urge to give it a shot and got as far as two empty handed/shard fest HM VOGs before I said "nah, eff this, back to crucible". Idk, I also don't really care for PVE as I've said before tho.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks Hawkian! That was fantastic! My first time helping kill Crota and I get Swordbreaker so I couldn't be more pleased. I'd be very happy to try the rest of it on normal if you need me or want to take a noob on a tour of the abyss. Also VoG if you ever do it again. During the day I'll have a mic too so that's easier. :)
You got it! Congrats :) There are newbie raids every Thursday, switching between VoG and CE at 9:00PM eastern. Definitely stay tuned for the signups.
Thanks for the sword practice Hawk (and everyone else in the run). I can definitely see why people value the Bladedancer running the sword for Crota. Even though lift can get you up from the mid, I think it was throwing me off coming from the rocks since I never use it. I miss that forward momentum. Ah well, practice is practice.
Anytime, you were totally on point and I definitely know what you mean. The exact spot Crota can be varies a lot, so sometimes you have a ton of ground to cover (without getting too close) and sometimes he's right there- but on a Bladedancer obviously it doesn't matter, you just run straight at him and you can wait and do a yoga pose while the rockets are on the way if you want. The practice is totally worthwhile though, and you were 100% on getting away from him without getting spiked which is where a lot of people struggle. :)
First Crota kill!! I missed sword school for the walking dead, but ended up bagging it anyway.

Yes it was on normal, but baby steps Ellie. Would have even had him in two swords, but I jumped the gun on one kneel.
awesome, congrats :D

First Crota kill!! I missed sword school for the walking dead, but ended up bagging it anyway.

Yes it was on normal, but baby steps Ellie. Would have even had him in two swords, but I jumped the gun on one kneel.

Nice! Its fun, isn't it?

I got addicted after the 1st one and wanted to do it any chance I got.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice! Its fun, isn't it?

I got addicted after the 1st one and wanted to do it any chance I got.
same hehe

Got matched up soloing in clash (ugh. I have a bounty) against a premade team of 3 defenders and 3 gunslingers, I have no idea what even the fuck.
B_ocmafUIAEcWyB.jpg:large
They had used 4 supers (3 bubbles and a golden gun) well before anyone on our team had one up. not the most fair fight I have been a part of

Wilde

Does anyone possibly have the normal mode Gorgon chest checkpoint they could share? I'd like to get it on my level 24 warlock.

Thanks!
PSID: ZW33

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is Xur already gone for the weekend? This was my first chance to trade in my exotics since I started playing again and of course I was too busy to log on till now.

Is Xur already gone for the weekend? This was my first chance to trade in my exotics since I started playing again and of course I was too busy to log on till now.

Yeah Xur is gone. Xur only comes on Friday during the reset, which is 4 am EST or 5 am EST due to daylight saving , till the reset on Sunday.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Xur is Friday and Saturday, sorry! What are you looking to upgrade
I have probably ten or so exotics, but my biggest priorities are Bad Juju and Hard Light. None of my exotics are upgraded, though, cause I haven't played since October lol.

May I just say how happy i am someone recomended the destiny app to me my god its convenience at its finest.Being able to switch items without switching toons even from your alts invemtory is a god send.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
4 Manning Crota on Hard :D this is my team, i got scared, when the ogre almost killed me lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vMinFUqZo4

if anyone needs help that's a level 28 or 29 i could help you out tomorrow on the first and second part of crotas end, to get the armor or shards/energy. I'll be glad to help out. GT is III OROZCO III xbox one only :/

First Roc of the night and scored my first Suros!!

Oh and apps name is Destiny app on google play or itunes.Also im down for a hard VoG.

amar212

Chrome app lets you equip multiple exotics at the same time. I hope this doesn't causes issues with your stuff.

It would be amazing if Bungie would allow for the special Crucible mode where you could equip whatever you want.

Imagine running all exotic setups and that bloodbath.

It would be amazing.

Gold Banner or something.

Chrome app lets you equip multiple exotics at the same time. I hope this doesn't causes issues with your stuff.

You can't anymore, it just goes next to your currently equipped legendary in the app but doesn't actually replace it. If you reload the page it goes back in the inventory, unless you replace the other exotic with legendary.

Ambitious

CE HM will be easy once the level cap has been increase. Frankly it's not too hateful now since the strategic has been made.

Don't want to know about my backlog..ugh never gonna finish them.

Edit: according to my grimoire card, I beat CE 135 times. I think the bridge section is thought out well but everything else is trash imo.

Good lord. Just checked, I've got 28 completions. And 15 for the VoG.

nOoblet16

Man I keep missing Hawkian's sword school because it's so late in the night for me 2AM :p
I tell myself to be awake but then fall flat on my bed around 11pm.

gunawi

I'm deleting a hunter today and making a Titan.

Anyone else leveling characters want to link up?

I'm going to delete 1 of my hunter to make a titan but will probably wait until Tuesday reset and do all (nightfall, weekly, raids, and chests) before deleting it.

Man, Urzok the Hated is a tough bastard. Managed to take him down twice before, but now that I need to do it for a bounty the fucker just wouldn't die.

noomi

Good morningn dgaf! Reset is nearly upon us :D

Fully leveled my universal remote as of this morning, thing is a beast, so fun to use! Hoping Xur brings for pulse rifle telemetries this weekend so I can start knocking those out next. I'm on a mission to level... well everything. With NF buff & telemetries is takes me about 3 - 4 days to max an exotic, not too bad I guess....

Daylight savings is taking an hour away from my morning reset raids, this makes me a sad guardian. Now I only have 1 hour to play before work...

Omni

Felt dirty about this one. Got absolutely rekt one match and then this dropped

qJqphs.png

That's my third jellyhorn in about a month, so it's a bit worthless. But I'm still a bit hesitant about dismantling

noomi

qJqphs.png

That's my third jellyhorn in about a month, so it's a bit worthless. But I'm still a bit hesitant about dismantling

Lawl... working as intended? Seriously, they should try to address this at some point. RNG for crucible is completely random not taking into account how well or badly players do....

As yes... you should feel dirty :p

Shito

qJqphs.png

You owe us Hornless guardians to only start sharding Horns from the 4th one.
Use those 3 Horns on every one of your alts!

Man, Urzok the Hated is a tough bastard. Managed to take him down twice before, but now that I need to do it for a bounty the fucker just wouldn't die.

It's easier to do with a full fireteam. I still need to kill him once more with my titan, we can get him together.

Thunderlord + Swordbreaker takes him down quickly.

Omni

Lawl... working as intended? Seriously, they should try to address this at some point. RNG for crucible is completely random not taking into account how well or badly players do....

As yes... you should feel dirty :p

Haha, they seriously do. Exotics shouldn't drop if you lose. I can understand giving a legendary engram as incentive to keep playing or whatever but this is a bit ridiculous

Luckily I got my other jellyhorns from beating Crota on hard and doing a nightfall. So I don't feel bad about those :p

You owe us Hornless guardians to only start sharding Horns from the 4th one.
Use those 3 Horns on every one of your alts!
That's probably what I'm gonna do! I just need another black hammer and I won't ever have to switch weapons between my three characters again :eek:

Namikaze1

I had to scroll down to find this thread! What gives, DGAF?!

Necro Daily done. Would finish the last few bounties I have but I have to leave soon.

amar212

Any logic in keeping the Croptarch/Factions/Crucible/Vanguard packs unopened at Postmaster before House of Volwes?

Or they will drop current loot even after HoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom