• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't take any of my advice when it comes to the 4th. I don't have it leveled up since all shotguns wreck right now. I'll hang onto it in case the is a special use for it, but I haven't heard a compelling argument for having it take an exotic slot.

The potato gun comment refers more to the sound it makes. A pneumatic thwump.

The sound of the gun is boss. I use it just for the sound right now.

noomi

Btw do you have the gorgon HM checkpoint? There's a chance I migjy acutally be sleeping this time around :lol

No, got overwritten by beating Atheon last week. I only have an hour to get normal mode x3 done tomorrow so I probably won't be going for gorgon cp until later in the evening.

Sullichin

PVP is the reason I've played this game so much. I only have a handful of Crota HM clears and I have all of the weapons from both difficulties except for Light of the Abyss and the Crux.

Could use the Hunter / Warlock chests for better paths to 32 though, and helmets with infusion. Still have two HM clears to go this week. I'll probably get them if I see groups forming here but I'm more excited to do some full NM runs tomorrow. Maybe I will finally get the chest piece. NM is just more fun. Well, I like HM just as much really until the actual Crota fight.

im on the fence about this one. Ive never played a souls game and Ive heard they are unrelentlessly difficult.

not sure if I need that pain in my life. I currenlty have RE R2 disc preordered but have been thinking of moving the money to bloodbourne but not sure if I can stomach it.

what say you gaf.

need something to play before HOW drops. do I want to go for a longer more challenging experience or a shorter one?

It is a bit of an acquired taste. There is a steep learning curve to get over before the game really "clicks", but when it does, it is absolutely brilliant.

The first half of Dark Souls 1 is a masterpiece in game design. Second half, I think they ran out of time.

I quit playing when I got the
wing suit

dont know why but those "follow the icon on the map" games get boring after a while and so far this gen there is just way to many of them.

"Explore this area to find access!" "Go to this location to advance the game!"

Yeah that big yellow icon or the orange question mark really spoils the exploration in some cases

Deku Tree

How many weeks until the next expansion?

Have 3x32's. But: I did one Nightfall. One Normal and one HM Scrota. Did the weeklies, bought the claws and the Saint.

Don't have a Hard Light. (not sure I care)
Don't have a 4th Horseman. (reading Hudson's review I'm not sure I care)

I watch my friends from here playing other games, and to be honest, I think it's cool! Why the heck not? I might buy Helldivers just so I can see if Dhruv has a lightsaber in the game. :)

I have a big video game backlog. But instead of playing other games I am doing other things than Video Games. I have a big RL backlog too.

Skele7on

Banned
So just deleted a hunter. Starting Titan.

After he is at 20 I plan to solo flawless Crota. I cannot wait as it seems like it could be a lot of fun!

Namikaze1

it'll be in another page when Bloodborne comes out
The BB thread will be my new home. I'm getting it digital since the CE was sold out when. Bought a new controller in preparation for the 24th. All I got to do is buy a year of Plus soon since my current subscription is running out in April. I got the money for it but I'm waiting for a deal on it.

So just deleted a hunter. Starting Titan.

After he is at 20 I plan to solo flawless Crota. I cannot wait as it seems like it could be a lot of fun!

You will forget about your Hunter before long. I really like the Titan class and it will probably overtake my Hunter as my main.

GutZ31

Don't take any of my advice when it comes to the 4th. I don't have it leveled up since all shotguns wreck right now. I'll hang onto it in case the is a special use for it, but I haven't heard a compelling argument for having it take an exotic slot.

The potato gun comment refers more to the sound it makes. A pneumatic thwump.

Lol, sorry to everyone that took the potato gun reference to mean the gun sucks.

Hudson had gotten it while I was gaming with him, and as he was testing it I uttered "Haha, that sounds like a potato gun!".

Hudson originally called it something else, but I think potato gun has more of a following.

http://youtu.be/vXQgTXqZBdQ?t=48s

The BB thread will be my new home. I'm getting it digital since the CE was sold out when. Bought a new controller in preparation for the 24th. All I got to do is buy a year of Plus soon since my current subscription is running out in April. I got the money for it but I'm waiting for a deal on it.

I wish there was a little more meat to the CE. I would have bought it if there was something worthwhile included.

I am 100% digital now so the decision was easy. Already pre-ordered on PSN.

noomi

Nami going to spam the BB thread next? But but but.... who will keep this thread alive every 15 seconds? :p

Namikaze1

Too late. I already preordered it on PSN.

I wish there was a little more meat to the CE. I would have bought it if there was something worthwhile included.

I am 100% digital now so the decision was easy. Already pre-ordered on PSN.
I know what you mean. I personally was interested in the mini-art book but it wasn't enough for me to drop an additional $20.

Nami going to spam the BB thread next? But but but.... who will keep this thread alive every 15 seconds? :p
Noomi, I leave DGAF to you. Take good care of her for me will ya.

I can't figure out why Inferno is so boring to me. Like, it's crazy hectic and I'm constantly killing or being killed and running to every side of the map. Yet, somehow, the wins just feel hollow, and the loses don't make me feel like I need to improve anything about myself.

Is inferno doing it for anyone else?

Played it for a couple of hours and felt the exact same way

amar212

They'll drop current loots.
People did the same for TDB but it dropped non DLC stuff. The only exploit that worked was when people bought up their reputation level close to the next rank and ranked up only after TDB dropped to get the new stuff from vendor. Should work for HoW too in case they decide to introduce a new currency on top of commendations.

Hm. Okay than, I will use those packages for the small experiment.

Will report later.

I have various LV packages spreaded on all 3 chars and I am looking forward in opening them all now. I will do it tomorrow probably, to maximize the effect.

Why is FB still so good. did a NF this week with a maxed Fang of ur yut, 5 minutes later I switched to FB becuase it didnt feel like I was doing any damage. FB will one shot those solar shielded shanks while it feels like I was pecking away at them with fang.

althuogh the third eye perk was suprisingly useful in NF.
also still the most satisfying feeling gun in the game. granted I dont have Hawkmoon yet.

if im still using it when HOW drops Bungie has a problem.

I was the opposite. I switched to the fang and thought it was really good during the NF. I don't believe fatebringer kills the solar shielded shanks with one shot. You might wanna go back and try that again

Just so you know I've been using a fatebringer for months now so I'm not a fatebringer hater

E92 M3

Yeah, who are we kidding?
ourselves

We've become pros at that back in OT5 lol.

They need to drop a teaser trailer for HoW.

Honestly, I just want the Necro to buffed to rightful status and that will hold me off until HOW. Quality of life changes would also be appreciated. Just don't see what they can put in the trailer to excite us. Best parts of the DLC is always going to be the raids.

I've done everything I could possibly want to do in Destiny this week,
and I literally have everything I want in the game too...

I have every exotic weapon except the Necro (which is crap anyway).
I have every exotic armor that I want now that I got Saint14.
I have three of every Crota Raid Weapon (except I have only two Fang :( because RNG...)
I have a full set of Max Crota Raid armor on each Toon. And 26 Exotic Shards.

This week I did Gorgons 3x, Atheon 3x, NM Crota 3x, HM Crota 3x, NF 3x, Weekly 30 3x, and I have been doing the Daily 3x every day. I don't play PvP. My Grimoire score is 2705 and I consider that close enough to Max because the rest of the Grimoire stuff I don't care about... I'll reach max pulse rifle kills and max shotgun kills eventually but I'm in no rush for that... I have over 300 of each class material, and I have over 600 of each planetary material (my goal of over 800 of each will be obtained soon by continuing to do the Daily). I have over 1200 weapons parts, and 300 heavy ammo packs, and close to max glimmer... I find myself maxing duplicate weapons because I am at the glimmer cap and have nothing else to do with it. I reached max Vanguard Marks on all three toons this week because of speed ROC train.

... and yet somehow I wish there was more...

I wish I could do all that in a week, just once. My goal is to get a few hundred destination mats, class mats and max out my marks on all characters in prep for HoW. Playing like that would get me there quick.

phen0m24

Any advice on what is the fastest way to level up exotics? I have way too many primary exotics that need work.
Fastest way? Complete bounties, before turning them in pop an applicable telemetry (buy them from Xur) and make sure you have them equipped when you pick up packages from the postmaster.

I think about 30 bounties fills up an exotic.

edornob

Fastest way? Complete bounties, before turning them in pop an applicable telemetry (buy them from Xur) and make sure you have them equipped when you pick up packages from the postmaster.

I think about 30 bounties fills up an exotic.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom