• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 3/12 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 3/15 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Does having +2 agi in primaries and special weapons reduces the delay between each hit? or having a increase melee speed perk?
Push up on the left analog stick + R2 spam. You normally are able to get 3xR2 or 4xR2 once you get a better feel for the timing. Frankly it's getting an idea and feeling for the length of time it takes for crota to get back up.

vctor182

Push up on the left analog stick + R2 spam. You normally are able to get 3xR2 or 4xR2 once you get a better feel for the timing. Frankly it's getting an idea and feeling for the length of time it takes for crota to get back up.

Wait, R2 does the weak sword slash so it does higher dmg output than the R1 sword bash?

Izuna

Banned
Wait, R2 does the weak sword slash so it does higher dmg output than the R1 sword bash?

Melee is weaker
Fire (Slam) is stronger

Getting 3/4 is all you need, but if you want to get Crota down in two swords on Hard you gotta use the Combo plus Slam.

Gordon

*sigh* both of my Nightfalls are done and I got 12 coins and a mediocre Crusader that doesn't hold a candle to my Fang. At least it wasn't an excruciating slog this time. Nightfalls should be guaranteed at least one burn, or materials and currency shouldn't be all you get. I mean I wouldn't mind getting handed one damage upgrade's worth of energy if it came with a legendary gun so there's a chance I might end up with something I give a shit about.

HoW better come with a seriously daunting pile of new gear. Playing this game for rolls for like 3% of the top end gear is depressing. That's why a lot of games have some variability to their top end gear - it gives you something to do once you've run through the collecting stage. Max/min-ing might not be the most exciting experience but it beats doing the same handful of strikes and raid checkpoints just to get the stock standard that everybody else already has. I mean it would be a much different game if you rolled a NLB with Wolfpack rounds lol

Edit: Speaking of the same CPs every week, any 360 players hiding out there with a Gorgon CP? (I know, yeah right)

Mindlog

Super quick Nightfall to end the day. Thank you.
Really wanted Ascendant Energy, but got Materials. Oh well. I also need that XP bonus.

I'm getting pretty close to having 500 more Ascendant Materials than Ascendant Energy.
Too bad I can't trade this stuff in. I mean who wants to play around with various Legendaries to keep things fresh :\

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Looking for...

Full normal Crota, then Deathsinger and normal Crota twice more. Will need to get checkpoints at DS.

Gatekeeper/Atheon dead times three.

As always anybody can be sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom