• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it makes an enormous difference in terms of taking damage because it only takes whatever hit puts you past 0% hp to render you unable to do any damage at all

Sorry Hawk, I don't follow. All I'm saying is a 15% decrease is much less than a 32% decrease. The second level is not an enormous difference compared to the first. That's not an opinion, it's just how the math in this game was programmed for whatever reason.

The light leveling system and damage calculations in this game are very counter-intuitive. It's just a PSA to help with a common misunderstanding. Not sure what there is to disagree about here. e.g. Everyone dies very easily on HM CE because everyone is at least 1 level down. Compare that to how much damage you can tank as a Lv32 on NM Crota.

Sullichin

Sorry Hawk, I don't follow. All I'm saying is a 15% decrease is much less than a 32% decrease. The second level is not an enormous difference compared to the first. That's not an opinion, it's just how the math in this game was programmed for whatever reason.

The light leveling system and damage calculations in this game are very counter-intuitive. It's just a PSA to help with a common misunderstanding. Not sure what there is to disagree about here. e.g. Everyone dies very easily on HM CE because everyone is at least 1 level down. Compare that to how much damage you can tank as a Lv32 on NM Crota.

1 level below is the biggest dropoff, but once you get 2 levels below that's when it actually feels helpless/not fun imo. It's just enough more to make you feel weakened and desperate like Omnigalz

Magik

1 out of two tries for Black Hammer...failed.

Both NFs were just shards and energy.

Good times

I think its time I go catch up on Better Call Saul.

I'd give you one of the many Black Hammers I've gotten like the one I just got today if I could.

I just want one more Hunger of Crota.

Another reason HM Crota will be a joke after HoW releases. Everyone at 33+ will steamroll Crota. It's not like VoG were a level advantage is marginalized to only slightly less incoming damage but latgely the same experience as being level 30.

I'd give you one of the many Black Hammers I've gotten like the one I just got today if I could.

I just want one more Hunger of Crota.

I had another HoC drop today. My 5th.

Also witnessed a Ghorn drop live in person from NM Crota today for another player. Only time I've seen it drop before is from Gorgon chest (including for myself).

Sullichin

I had another HoC drop today. My 5th.

Also witnessed a Ghorn drop live in person from NM Crota today for another player. Only time I've seen it drop before is from Gorgon chest (including for myself).

Today I witnessed Horn drops on:
Nightfall
Gorgons Chest
Deathsinger
Crota

for people here who already have it. It's painful

Today I witnessed Horn drops on:
Nightfall
Gorgons Chest
Deathsinger
Crota

for people here who already have it. It's painful

I suspect Bungie may have slightly increased the drop rate of the Horn while also removing it from Xur's table. Of course, everyone is more likely to crow about a Horn drop than any other, but it does seem to be dropping a lot.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for tagging along Etho. I don't think I could take one more round of ya know.

Three gatekeeper/atheon kills? Takers?

1. Moi

Ridli

I suspect Bungie may have slightly increased the drop rate of the Horn while also removing it from Xur's table. Of course, everyone is more likely to crow about a Horn drop than any other, but it does seem to be dropping a lot.

Confirmation bias. Until we can get data reporting as detailed as wowhead, we can't make any assumptions.

For my own part, I'm going to look forlornly out a window as another week goes by without anything fun dropping from nightfalls.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Add me if you haven't already and just join in. I'm waiting in the vault already.

Kadey1up. Will get party started, etc.

Confirmation bias. Until we can get data reporting as detailed as wowhead, we can't make any assumptions.

For my own part, I'm going to look forlornly out a window as another week goes by without anything fun dropping from nightfalls.

A few unscientific recordings of mass Chest rewards did show Gjallarhorn dropping more than others. Of course, sample size may have been too low and those getting the Horn may be more likely to report. This was a similar set of stats which did show NLB and Dragons Breath have a higher drop rate in Crota Raid, which seems to be true based on all data collected. I don't know if I can find the thread, but there was some data and analysis on Bungie.net a while ago.

Dubz

So I'm starting to get back into this game at level 28. I've read that the best way to ways to get ascendant shards are to run the Vault of Glass, Weekly Nightfalls, and Weekly Heroics at level 30. Can I do these things without being a drag on the team at level 28?

So I'm starting to get back into this game at level 28. I've read that the best way to ways to get ascendant shards are to run the Vault of Glass, Weekly Nightfalls, and Weekly Heroics at level 30. Can I do these things without being a drag on the team at level 28?

Normal VoG is perfectly fine at your level. Not as many groups running it, but it should be doable.

Nightfall would be challenging for you, nigh impossible, but 2 good fireteam members can reasonably carry you.

The Weekly mission has a level 28 version with matchmaking. Not a problem. Similarly you could find someone to carry you on level 30.

ethomaz

Banned
Okay. Looks like we're ALMOST ready to go.

Stream. http://www.twitch.tv/kadey1up
You guys will see my Hankmoon in action.

Edit - WOW top page.

Warlock supremacy

destiny_3.jpg

Holy shit. I think I just figured out how to exploit matchmaking.

I'm going to run some more "tests" tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I know how to beat the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom