• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 3/12 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 3/15 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My good streak in weeklies with good people comes to an end. Had one moron chase both us of throughout the whole thing trying to hit us and guy wouldn't kill any enemies or help in way at all.

Dave2194. Motherfucker is on my shit list.

I think this game hates us. 25% left after an hour and he 1 shots us all.

Here's a good trick. Have one guy up on the rock from where you first entered the archon priest area. Have the other two just down in the alcove shooting him. When someone dies have the other guy on the ducks come down to revive and then go back up.

My good streak in weeklies with good people comes to an end. Had one moron chase both us of throughout the whole thing trying to hit us and guy wouldn't kill any enemies or help in way at all.

Dave2194. Motherfucker is on my shit list.

You should have left once it became apperent he was gong to be a problem. Ive had pretty good runs with randoms in the weekly.

It also seems you found a new way to solo the weekly again. Lol

nOoblet16

3x Gorgon (Normal & Hard each) exotic chest gives me ass shards !
2x Crota gives me shards and rad energies !

Three Nightfalls back to back gives me

1) 7 ass shards
2) one vanquisher
3) Crusader scout rifle with firefly and outlaw (surprisingly similar to the crucible satarianne rapier, right down to the perks)

Xbl4Y9C.jpg

Fuck your RNG bungie.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think this game hates us. 25% left after an hour and he 1 shots us all.
:-/

If you're really talking about just the regular strike (not a Vanguard playlist?) the reward for beating it is barely anything at all anyway... if you aren't enjoying the challenge itself, there is seriously no reason whatsoever to be attempting content that high above your current level- your current goal should be your first piece of Legendary armor.
OMG OMG OMG OMG I JUST GOT HAWKMOON FROM A CRUCIBLE MATCH I JUST GOT HAWKMOON FROM CRUCIBLE OMFG WTF
Grats!
Hawk we gonna go back to our Weds night raid tomorrow? I miss you guys!
Pretty sure I'll be around! Can't speak for everybody else (pretty sure Squall has abadoned us to our deaths) but we can make something happen :)

CLBridges

Monte Carlo from 1st NF and 10 Strange coins from the second, here's hoping the 3rd will bring me Thunderlord whenever I do load it up. Also, all this time I didn't know you could use two free codes to get the Double Banshee and Oracle 99 shader, so that was cool to get.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
3x Gorgon (Normal & Hard each) exotic chest gives me ass shards !
2x Crota gives me shards and rad energies !

Three Nightfalls back to back gives me

1) 7 ass shards
2) one vanquisher
3) This scout rifle with firefly (surprisingly similar to the crucible satarianne rapier)
Crusader I is an incredibly solid scout and those are definitely the go-to perks... I can't tell if you're happy or what with that
Fuck your RNG bungie.
oh ok.

Basically anybody doing damage is only a level below, and they're not really doing a useful amount of damage. Anybody 2 levels below in VoG is deadweight.

PSA Re-posting:

-1 level below enemies = 32% penalty for damage dealt and received

-2 levels below enemies = 42% penalty relative to being equal level with enemies

-3 levels below enemies = 52% penalty

One level down makes the biggest difference by far, going two levels down is not nearly as big a deal: only a 15% decrease going from 1 to 2 levels down, instead of 32% from 0 to 1 level down.

nOoblet16

Crusader I is an incredibly solid scout and those are definitely the go-to perks... I can't tell if you're happy or what with that

oh ok.

I already have the Satarianne rapier and a Ghaleon's Demise. And I pretty much only use Hand Canons now, except for my Warlock with which I like to use Bad Juju.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
PSA Re-posting:

-1 level below enemies = 32% penalty for damage dealt and received

-2 levels below enemies = 42% penalty relative to being equal level with enemies

-3 levels below enemies = 52% penalty

One level down makes the biggest difference by far, going two levels down is not nearly as big a deal: only a 15% decrease going from 1 to 2 levels down, instead of 32% from 0 to 1 level down.
well it makes an enormous difference in terms of taking damage because it only takes whatever hit puts you past 0% hp to render you unable to do any damage at all

Sullichin

I have Fang, Word of Crota, Black Hammer and Hunger maxed out. I have the other weapons besides Light of the Abyss (and Necro).. any suggestions for what to take to 331 next or should I just hold onto my energies? I have most of the bubbles/perks unlocked already

I have Fang, Word of Crota, Black Hammer and Hunger maxed out. I have the other weapons besides Light of the Abyss (and Necro).. any suggestions for what to take to 331 next or should I just hold onto my energies? I have most of the bubbles/perks unlocked already

From the Raid weapons? Abyss Defiant due to the fact it stuns witches and also has focused fire which is nice.

Lnkn52

Yeap...

It is weird... when I was training to solo flawless the second part I did 2 times right in 3 tries... now I couldn't even do one lol

You're awesome for trying. This good deed will go unnoticed, I'll make sure to repay this favor. Thanks again.

Izuna

Banned
From the Raid weapons? Abyss Defiant due to the fact it stuns witches and also has focused fire which is nice.

DO NOT use Focus Fire with Abyss Defiant, it makes it even weaker than Vision of Confluence

It makes it 33% more powerful but 67% slower.

Otherwise the Abyss Defiant in practice does equal damage as the VoC.

Sullichin

Damn, Fist of Crota mission has it all. I cleared up a Fallen Leader bounty I didn't even realize I had (reaver vandal near the beginning), and happened to get rank III servitor kill grimiore. In addition to the Eris bounties that this mission trivializes of course. You can get all of them done there really. It's no wonder it wasn't selectable as a mission for a while

Yeah. I like Abyss Defiant and have the Lich Bane upgrade but haven't used it as much since Fang and Word dropped. I did try it out after the patch though and I still think it's pretty good. It's up to 312 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom