• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in:
Kor has received yet another "Bright side" medal.

GTXVB2R.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got my Destiny-class Playstation Gold headset from StarStufftoStarStuff and giving it its first workout in this CE Normal...
basically im just trying to keep my shit together on our comms and not freak out at how good everything sounds. Basically for the last two months since my 7.1 receiver spontaneously combusted I've been listening to Destiny through the flat, tinny, barely-stereo built-in speakers on my Asus PC monitor. I had no idea the game sounded like this. i'm just shooting guns at nothing and listening

Rehsa

Got my Destiny-class Playstation Gold headset from StarStufftoStarStuff and giving it its first workout in this CE Normal...
basically im just trying to keep my shit together on our comms and not freak out at how good everything sounds. Basically for the last two months since my 7.1 receiver spontaneously combusted I've been listening to Destiny through the flat, tinny, barely-stereo built-in speakers on my Asus PC monitor. I had no idea the game sounded like this. i'm just shooting guns at nothing and listening
That's awesome, I just picked up a pair of Silver headphones half off on Amazon, will get them tomorrow and I can give up the single ear piece crap

You already have a group for tonight? I'm looking for a raid or NF x2

Really this game has become too FUCKING hard. I'm doing the hard version of Archons strike and the part with the vex swarms is impossible. Those hobgoblins have aim hax or something because they OHKO you, and hit with 100% accuracy never missing. The minotaurs are fucking mini-bosses too. It's just too hard, and this is only level 24, I feel like throwing in the towel.

nice dude

i got mine about a week ago and it was like playing the game for the first time

also don't have people complaining about my old headset causing echo lol

The Golds are really legit for the what they cost. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want that Destiny pair. Just wish they felt a bit more sturdy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yeah i admit I had no clue what to expect and am stunned at the quality. it's a huge difference for my situation in particular, I knew the game sounded great but for the last two months I basically may as well have been playing in silence...
Really this game has become too FUCKING hard. I'm doing the hard version of Archons strike and the part with the vex swarms is impossible. Those hobgoblins have aim hax or something because they OHKO you, and hit with 100% accuracy never missing. The minotaurs are fucking mini-bosses too. It's just too hard, and this is only level 24, I feel like throwing in the towel.
When you say the hard version.... what level are you attempting here?

Sometimes you gotta hang back with a sniper and scout rifle. If you stay up on the highest outcrop and look down u can snipe everything while staying out of their range.

Gordon

That's probably the hardest part of the strike. Helps if you have a Defender Titan holding down the top of the ramp where the three hobgoblins spawn on the second wave. As long as you anticipate and deal with the hobgoblins the cover there is decent and you have nice LoS on the spawning area. If you're getting overrun there too, the sniper platform with the corrugated steel laying at the edge right by the entrance to that area is your friend. You'll still get hammered by the hobgoblins in either spot, but it should be easier for you to deke shots or at least for your fireteam to revive you.

What level is your character?

That's probably the hardest part of the strike. Helps if you have a Defender Titan holding down the top of the ramp where the three hobgoblins spawn on the second wave. As long as you anticipate and deal with the hobgoblins the cover there is decent and you have nice LoS on the spawning area. If you're getting overrun there too, the sniper platform with the corrugated steel laying at the edge right by the entrance to that area is your friend. You'll still get hammered by the hobgoblins in either spot, but it should be easier for you to deke shots or at least for your fireteam to revive you.

What level is your character?

22, but the archon priest is still difficult too.

This is just too hard, the game is that is. I feel so discouraged,it's just not fun to spend an hour fighting the Archon Priest only for everyone to die in 1 hit and restart. I don't understand how people can seriously do this. Are you guys just using legendarys, or do you have a good team? Shit even the regular enemies are too strong.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're at an enormous disadvantage being even a single level below- you have all week to get the reward for the weekly strike. Focus on leveling up your character now- you can do Vanguard strikes for better blue gear, and raise your Vanguard rank to buy your first legendary piece.
This is just too hard, the game is that is. I feel so discouraged,it's just not fun to spend an hour fighting the Archon Priest only for everyone to die in 1 hit and restart. I don't understand how people can seriously do this. Are you guys just using legendarys, or do you have a good team? Shit even the regular enemies are too strong.
Most of the people commenting in here are at least level 30, and have multiple maxed Legendary and Exotic weapons and can take full advantage of Burn effects. To use a metaphor, you're attempting to box way above your weight class right now- you shouldn't be surprised or discouraged that it's brutally difficult, it's not what you're intended to be doing.

What playlist are you doing? Nightfall?

Regular strike.

You're at an enormous disadvantage being even a single level below- you have all week to get the reward for the weekly strike. Focus on leveling up your character now- you can do Roc strikes for better blue gear, and raise your Vanguard rank to buy your first legendary piece.

But, I don't see the reason. I see the enemies at Crota and VoG are 1-2 levels higher and people still manage. But, we can't seem too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nightfall is only 30, I think he must be talking about the weekly heroic?
Regular strike.
The regular strike is level 24? rough! but, it's a susbtantial difference. 30% at the least for being one below.
But, I don't see the reason. I see the enemies at Crota and VoG are 1-2 levels higher and people still manage. But, we can't seem too.
No... I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly, but other than HM crota (which you can't be at level for), it's a world of difference. A full group of people all underleveled for content will have a miserable time.

You can believe me or not about this I guess, but I'm not lying to you... :-/

Gordon

Oh well yeah if you're 2 levels below you barely do any damage. That's such an awkward level to get past because you're pretty much stuck waiting on RNG unless you feel like grinding enough marks for armour via public events. It would probably save you a lot of headaches to get a higher level buddy to come help you out.

22 is very low level for the weeklies. You should be focusing on the vendor weapons and armor.

Earn marks, buy a legendary primary (scout rifles are great value) and do what you need to do to get into Roc Strikes. I think you can two pieces of legendary gear for 150 marks. It might take a few weeks to earn enough but RNG might get you some of the pieces you need in the meantime.

Do the daily everyday for ascendant materials. This game is a grind, pure and simple.

Gordon

Basically anybody doing damage is only a level below, and they're not really doing a useful amount of damage. Anybody 2 levels below in VoG is deadweight, but that's doable if there are enough overlevelled players in the party.

Those destiny faceplates look sweet on the gold headset. If I could get them I'd grab the headset for sure! Anyone have any idea where they might be available?

What's the correct sword combo for crota?

R2x ftw!... Yep don't need to be fancy and do the R1+R1+R2+R2 combo. Spaming R2 is easier will still result in a dead scrota

he speaketh the truth, i always go for x4 r2 hits

Don't listen to these scrub sword runners. The correct combo is: TI-83. First of all, scrub #1 doesn't even know that R1-R1-R2-R2 is only 42,304 damge, not enough to kill in 6 kneels, while scrub #2's advice of "always 4x R2" means enrage after 3rd combo and wipe after 4th.

True pros do one (R1-R1-R2)+R2 combo and one (R1-R1-R2)+R2+R2 combo per sword, putting the damage at 199,818 after two swords to allow for a (R1-R1-R2)+(R1-R1-R2)+R2 5th combo to kill while avoiding enrage. Or, if shield break DPS is high enough, use this patented formula for a "No-enrage-2-sword-4-kneel" Kill Guarantee:

Sword 1, Combo 1: (R1-R1-R2) + (R1-R1-R2) + R2 = 69,307

Sword 1, Combo 2: (R1-R1-R2) + (R1-R1-R2) + R2 = 138,614 total damage

Sword 2, Combo 1: (R1-R1-R2) + R2 + R2 = 196,219 total damage (no Enrage)

Sword 2, Combo 2: (R1-R1-R2) + (R1-R1-R2) + R2 = 265,526 = Dead Scrota

------------------------
....in all seriousness, just spam R2 when learning the sword. 3xR2 each time will cause enrage after 5th shield break and 6th 3xR2 will kill him.

All that mumbo jumbo up there is just garbage to keep myself entertained. The really sad part is there's so much downtime built into the encounter's strat, I have nothing else to do.... sometimes I watch videos saved on my hard drive... zzzz....

should've been page top edit: This is what it looks like when R2 spam goes wrong...

B_x51CEU0AE2-7g.jpg:large

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh well yeah if you're 2 levels below you barely do any damage. That's such an awkward level to get past because you're pretty much stuck waiting on RNG unless you feel like grinding enough marks for armour via public events. It would probably save you a lot of headaches to get a higher level buddy to come help you out.
I'm confused... you can just run at-level Vanguard strikes for marks, no? And get a chance at outright gear upgrades, blues can get you to 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom