• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

GREAT NEWS: I get a gjallahorn to drop

BAD NEWS: The game bugged so I didn't so I didn't get to see it drop. I just checked my inventory and Gjallahorn was there. WAy to rob me of my moment of triumph!

You can recreate that moment with the app, over and over and over again.

BAD NEWS: The game bugged so I didn't so I didn't get to see it drop. I just checked my inventory and Gjallahorn was there. WAy to rob me of my moment of triumph!

Similar thing happened to me when the host immediately went to orbit. Was madly searching my inventory in orbit and saw the flashing square on the Heavy slot. My heart skipped a beat and there it was. Still exciting, although not quite the same.

Just finished two NF runs: two with rNilla; and one each with rasengan1337; and MiniMe1886.

Lots of rockets on the priest meant 30 second takedowns - and then his minions still one shot me both times. I lucked out with lots of Ascendant Energy! Who wants exotics anyway? 😀

Cheers
yeah, i got 3 exotics, but a gjally ain't one... the thirst is yet unquenched... XD

Np, congrats. I assume it was your first?

Enjoy, it is an amazing gun. Arcburns are a sight to behold.

Mine wasn't leveled when I did nightfalls last week, but I was just messing around last night during bounties, and I was very impressed with the overall way it handles. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it made me want to fire it one bullet at a time. So I went around the Citadel just plinking things. Yellow Harpies took about 5 shots, and most everything else was a one shot. I could get a decent amount of crits for a machine gun. Of course it was also nice to just hold the trigger down for the Yellow Minotaurs.

Congrats!

You can recreate that moment with the app, over and over and over again.

Brilliant. I'm going to do that ad nauseam when I finally get one. When I finally get one.....trying to stay positive here.

Deku Tree

Mine wasn't leveled when I did nightfalls last week, but I was just messing around last night during bounties, and I was very impressed with the overall way it handles. I can't put my finger on it, but something about it made me want to fire it one bullet at a time. So I went around the Citadel just plinking things. Yellow Harpies took about 5 shots, and most everything else was a one shot. I could get a decent amount of crits for a machine gun. Of course it was also nice to just hold the trigger down for the Yellow Minotaurs.

Thunderlord is not really Thunderlord until you unlock it's unique perk.

I remarked yesterday that on Arcburns I will use it as a Scout rifle and hair trigger precision shots for fun. Works great on short to mid range.

Make no mistake, holding down the trigger to unleash its unique perk is draw dropping. Mow down waves of enemies and watch Boss health bars melt. Mmm, so good.

Especially using the Field Scout -> Perfect Balance trick.

Sullichin

Yeah I like to use it as a primary weapon in strikes.

Also, one clip of Thunderlord = Crota's Soul gone instantly in that wakening mission

Its that time again this week.....time to shoot my shot at for Gally again......cant wait to get home from work. 2 more hours!!#?!#>#!

heres the trick. when you get to the rewards screen on your NF, deathsinger, gorgons, and Scrota. you need to say "Come on No Land Beyond!"

then, and only then will the GHorn drop.

Thunderlord is not really Thunderlord until you unlock it's unique perk.

I really want one.

Hiko

Banned
I remarked yesterday that on Arcburns I will use it as a Scout rifle and hair trigger precision shots for fun. Works great on short to mid range.

Make no mistake, holding down the trigger to unleash its unique perk is draw dropping. Mow down waves of enemies and watch Boss health bars melt. Mmm, so good.

If you're not using field scout, thunderlord is just another high impact machine gun.

phen0m24

It is beastly. I'm not going to lie though, I use Against All Odds more because it gives a slower RoF when ADSing. It's like a sniper rifle.

When TLord goes into its "HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD SHOOT THIS FAST AND OH GOSH I'M OUT OF AMMO ALREADY" mode it makes me appreciate AAO more.

I really really really like AAO. :)

If you're not using field scout, thunderlord is just another high impact machine gun.

no, you use field scout for the extra ammo and then change it to perfect balance. I do that on a lot of guns. switch back before you reload, rinse repeat. best of both worlds. first discovered when I was playing with fatebringers FS and ER perks.

Looking for one more for Nightfall on Xbox One. Want to switch in my 27 hunter during the boss battle, so having a third would be nice. GT: BlueNinja BE.

Hiko

Banned
no, you use field scout for the extra ammo and then change it to perfect balance. I do that on a lot of guns. switch back before you reload, rinse repeat. best of both worlds. first discovered when I was playing with fatebringers FS and ER perks.

I feel like a complete idiot now

heres the trick. when you get to the rewards screen on your NF, deathsinger, gorgons, and Scrota. you need to say "Come on No Land Beyond!"

then, and only then will the GHorn drop.

I really want one.

Thunderlord lives up to its name one of the funnest guns to shoot in the game IMO.

I will be chanting no land beyond tonight.

I'll have to try that. Coming from Corrective Measure, the deep clip is what I miss the most.

tick221

Holy cow why didn't I think of that, 9 months in and I'm still learning lol

Sullichin

I'm diassapointed they didn't name the unique perk "Rolling Thunder". " Lightning Rounds" doesn't quite cut it.

The description doesn't mention the arc lightning explosions either.

Field Scout -> PB trick is nice but I usually just stick with Field Scout, too lazy to change every time. It's still very good at close-mid range and becomes more accurate.

I'm diassapointed they didn't name the unique perk "Rolling Thunder". " Lightning Rounds" doesn't quite cut it.

so the longer you hold it the faster it goes. they should have called it, orgasmic!

or
"dont worry, it happens to alot of guys"

actually, rolling thunder is way more appropriate. I really need one. I dont have any ARC heavies. the only ARC exotic I have is plan C (not so good for a NF), and P&T. but the LDR is better. last week I used song of ir yut.

ya heard me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom