• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making progress.
g9IPsv3.jpg

Too much trouble opening it up twice. It'll just be a hassle trying to get normal and then hard checkpoints on Xbox.

I know there are many variables to it, but personally I'm not saving anything to make sure there is always room for more stuff.

Not with Gorgon. The chests on CE are only available once.

Yes, it's just not that worth it in the end game.

Most probably don't level them up that often and any bits help. If you're getting close to max then you can open 3-5 and you'll be good for a while. Unless you do a lot of daily pub events. But even so it's not hard to check your postmaster each time you go to the tower to make sure you have a few spots. It's worth it to me to keep as much crap as I don't need atm for DLC to potentially get a head start. But I can see how not having a green icon or not having to worry about space is nice. I think it adds space and managing that is worth the added space as well.

Ryck

Doing Crota's End fresh normal with one other buddy. I could prolly get to deathsinger just him and I so if anyone wants to jump in and make some free drops you are welcome.

Ryck007

We are at abyss just starting out so hurry :)

E92 M3

Most probably don't level them up that often and any bits help. If you're getting close to max then you can open 3-5 and you'll be good for a while. Unless you do a lot of daily pub events. But even so it's not hard to check your postmaster each time you go to the tower to make sure you have a few spots. It's worth it to me to keep as much crap as I don't need atm for DLC to potentially get a head start. But I can see how not having a green icon or not having to worry about space is nice. I think it adds space and managing that is worth the added space as well.

I really think we will have time to save once they make some kind of official announcement. With that said, I am saving stuff here and there, but not as extensively. Too much curiosity for that :D

I really think we will have time to save once they make some kind of official announcement. With that said, I am saving stuff here and there, but not as extensively. Too much curiosity for that :D

Haha yea it's like nightfall for me. I'm only looking for 2 things and the chances of getting them seem really slim. So, I tell myself I don't care about the rewards but whenever reset happens I get excited about the possibilities still. Can't help it

haha, same here, it kills me everytime I go to the tower and look at my cryptarch packages and wonder of my thunderlord is right inside

Legendary Primary
Legendary Special
Legendary Super
(Hopefully Xur not selling UR, and I'll buy my first Exotic Weapon)
Raid Chest
Exotic Arm
Vanguard Boots
Vanguard Cloak
VoG Ship
VoG Speeder

. . . and a Blue Helmet :(

Next week (and a chance to reach 125 Marks for my Jackknife Helmet) can't come soon enough!!!

to be fair, the only request goes out to HM gorgons. You never heard of anyone
before this week
ask for a NM gorgons and a HM gorgons

I didnt know either
Thinking more on it, the only exotic I still really want besides the Vex is Red Death. Since neither Vex nor Fatebringer can come from that chest, it's not the worst thing to not know about.

GRIP

Thanks for another good week of raids, guys. And thanks to StereoType for filling in for schwagger15, who apparently doesn't like us anymore

Another fun week! Didn't really get anything good, but then again there really isn't much left for me to get. Just playing for fun at this point. Almost didn't make it since at 3:02 yesterday afternoon I officially became an uncle and spent most of my evening at the hospital. Glad we ended up starting a little later than expected.

Sorry for the late response. Busy day at work so I haven't been checking the thread.

ethomaz

Banned
Can you give some tips for VIP kills?
Two or tree guys patrolling in different places of the map.
Each one got a VIP kill and kill it... it will count for all players in the fireteam.

I guess it is the fastest way.

PS. You can get some Public Events in the way.

this still lingers over my head. have not gotten this trophy yet, ill get to it one of these days

I just need the flawless to hit guardian lord. I'd be up for getting a group together to get it done sometime this week or weekend. Only night I am not available is Friday.

Let me know if you want to get that shit done.

Legendary Primary
Legendary Special
Legendary Super
Raid Chest
Exotic Arm
Vanguard Boots
Vanguard Cloak
VoG Ship
VoG Speeder

Next week (and a chance to reach 125 Marks for my Jackknife Helmet) can't come soon enough!!!

congrats man!

ive actually seen someone hit 30 with a blue. wierd

youll be running a full CE in no time

Hey guys just a quick question. Do you have to complete the full hard mode to get the crux? I have always killed crota on hard 28 times by using checkpoints, can anybody confirm if they have gotten it by doing the full raid or by checkpoint. Thanks.

Crota cp only. In fact I got it last night running a Crota cp only.

Deku Tree

Can you give some tips for VIP kills?

Haven't done it. Don't plan to do it. But I'd say do it with a fireteam of three. And each go in opposite directions on each planet. Person who grabs bounty doesn't have to be the person who completes it. Explore each planet then go to orbit and do it again.

Legendary Primary
Legendary Special
Legendary Super
Raid Chest
Exotic Arm
Vanguard Boots
Vanguard Cloak
VoG Ship
VoG Speeder

Have you been through a CE normal raid yet? If not, you should get into a group for it. You'd be a little underleveled but we'd carry you. You'd mow past 30 if you got a couple armor drops.

Are you transferring both normal and hard gorgon checkpoints to next Tuesday? I have normal deathsinger and hard crota saved and ready to go

Prob hard gorgon. Frankly its too much work, for myself, saving normal gorgon for a very small chance of getting an exotic. Unknown mostly saves the normal gorgon and thats where I got the normal gorgon from.

I just need the flawless to hit guardian lord. I'd be up for getting a group together to get it done sometime this week or weekend. Only night I am not available is Friday.

Let me know if you want to get that shit done.

yes, I would like an attempt. it would be nice to get that monkey off my back. there are a few other trophies I havnt gone for just becuase of that one. ill find some time and let you know. hopefully crota will behave himself

Gordon

I have been wondering something lately. I joined Destiny a little late but still managed to get my 3 characters to 31-30-30. I focused mostly on doing all there is to do to level up using vanguard gear, weeklies nightfalls but very few raids. Now that I have them high level I'm focusing on raids to get the cool stuff along with nightfalls/weeklies and such.

While I was leveling up I would listen to some of my friends who were playing the game for a while before me crying constantly about the hurdles of leveling up to lvl 32. That it was unfair that exotics had to be leveled up again and such and this and that, "OMG new people can even get to lvl 31 now with just vanguard!" type thing. But arriving at level 30 now with my characters it seems to me like if you were 30 before....all you had to do was just do raids, get the new gear and level that up? I'm I...wrong in this?

I understand the whole exotics issue, but it seems to me that if you were 30 before and want to hit 32 it would not have been some grueling uphill battle riddled with unfairness. I know if an exotic is awesome at lvl 30 it shouldn't suck at 32, and being that there wasn't a plethora of new ones well it's understandable. In any MMO, RPG and almost anywhere else.... our awesome weapons sucking when a new expansion comes is normal thou. What I'm getting at is that the whole issue with those too are due to the uniqueness of the situation, not what's normal. And it shouldn't be. I don't want to be lvl 40 one day and still be thinking about icebreakers and such when theyre should be bigger and better weapons by then of course.

Can someone explain to me what was the issue?
Personally it bugged me because I had just reached 30 after taking my sweet time going the quiet vanguard route to level 29 and then struggling through raids. I felt like I was finally able to relax and start max/min-ing my loadouts, and then a couple weeks later all of my gear was subpar and I was back to grinding for gear just to hit the level cap again. I've just now started getting drops that let me max/min a little at 32. I know 32 isn't prerequisite for enjoying the game, but it's a lot more fun when you're not struggling to take down tier 2 enemies when the ammo gets tight. Personally I think level increases are a lame way to beef your endgame because it means either leaving (previously end-game) content outdated or making it less accessible for new players. I would prefer if vendor gear had the same capacity as raid gear, but required raid materials to max out. That would let me have a lot more control over my progression but still leave me in a position of needing to do the raids to hit the level cap. Then as new content is released it can introduce new abilities and better stat rolls to make it worth sidegrading. I'm not saying I don't think they should ever increase the cap, but I don't think they should do it two levels at a time with each DLC. I'd much rather have a solid 5 level increase with Comet and have all the raids available at 30, 33, and 36. That would give you end-of-vanguard level raids, an intermediary level, and then very hard mode, which would hopefully actually be really hard, and not because of bugs
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Of course Bungie have different motives from me, and a ten year plan, so maybe things will shape up. Who knows.

yes, I would like an attempt. it would be nice to get that monkey off my back. there are a few other trophies I havnt gone for just becuase of that one. ill find some time and let you know. hopefully crota will behave himself

Cool.

Good thing about that is that if he doesn't behave, you only have to spend another 20 mins getting back there. From what I've seen (and experienced the one time i tried for the trophy), the bridge is the toughest part to get through. You've got the swordbearer who can sometimes just be an asshole, a bridge that may appear formed but actually isn't, stupid plates and shit to keep on top of, etc.

Nothing THAT tough, just stupid shit that could go wrong. After that, it's about taking your time with DS and Crota. If Crota and friends don't behave, a group of 32s can just wait it out because it should only take 2-3 swords to kill him.

ethomaz

Banned
When the best player in your fireteam is using remote play (me) you know there is something wrong in your team :p

I don't know how we managed to win the match yet... the other fireteam was really bad.

Cool.

Good thing about that is that if he doesn't behave, you only have to spend another 20 mins getting back there. From what I've seen (and experienced the one time i tried for the trophy), the bridge is the toughest part to get through. You've got the swordbearer who can sometimes just be an asshole, a bridge that may appear formed but actually isn't, stupid plates and shit to keep on top of, etc.

Nothing THAT tough, just stupid shit that could go wrong. After that, it's about taking your time with DS and Crota. If Crota and friends don't behave, a group of 32s can just wait it out because it should only take 2-3 swords to kill him.

ha, now that I think about I dont think Ive ever got through ds without dying at least once. usually just plow that and throw the shit to the wind.

Another fun week! . Almost didn't make it since at 3:02 yesterday afternoon I officially became an uncle.

Busy day at work so I haven't been checking the thread.

Congrats! So I guess Berried's theory that you're actually a 12 year old squeaker isn't true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom