• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, so, my cousin-in-law is really wanting to run through Vault of Glass as he's never done it before. He even went as far as to try to solo it but realized quick that that wouldn't work. He doesn't have many friends on PSN and so I told him I'd use my "resources" to get a group going.

Anyways, if any kind souls would like to run through a normal VoG to help a new person unfamiliar with the raid, I would be very thankful. I have yet to schedule anything, but if sometime tonight (EST) would work for 4 other people, we could make it happen. I know everyone has moved to Crota, but how about returning to your roots one more time?

1. me
2. friend

Greaaaaaaat guys. Stop giving him ideas! MORE reason to fear TG in the Crucible. Oh man.
There's nowhere left to hide!

Special ammo is so abundant right now that it's totally worth it to throw a couple blind shots in to areas like that. Often times, you'll come up with a hit.

I'm curious if the upcoming special ammo nerf affects sniper rifles much. I feel like they only mentioned it in context of shotguns and fusions.

All right, so, my cousin-in-law is really wanting to run through Vault of Glass as he's never done it before. He even went as far as to try to solo it but realized quick that that wouldn't work. He doesn't have many friends on PSN and so I told him I'd use my "resources" to get a group going.

Anyways, if any kind souls would like to run through a normal VoG to help a new person unfamiliar with the raid, I would be very thankful. I have yet to schedule anything, but if sometime tonight (EST) would work for 4 other people, we could make it happen. I know everyone has moved to Crota, but how about returning to your roots one more time?

1. me
2. friend
let me know what time you are thinking and if I am able to do it, I shall :)

GlamFM

Banned

1. me
2. friend

It the timing works for me I'm in.

WipedOut

Would be funny if Bungie was like: Surprise motherfuckers patch is out today!

Wouldn't' that be wishful thinking.

978b4b9cdca175fcd0f2fab1b57600a24829309d41939e4dd721d9415ebca025.jpg

1. me
2. friend

ME!!! GKW212. I'll be around chilling most of the night so just gimme a heads up so I'm not in the middle of a NF.

stb

Yeah that's fine.

Works for me!

Not long after, maybe 8:30 or 9. I could check in once I'm back and see what the deal is.

That's fine with me.

OK, I think we're good for 8:30 then. If we need ich00 to sub, we can start at 8:30 and he can join late or for the second run.

Is everyone comfortable/happy with running NM then HM, or would something else be better? I've got about 2.5 hours to play tonight, assuming we start at 8:30. Last week's HM got stuck on Crota, too.

Updated:

Normal and/or Hard full Crota's End tonight at 8:30pm Eastern [edit: note the new time, this got pushed back 30 mins]:

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
a1) ich00 (PSN Ichabod00)
a2) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet)
a3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)

ich00

OK; you're the second vote for a later start.

ich00 and schwagger15; would 8:30 be better, or do you guys need 9 eastern to be able to confirm?

Everyone else, does 8:30 or 9 work?

9 is best, if I can be on earlier I'll jump on. Unfortunately I'm at the will of a 2 year old, and sometimes he's a bit stubborn. Plus the quested way to get the wife to enrage is for me to start playing before he's asleep, and she rarely glitches out, so it's most of the time an insta kill.

edit: just saw your reply. let me know if you need me at 830, I can get away with playing from my vita in the first few parts of the raid, just won't have a mic.

If you are talking about that last death, communication was almost zilch, and I failed to call out that I was aiming across while you were doing the same.

Sucks, but I think we were all tired.

Next time, more call outs. ;)

We totally needed a leader. We had some pro's (you and fig), but we didn't have someone saying "Hey, I've done CE flawless, and this is what we need to do." I'm sure given enough time we could have figured it out.

We probably should have called the Crota4Cash guys. I think they have a "flawless" option.

GlamFM

Banned
Thanks a bunch, guys :)

I'm thinking 8 EST as long as the servers are back. Let me know if that works for you all.

1. me
2. friend
3. rawr
4. glam
5. gkw212

Oops nope, way too late for Germany boy.

You'll find someone else. Sorry.

E92 M3

Haybro

OK, I think we're good for 8:30 then. If we need ich00 to sub, we can start at 8:30 and he can join late or for the second run.

Is everyone comfortable/happy with running NM then HM, or would something else be better? I've got about 2.5 hours to play tonight, assuming we start at 8:30. Last week's HM got stuck on Crota, too.

Updated:

Normal and/or Hard full Crota's End tonight at 8:30pm Eastern [edit: note the new time, this got pushed back 30 mins]:

3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)

This is a good group right here.

Good luck guys, if you plan on running any more later this week let me know!

stb

This is a good group right here.

Good luck guys, if you plan on running any more later this week let me know!

Indeed! Glad to play with you guys (you included, StereoType) whenever it's possible.

There's a pretty good chance most of that group will want to run NM 2x, in which case I'd need/want someone to take my slot (I only have one raid-level character).

ich00 and manicstreet is signed up to alt, but I'll throw you on there, too, either to sub in for the second NM, or in case the "overflow" can throw an impromptu HM together.

GutZ31

We totally needed a leader. We had some pro's (you and fig), but we didn't have someone saying "Hey, I've done CE flawless, and this is what we need to do." I'm sure given enough time we could have figured it out.

We probably should have called the Crota4Cash guys. I think they have a "flawless" option.

We are far too frabjous for that.
83TUFUOY_400x400.jpeg

As for the "Pro's", we are VoG Flawless, not Crota, lol.

Decided to finish off The Order with the down time. I thought it was good. Very short game, but not as bad as the critics made it out to be. Far from perfect, but not terrible. I would give it a 7/10.

Shito

Decided to finish off The Order with the down time. I thought it was good. Very short game, but not as bad as the critics made it out to be. Far from perfect, but not terrible. I would give it a 7/10.
Totally agree on that.
I had a good time with the game, and I quite enjoyed its world and characters. It left me wanting for more at the end...

spyder_ur

Updated:

3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
a3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)

Sounds good - I am really fine with whatever. If I get held up I will send you a PSN message. Should be fine, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom