• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

I can do this later for serious but basically after firing: hit reload and then immediately sprint forward one step. You should now be able to shoot again, essentially giving you a slight increase to rate of fire. This only works if you have reserve ammo, otherwise you can only cancel the animation but will still have to wait the same amount of time until you can fire again.

This takes a lot of practice so that it becomes reflexive (or at least it did for my relatively old brain).

Or you can just use it the old fashioned way (and be doomed).
So what you're saying is I should just stick to Necrochasm? Okay then! Got it! I'll stick to Necrochasm.

Hey, you guys want to see what it looks like when Kor has an aneurysm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NimrX5JpfbA

TL;DR version
SGRm3tg.png

you punch that thing takes like 3-4 hits

I was thinking that confluxes and gatekeepers would be the most difficult part

Yeah, those will suck too. Funny that Atheon is probably the "easiest" section.

Guess you will have to rely on Supers at conflux. Just not enough RoF for some of those waves.

Aesthet1c

Heya Destiny GAF.

I've been on a few month break from the game, but I decided to finally bite on the DLC and come back. I've spent the last week or so gearing up and I'm level 30 and looking to hit Crota normal.

I know a lot of people mostly have friends, but how is everyone getting Crota done? Do you just pick up a group each week and go? Are there any regular groups that are down a person and need a spot filled. I'd like to try and get in somehow but I don't know if I should just be looking for a pug group or try to find a group that meets weekly and has a spot open.

So if anyone needs a spot filled let me know! I'm a level 30 warlock. I'm usually on late evenings, like 8 PST.

Heya Destiny GAF.

I've been on a few month break from the game, but I decided to finally bite on the DLC and come back. I've spent the last week or so gearing up and I'm level 30 and looking to hit Crota normal.

I know a lot of people mostly have friends, but how is everyone getting Crota done? Do you just pick up a group each week and go? Are there any regular groups that are down a person and need a spot filled. I'd like to try and get in somehow but I don't know if I should just be looking for a pug group or try to find a group that meets weekly and has a spot open.

So if anyone needs a spot filled let me know! I'm a level 30 warlock. I'm usually on late evenings, like 8 PST.

Whenever you are ready to go you have two options?

Either post this:
Anyone looking for 1 more for normal Crota?

Or post this:
Looking for Normal mode Crota (full run).
1. Aesthet1c

Starting at Xpm.
Running with minimal/maximum cheese.

People pretty much instinctively know what you're looking for when they see that numbered list.

Heya Destiny GAF.

I mostly raid with a handful of the same people every week, but your best bet is to just come here when you're looking to do it. Either start a group or join one if you see it forming. Reset days are the most active and probably the easiest day to find a group quickly.

Any 32 Titans need a HM Crota kill? Trying to take him out in one or 2 Swords

What's the strat for 1 sword kill? I wouldn't think 1 sword HM kill is possible, even with unlimited orbs. Something like 5 supers per kneel on 3 shield breaks would barely get him and that would be pretty tough to pull off.

CozMick

Banned
Destiny fucking HATES me.

My most wanted weapon, The 4th Horseman...

Ran the nightfall with my 1st son.

20150310192227xgsq4.jpg

Then a short time later I ran the nightfall again with my 2nd son

20150310192252j9sqx.jpg

Fuck my life and fuck you Bungie.

Deku Tree

Not sure if this is even why you were asking, but you can't overwrite a later raid CP with an earlier one. For example, if you have Gorgons CP but join a Templar game and wipe, you won't keep Templar and will still have Gorgons (unless you've restarted the raid progress from the mission selection). So doing abyss-bridge won't erase Crota.

Right, I know that. I was too brief. I wanted help transferring my HM Crota checkpoint from one toon to another toon. We did it. :)

BTW, It is so weird that 4th Horesman starts out at 286 attack where as all other exotics now start at 302 attack...

20150310192227xgsq4.jpg

20150310192252j9sqx.jpg

To be honest the 4th horseman is not that good. Just use invective if you want an exotic shotgun.

Wow you feel quite strongly.

20150310192227xgsq4.jpg

20150310192252j9sqx.jpg

hate to rub it in but...I got the Fourth Horseman today also. It was the only exotic that I need besides the Crux

CozMick

Banned
Right, I know that. I was too brief. I wanted help transferring my HM Crota checkpoint from one toon to another toon. We did it. :)

BTW, It is so weird that 4th Horesman starts out at 286 attack where as all other exotics now start at 302 attack...

To be honest the 4th horseman is not that good. Just use invective if you want an exotic shotgun.

Wow you feel quite strongly.

To be honest its the reason I bought the dark below :(

Don't really want it for the stats, it just looks badass.

Deku Tree

To be honest its the reason I bought the dark below :(

Don't really want it for the stats, it just looks badass.

Given the Brutal RNG nature of this game and the fact that it's a Sony exclusive weapon the statistical probability of your getting it is actually quite low I am sorry to say. I got it somehow with the help of RNG right after TDB launched.

Will either of your sons let you mess around with it on their accounts?

Aesthet1c

Whenever you are ready to go you have two options?

Either post this:

Or post this:

People pretty much instinctively know what you're looking for when they see that numbered list.

I mostly raid with a handful of the same people every week, but your best bet is to just come here when you're looking to do it. Either start a group or join one if you see it forming. Reset days are the most active and probably the easiest day to find a group quickly.

Sweet thanks guys. I'll hop on tonight and hope to find something.

All these horns dropping today...

clearly means they'll all be gone by the time I get home from work today. Disappointment incoming... again...

edit: top of page... *sigh*... whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom