• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Honestly, I just want the Necro to buffed to rightful status and that will hold me off until HOW. Quality of life changes would also be appreciated. Just don't see what they can put in the trailer to excite us. Best parts of the DLC is always going to be the raids.
I would cry if they buff Necrochasm. It's just a fun shitty weapon to use from time to time.

"Well guys, house of wolves is down the road. In this expansion you'll be working for the queen. Well I've said enough for now. See you next week."

Except about 14 times as long with the same information.

Don't forget to add in irrelevant facts and some random interviews with someone no one cares about.

PuMa

"Well guys, house of wolves is down the road. In this expansion you'll be working for the queen. Well I've said enough for now. See you next week."

Except about 14 times as long with the same information.

Lol. The accuracy of this post actually makes me sad. I'm laughing and crying.

Deku Tree

New VoG glitch @ gatekeepers.

Right portal disappears after one player comes outside with the relic. Other player can't come out.

That's a veryold glitch. Or a Bungie design choice logic working as intended. During gatekeepers the player who grabbed the relic always has to leave last.

E92 M3

Honestly, I love statistics and interview, there just aren't enough of them with substance.

Yes, we definitely need more statistics - Bungie has them. I would love to hear actual percentage of ownership for various weapons. It might put things in perspective for everyone.

I would cry if they buff Necrochasm. It's just a fun shitty weapon to use from time to time.

It's a lovely weapon with tons of potential :D

I need rare fusion rifles again. Why didn't I bother saving up. Whyyyyyy

Let's hope my Hunter has some good fortune with his encryptions

That's a veryold glitch. Or a Bungie design choice logic working as intended. During gatekeepers the player who grabbed the relic always has to leave last.

No this isn't that glitch. The portal disappears, no matter who comes out first. We can't bring it back up from outside.

From inside perspective it's still active but inside player just warps through the same side again and again.

I was the opposite. I switched to the fang and thought it was really good during the NF. I don't believe fatebringer kills the solar shielded shanks with one shot. You might wanna go back and try that again

Just so you know I've been using a fatebringer for months now so I'm not a fatebringer hater

its got to be the feels man. its just so satisfying to shoot. my love may be blinding me.

but I seem to remember it one shotting those shanks. but I may have just been in the moment

I might come back if someone has a Gorgon HM CP for me. but I got too many games to catch up on atm.

Lik pls -_- I'm guessing you didn't see my posts or get my psn message the other night after you posted looking for it?

im on the fence about this one. Ive never played a souls game and Ive heard they are unrelentlessly difficult... what say you gaf.

They just have steep initial learning curves and then become very manageable once it clicks. Also, summoning friends/NPCs can help a ton to get you over the hump of an especially tough boss. They are difficulty-done-right, it always serves a purpose and rarely feels unfair.

The first half of Dark Souls 1 is a masterpiece in game design. Second half, I think they ran out of time.

Booooo this Souls mini-meme. They clearly ran out of time for some parts (Izalith feels unfinished and Miyazaki even admitted that Bed of Crap-os was a botched rush job) but there's so much brilliant stuff in the second half. Areas with great environmental and level designs (New Londo, Duke's Archives, Crystal Caves, Tomb of Giants), lots of NPC story lines, while admittedly very hard to follow, have incredible payoffs, etc. Even bosses that don't work well mechanically (Pinwheel, Seathe 1st encounter, BoC, Ceaseless Discharge) work well artistically and lore-wise. Obviously it's all just opinions, but I don't like lumping 1st half vs. 2nd half so broadly... /souls rant :p

phen0m24

its got to be the feels man. its just so satisfying to shoot. my love may be blinding me.

but I seem to remember it one shotting those shanks. but I may have just been in the moment
Maybe it one shotted them on the weekly? Not shielded red bar.

I think it took a 331 arc LDR to bring them down in one shot on the NF.

Fatebringer made quick work of nearly everything else though. :)

Firefly or bust.

New VoG glitch @ gatekeepers.

Right portal disappears after one player comes outside with the relic. Other player can't come out.

Looks like a new glitch sometimes the portal doesnt open because it detects vex nearby and when you clear the area the timegate believes there is still a minotaur and wont open unless you let the timegate go down and re open it again.

No this isn't that glitch. The portal disappears, no matter who comes out first. We can't bring it back up from outside.

From inside perspective it's still active but inside player just warps through the same side again and again.

Willing to bet it's the same glitch, or at least the same thing happens where you can't open the portal again and the guy inside sees that same thing. Try again and just make sure the relic from that portal is the last one to leave.

Anyone have a crota normal check point?
I want to practice my sword skills

PSN hurt_and_scared

I have normal DSinger if you want that.

LTWood12

Lik pls -_- I'm guessing you didn't see my posts or get my psn message the other night after you posted looking for it?

They just have steep initial learning curves and then become very manageable once it clicks. Also, summoning friends/NPCs can help a ton to get you over the hump of an especially tough boss. They are difficulty-done-right, it always serves a purpose and rarely feels unfair.

Booooo this Souls mini-meme. They clearly ran out of time for some parts (Izalith feels unfinished and Miyazaki even admitted that Bed of Crap-os was a botched rush job) but there's so much brilliant stuff in the second half. Areas with great environmental and level designs (New Londo, Duke's Archives, Crystal Caves, Tomb of Giants), lots of NPC story lines, while admittedly very hard to follow, have incredible payoffs, etc. Even bosses that don't work well mechanically (Pinwheel, Seathe 1st encounter, BoC, Ceaseless Discharge) work well artistically and lore-wise. Obviously it's all just opinions, but I don't like lumping 1st half vs. 2nd half so broadly... /souls rant :p

One of my biggest gaming regrets is never finishing Dark Souls. Got to Sen's Fortress then got busy. Went back last year and finally got through SF, but stopped at Anor Londo. I love the game though. It reminds me so much of Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Can't wait to try BB.

Willing to bet it's the same glitch, or at least the same thing happens where you can't open the portal again and the guy inside sees that same thing. Try again and just make sure the relic from that portal is the last one to leave.

Yeah it happened 3 times in a row, then we had to go back to orbit to reset it.

We had one person dead on the plate each time, maybe that messed it up.

Ryck

Anyone running Crota Normal or VOG ( any mode)? I am bored of bounties and my friend list is kinda barren.

Ryck007

Yeah it happened 3 times in a row, then we had to go back to orbit to reset it.

We had one person dead on the plate each time, maybe that messed it up.

Yeah having people dead could cause issues, for example if someone joins during Atheon and spawns in dead the game will still consider that person "alive" outside the portals and not cause the "lost in the dark corners of time" wipe if everyone else is dead outside. Also weird lag stuff can make the portals not activate properly, or if anybody is getting disconnected or joining the session. Lots of weird things like that can happen for sure.

Doesthegunsmithhaverarefusionrifles.Com worked for me

open-fridge.gif

I didn't mean it to come off so harsh. The second half isn't bad, it is very good, just not masterful. Izalith is clearly unfinished. The other areas are done well, but the pacing falls off as your character starts to become very powerful and steamroll to the end.

The first half is brilliant. The build up as you ring both bells, fight your way through Anor Londo and culminating in Ornstein & Smough is masterful. The presentation, level design, pacing and difficulty curve are unmatched anywhere in gaming. The second half of the game just couldn't compete. It is a side effect of the game being "open" at the end and not as directed.

Artoious of the Abyss however, made up for a lot of shortcomongs by being the best DLC ever created.

Any advice on what is the fastest way to level up exotics? I have way too many primary exotics that need work.
spread them through other characters and have them equipped when turning in the day's bounties. That's about all I can think of.

I tend to pick a weapon to play with for the week and work towards getting it leveled. Can usually be done by the reset with me playing a couple of hours each day. Don't forget about those telemetries!

amar212

Bungie needs to hurry up and announce some exciting news. Such as buffing a bunch of exotics.

No, please!

Exotics should stay as they are. They should not become more powerful of whatever, their "strength" have to reside in some special abilities, not sheer power.

I like all my exotics because different things and I use them accordingly.

It would be stupid if all exotics would become strong as Suros, Vex, Thorn or Gjalahorn.

They are fine. More than fine.

I have all exotics BTW, so I am speaking as normativelly unbiased.

Shito

One of my biggest gaming regrets is never finishing Dark Souls. Got to Sen's Fortress then got busy. Went back last year and finally got through SF, but stopped at Anor Londo. I love the game though. It reminds me so much of Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Can't wait to try BB.
Sen's is most probably my favourite "level" in the whole Souls serie.
Brilliant stuff, quite small yet so tight, with lots of smart design decisions in it. I absolutely loved my first time going through it. Plus, it's the home of motherfucking Tarkus, the best npc phantom ever. :3
I found that Anor London had too much "empty spaces" in it to compare, but it's still a very very good level, culminating with the most iconic boss of the whole serie. I would recommend that you try to come back to the game and experience it yourself.

No, please!

Exotics should stay as they are. They should not become more powerful of whatever, their "strength" have to reside in some special abilities, not sheer power.

It would be stupid if all exotics would become strong as Suros, Vex, Thorn or Gjalahorn.

I could not disagree more.
There should be more exotics like the Horn or Icebreaker.

No, please!

I agree with this in general. I think the spirit of Exotics is to do something Unique that other guns can't do, not necessarily being all powerful. Many have a pro/con or cost/benefit aspect to using them.

That being said, some could use a few tweaks to get the right balance.

NLB in particular needs its unique perk to be significantly buffed.

Some exotic perks just don't really justify their usefulness like SGA.

LTWood12

Sen's is most probably my favourite "level" in the whole Souls serie.
Brilliant stuff, quite small yet so tight, with lots of smart design decisions in it. I absolutely loved my first time going through it. Plus, it's the home of motherfucking Tarkus, the best npc phantom ever. :3
I found that Anor London had too much "empty spaces" in it to compare, but it's still a very very good level, culminating with the most iconic boss of the whole serie. I would recommend that you try to come back to the game and experience it yourself.

I could not disagree more.
There should be more exotics like the Horn or Icebreaker.

Yeah it felt so good to finally get through the fortress. It really is some brilliant design work. I definitely need to finish the game.

Anyone wanna help a lowly 27 through VoG HM or CE NM? I've been having the worst luck with RNG and need some good news with a lot of stress in the rest of my life . . .

No, please!

It depends in the exotic. Look a 4th horsemen. It's "exotic" ability is auto fire. That's it. A perk that literally every shotgun can roll. And even a different exotic shotgun already has.

No, please!

The necrochasm should at least be a viable option for the raid but it's not. That's why it needs a buff

bosseye

When are you available to play? Time zone? Happy to help you finish him off sometime, I'm sure there'll be other folks around here who still need to kill him before reset or want to help out.

Oh yeah, sorry. I'm usually around from 7pm GMT (I'm in the UK). Basically anyone feel free to send me a FR (maybe let me know you're from GAF in it) and if you see me online it usually means I'm available to play whatever. Croat HM is just what's bugging me at the moment as never completed.

Cheers. PSN BarryFishFinger, lvl 32 Warlock.

It depends in the exotic. Look a 4th horsemen. It's "exotic" ability is auto fire. That's it. A perk that literally every shotgun can roll. And even a different exotic shotgun already has.

True, but taken as a whole, its base stats (non-bugged) with ulta high Stability make it handle in a way no other shotty does. Its unique perk will keep refilling anmo so it does play very uniquely even though other shotguns have similat perks.

Anyone wanna help a lowly 27 through VoG HM or CE NM? I've been having the worst luck with RNG and need some good news with a lot of stress in the rest of my life . . .

Welp lvl27 is too low for VoG HM or CE NM. The level scaling puts you at a ~50% and greater disadvantage. I dont think you can dmg anything at that level. You can beat it but you're gonna get carry hard.

Its prob alot easier and more efficient for you be to carry through CE NM. Its alot faster and the armor drops are what allows you to hit level 32. Plus its pretty easy to carry someone through CE since the first part can be solo'ed, the bridge can be cheesed with a warlock, deathsinger+ crota will need 2-3 more people. I would help you out but currently busy with RL things and wont be able to get online for another 7-8 hours. If you are able to be on around ~11:30-midnight EST (well maybe later since I am going to my best bud's place after class tonight) , I can help you clear it before the reset. If not then I can help you out tomorrow after the reset.

edit: of course if you manage to get it done, that would be better then waiting for me who is easily distracted and can loss track of time easily :p. Seems like the Dr.Lawyercop is willing to help out as well :)

edit:
Oh yeah, sorry. I'm usually around from 7pm GMT (I'm in the UK). Basically anyone feel free to send me a FR (maybe let me know you're from GAF in it) and if you see me online it usually means I'm available to play whatever. Croat HM is just what's bugging me at the moment as never completed.

Cheers. PSN BarryFishFinger, lvl 32 Warlock.
I also sent you an friend request. I can help you kill Scrota if Drizzay doesnt have the time whenever.

I think it takes 3-4 shots to kill the shanks. I love Fatebringer too but the fang with arc burn is just super smooth and powerful. I think they're both pretty fucking good

True, but taken as a whole, its base stats (non-bugged) with ulta high Stability make it handle in a way no other shotty does. Its unique perk will keep refilling anmo so it does play very uniquely even though other shotguns have similat perks.

Invective is pretty stable too. I Never leveled my 4th horseman so I don't know how it compares. I do know that invective is a DPS beast with that insanely fast ROF

Are you talking about horseman or invective.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
No, please!

Er, while I agree that exotics should be unique and not simply about dps, some of them absolutely need to be tweaked.

Ambitious

Anyone remember the Assault mode from Unreal Tournament 2004?

It was a pretty amazing objective-based PvP mode. One team had to fulfill a set of objectives, while the other team had to prevent them from doing so. My two favorite levels were Convoy, in which the attacking team had to steal missiles from a moving convoy and Mothership, in which the attacking team had to infiltrate and destroy a huge mothership (you can actually fly a small spacecraft in this one).

Something like that could be awesome in Destiny. However, it would require new maps and some actual work, so it won't happen. Can't expect that from the devs who disable the on-screen radar and call it a new PvP mode.

E92 M3

No, please!

I also have all of the exotics and think useless weapons are boring. The more potent weaponry we have, the more unique loadouts people can have. Look at how revitalizing the shotgun buff was! Nobody wants to play with weak weapons no matter how interesting the perk is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom