• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirow

Banned
Thanks to irawrasaurus, deicide2673, thenal84 and everyone else who helped with Crota and Vog Hard last night you guys are great! That last VoG kill was some work but that NeoGaf hustle pulls through lol

noomi

I had to scroll down to find this thread! What gives, DGAF?!

Necro Daily done. Would finish the last few bounties I have but I have to leave soon.

Not to worry, the thread will pick up tomorrow and stay strong for the rest of the week. Reset & Xur will bring the peoples.

nOoblet16

Any logic in keeping the Croptarch/Factions/Crucible/Vanguard packs unopened at Postmaster before House of Volwes?

Or they will drop current loot even after HoW?

They'll drop current loots.
People did the same for TDB but it dropped non DLC stuff. The only exploit that worked was when people bought up their reputation level close to the next rank and ranked up only after TDB dropped to get the new stuff from vendor. Should work for HoW too in case they decide to introduce a new currency on top of commendations.

They'll drop current loots.
People did the same for TDB but it dropped non DLC stuff. The only exploit that worked was when people bought up their reputation level close to the next rank and ranked up only after TDB dropped to get the new stuff from vendor. Should work for HoW too in case they decide to introduce a new currency on top of commendations.

I'm working on that right now. I plan to have one faction just about to pop on each character, then vanguard, then I'll swap class items around and start leveling different factions on different characters. I'm going to try to not get a package between now and HoW. Also starting to save up daily event packages.

nOoblet16

I'm working on that right now. I plan to have one faction just about to pop on each character, then vanguard, then I'll swap class items around and start leveling different factions on different characters. I'm going to try to not get a package between now and HoW. Also starting to save up daily event packages.

I meant the packages will drop pre DLC loots even if you leave it unopened as that's how it worked for TDB.

E92 M3

HM was never really more difficult. It just made all the problems with the raid all that more obvious.

edit: ^ awesome, congrats Hudson!

Ding ding ding! Glad somebody gets it.

Also the anti-ethernet cable patch came around this time and introduced the quick stand insta kill glitch, don't remember exactly relative to HM release.

I used the word "hard" to describe the situation we're put in. It was hard initially learning all of the strategies and overcoming the numerous glitches and inconsistencies. Now, it wasn't hard in the traditional video game kind of way, but hard due to frustration and small margin of error that resulted from all of the glitches.

And fuck that insta-standup; nothing is more annoying.

Deku Tree

Was suppose to be tomorrow :(

Would have been so sweet! I am totally done with collecting TDB content. I have everything that I want... and I don't have the Crux. However if they use the time to add content and/or improve the game then I fully support the wait.

Ridli

Man, Urzok the Hated is a tough bastard. Managed to take him down twice before, but now that I need to do it for a bounty the fucker just wouldn't die.

Last time I had to do Urzok someone managed to cheese him off a cliff, Aetheon style. It was pretty funny.

Deku Tree

Man, Urzok the Hated is a tough bastard. Managed to take him down twice before, but now that I need to do it for a bounty the fucker just wouldn't die.

I defeated Urzok four times, never once failing to get it done. It's not that bad if you prepare. You should (1) bring friends (at least one) and (2) bring Arc Damage weapons (an Arc Shotgun and an Arc Heavy are key) and (3) know that Urzok is hard because he has a huge Arc Shield that regens very quickly if you stop hitting him but underneath that Arc Shield his health is puny. So once the shield is down you really need to keep attacking him non-stop until he's dead.

This is where having a friend is important because if you take his shield down and die and no one else is shooting him then his shield goes back up before you revive and the encounter is gonna be over before it started and you lost.

ocean

Banned
If you have a Titan, blinding him makes it real charming. A good shotgun like Found Verdict should make quick work of him :)

bosseye

Hard Mode Crota raid still eludes me. Its the one thing I haven't been able to do, I've attempted it lots of times with various people but thus far never managed to complete it.

Latest attempt was on Friday night, fireteam was made up of all level 32s (including me) who had all run HM multiple times before so were well experienced. The Swordrunner was well experienced. So there was me thinking, nice one, good group, this could finally be my chance to get Glowhoo and something else interesting, but we just couldn't do it. Crota kept glitching, he wouldn't kneel when his shield was off, or he would suddenly stand up after a couple of hits with the sword etc etc. Eventually we ran out of time so we gave up.

Its very frustrating! I really want glowhoo. Some other weapons might be nice too.

Also, to sum up my luck with exotics lately, I got another Mida Multitool from Deathsinger which is great, but I've had it for ages already and am not particularly a fan.

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, feel free. If I'm in Destiny, I'm usually available to raid, Crota or VoG, whatever.

PSN: BarryFishFinger

Felt dirty about this one. Got absolutely rekt one match and then this dropped

qJqphs.png

That's my third jellyhorn in about a month, so it's a bit worthless. But I'm still a bit hesitant about dismantling

What game mode did it drop on, control?

RemiLP

I defeated Urzok four times, never once failing to get it done. It's not that bad if you prepare. You should (1) bring friends (at least one) and (2) bring Arc Damage weapons (an Arc Shotgun and an Arc Heavy are key) and (3) know that Urzok is hard because he has a huge Arc Shield that regens very quickly if you stop hitting him but underneath that Arc Shield his health is puny. So once the shield is down you really need to keep attacking him non-stop until he's dead.

This is where having a friend is important because if you take his shield down and die and no one else is shooting him then his shield goes back up before you revive and the encounter is gonna be over before it started and you lost.

The hardest part about killing that bastard is that he usually spawn with the "enemies are moving against each other" event. I couldnt even touch him the first 3 tries. The 4th attempt, he spawned with the defend the warza thing. Killed him with ease then.

E92 M3

Urzok is supposedly one of the highest ranked soldiers in the Hive. "The Hated" is only bestowed on the few - maybe there could only be one. I think he had to kill the previous knight that held the title.

it'll be in another page when Bloodborne comes out

im on the fence about this one. Ive never played a souls game and Ive heard they are unrelentlessly difficult.

not sure if I need that pain in my life. I currenlty have RE R2 disc preordered but have been thinking of moving the money to bloodbourne but not sure if I can stomach it.

what say you gaf.

need something to play before HOW drops. do I want to go for a longer more challenging experience or a shorter one?

I can't figure out why Inferno is so boring to me. Like, it's crazy hectic and I'm constantly killing or being killed and running to every side of the map. Yet, somehow, the wins just feel hollow, and the loses don't make me feel like I need to improve anything about myself.

Is inferno doing it for anyone else?

The hardest part about killing that bastard is that he usually spawn with the "enemies are moving against each other" event. I couldnt even touch him the first 3 tries. The 4th attempt, he spawned with the defend the warza thing. Killed him with ease then.

this was the best use of song of ur yut Ive found. it melts Urzok pretty quickly.

noomi

nope, I don't give a shit anymore.

Not giving a shit means it will now drop for you... so yeah I don't care either
I do :(

Even if it drops for me at this point, I'll probably be happy but not screaming at the top of my lungs "OMGOMGOMGOMG" Just.... heh... cool I guess.

Why is FB still so good. did a NF this week with a maxed Fang of ur yut, 5 minutes later I switched to FB becuase it didnt feel like I was doing any damage. FB will one shot those solar shielded shanks while it feels like I was pecking away at them with fang.

althuogh the third eye perk was suprisingly useful in NF.
also still the most satisfying feeling gun in the game. granted I dont have Hawkmoon yet.

if im still using it when HOW drops Bungie has a problem.

I can't figure out why Inferno is so boring to me. Like, it's crazy hectic and I'm constantly killing or being killed and running to every side of the map. Yet, somehow, the wins just feel hollow, and the loses don't make me feel like I need to improve anything about myself.

Is inferno doing it for anyone else?

Is it only inferno that's doing that to you kor?

Urzok is supposedly one of the highest ranked soldiers in the Hive. "The Hated" is only bestowed on the few - maybe there could only be one. I think he had to kill the previous knight that held the title.
I always thought he killed the Hive's most fun loving party animal, "Steve, The Chick-Magnet".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom