• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

where did you get TL from? and congrats!
Crota on normal. And thanks!

I Am Legend

ODG32VV.jpg
Just hit 500 coins this week too. At 507 right now. Muwahahaha

LTWood12

Couple of questions:

Anyone ever gotten armor from the abyss that wasn't gauntlets? I've personally never seen any other armor drop here.

Started a Hunter a couple of weeks ago and I've gotten her up to 31. In two weeks of running normal, then Hard; I've gotten the gauntlets and chest piece. As far as armor goes, would it be better to skip the normal run and just do hard? Does one way technically give me a better chance of getting the boots/helmet?

I couldn't count how many gauntlets & helmets I've gotten on my titans, and I've gotten a bunch of chests too. Boots seem to be the rarest thing in my experience.

Shito

Couple of questions:

Anyone ever gotten armor from the abyss that wasn't gauntlets? I've personally never seen any other armor drop here.

Started a Hunter a couple of weeks ago and I've gotten her up to 31. In two weeks of running normal, then Hard; I've gotten the gauntlets and chest piece. As far as armor goes, would it be better to skip the normal run and just do hard? Does one way technically give me a better chance of getting the boots/helmet?

I couldn't count how many gauntlets & helmets I've gotten on my titans, and I've gotten a bunch of chests too. Boots seem to be the rarest thing in my experience.
I could swear I got chest and/or boots from the Abyss during the first weeks of normal CE.
But now either I'm mistaken and it didn't happen, or they patched the loot table, because my experience with the game those past months have been that abyss gets you gauntlets, and bridge can give you either boots or chest.
I don't know if just running hard gets you two times the chance of a roll, or only once. In doubt, if I were you, I would run normal *and* hard bridge each week.

Homeboyd

I could swear I got chest and/or boots from the Abyss during the first weeks of normal CE.
But now either I'm mistaken and it didn't happen, or they patched the loot table, because my experience with the game those past months have been that abyss gets you gauntlets, and bridge can give you either boots or chest.
I don't know if just running hard gets you two times the chance of a roll, or only once. In doubt, if I were you, I would run normal *and* hard bridge each week.
I got boots from abyss. Think chest only drops at the bridge though.

ocean

Banned
Couple of questions:

I think Abyss is Gauntlets+Pulse, Bridge is Chest/Boots+Auto, Deathsinger is Class Item (I have 0/3 of those) + NLB/DB and Crota is Helm+ Scout/HC/Crux/Ship

Shito

Ooooh, was it recent?
I've been thinking about this subject for weeks now, wondering how I was so sure of getting something else than the gauntlets once, without managing to actually recreate it.

According to reddit, boots, gloves and chest each can drop from abyss and bridge.

The percentage chance for gloves from abyss is higher, while boots and chest from bridge is higher.

Though I've never seen anyone get anything else apart from gloves or rad mats from abyss.

LTWood12

Thanks for the input. Sounds like the abyss can actually drop the boots.

RetroMG

YES!! Just got the Triple Play trophy. I've been trying to do it for days. My last control match was almost over, and I figured there was no way I was going to be able to use my titan smash usefully. I opened a door and ran into two guys.
"What the hell," I thought, and hit the super.
Turns out there was a third guy behind them, and they were all separate classes.
My god.
Not just Notorious and Salvage to go before I never have to play Crucible again.

Shito

Thanks for the input. Sounds like the abyss can actually drop the boots.
Just so you know, I've spent weeks just soloing the abyss on my 3 chars and only ever got gauntlets from it.
Two weeks ago I've started looking at how you now solo the bridge ever since the HM patch, and on my first try with the hunter I got the boots to drops, and the week after I got the chest I needed for my titan.
Don't skip the abyss, but don't count too much on it. ^^

LTWood12

According to reddit, boots, gloves and chest each can drop from abyss and bridge.

The percentage chance for gloves from abyss is higher, while boots and chest from bridge is higher.

Though I've never seen anyone get anything else apart from gloves or rad mats from abyss.

yeah I've looked at reddit, bungie forums, planet destiny, destinydb. Some say just gauntlets from abyss, others say it can drop the boots too. In 30 something abyss runs I don't ever recall seeing anyone get chest or boots.

YES!! Just got the Triple Play trophy. I've been trying to do it for days. My last control match was almost over, and I figured there was no way I was going to be able to use my titan smash usefully. I opened a door and ran into two guys.
"What the hell," I thought, and hit the super.
Turns out there was a third guy behind them, and they were all separate classes.
My god.
Not just Notorious and Salvage to go before I never have to play Crucible again.

Nice. When are you looking to do the Notorious trophy? That's the only one I haven't done, finished everything else back in November.

RetroMG

Nice. When are you looking to do the Notorious trophy? That's the only one I haven't done, finished everything else back in November.

Thanks. I'm hoping to do Notorious over the course of this week, but I'm behind on marks. On the other hand, now that I can just play without trying to get any of the other ridiculous achievements, I might be more willing to put time into the crucible.

I do at some point want to get on a GAF Crucible train. I think that will help.

Thanks. I'm hoping to do Notorious over the course of this week, but I'm behind on marks. On the other hand, now that I can just play without trying to get any of the other ridiculous achievements, I might be more willing to put time into the crucible.

I do at some point want to get on a GAF Crucible train. I think that will help.

Yeah I'll get on that train..

Sorry I slept, didn't do 3x Atheon. Just let me know when you're ready. I also have 3x normal Gorgon and 3x hard Gorgon CP.
for as long as i've played this game, i had no clue that we could double dip the Gorgon's chest... if we open it in normal, we can still open it in Hard? why doesn't it work like that for the Deathsinger... eesh.

LTWood12

for as long as i've played this game, i had no clue that we could double dip the Gorgon's chest... if we open it in normal, we can still open it in Hard? why doesn't it work like that for the Deathsinger... eesh.

You can't double dip. It works the same as Deathsinger.

Yeah i seems like enough people are saying this that it must be true. Maybe it happened in some of my groups and I just didn't notice.

I got the boots from the Abyss on my Titan. Never had boots drop from the abyss on any of my other characters that I can recall.

I also don't pay attention to what others in my group get unless it's yellow... because fuck them, I'm selfish.

Thanks for another good week of raids, guys. And thanks to StereoType for filling in for schwagger15, who apparently doesn't like us anymore.

Thanks again for the runs stb! This is the third week in a row or so that I haven't pulled anything of note out of all the raiding and NFs. Considering I'm still missing 5 droppable exotic weapons, it's starting to get a bit frustrating. I'll be back next week though!

No it doesn't actually. You can loot it once on normal and then once on hard... OR just once on hard and get a double roll.
got it. thanks. has anyone seen a double exotic drop from Gorgon chest in hard mode?
can one perhaps increase ones chances to get an exotic by opening the chest in normal, then hard?

LTWood12

You can loot twice. On normal and then on hard. It works like the Crota and Atheon encounter. Deathsinger only loots once.

No it doesn't actually. You can loot it once on normal and then once on hard... OR just once on hard and get a double roll.

got it. thanks. has anyone seen a double exotic drop from Gorgon chest in hard mode?
can one perhaps increase ones chances to get an exotic by opening the chest in normal, then hard?

I was only speaking in regard to chests, not the boss encounters. So you're telling me that the gorgon chest operates differently than every other raid chest?

idontbelieveyou.gif

RdN

I got a Dragon's Breath from Normal Crota today.

Should I invest in it?

I don't have a Gjallahorn, but I do have a maxed out Iron Banner rocket launcher.

phen0m24

I am done soloing Nightfalls.

EXACTLY why you should wait so we can do them together and be unabashedly ridiculous.
ok that's more me than you :p
:p

waves at Fig

I got a Dragon's Breath from Normal Crota today.

Should I invest in it?

I don't have a Gjallahorn, but I do have a maxed out Iron Banner rocket launcher.

No. Just.... No.

I'm with you, LT... XD

EDIT: my first top of page!!!

Top of the page requires a gif, a confession, a quip or anecdote or none of the above. :p

For example: I have 3x32 and have NEVER bothered to double loot the Gorgon chest. amazeballs

Dave_6

Wait, how'd you get Crux? Nevermind; I apparently suck at reading.

Yeah I keep forgetting about the crux. That's about how much I care about it lol.

So happy Red Death finally dropped for me though. Still gotta run 3 NFs so I still have a chance this week to get the couple others I'm missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom