• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
stares in at Shito...

Yet you are in a fabulously amazing group of Destiny-ers here, in case you were previously unaware. Some of the most patient, funny, quasi-insane people play this game and I have nearly my entire friends list populated from this very community. If you've never had the pleasure of

Watching Dhruv sword Crota to death
with a lightsaber
Hearing
Skeletor
Boguester/DrDrizzay explain how many points of damage each sword swing at Crota does while doing so on no sleep whatsoever
Listening to Unknown laugh uncontrollably and hearing the Epic Sax guy
Hearing Narmer yell "I GOT THIS" immediately prior to
wiping
killing Crota LOL
Witnessing Hawkian go all Ninja-style on any enemy either in PvE or PvP
Grabbing a checkpoint from Chekpointasaurus while listening to his smoke detector beep :p
Witnessing either Figadapaura or Zoba(Twilight Gap) or Kor or Rubenov make quick work of any enemy squad in PvP
Watching Rodiard and Namikaze clear a weekly using HORRIBLE WEAPONS Horrible I say! Horrible!

EDIT: Almost forgot hearing deafmedal sing the RITUAL OF NEGATION SONG (oh gosh)
THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON

You're missing out. :)

Feel free to hop in my game at will. And I think that would go for nearly anyone here. I don't think anybody will bite you. :p
I've heard rumors though LOL j/k

PSN: ColonelOCorn
I call DrDrizzay Rainman when he's doing his numbers thing.

Also, don't forget getting bitched at for your PVP loadout by Rubenov or getting bitched at by Graverobber for doing anything.

I call DrDrizzay Rainman when he's doing his numbers thing.

Also, don't forget getting bitched at for your PVP loadout by Rubenov or getting bitched at by Graverobber for doing anything.

And by Macello for using Blink and shotgun...

Damn it! Keeps saying unable to load Destiny Account :(

ethomaz

Banned
Sorry guys but after 6 months I finally changed my theme in PS4 (I always used the Destiny's theme).

B_1WF0bWIAEaPsB.jpg:large

PS. I know it is off topic but it feels like this community is my home in GAF.

Lnkn52

Anyone else starting to run out of room at the postmaster :( i don't wanna open any packages until DLC!

iNsRNXc.jpg

I don't even grind rep anymore, just from nightfall/weekly.

re: deleting the game, there isn't even a save file you have to restore. I bought a new PS4 this weekend (traded old one in) and just had to redownload Destiny and was off and running. It even had saved all my game settings like brightness. If you remotely (re)-install, keep in mind the PSN store download is tiny like 600 megs then the game itself downloads like 20 gigs after you launch it. GTA5 is the same way, pretty annoying if you try to web-queue your PS4 downloads.

They should be stored on Bungie's side of things.

Should still be there whenever you redownload your game.

No they are saved on Bungie's servers not on your PS4.

Edit: that triple 1:39PM reply!

I re-downloaded the game but didn't launch it yesterday. I went on the app, but my characters were still there so it was fine. But just went on my app now, even when signed in - nothing. Same on website. Just started logging in now and its trying to download the patch...

If my stuff is gone, I swear to god...

Anyone else starting to run out of room at the postmaster :( i don't wanna open any packages until DLC!

iNsRNXc.jpg

re: deleting the game, there isn't even a save file you have to restore. I bought a new PS4 this weekend (traded old one in) and just had to redownload Destiny and was off and running. It even had saved all my game settings like brightness.

After dlc your packages will still convert to pre-dlc stuff..

ich00

I re-downloaded the game but didn't launch it yesterday. I went on the app, but my characters were still there so it was fine. But just went on my app now, even when signed in - nothing. Same on website. Just started logging in now and its trying to download the patch...

If my stuff is gone, I swear to god...

Hopefully you're OK. I just had to replace my PS4 and when I booted up the game on the new system everything was still there.

Deku Tree

After dlc your packages will still convert to pre-dlc stuff..

Yes that is most likely 100% true, however I am doing the same thing, and I am doing it because I don't need anything and you can use the old packages to get quick experience for your new Armor.

How much EXP per vanguard level up package? How much EXP per daily public event? Is it 5K EXP for both?

Ambitious

Shotgun experts, what do you think?

B_hUIKLXAAAUD4R.jpg:large

Rangefinder or Shot Package?
So far I haven't compared them properly, though I did a few short tests in PvE in which Shot Package seemed to be the better option.

The Arc/SP shotgun is the Vendor version, the other one is from a Vendor package.

stb

No, double exotic from hard gorgon isn't possible.

Yeah. You can get exotic on normal and then again on hard.

So:

You CAN:
- get an exotic from the Gorgon chest on normal
- get an exotic from the Gorgon chest on hard

BUT you CAN'T:
- get 2 exotics at the same time from the Gorgon chest on hard (e.g. literally no one has seen/reported this here first hand, or even saw anyone reporting it on Reddit?)

Right?

Since there's discussion about it, I just wanted to lay it out super explicitly and hopefully have someone confirm.

So far I haven't compared them properly, though I did a few short tests in PvE in which Shot Package seemed to be the better option.

The Arc/SP shotgun is the Vendor version, the other one is from a Vendor package.

shot package.

Lnkn52

I would keep both since they are different elementals.

Hopefully you're OK. I just had to replace my PS4 and when I booted up the game on the new system everything was still there.

Ah thanks. I just checked my phone again, and they are still there... Nothing on the computer yet an patch is still downloading so fingers crossed on no problem.

Not even a competition. Arc version by far.

From a PVP perspective

So:

You CAN:

BUT you CAN'T:
- get 2 exotics at the same time from the Gorgon chest on hard (e.g. literally no one has seen/reported this here first hand, or even saw anyone reporting it on Reddit?)

Right?

Since there's discussion about it, I just wanted to lay it out super explicitly and hopefully have someone confirm.

Does it matter what order you do this? Does it have to be normal first before hard, or not?

So:

You CAN:

BUT you CAN'T:

Right?

Yes that's correct.

Does it matter what order you do this? Does it have to be normal first before hard, or not?

Normal first.

Hard first will give you both drops.

Titan: 132.02CR 1.63k/d
Hunter: 144.14CR 1.61k/d
Warlock: 134.73CR 1.62k/d

Pretty even. I can't help be that guy though and think how much better that would be if the netcode wasn't so shit...

E92 M3

iNsRNXc.jpg

re: deleting the game, there isn't even a save file you have to restore. I bought a new PS4 this weekend (traded old one in) and just had to redownload Destiny and was off and running. It even had saved all my game settings like brightness. If you remotely (re)-install, keep in mind the PSN store download is tiny like 600 megs then the game itself downloads like 20 gigs after you launch it. GTA5 is the same way, pretty annoying if you try to web-queue your PS4 downloads.

Best to open them since it won't convert to new items unfortunately.

Deku Tree

So:

You CAN:

BUT you CAN'T:

Right?

Yes that's correct.

Normal first.

Hard first will give you both drops.

Yet hard hasn't been reported to drop two exotics? Damn you Gorgons!

Ok but the probability of getting two exotics from Gorgons chest in one week by doing both normal and hard is very very very small in any case.

Let's say you have a 5% chance to get an exotic on normal.
And another 5% chance to get another exotic on hard after doing normal.
Then your chance of getting an exotic on both normal and hard is 5% x 5% = 0.25% which is almost nothing.

If it's a 20% chance on both normal and hard (which it certainly isn't that high),
then you have a 20% x 20% = 4% chance of getting two exotics also very small.

Chomposaur

Neo Member
Hey guys just a quick question. Do you have to complete the full hard mode to get the crux? I have always killed crota on hard 28 times by using checkpoints, can anybody confirm if they have gotten it by doing the full raid or by checkpoint. Thanks.

Ok but the probability of getting two exotics from Gorgons chest in one week by doing both normal and hard is very very very small in any case.

Let's say you have a 5% chance to get an exotic on normal.
And another 5% chance to get another exotic on hard after doing normal.
Then your chance of getting an exotic on both normal and hard is 5% x 5% = 0.25% which is almost nothing.

If it's a 20% chance on both normal and hard (which it certainly isn't that high),
then you have a 20% x 20% = 4% chance of getting two exotics also very small.

math, sometimes I feel like the dumbest person here

ethomaz

Banned
Hey guys just a quick question. Do you have to complete the full hard mode to get the crux? I have always killed crota on hard 28 times by using checkpoints, can anybody confirm if they have gotten it by doing the full raid or by checkpoint. Thanks.
Just Crota kill on Hard.

I think dave got one earlier today and only did the checkpoint, so confirmed?

stares in at Shito...

Yet you are in a fabulously amazing group of Destiny-ers here, in case you were previously unaware. Some of the most patient, funny, quasi-insane people play this game and I have nearly my entire friends list populated from this very community. If you've never had the pleasure of

Watching Dhruv sword Crota to death
with a lightsaber
Hearing
Skeletor
Boguester/DrDrizzay explain how many points of damage each sword swing at Crota does while doing so on no sleep whatsoever
Listening to Unknown laugh uncontrollably and hearing the Epic Sax guy
Hearing Narmer yell "I GOT THIS" immediately prior to
wiping
killing Crota LOL
Witnessing Hawkian go all Ninja-style on any enemy either in PvE or PvP
Grabbing a checkpoint from Chekpointasaurus while listening to his smoke detector beep :p
Witnessing either Figadapaura or Zoba(Twilight Gap) or Kor or Rubenov make quick work of any enemy squad in PvP
Watching Rodiard and Namikaze clear a weekly using HORRIBLE WEAPONS Horrible I say! Horrible!

EDIT: Almost forgot hearing deafmedal sing the RITUAL OF NEGATION SONG (oh gosh)
THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON

You're missing out. :)

Feel free to hop in my game at will. And I think that would go for nearly anyone here. I don't think anybody will bite you. :p
I've heard rumors though LOL j/k

PSN: ColonelOCorn

I'd like a lightsaber or another jedi knight game.

But the itch of joining a GAF group one day is slowly growing... I'm actually torn between having more chances at a Horn each week doing it this way, versus leaving me some weapons to farm as an incentive to do CE solo once I finally get it. ^^

Shito, you have been around here for quite some time and you have never raided with us?

images

Best to open them since it won't convert to new items unfortunately.

I'd say no since you get the rep still which will count for potential new items when you level the vendor up. Along with any engrams that might potentially turn into new things (I know the guns will be old from package but not sure about engrams unless the package contents is predetermined) . Otherwise it'll be cryptarch rank you can get new stuff regardless.

Isn't it like 150 rep per?

Shirow

Banned
I have been wondering something lately. I joined Destiny a little late but still managed to get my 3 characters to 31-30-30. I focused mostly on doing all there is to do to level up using vanguard gear, weeklies nightfalls but very few raids. Now that I have them high level I'm focusing on raids to get the cool stuff along with nightfalls/weeklies and such.

While I was leveling up I would listen to some of my friends who were playing the game for a while before me crying constantly about the hurdles of leveling up to lvl 32. That it was unfair that exotics had to be leveled up again and such and this and that, "OMG new people can even get to lvl 31 now with just vanguard!" type thing. But arriving at level 30 now with my characters it seems to me like if you were 30 before....all you had to do was just do raids, get the new gear and level that up? I'm I...wrong in this?

I understand the whole exotics issue, but it seems to me that if you were 30 before and want to hit 32 it would not have been some grueling uphill battle riddled with unfairness. I know if an exotic is awesome at lvl 30 it shouldn't suck at 32, and being that there wasn't a plethora of new ones well it's understandable. In any MMO, RPG and almost anywhere else.... our awesome weapons sucking when a new expansion comes is normal thou. What I'm getting at is that the whole issue with those too are due to the uniqueness of the situation, not what's normal. And it shouldn't be. I don't want to be lvl 40 one day and still be thinking about icebreakers and such when theyre should be bigger and better weapons by then of course.

Can someone explain to me what was the issue?

Karl2177

I was always under the impression that if you opened the chest on either difficulty it didn't show up the next time you did it, regardless of what difficulty you did it at.

Ambitious

shot package.

I would keep both since they are different elementals.

Ah thanks. I just checked my phone again, and they are still there... Nothing on the computer yet an patch is still downloading so fingers crossed on no problem.

Not even a competition. Arc version by far.

From a PVP perspective

Sorry, forgot to mention that I was looking for opinions regarding PvP only. So, the Arc version it is?

Not sure whether I keep the other one, but I might as well. Could be useful in Solar burn Nightfalls/Weeklies, though I obviously try to keep some distance between me and the enemies in those strikes.

Ganhyun

5 Games in and I haven't lost a match yet. Still crossing my fingers. The trick is definitely to lead the enemy team into a false sense of security until the first heavy ammo drop. Thats when you start actually playing.

I think your theory is right.

Also, my pedestrian stats on the XBox 360.

Titan: 81.58 CR 1.20 K/D
Hunter: 96.44 CR 1.42 K/D
Warlock: 96.92 CR 1.31 K/D

I do tend to play with people alot worse than me when I play with others. Pretty sure it doesn't help things that much.

I have been wondering something lately. I joined Destiny a little late but still managed to get my 3 characters to 31-30-30. I focused mostly on doing all there is to do to level up using vanguard gear, weeklies nightfalls but very few raids. Now that I have them high level I'm focusing on raids to get the cool stuff along with nightfalls/weeklies and such.

While I was leveling up I would listen to some of my friends who were playing the game for a while before me crying constantly about the hurdles of leveling up to lvl 32. That it was unfair that exotics had to be leveled up again and such and this and that, "OMG new people can even get to lvl 31 now with just vanguard!" type thing. But arriving at level 30 now with my characters it seems to me like if you were 30 before....all you had to do was just do raids, get the new gear and level that up? I'm I...wrong in this?

I understand the whole exotics issue, but it seems to me that if you were 30 before and want to hit 32 it would not have been some grueling uphill battle riddled with unfairness. I know if an exotic is awesome at lvl 30 it shouldn't suck at 32, and being that there wasn't a plethora of new ones well it's understandable. In any MMO, RPG and almost anywhere else.... our awesome weapons sucking when a new expansion comes is normal thou. What I'm getting at is that the whole issue with those too are due to the uniqueness of the situation, not what's normal. And it shouldn't be. I don't want to be lvl 40 one day and still be thinking about icebreakers and such when theyre should be bigger and better weapons by then of course.

The max you can be pre DLC was 29 without raiding. Raid gear gets you to 30. The loot drops were worse in VoG in terms of gear and a lot of people were missing one piece so they got stuck at 29.

DLC hit and they sold vendor gear to get you to 31 so anyone can bypass 30 now without raiding. Now raiding gets you to 32, and the loot system is smarter for the new raid to have an increase of chance to get pieces you're missing.

before the DLC the max you could hit was 30. thats what the raid gear was for, that was goal of the raid.

getting from 30-32 now, in the new raid is infinitly easier than going from 29-30 before thanks to the new
still broken
raid loot system.

also xur allows us to ungrade our old light 30 exotics to light 36 ones now. so your old exotics are still good once re-leveled.

but to answer your question about bigger and better guns. they seem to have actually gotten worse

E92 M3

How have I not known about the Secret of the Gorgon's Chest? egads, I've been doing it all wrong...

Too much trouble opening it up twice. It'll just be a hassle trying to get normal and then hard checkpoints on Xbox.

I'd say no since you get the rep still which will count for potential new items when you level the vendor up. Along with any engrams that might potentially turn into new things (I know the guns will be old from package but not sure about engrams unless the package contents is predetermined) . Otherwise it'll be cryptarch rank you can get new stuff regardless.

Isn't it like 150 rep per?

I know there are many variables to it, but personally I'm not saving anything to make sure there is always room for more stuff.

I was always under the impression that if you opened the chest on either difficulty it didn't show up the next time you did it, regardless of what difficulty you did it at.

Not with Gorgon. The chests on CE are only available once.

To be fair, I always knew about the gorgon chest for normal and hard...just never brought it up.

Yes, it's just not that worth it in the end game.

3 nightfalls netted me:
Universal Remote (7th, shard)
Don't Touch Me (2nd, +20 disc, keeping)
Purifier (lost count, over 10, ass energy)

I carried a couple people at the Purifier nf and they got freaking Heart of Praxic Fire!! The roll was probably better than Xurs too. Got excited for a split second.

Overall the rewards were better than I expected. Still need to do ds/Crota 3x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom