• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vctor182

Just bought my 1st Exotic Icebreaker over the weekend (omg what a gamechanger) and recently got a exotic bounty quest.

I'm pretty sure I'd just keep using Icebreaker, but does anyone have opinions on Thorn, Invective, and Bad Juju?

Thorn is one of the best exotics for either PvP and PV3 but the bounty is the hardest one (achieve 500 points in crucible by killing with void weapons, hunt and kill Xyor).
Invective got a huge buff last update and has the easiest bounty of the three but is also the worst exotic of those.
Bad Juju got a recent buff as well, goes along with obsidian mind void warlock like peanut butter and jelly. Bounty is ok but you need to purchase something from Xur to complete it.

I'd pick Bad Juju or Invective if you're just starting to get exotic weapons.

phen0m24

Just bought my 1st Exotic Icebreaker over the weekend (omg what a gamechanger) and recently got a exotic bounty quest.

I'm pretty sure I'd just keep using Icebreaker, but does anyone have opinions on Thorn, Invective, and Bad Juju?

Do you play PvP or PvE mostly?

Thorn is one of the best PvP handcannons in the game, along with Hawkmoon and The Last Word, which was recently nerfed. Whenever your character gets hit and is "on fire" in PvP, that is Thorn's Damage over Time (DoT) perk in action.

Invective. Beast in PvP, but if you have Ice Breaker equipped you'll NEVER use it in PvE. 4 rounds in the tube and rapid fire rate with high DPS. Regenerates ammo a la Ice Breaker.

Bad Juju is a pulse rifle, which means it got buffed recently, and it's signature perk is if you get a kill with it it automatically reloads your ammo. (String of Curses)

Time to complete: (shortest to longest)
1) Invective
2) Thorn (depending on proficiency in PvP and availability of Void weapons - 2 and 3 could be switched)
3) Bad Juju (completing 25 strikes takes time)

Most people pick Thorn.
I did. And I made my 10 year old do the PvP, which he did in a couple hours. Yeah, I'm not ashamed. He's good. :)

shermas

Congrats. All three are very good now. Thorn is the most involved quest, but is a killer PvP gun. Ice Breaker will be a staple regardless of what else you acquire doen the line. Its a good staple weapon.

Bad Juju and Invective are great PvE weapons. If you have a Warlock, Bad Juju has a great dynergy with Obsidian Mind helm of you have that.

I just picked up the Thorn quest, as well... I thought about doing Invective, but I already have the Swordbreaker shotgun and I'm nearly done levelling it.

Did Crota 2x this morning and got the Light of the Abyss both times.

frankly if you don't mind me asking what did you mean the community gets a lot of grief? Or are you talking about destiny in general? Hmm destiny in general is a complete grind fest without any indication of what does what. It doesn't explain much.

I personally believe the destinygaf community is one of the best, if not the best gaming community I have experienced.

well unless there's a secert patch to prevent this, if you remain log in you should be able to load up another checkpoint. I haven't done that in awhile but I remember drizzay saying how he was booted from the game when he tried to load another checkpoint last week.

I meant Destiny community in general. People say no one is helpful, but they are. At least this pocket of the community is :D

Gala

Some nice UK folks carried me through Crotas End normal and I got tons of loot, lots of shards and stuff, the cryptographic shader, Unyielding Casque (now I can finally switch to Crest of Alpa Lupi <3), Dogged Gage, Tireless Striders and a Hunger of Crota. Gonna get to 32 in no time now!

Now I only need a decent void weapon for the Thorn bounty and a replacement for Icebreaker, when I want to use Thorn.

Iceman829

but if they added a new, higher difficulty level to VoG, then that would mean that they would have to fix the glitches on top of coding a higher level... or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

According to their track record with this game they would break it even more. All of their good faith in my book was flushed down the toilet a long time ago. The next time I hear someone from Bungie say "just trust us" I'll tell them to F off. I still have no desire to play this game after I beat the HoW raid.

whys the daily always the same missions?

never like shrine of oryx or whatever

is it cuz theres bounties for those and they want to spread out the fun?

I still have no desire to play this game after I beat the HoW raid.

lol.. 3 months later

"i still have no desire to play this game after the comet raid"

Iceman829

Remember the good ol' days when we had to resort to hiding under the platform.

Oh those were the times.

You can still hide under the platform. It just requires jumping in from the rear. The last I checked they never patched the back door on that part. It's just safer by the start since everyone can't make the jump.

GlamFM

Banned
Some nice UK folks carried me through Crotas End normal and I got tons of loot, lots of shards and stuff, the cryptographic shader, Unyielding Casque (now I can finally switch to Crest of Alpa Lupi <3), Dogged Gage, Tireless Striders and a Hunger of Crota. Gonna get to 32 in no time now!

Now I only need a decent void weapon for the Thorn bounty and a replacement for Icebreaker, when I want to use Thorn.

Helm on the first go is just crazy.

Play hard mode now and hope for the Word of Crota - the only useful void primary in the game.

Namikaze1

Play hard mode now and hope for the Word of Crota - the only useful void primary in the game.
Somewhere, in a place all discarded Destiny weapons are sent to after being dismantled, a lone Atheon's Epilogue weeps.

Gala

Oh is the helmet that good? I have a hard time to evaluate what's actually good or not so good in Destiny right now.

Probably gonna run ROC Playlist for the rest of the evening to level shit up. The weekly is midnight, isn't it? Is it different for europe and the usa or does the reset stick to US time?

Skele7on

Banned
With multiple maxed Horns he's toast in no time.

I seem to remember Fig and I just burning him down

Somewhere, in a place all discarded Destiny weapons are sent to after being dismantled, a lone Atheon's Epilogue weeps.

Still got my atheons I love it still, she's my bae, wanna fight about it?

I bloody hope soon I can play private PVP games, some players out there I just want to wreck after they send me messages, ala Halo 2/3 style.

Skele7on

Banned
Ice Breaker until the end

THEN BREAK OUT THE HORN

bkwKq.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Three black hammers will take him down faster than three horns. You can continually stun lock him while at the same time if you don't miss you are shooting him until he goes down. We killed him in less than 10 seconds last NF as such.

Namikaze1

Still got my atheons I love it still, she's my bae, wanna fight about it?

I bloody hope soon I can play private PVP games, some players out there I just want to wreck after they send me messages, ala Halo 2/3 style.
I threw that POS peashooter away once I got the new void hotness. I don't need two POS peashooters in my life! Necrochasm is more than enough to suit my POS peashooter needs!

GlamFM

Banned
Oh is the helmet that good? I have a hard time to evaluate what's actually good or not so good in Destiny right now.

Probably gonna run ROC Playlist for the rest of the evening to level shit up. The weekly is midnight, isn't it? Is it different for europe and the usa or does the reset stick to US time?

Reset is Tuesday at 10 in the morning for us Germany boys. Helm is just rare and you need it if you want to be 32 while using any exotic gear.

There is one awesome version of the helmet that has infusion - did you get that one?

;)

phen0m24

Three black hammers will take him down faster than three horns. You can continually stun lock him while at the same time if you don't miss you are shooting him until he goes down. We killed him in less than 10 seconds last NF as such.

Kadey you're so gosh darn efficient..
(I can't hit crap with a Black Hammer that isn't a Devil Walker)

You mean you don't love three Horn "lock-on" sounds going off in tandem?
The Wolfpack rounds just mowing down everything in sight?

Less than 10 seconds seems so anti-climactic, I mean that's less than Nathan Fillion's intro I bet....

(I need to try the BH)

PS:
What kind of prizes

Reset is Tuesday at 10 in the morning for us Germany boys. Helm is just rare and you need it if you want to be 32 while using any exotic gear.

There is one awesome version of the helmet that had infusion - did you get that one?

;)
I've only gotten 5 helms total, and i've been lucky enough to have 2 of them with the infusion perk... the one i got for my warlock is pretty good, with inverse shadow. :)

haha yeah true that. This week I'm gonna rush him.

First nightfall using Gjallahorn.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED GAF.

Classic Zoba.

With multiple maxed Horns he's toast in no time.

I seem to remember Fig and I just burning him down

Primary: Fatebringer
Secondary: Black Hammer
Heavy: Gjallarhorn

Ice Breaker until the end

THEN BREAK OUT THE HORN

Is this necessary guys?

Gala

There is one awesome version of the helmet that had infusion - did you get that one?

Mine got Light the Blade, Invigoration and Moment of Power

But they need to old raid to be itrelevant so that they can sell the new raid

well im probably not going to cry when HOC, Abyss Defiant and fang become irrelivent.

maybe a little for black hammer

but once VOC, FB, and corrective measure get completly outlcassed due to damage. I will hold a funeral procession

whats wrong with a monthly raid or just adding modifiers and levels for buffed weopons?
they want us to play the new raid I get that, but at the stage of boredom between expansion like now. Crota was on the farm with in 2 weeks, same with HM. with the new raid drop system i'd say that mots everyone had 75% percent of gear for Crota with the first 2-3 weeks.

give me a level 32 VOG with void burn or lightswitch avaible for one week a month for a chance at upgraded versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom