• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Well, it finally happened. After months of chasing and every other exotic dropping, including 4 horns (maybe 5).. IT finally dropped.

The gaht damn Thunderlord.

No more exotics. Fkn done. Finally.

Ditters

I have been rolling in exotics lately. Last week I got icebreaker×2 and thunderlord all from deathsinger. This week I have already got glass house and apotheosis veil from nightfall, a universal remote from deathsinger(that's 4 exotics from her in a row) and crota blessed me with no land beyond. I just need hawkmoon and Monte Carlo to complete my collection.

Cornbread78

I have been rolling in exotics lately. Last week I got icebreaker×2 and thunderlord all from deathsinger. This week I have already got glass house and apotheosis veil from nightfall, a universal remote from deathsinger(that's 4 exotics from her in a row) and crota blessed me with no land beyond. I just need hawkmoon and Monte Carlo to complete my collection.

Nice, I didn't get a single legendary or exotic drop in NF or Crota thus week, wtf..

Well, it finally happened. After months of chasing and every other exotic dropping, including 4 horns (maybe 5).. IT finally dropped.

The gaht damn Thunderlord.

No more exotics. Fkn done. Finally.

Thunderlords dropping like mana from heaven today. Congrats on getting your White Whale. It is a doozy of a gun

GutZ31

Lol...find a good raid crew, open a beer, internet goes out. Figures.

My internet never goes out btw, so whoever got my spot will probably get some good loot. It's my Destiny.

You have been enslaved.
Want Emancipation?

You-Died-in-a-Game.gif

Lol, man, idk why for a split second I thought maybe just maybe the hotfix released today was an emergency patch to fix TLW, the delusion is real lmao.

Anyway, I FINALLYYYYY finished my freaking Dead Man's Hand bounty that had been sitting in my inventory since before the last patch. I couldn't even finish it with TLW, I had to use Thorn and even then I had to really by mindful of dying whenever I got two headshots in a row.

I also finally caved and created a Warlock alt so now I'm one of those nuts running all 3 classes. The jump sucks but I really dig the nades and melee lol. Super satisfying, no wonder scrub Warlocks run shotty and just bumrush everyone in Crucible. I might end up doing the same thing when I level some of my exotics I got waiting for my baby Lock.

ethomaz

Banned
I also finally caved and created a Warlock alt so now I'm one of those nuts running all 3 classes. The jump sucks but I really dig the nades and melee lol. Super satisfying, no wonder scrub Warlocks run shotty and just bumrush everyone in Crucible. I might end up doing the same thing when I level some of my exotics I got waiting for my baby Lock.
I think the best learn is to create the others chars first because I created Warlock first and for me:

- Others jump sucks (Hunter the worst... I die a lot because that)
- Others melee sucks (I will never adapt to close melee... I need to do mid range melee one hit kill)
- Other super doesn't suck but it is not so cool like Warlock

Warlock is the solo man machine (and cheese man too).

shermas

:(

This gun is a myth.

#FovererNoBlackHammer

After whiffing on everything today (NF shards/bad auto rifle), VoG (all mats and chatterwhite), I got Black Hammer from a Crota Kill.

It seems crazy that I'd stop using Ice Breaker, though. IB is so, so good.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm trying to understand why Secret Handshake is better than Found Verdict... Found Verdict have better Impact and Range that is what all matter for a shotgun.

I will level up the Secret Handshake to see what the deal ;)

Omni

I went through Crota's End by myself without dying and the achievement didn't pop for flawless raider.

Can you not do it on that raid or something?

Homeboyd

I went through Crota's End by myself without dying and the achievement didn't pop for flawless raider.

Can you not do it on that raid or something?
Log out (in game) and log back in. It's definitely achievable on CE. That's how we did it but it took us logging out and back in for the achievement to pop.

Lol, man, idk why for a split second I thought maybe just maybe the hotfix released today was an emergency patch to fix TLW, the delusion is real lmao.

Anyway, I FINALLYYYYY finished my freaking Dead Man's Hand bounty that had been sitting in my inventory since before the last patch. I couldn't even finish it with TLW, I had to use Thorn and even then I had to really by mindful of dying whenever I got two headshots in a row.

Welcome to PVP heaven

RdN

I got a Dragon's Breath from Normal Crota today.

Should I invest in it?

I don't have a Gjallahorn, but I do have a maxed out Iron Banner rocket launcher.

Well, no Titan boots so level 32 awaits at least another week, but I got Crux of Crota as a consolation prize. Yay me.

I also continue my deluge of inconibg Helms for all charactera. Got hlema for my Titan and Warlock 2 weeks in a row.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
reached the next level of vanguard

got a fucking sparrow - last thing i purchased when i played this game, WEEKS AGO, was a sparrow

they ain't cheap

and they lose 99% of their value as soon as you take em off the lost

fuck you destiny lol

(but now bad juju is somewhat gud so meh)

Does anyone have the gorgon checkpoint for VoG HM? The group I ran it with today missed the chest for some reason, and people talk about getting exotics from it.

HigXx

Got a 2nd Monte Carlo yesterday and Red Death!! Finally getting near to finishing off all these exotics!

All 3 Chars all have a Black Hammer now which is good

Still have 2x Hard Crota and 3x Hard Atheon to do when I get in from Uni so fingers crossed

I got another Vanguard Missive yesterday but it won't let me hand it in, is this because I already have 3 exotic bounties on the go?

cilonen

I think this game hates us. 25% left after an hour and he 1 shots us all.

Sorry man :-(

Don't get too disheartened though, you're trying to do a weekly - on hard if I read your posts right - as a level 22.

Yes, people do do Crota under levelled, but normally they have at least one or two maxed 331 weapons. If you're trying to run content two levels under, most things will one-shot you; and if you don't have weapons of the same level as the enemy roughly, then you're going in with pea shooters.

The weapon attack level is roughly the level of enemy you can tackle with it x10; so 331 weapons are effective against lv33 enemies, 300 against lv30 and so on (some of the VoG 300 weapons are still effective in CE because their perks are so good).

If you're trying to take out lv24 or 26 enemies with a 180 or even 200 attack blue weapon it's going to go badly and everything is going to murder you in one or two hits at the most. You'd almost have to not get touched and still spend hours just chipping away at the shields of the bosses before whittling down their health.

You're setting yourself up for a frustrating situation by making the game way harder than it needs to be for you. If you can get marks and rep from bounties and public events and buy a couple of pieces of vanguard armor and a weapon things will be much better.

2x NF have seen me get MIDA (shard) and a legendary sniper with rubbish perks and impact (energy)

2x Normal Crota got me MIDA (shard), No Land Beyond (shard), Gjallerhorn, Hunger of Crota and Black Hammer.

Not a bad haul! Still waiting on the chest piece for my warlock to complete the set and then I can start on the Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom